Shrine Application, Ein Kaedehara

Out Of Character Information:

IGN: ZombieRibbon

Discord Tag: Zombie#3763

Previous Bans: I have had no bans throughout my time on SRP

Do you have a working microphone for discord calls?:

Yes, I do have a working microphone.

Position you are applying for?:

I am applying to become a Monastery Priest.

Describe your activity on the server:

I am on most times but I do have work in real life, But I try to make room for SRP.

What knowledge do you currently have of Shintoism and are you prepared to learn about the religion?:

Shintoism is a Japanese Native religion based upon nature and ancestry worshipping. It was influenced by other religions like Buddhism and Taoism.
Shintoism focuses heavily on rituals of cleansing the body and mind, forgiving any misdeeds that have upset the Kami they worship.

What makes you stand out for this role over other applicants?:

I am a very spiritual person, I have studied under Wicca religion for approximately 3 months and I am very open into learning more of other nationalities religions for my own personal education. I am cooperative, Easygoing, Though not much of an extrovert I can indeed conversate on important matters. My activeness is quite balanced and I am mostly free on my schedule unless when it comes to working in my real life.

In Character Information:

Full Name: Ein Kaedehara

What is your age: 18 Years Old

Why are you applying to work at the Monastery:

This one has heard/read of the Kami that watch over the mortals of Karakura, Ones that have properly given themselves to the Kami have been blessed with the protection and the cleansing of the Divine for years. He wishes to be bestowed with a clean slate of his well being, For he has performed an act of sin that he believes will be nearly impossible to be forgiven. He had acted on revenge against the wickedness of two who had stolen the life of his father figure in front of him, Which he had scuffed the life from them as well. Now he wishes to be cleansed and protected from the miasma of karma herself. He has a fair share of experience with nature for he is a follower of Wicca culture, Undergoing enchantments of spells and rituals and viewing the divinity of life in every organism molded by the hands of the gods. Though if he is not suited for this he will only wish give his services to the Shrine, Cleaning, or even just being an assistant is well enough for this one. For he truly wishes to give himself and be forgiven for his red stained palms. (OOC: If you are confused this is just how he speaks.)

What history and information you know about the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery:

Shinsei Seinaru Monastery had been built on June 16th, 744. In the Nine century Buddhism and Shintoism combined themselves into a new religion called "Ryobu Shinto" But for Buddhism to be more familiar and well acquainted, Shinto was not an eye catching ideal towards those that studied it. It was hardly ever practiced or used since the start of Ryobu Shinto. In the eighteenth century Shintoism was resurrected because of it's ancient background through out history.

A thousand years later, in 2004 the Monastery was set ablaze by it's current head priest Kannushui Ginjiro. Ginjiro had believed that everyone is Karakura had fell into the culture of impurity and misdeeds, Giving up on the religion he made the Monastery unworthy of the god's visits or even allowing of their divine presence. All buildings of the Monastery were torn and turned to ash except one, The shrine originally constructed for the Yama-No-Kami which stands at the highest of all of the shrines to this day.

All of the god's had fled from the Monastery after it's flaming demise, But only one had returned due to his/her's irritation of loneliness. The god was rumored to hold such a bitter grudge and distaste of the Shrine being burnt down, They unleashed countless storms and hasty weather's.

Tell us about yourself:

This one was simply an orphan who unfortunately had no future ahead of his severed path from fate until he was adopted by a man who had been accustomed to Wicca religion, This one had spent 17 years of his life gaining a connection with nature's green and rocks. He had just started his journey on "School" after being motivated by his dear friend Ava Hanasaki to grow more closer to his own kind. Humans. He is 18 years of age and he is vegetarian as well. Though not vegan, he still see's value and beauty throughout the lives of organism's. He also takes a liking to poetry, and occasionally creates quick haiku's for specific situations! He is also socially awkward, But he is working on it!

Letter to the Monastery Lead

Salutations, Monastery Lead
He, Ein Kaedehara have fully decided after longful nights and days of processing the thoughts of one's decision. He has fully motivated himself to reaching out in words to you, Here his request of becoming alongside with the priests among the divine grounds of appreciation to those of divinity! He surely wishes to have a return of words back to him, Until the moon falls and the sun rises once again.

Sincerely, Ein Kaedehara.

Knowledge Section:

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?:

The tourist or worker must use the ladle in the holy water and use it to cleanse their hands, and give a prayer before returning the ladle and being allowed to enter.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?:

-Purification: Cleansing yourself for the main ceremony
-Adoration: Bowing to the altar
-Offering of food
-Prayer
-Music and dance.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and a Maiden?:

A Shinto priest is someone who is responsible for the maintenance of the Shrine as well as leading worship of a god.
A Shrine Maiden is someone is generally an assistant or a low level priest. They work the gift shops, they answer visitors questions and they participate in Shinto rituals.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

The first visit of a newborn which must occur to 30 to 100 days after their birth as a new adherent, The festival Sachi-Go-San will take place November 15 and is the occasion for children of three to seven years old to visit the shrine and give thanks for the Kami's protection and pray for a healthy growth.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, What can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

Shintoism is a religion based on nature and the admiration of our ancestors and gods. Everything in nature carries within themselves a Kami, Kami's are who were give ourselves to for protection, guidance and forgiveness. By giving their presence a louder and brighter appearance you are bestowed a blessing from their divinity.

Based on your character, which other Kami would they worship?:

The Tengu Kami, Protector of sacred forests and mountains. or Benzaiten the goddess of everything that flows, such as words, eloquence and music.

Last edited:

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED

Thank you so much for applying but we have decided to deny your application for this time. Feel free to
reapply again at any time!​

Users who are viewing this thread