players online

shinjigami | Reporter Application

shinjigami

Level 2

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
Shinjigami

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Shi****mi ! I do have a microphone, just a bit shy :D!

List your timezone and country:
PST: US

Describe your activity:
I actually have not been on srp in a few months! I got a bit bored with the whole ‘highschool cliches’, so my best friend convinced me to apply for a faction!
I used to play as a highschool boy named ‘Eiji’, and did the entire highschool cliches! When I was active, I would play often. I would go on to rate my activity a 7.5/10, considering I have two jobs and go to university full time! I know this faction will go on to motivate me more to raise that activity to a 10!

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
N/A

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
N/A

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
As I previously stated, I was burnt out on SRP! I wanted to find something to motivate me to continue playing on this server, especially since I really do enjoy it. A faction was the biggest suggestion I had gotten, after looking over every faction reporter went on to stick out for me. I can apply my writing onto something, and have people read it would be lovely.
Getting to be involved in events by going out of my way to interview people truly sounds fun to me. The entire faction/role seems very interesting to me, I have a good feeling this could also help me improve on my rp skills; learning to detail rp more and more as I encounter different scenarios and news. The last reason for wanting to apply for this, is wanting to “show-off” my writing skills. I have always been complimented for how well I am improving, writing short stories and such has been a small hobby of mine. I want to continue to expand it.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I actually do have quite a bit of experience with writing! I am currently studying to become a lawyer, meaning I had to write a pretty lengthy essay to be accepted into undergraduate school. Law involves many nights filled with readings, proceeding to annotate those readings. My vocabulary is constantly expanding, improving into something more mature and sophisticated (which is always a bonus when it comes to writing!) I constantly have to write essays going on to defend my points in debate and poli sci classes, which requires one to specialize in essays/writing.
Disregarding school, I mentioned I used to write short stories. . and sometimes poetry! A while back, I wrote a small poetry book and shared it with my university. I got many of my poems shared in our school newspaper which was a very proud moment for me.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am aware and will follow all of these rules!

Why should we accept you over others?:
I know I will be active daily, ranging from 1 hour a day to more. I want to start expanding my roleplay skills, putting myself in more scenarios, and I believe I have quality writing skills. This would be a great source to go ahead and “show them off”, displaying my improvement with every report! I know I will be doing great as a reporter; I am a great communicator, creative, and well-mannered.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes, I understand this!

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I trust myself that I will be completing my monthly quotas, meeting the requirements with no issue!

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I believe that being a reporter is a much more creative role in this server. When encountering a potential material that can be used for the news, a reporter must gather a handful of information to proceed with the ****ysis on the reports. Listening carefully, replaying every small detail to be able to emphasize on certain points; Wanting to go ahead and make points through writing! A mature and well mannered attitude should be worn at all times, approaching citizens with a professional aura is deeply important! I imagine reporters putting themselves out there, sometimes needing to encounter precarious and bitter situations to further understand “the full story!”

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Screen Shot 2023-07-23 at 2.19.08 AM.png
Full Name:

Tooru Ozaki

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Mr. Ozaki
Sir Ozaki

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
“When living in Russia, back in my early 20’s, I worked as a high-school tutor. I would specify on helping anything in the literature department; Writings, essays, annotations, etc. was my field when I would help each teen. At night, I would pick up shifts from 7:00 Pm up until 3-4 am.

As I moved back to Japan, I continued the bartending life. . but I quickly gave that up to pursue what I really love, writing. Journalism was a passion, being able to melt my emotions on pen and paper brought me dear joy. I would often help write news on websites, giving easy access to clueless civilians who do not know what's going on in this town!”

Degree/qualifications:

“Proud and confident to say I have a Master’s Degree in Political science. . and of course, a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism!”

Nationality and born location:
“ I was born in Japan, but raised by a Russian mother and Japanese father!
I was born in Kyoto, Japan. . ah how I miss that gorgeous town I called ‘a garden’

Phone Number: 030-185-5091

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
“How would I go on to describe myself? Three words, posh, loyal, and a hard worker. I care deeply about my work, when I am committed to something. . I make sure to apply myself to the best of my abilities. With me as a teammate, you will not have to fear being abounded; I will always make sure to apply myself, reach my full 150% potential!"

