matvzr

Level 1
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
matvzr

DISCORD NAME & TAG: matvzr#6276

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?: CST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS: None

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?: Yes I have a microphone, but I normally just listen since my family is weird about talking to people on the internet.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER: I’m new, I saw a post on planet minecraft awhile about the server and finally joined so I'm still trying to figure it all out but I’m trying my hardest to understand the concept of roleplaying and think I have it down! I’d say a six out of ten.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?: Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?: I don’t know much about it. I do know a a few things about shintoism like how it is a polytheistic religion. Polytheism means they believe in more than one god. I also know that they worship the Kamii. I am prepared to learn more about the religion as I play.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS? I think that I stand out more than the other applicants because I am new and trying to jump right into a big role on the server. I am very prepared to learn about a religion, and maybe take it into real life and do more research about it there as well.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?: Yes
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1:
Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME: Yui Enomoto

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80): 21

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY: Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER: (030)-080-4731

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?: My motivation for applying to work at the monastery was the amount of craziness within the city. I think that the shrine would be a good fit for me to keep myself safe out of danger. I have seen too much criminal activity to want to stay anywhere near there. As well as the nice maiden and priests I have already talked to have made me feel like I was at home.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY: I know a handful of things about the monastery like why the god makes terrible storms around Karakura is because it was left to be the last god around the area. And the last priest set the place on fire which made the other gods leave.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dear Monastery Lead, I pray that you’re having the best day you could ever be having. I am writing this letter in hopes to help you pick me to join your association there at the monastery. I really love the place you keep up and running. All of the history about the place keeps me more and more intrigued as I learn more. It would make me the happiest person ever to be able to call myself a Maiden. To call the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery home would be fantastic. I’ve made many trips up to the place, and everyone has been so nice and thoughtful. And the scenery is even better! I hope you take the time out of your day to consider me! Thanks a lot! -Love Yui!

BACKSTORY (100+ Words): Yui Tanaka was born in Japan karakura, where she had a nice wealthy family and she sometimes suffered from bipolar disorder, she has been taking medication and going for a the******, she was diagnosed at 12 years old, at 15 three years later she has been being a normal individual and making friends, never got into fights and always studied hard in school. Her mom was a shrine maid so Yui wanted to follow her mothers footsteps in order to be a nice charming athletic calm person, who meditates on the regular and knows how to deal with situations, baptizing people, and helping many more. Yui studied hard in school in order to become a maid, she also researched about the pros and cons about it and she seemed happy once she got to learn more from her mother, her father on the other hand worked as a police officer in karakura japan and almost was killed by a mob of gangsters, but luckily he survived, this put a lot of stress on Yui if she wanted to become a maid especially in the dangerous city of karakura, she made up her mind and wants to be on the more peaceful side of the Karakura side.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
Priests hold worships, keep the grounds clean, and things along those lines. While Maidens just run the gift shops, help any events that may go on, answer questions and things like that.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?: You would walk up to the washing station and pick up the ladle as you would pour water into one hand as you scrubbed it. Then you would repeat the process to the other hand so that both hands are washed. As a final step you would take the ladle filling it up with water one last time as you poured the water into your hand. After the water is in your hand you’d pour it into your mouth swishing it around. Finally you would spit the water out onto the rocks that were below your feet.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?: An offering to a Kami is performed by pulling the rope that would be above you. Which would ring a bell letting the gods know that you are there to make an offer to them. After that you would put whatever you are offering into the box. You would bow twice and then quickly clap twice. As your hands came together on the last clap you would leave your hands together praying whatever you were to want to pray about. When you are done you bow one last time.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?: The tea ceremony consists of a host first bringing the tea and the utensils into the room the guests are in. They would then offer the guests a drink which would be the tea. They would then go to prepare the tea by placing pulverized tea leaves that were stirred in hot water and then served to the guests.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for: A Tamagushi is a form of Shinto offering made from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton. At Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi and other ceremonies at Shinto shrines, tamagushi are ritually presented to the kami by parishioners, shrine maidens or kannushi priests. In Japanese religion, an ofuda is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. Ofuda are commonly found in both Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples and are considered to be imbued with the power of the deities or Buddhist figures revered therein. Such amulets are also called gofu. Kagura suzu are a set of twelve bells used in kagura dance. The set consists of three tiers of bells suspended by coiled brass wires from a central handle: two bells on the top tier, four bells on the middle tier, and six bells for the bottom tier.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?: Yama-No-Kami

Last edited:

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread