cupidslover
Notable+
━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

Ryūketsu.png

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮
Applicant’s Information!
╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

What is your Minecraft username?:
I currently have two Minecraft accounts, my main one being ‘wzsi’. Though, the one I will be applying on is named ‘wmsi’.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?):
Yes, I do. My username is maddie.#2407

How old are you? (Optional):
I am sixteen

What is your time zone?:
My timezone is currently BST, also known as British Standard Time.

Describe your activity on the server:
I’d say I am an extremely active player, consistently engaging throughout the community alongside the server itself. I am active every day, for at least a couple of hours a day.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I have not.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I fully accept and acknowledge this.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
[Grade-11] Nara Endō - wzsi
[Grade-8] Vivienne Dupois - wmsi (Account I am applying on)

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

information.png

What type of shop are you applying for?:
A restaurant.

What shop are you applying for?:
I am applying for the open slot currently under the name of ‘Kissako Karakura’.

Will you be changing the store’s name? If so, why?:
Yes, I do plan to change the name. I currently plan to change it to Ryūketsu, meaning bloodshed, as I feel this name would better suit the restaurant I indeed plan to own.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:

I plan for Ryūketsu to be a Japanese-based Kaiseki restaurant. In Japan, kaiseki is believed to be one of the highest forms of fine dining available, and so I wish to convey this in the presentation of my store. Within Kaiseki, there are typically six to fifteen courses so, naturally, Ryūketsu will offer at least one dish from each of these categories; Though, ideally two or more would be had in each category, however, given the number of courses this would simply not be feasible.

The courses that Ryūketsu will offer will be as such:
These are not in a particular order.
Course name:Dish(es) that will be served:
Shokuzen-shu. This is typically a course consisting of a shot of liquor, it is also the first course to be served.A shot of liquor, commonly ume-shu (a plum wine) or a similar alcohol.
Saki-zuke. This course serves an amuse-bouche, to stimulate the consumer’s appetite.A small bite of something savoury, such as horse-hair crab, sea urchin, or other similar dishes.
Hassun. A seasonal platter of small samples of appetisers. This will represent one of the four seasons.A plate consisting of at least seasonal dishes of ‘mountain harvest’, or ‘ocean harvest’ structured so that the seafood dishes would be at the back right, with the vegetables at the front left of the platter.
Ko-Suimono. A soup or broth is typically served within this course.Two dishes fitting this course would be miso soup, or matsutake suimono.
Mushi-mono. Steamed food is the main focus of this dish.A popular example of a dish served in mushimono would be chawanmushi, alongside a shot of sake. Steamed rockfish could also be a unique cuisine to serve in this category.
Tsukuri. Sashimi.Sashimi is thinly sliced raw fish. Fugu, pufferfish, or salmon is a typical fish to be served.
Yaki-mono. A grilled course, usually consisting of mainly meat.A perfect dish for this course would be Unagi, freshwater eel; If you don’t feel like eel, you could also order Yakitori chicken skewers. A classic.
Atsu-mono. A hot dish.Maitake mushroom, kabocha, and ginkgo nuts combined is a great dish to settle for any atsu-mono. No matter your taste buds.
Shii-zakana. Often one of the larger courses of the meal, its contents vary widely.Meat and vegetables simmered in broth, much similar to hot-pot, is an average meal for this course. This would be easy to serve, and a rather straightforward choice. It is also known as shabu shabu.
Takiawase. A simmered dish.Vegetables cooked in meat, fish, or tofu make up this course. I believe the dish that fits this best would be Autumn Washoku.
Shokuji. Rice and pickled veggies, an essential part of Kaiseki.A steaming bowl of plain rice, topped with pickled vegetables is this dish. Simple as that.
Mizu-mono. The sweet dish, served at the end of a meal. Typically fruit, or sweets.Peaches are a universally-loved fruit, especially when sliced thin and presented in a beautiful fashion. This would be the first dish offered on the menu for this course, the other being Japanese persimmons. Seeing as these are Japan’s national fruit, it is only fitting for these to be included somehow.

Though, to be more realistic, the dishes that would be served would be more like:

Beverages:
Water - ¥100
Green tea - ¥500
Pink boba - ¥1,250
Americano - ¥750
Chai tea latte - ¥1,500
'Cub'uccino - ¥10,000
Totoro's latte - ¥10,000

Alcoholic beverages:
Sake - ¥14,000
Red cat wine - ¥7,750
Shochu - ¥12,000

Main courses:
Lamb donburi - ¥2,500
Nakamura ramen - ¥5,000
Bento box - ¥2,750
Takeout ramen - ¥1,200
Takoyaki - ¥1500
Tamagoyaki - ¥2,500

Side dishes:
Rice - ¥750
Onigiri - ¥850

Desserts:
Ice cream mochi - ¥5,500
Dango - ¥250
Kuma Dango - ¥300
Fruits, such as kiwi, apple, or pomegranate - ¥350 each
Strawberry bunny cake - ¥1750

What will you sell in your shop?:

Though these would mostly have to be customs, though there are currently quite a few meals in-game that fit the criteria for many courses, these are the ideas I have for food options. Below, is a sheet of food that I believe would fit the theme of the restaurant and remain realistic.

Untitled design (5).png

Do you plan to host any special events or activities within your store? If so, what will they be?:

Yes, I do plan on hosting events. I have listed a few down below, though I do plan on hosting more.
‘Open night’​
This event will be the restaurant on its first hiring phase having its doors open for future employees to see where they will be potentially working. With the owner handing out flyers, alongside them being pinned up on the wall, it'll be a fun event in which citizens and future employees can inspect their future working or eating conditions.​
‘Hibachi night’​
An evening when all of the restaurant’s tables will be cleared out, and instead replaced with hibachi grills. For this night, all of the 'chefs' will be working and role-playing out the cooking process through DetailRP. The bar of course will also be open during this evening, and this will be the only seating aside from the hibachi grills to be available.​
‘Slow dance night’​
Once more for this night all of the tables will be cleared to make space for a special dance floor catered to this evening. During this event, slow dance music would be played via a w2g (watch2gether) session, and the link would be shared through /itl. Speakers could be placed around the restaurant, and the lighting could be dimmed to create a better atmosphere of a ballroom. The bar would be open, and the seating would be available though no food would be served nor would the hibachi section of the restaurant be open.​

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━​

MENU.png

What will the store’s appearance be like?:
When you set foot in the store, a deep red atmosphere would greet your eyes alongside a waiter at the front desk. This waiter will greet you, and ask for your party size. If the seats you will need are available, they will beckon you onwards deeper into the restaurant. Looking around, you’d discover a circle bar in the middle of the main area alongside a sakura tree directly in the middle of it. With seating around the bar, booths would also be placed around the edge of the space. These booths would be the main seating, and hold one to six people at a time. Lining the walls of the interior would be many pieces of traditional Japanese art, such as show katanas, tapestries, engraved dragons, a water feature, and lots of paintings. Below you, deep brown wooden flooring would lay to support the structure. Alongside the red theme, and brown flooring, hanging red lanterns would be hung from the ceiling and placed strategically over every table and around the restaurant.

On the exterior, large tinted windows will sit neatly to give guests a view out; While still keeping the private experience that Kaiseki maintains. Dark foliage settled outside, and small sakura trees, along with a 2x3 sign to advertise the current hiring status alongside new dishes and the store’s discord server will be placed along the front.

Below, you will find multiple pictures of the inspiration for the interior:
Untitled design (7).png

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

worker information.png

How many employees do you plan to have?:

The employee roster I plan to maintain will be as follows:

Shopkeeper: [1]
The shopkeeper, also known as the owner, is the leader of the shop. Their role is, naturally, the most vital one in the entirety of the work team. It is their job to stock the store, request restocks of items, pay taxes, collect the employee’s owed wages, and keep everything in order. Their role is to be the foundation of the store, the rock; Designing the store, creating the concept, hiring employees, creating menus, and creating the store in general. These are all tiresome tasks that the owner has to do and which I am prepared to do.

Managers: [3]
The role of a manager is mostly similar to the shopkeeper, aside from a few duties which are limited to just the shop’s owner. Managers are an essential part of any store, restaurant, retail, accessories, or anything. They’re sort of like a safety net, able to open the store when the shopkeeper can’t, taking inventory of the current stock, keeping employees in line on shift, and sorting out issues with customers.

Waitstaff: [20]
The role of the waitstaff is the same ICly and OOcly. In simple terms, their role is to greet customers and guide them to their table depending on their party size. Once seated, the guests will be handed their menus and the server will leave for a couple of minutes while they do other tasks, such as seating other customers. When a sufficient amount of time has passed, the waitstaff will return to the table to take the guests’ orders and take note of them. Making their way back to the kitchen area, the waitstaff will pick up the customer’s orders and log them on the online panel. Once all is in order and correct, they will now take the order to the correct guests’ table and receive payment; When payment is given, the guests will receive their food and drinks. The waitstaff should ask if everything is okay at the table, and if they need anything then leave them to eat their delicious meal.

All in all, I intend to have 24 employees.

Employee appearance?:

I, the shopkeeper, will be dressed in a formal kimono at all times; This being for appearances and traditional Japanese high-end experience. Our hope is to make the experience as authentic as possible, and we will do whatever it takes to get there. As for my employees, the waitstaff will all be expected to wear formal suits, or kimonos, during their shifts. This will be mandatory as appearance is a crucial feature of all restaurants; As the saying goes, we eat with our eyes.

You may find pictures of the inspiration for the employee attire below:

Add a little bit of body text.png

Employee rules?:

Ryūketsu will have multiple strict employee rules in place. These will be made abundantly clear from the second you start working here.

Tradition.
Ryūketsu is a traditional Japanese kaiseki restaurant, and so we wish to honour that in everything that we do. Staff must remain formal, and respect traditions that will be conveyed and used within the store. This includes traditional tea pouring if requested, alongside bowing respectfully at all customers that set foot on the premises.