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
" I want to help give people a voice, allow those who have been wronged and mistaken to speak up .. unraveling the truth from what has gone on in certain stories. . but that is not all, there is a side to every piece meaning that research must be well done! This is what I love to do, go out of my way to find out the real truth. . not that sappy stuff most expect, I want to understand everyone's point of views! All of this means I have to go out of my comfort zone, which is no issue to me at all. I am quite the outgoing man- so this will be okay for me!"

What are your expectations for the job?:
"I am expecting to go out of my way to understand things to a deeper level, meaning that I will need to make deep efforts! Not everyone is an open book, therefor I must step in to help them feel comfortable and safe knowing they can share their story.. and come on, we all know this involves sticking my nose into other's business- which I do not mind at all."

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
“I strive away from getting myself into trouble, my record is squeaky clean!"

PROMPTS:

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.
SUPER HEROS CARRY FIRST AID KITS

[!]Two beeps can be heard, as the button shifts back up from being pressed [!]

“Good Morning, Karakura City. Tooru Ozaki here with your local news, updates, and current issues!”

[!]A loud cry can be heard behind Tooru’s voice[!]

“ Across the street, it’s evident that a young teenager is deeply hurt. Their screams can be heard from miles away- but, what is my main point here? I had just awoken to the pleads, asking for assistance! Opening my window curtains, I see two of them on the scene. A doctor and psych helping this individual to safety.! Right away, the doctor applied pressure to the bleeding wound, not minding the heavy thunder-storm; They’d aid the young man’s cries.

Whenever I go on to see an individual being assisted by EMS in these paramedic uniforms, it is usually a doctor or surgeon on sight. . but today was different! A psychiatrist was speaking in a hushed tone, squatting down next to the doctor. . as they assisted the individual.

The unnamed psychiatrist smoked in a hush tone, giving instructions on breathing techniques . .to help assist them in calming down! It was working; Yes, tears remained in their eyes, but the patient appeared to be calming down, allowing the doctor to help the heavy wounds stop from bleeding.

[!] Running Footsteps Can be Heard As Tooru Continued to Speak[!]

My morning just began, and these hero’s who carry first aid kits are already helping civilians to safety. They appear to be running along, taking them to the hospital where they can provide better care! We need to thank these individuals more often, realizing they are running all over the town in hope to help others!
Take a minute to thank EMS for all their hard work. Thank you Ems. Tooru Ozaki signing off”

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

"Nobody is broken."

[!] Static can be heard. . allowing it to randomly flash onto a blurry scene; The camera adjusted within 5 long seconds, exposing Tooru and a woman[!]

Ozaki: “Good evening Karakura, Sir Ozaki is back with another important report! Today I am seated across the lovely Dr. Sunako Kirishiki, a psychiatrist from our splendid hospital. . how are you doing today, Ms. Kirishiki?”

Kirishiki: “Hello Sir Ozaki, I am finding myself doing well these days; Thank you very much!”

Ozaki: That is amazing to hear, I want to speak on something that is not talked about very much; Let us get onto the topic of violent patients.

[!] The camera would shift onto Kirishiki [!]

Ozaki: “As a psychiatrist it must be hard to learn that you are going to need to be conscious that a patient could have a violent outburst anytime, would you agree?”

Kirishiki: “If I am quite honest, it was not hard to learn at all . . you see, we are trained for these situations. Psychiatrists are aware that it could happen due to their mental illness, further proving it is not their fault!”

Ozaki: “I see, you're absolutely right. A patient is not in full control when they evidently have clear signs of a mental illness, correct?”

Kirishiki: “Correct, Intermittent explosive disorder is the perfect example to use as a source. This disorder is characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger. . they are not looking to hurt you, sometimes a trigger gets set off and things just get hostile!”

[!] Camera panned back onto Ozaki, he had crossed his right over his left leg; Adjusting his posture, he cleared his throat[!]

Ozaki: “ That is very understandable, when things get triggered. . they are not in control of their minds, of course! Have you accidentally ever mistakenly triggered a patient, having to go through this scenario?”

Kirishiki: “I actually have, back when I first began working here. A young girl, who will not be named, attacked me and needed to be put in isolation right away. I remember how heavy my breathing remained for the rest of the night, radioing KPD that I had just been attacked. . yelling for a colleague to assist me; Things truly felt overwhelming!”

Ozaki: “Oh my! I can completely imagine the anxiety rush that was rushing through your body- I have so much deep respect for all of EMS, there could be times where you guys could enter possible danger. . but you risk it, all to be able to help them!”

Kirishiki: “Of course. I care deeply for my patients, watching their growth and process is always a huge accomplishment- but not my accomplishment, there's. I love to hear them ‘brag’ about how well they are doing, they deserve to speak on these great things!”

Ozaki: “Rightfully so, Ms. Kirishiki! They worked their way up, meaning they have the right to humbly brag. I want to proceed by asking about what happens when a patient returns after a violent outburst? What was the interaction first like when you both saw one another for the first time since that moment?”

[!] Kirishiki took a long pause, evidently appearing to be recalling that old memory. A smile shifted onto her face[!]

Kirishiki: “I happily greeted them. An apology was given to me, which was of course accepted-!”

Ozaki: “Accepted? Meaning you held no resentment towards this individual?”

Kirishiki: “They were not doing well with her new prescribed medications. . How can I hold resentment towards this young individual sobbing their eyes out, begging for their forgiveness. . repeating the words, ‘Please forgive me, I will do my best to get better!’ “

[!]Ozaki nodded. A look of empathy was scattered all over his face, leaning forward to show his undivided attention to the psych. . he spoke in a hushed tone[!]

Ozaki: “This is exactly what I mean when I say ‘I have so much respect for EMS’! As a psychiatrist you do not judge a person for a mistake… I want to go on to learn, what is the number one thing you believe as a psychiatrist?”

[!] Kirishiki took another pause, her eyes were filled with kindness. . as she directed her body and eyes straight towards the camera.. With a smile she spoke[!]

Kirishiki: “Nobody is broken. ‘I can not be fixed’ is said all the time to me, and I want to tell you… you are not an object that can break. You are human, you are able to feel without being considered a monster... with proper mental health care and support, things can begin to get better! It is up to both of us , the doctor and patient, to make that happen,”

[!]Ozaki was the one smiling now, nodding to her statement; Ozaki turned to the camera as well[!]

Ozaki: “I agree with Ms. Kirishiki! We all need to take these words of wisdom.. Now, many people go out of their way to say, ‘Therapy is a scam! It never helps!’ What is your response to this?”

Kirishiki: “I can see why some people go on to think that.. They try and try, but it never seems to help! I encourage people to find a psychiatrist they feel a connection to, somebody they can learn to trust. Its okay to try and try until you find the right one!”

[!] They both nodded in synch. Laughing it off, Ozaki fixed his posture. . turning to Kirishiki, he spoke.[!]

Ozaki : “Well Said, Kirishiki! I'm glad you spoke up about these things, people do not realize how much psychiatrists do for our community”

Kirishiki: “Thank you, Sir Ozaki! We truly truly try our bests!”

[!]Ozaki would clear his throat a final time, smiling towards the camera[!]

Ozaki: “WELL, I am Sir Tooru Ozaki; Thank you to the lovely Dr. Sunako Kirishiki for taking time out of your day to partake in this interview!”

Kirishiki: “It was no issue, thank you for having me and allowing me to speak about how important this all is! Mental health must be spoken about more!”

Ozaki: “I very much agree with that! To the lovely civilians of Karakura, I hope this all inspires you to realize the importance of mental health! This is Sir Ozaki, signing off!”

[!]Ozaki would stand up, with a remaining smile. . he walked over to the camera, turning it off. Leaving the screen pitch black.[!]

[OOC]
Additional Information: n/a

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:
  • Please get in touch with me via Discord @Aania to start the process and get you set up!​

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread