Shop Application

nebulosi

Level 15
fortitudo
fortitudo
Rich

IGN: shuraba

Discord: mar#3333

Describe your activity on the server: On a scale of 1-10, I would currently rate it an 8.

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.44369/ - Language Application | Korean - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/tutor-application.40263/ - School Faction | Tutor Application - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/shop-10-application.15611/ - Shop Application | Shop 10 - Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-applicaiton.32595/ - Language Application | French - Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application-v2.32641/ - Language Application | French - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.35084/ - Language Application | JSL - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.37709/ - Language Application | Italian - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-language-application.15604/ - Language Application | Spanish - Accepted

Previous warns/kicks/bans: N/A

Shop wanted:

Unowned shop #3

Why do you want to own a shop?:

Owning a shop will grant me new experiences in roleplay. I’ll be able to have fun with a new branch of people, and have plenty of new opportunities come my way. I’ll have this chance to develop my leadership skills and fully express my creativity within the shop.

While owning a shop may be something different for almost everyone, not everyone decides to near-constantly roleplay as their shopkeeper, nor do they have a fully functioning relationship with others in character. Being a shopkeeper will grant so much more openings in terms of roleplay in general, as I don’t plan on simply walking around the shop, I do plan on helping my employees out and assisting them with certain jobs that they need help with. I plan to have the entire shop taken in-character, meaning that a call is improbable while on shift, as that starts an incentive for a lot of out-of-character conversing.

Having fun with many new branches of people is something open for me. Having employees is not the only branch that plays a part in this, though: I think that this will also open my experiences with the entirety of the school roleplay community, as it seems that many people want to converse with shopkeepers when they do decide to open. I will have many chances to talk to many different types of people, and this will most definitely broaden my horizons overall as a person.

Finally, as a conclusion to this question, I plan to develop my OOC and IC leadership skills as a person. I think that it will be smart to be able to express a leader as a character, and hopefully I can not only apply this to my character, but to myself as well. Everyone is bound to make mistakes, though I think that mistakes will help me learn as a person. Despite this, I will do my best to avoid making mistakes that may come with being a shopkeeper. With my creativity, I think I will be able to express it very well with how much I have planned in terms of both lore-wise and event-wise as a shopkeeper.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:

Happibouru will be mostly (spare a handful of trusted teens...) a family-run business. With the help of other shop owners and partnered businesses, though, the ramen shop is planned to grow to be something large and widely known; at least, among Karakura. Known to open late at night, with a homey feel and fresh ramen open from the kitchen, the restaurant will be very calm and generally a happy and comfortable place for most people to be.

Now, having stated this simple introduction to the ramen shop, I do believe that it is time I introduce many of the plans that may appear on a weekly or even daily basis at Happibouru. Before anything, all of these are possible ideas - meaning they may or may not happen.

Weekend Sales - If Happibouru opens on the weekend, there may be a sale (such as buy two get one free) on certain ramen bowls. This would be applicable for food only, any other items would not be able to partake in this sale.

Date Nights - Customers who attend Happibouru with a significant other will not only receive a complimentary gift from the staff of Happibouru, but will also receive a ten percent discount off of their meal.

Open-Mic Night - Depending on the size of the possible shop, I would be able to implement a stage into the design - in which case, there would be a small fee to perform, though people may be able to perform as they choose upon our stage.

However, events are not the only thing I plan to have occur within the shop. The shop itself will have many Shinto references, as the owner is rather religious - and with this, the possibility of lore within the shrine and Happibouru is able to come to light. Nothing has officially been planned, but it could be very possible. Not to mention, with the owner being somewhat religious, it would be possible to host sponsorships for the shrine.

However, events are not the only thing that I’ve planned. I have come up with an ideal basic build (with the generous help of my friend, hannriverr) and this can be changed at any time, but this is something that I do like a lot for the idea of. Happibouru is planned to have both an outdoor seating area as well as a small area that you could order takeout indoors. This is a simple, though enjoyable design, and I’ll share images of the possible design below.

And finally, as for a team within my shop. . I plan to have it made of a close group of friends at first, and later on it will be possible for the team to open up to players of the SRP community. Onward to our next question!

How will your shop be unique?:

Not only are there not many family-run businesses within Karakura, but there are also currently no ramen shops run within Karakura. I think that both of these ideas are somewhat unique, especially next to each other; along with the part that we are planning both events and a religious-based shop also feels unique to me.

With family-run businesses in Karakura, not many of them are open as often. I plan to make sure the current family members are active, and have active friends that will be able to work for my shop as often as possible - which also means that I will be able to open at least three times a week. Not many shops are open when some time zones are awake, and I strive to be able to open as much as possible so that I can reach the best amount of people that I am able.

With a small ramen shop being held late at night, it will give a homey feel - and not only this, but it will be easy to speak to employees, as well. I think that with a ramen shop that is able to serve both outdoor and indoor, it will apply to many real-life Japanese restaurants, as well as stereotypical anime restaurants. This ramen shop is planned to be something small, though something that can grow (reputationally) into much more.

Finally, with a shop that is, lore-wise, able to grow into something very large, I feel that I will be able to implement many options for both myself and the SRP community. I feel like there are many choices in directions that I would be able to go for this shop, and therefore, I think that there is a lot of room for it to grow and become something big in Karakura. I think that it would be a great choice for me to be able to run this shop and choose what could happen with it.

Tokoroten

Somen noodles

Spicy udon

Glass noodles (including shrimp, tomato and cilantro)

Yakisoba stir fry

How many employees are you planning to have?:

I am planning to have anywhere from ten to fifteen employees in total, whereas there will be three to four at a time working (including myself). There would be two working within the main outdoor area, while they may be able to converse with customers, and there would be one or two working at the to-go counter indoors. I think that this would be a fitting amount to be able to both have different people work at different times, as well as being able to keep the shop itself active.

Does your character have any college degrees? If so, list it:

Yes. A major in communications and a minor in education.

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-6_21-58-53.png
    upload_2021-8-6_21-58-53.png
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
  • Unfortunately the following shop you're trying to apply for is now taken