Punctuality
. All employees are expected to arrive immediately, fully prepared for their shift. This means, having their pockets free and ready for us, wearing their kimono or having it on their persons. They will, occasionally, be allowed to change into their attire in the back however it is highly preferred that you come ready to serve customers. This includes your attitude and demeanour. If you are in a bad mood in the slightest, it will not be had. Our customer’s experience is the highest priority here at Ryūketsu and I will not let anything get in the way of that.

Respect.
All employees must be respectful to not only the customers but also one another. Whether it be a disagreement or anything of the sort you are expected to remain calm and respectful at all times. If you are caught misbehaving in this manner by myself or a manager, there will be consequences.

Detail.
A key feature of traditional kaiseki is the detail and effort put into every meal. Every single detail matters, even the ones that seem ‘unimportant’. We will convey this in our restaurant, and ensure that the intricate details of traditional kaiseki will not be put to shame.

Courteousness.
Courteousness is a given in any sort of fine dining, though especially kaiseki. In Japan, it is customary to be polite and remain well-mannered at all times. I expect all employees to maintain this level of courteousness. No matter the situation, this is vital. There is a saying, the customer is always right. Though this is not necessarily true, it is best to agree with customers most times and satisfy their needs. If a customer is left unsatisfied, and there are things that could’ve been done differently this is simply unacceptable. This rule is definitely a punishable offence and one of the most strict rules.

Appropriate attire.
All employees, chef or not, are required to attend in the appropriate attire for this role. This includes keeping their uniforms clean, tidy, and neat. When your uniform is given to you, you now have ownership and responsibility for that uniform. We expect you to take everything you are given and treasure it with the highest care; Working at Ryūketsu is a privilege, after all.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

information (1).png

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:

I will be answering this question from an in-character perspective and an out-of-character one.

OOCly:
There are a multitude of reasons that I’d want to own a store, though I will be going in-depth about just a few. One of the primary reasons I want to become a shopkeeper is my deep motivation to become my own boss. Having creative freedom within my store, such as being able to decorate it as I wish, or customise which dishes I want to sell, are all enticing ideas that come with the idea of being a shopkeeper. Alongside the flexibility within the restaurant, it gives me genuine flexibility as well. Though I do love and enjoy working in other player-ran stores, it is a pain that most shifts are catered more to American time zones and schedules. Most shifts, for me, are hosted at around two to four am. I understand that this may be because of peak server activity or an abundance of different reasons, but I guarantee an equal amount of counter-arguments to the need for more shifts catering to Europeans. In addition to my above point, another reason I’d love to run my own store is simply my love for cooking. Ever since I was able, or allowed, to cook I have done it every single day. It’s something I enjoy greatly, and I’d go as far as to call it one of my passions or hobbies. The idea of owning a restaurant on SRP has been a dream of mine since the early days of my joining. I never thought I’d have the chance to do it, nor the guts to simply apply but here I am! Doing things I thought I’d never do, which is another reason I want this store. Through owning a store, people get to meet new people, talk to them regularly, be in new environments, and branch out their social horizons. Not only social, though; Simply filling out this application has helped me learn even more in-depth about kaiseki, graphic design, and digital art, and perhaps more about myself.

ICly:
[!]
This would be written on a torn-out sheet of a notebook, written in messy handwriting.
Though, clearly legible. Tea would splatter the page on occasion, causing the ink to bleed.

“Well, to start, kaiseki has always been an important part of my life. Growing up in Japan, my parents were moderately wealthy and we often had the opportunity to enjoy meals at some of the best restaurants in town. But it was always the kaiseki restaurants that were the most memorable. The level of skill, creativity, and attention to detail that goes into each dish is truly impressive; The way the chefs perfectly immerse you into the performance, catching your undivided attention and entertaining your full mind. This is always something that replays in my mind, it is the sort of memory I think of when I lay in bed at night. Everyone has those memories.

A pause in the writing, with a clear tea-stained circle in the gap.

As I grew older, I began to think more about the deeper meanings behind the art that is Kaiseki. This included the cultural significance of kaiseki as well. It is not just a meal, but a carefully crafted experience that reflects the seasons, the region, and pure beauty. Kaiseki is not just cuisine, it is art. I believe that through my own kaiseki restaurant, I can share this passion with others and help to preserve this age-old part of Japanese cuisine.

Additionally, I have always been very passionate about cooking and business. I have worked many restaurant jobs for many years, starting from the very bottom as a dishwasher and hell even becoming a manager in multiple restaurants. Using these positions, I’d say my skills are polished. I have developed a deep sense of the success of a restaurant and what in particular makes it so. With my deep knowledge and personal experience, combined with my love of kaiseki, I believe that I have the skills and talent to create a truly exceptional dining experience.”

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━​

Extra:

Additional notes about your application:

N/A
Do you have any questions?:
I have no questions as of right now.​

Last edited:

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for applying for shopkeeper!
Your ideas are amazing and I am looking forward to working with you. Send me a dm - sak#8404 - to get everything set up!​

Users who are viewing this thread