PREVIOUS BANS:
1 ban by glitch

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
Yes, i do

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:

I’ll be applying for the role of a Shrine Maiden, more commonly known as a Miko

DISCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I'm
24 hours every days, sometimes I'm just 12 because of family stuffs, but I'm mostly 24!

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGON?
Regarding Shintoism itself, I know the basics of the religion. Although not too knowledgeable, I do know that it is a religion native to Japan that practices rituals on a daily basis. Shintoism is heavily dependent on traditions and I am more than prepared to learn about this religion, whether it be from training or interactions with fellow Shrine staff!

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I think for my experience with the shrine and also my qualities fit this role, including my activity I can say this role is very suitable for me and I think I can show that I am more knowledgeable and suitable for the current role I’m applying for.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Kim T. Rantaro

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I applied for this monastery because I want to work in something that is in my beliefs and religion and since it’s closer to school, I do want to keep my bond or make a stronger one

TELL ME WHAT HISTOY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONSATERY:
From what i know the monastery is a multiple religionist area where you can practice the region your dedicated in, from my knowledge it use to be Buddhism religion like monastery but changed after an incident that had occurred within the area.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
Kim Rantaro, son of Vanlhan Jyo and Rain Yung, was an only child. Growing up, Kim was like any other child his age. At that age, he has known no greater struggle than having a bedtime, or more generally, strict parents. For Kim, having strict parents was both a blessing and a curse. For Kim, he found that his parents, in a sense, kept him from actually developing his own personality, often feeling trapped in what his parents imagined for him, rather than what he himself wanted to do. Even so, Kim has yet to face the challenges the world has in store for him.
Over time, Kim was already entering adulthood. He no longer needed his parents' support to survive. Although he looked like the life she taught him, it gave him new behavior. He no longer indulged in the fun things he once enjoyed. Now, instead of serving as a ray of joy, he has learned to blend in with the crowd, once again losing his sense of individuality. Instead of being carefree, he was now known to be cold, unforgiving and even boring. At some point, he started to regain his thoughts and his freedom. He started living the life he always wanted to live. Kim began studying Shinto and focused on becoming a Prince of the Sanctuary someday.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Shrine lead,
I am writing to you regarding my current application to officially work at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. I have plenty of experience as a Shrine Maiden, and can confidently say that I am more than prepared to work at the Monastery. The main reason why I chose this specific location is because this Shrine practices more than one religion and by working here I’d be able to further pursue knowledge in different religions rather than just Shintoism.

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the shrine?

Certain steps vary depending on which shrine you are visiting but the most customary steps are to bow before each Torii that follows the pathway up towards the Monastery. After this, you are faced with a “Temizuya” which is a fountain in the front of the Monastery and wooden ladles for visitors to purify before they enter the Shrine Grounds. To start, you would grab the ladle with your right hand, scooping water as you pour it onto your left. Again, you would repeat this, but with your hands switched as you finally bring the tip of the ladle towards your mouth, rinsing it with the water before spitting the remainder onto the rocks below. Do note that you should tilt the ladle upwards to let the water flow down to clean it after you’ve used it.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
Offering to the Kami can be complicated at times. However, if you know the steps, it becomes much easier. The simple and traditional way to offer something to the Kami is to walk up to the offering box, placing whatever offering you would give to the Kami. (Example; 100 yen) After that, you would ring the bell in front of the Honden, before bowing twice. After this, you would clap twice and say your prayers. Once you are done, you bow once more to finish the ritual.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
Although both Shinto Priests and Shrine Maidens work and live together on shrine grounds, their jobs are much different in comparison to each other. For example, Shinto Priests are expected to socialize with other citizens and often travel outside of the Monastery much more compared to Shrine Maidens. Shrine Maidens are expected to usually stay in the Monastery, helping with rituals that are hosted by fellow Shinkans and can even host tea ceremonies.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
I would proceed to explain to them about Hatsumiyamairi, a traditional ritual that varies depending on their child’s gender. If their child is a girl, the ritual will be held exactly 33 days after they are born. If their child is a boy, the time-span would be reduced to 32 days. This ritual bestows the Kami’s protection for the rest of the child’s life.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
To begin, I would talk about the lore behind the Monastery itself, which can be further explained in this article. Next, I would start to talk about the origins of Shintoism itself, and how it came to be one of the most practiced religions in Japan. Daily life in Japan follows many traditions that can be traced back from Shintoism, which could be included in any examples that would be brought up.

What is the name of the Kami that resides at the Monastery?
Currently, the Yama-no-Kami resides in the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED

Copying from others application falls under plagiarism.
Keep in mind, applications need to be by yourself and not copied from others;.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.​

Users who are viewing this thread