Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:

HolyTissue

DISCORD TAG:
Jexxx#0069

PREVIOUS BANS:

No previous bans to date

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:

I do indeed have a working microphone! I’m in calls with friends mostly every day.

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:

Shrine Maiden

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I’d like to say that I come online almost everyday for a few hours each time and hope to maintain this activity as steady as possible as I have multiple activity based roles that depend on me coming online to carry out my roles responsibilities so that I am not liable for demotion and so on. I enjoy my roles that I currently have but hope to become more immersed with the community with this new opportunity as it will allow me a different type of experience and priority to maintain with constant interest.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?

What I currently know about Shintoism is very minimum but I am willing to study, research and learn more to widen my knowledge but as of current, I am aware that there are multiple Kami’s and the two main general Shrine roles who maintains the peace within the safe havens, tending to the Kami and shrines are Priests and Maidens but there are multiple ranks that divide the different Priests and Maidens varying in responsibilities. Shintoism aims to promote harmony and purity in all aspects of life within the Japanese lifestyle and is more on maintaining a pure and peaceful state of mind and being rather than actively worshiping a being above.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I am willing and have already been putting in the effort to broaden my knowledge more on Shintoism and all that revolves around it, increasing my knowledge as I go, for the sake of knowing the religion and as well to show what I’ve learned written into this application. I will continue with constant determination and motivation to continue learning and use any spare time I have to make use of my growing knowledge and spread it to others who are interested in learning or are curious about our responsibilities or want to know more about the religion, carrying out my duties as much as I can, whenever I can.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Sakura Kokuanten

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I grew up being taught how to maintain the Monastery in a cleanly manner and studied all I could about rituals, procedures, the history of the past and current in order to follow the steps my family had laid out for me as it was as well what I found myself hoping to do until old age before I acted against my own goals and my family’s but now I am hoping to come back once more, anew and refreshed with all the past knowledge I had forgotten to finally realize my own dreams and goals of wanting to bring clairvoyance in those lost, take care of the property to show our genuine feelings towards easing the everlasting past anger of the Kami and motivate the rest of my years towards the Monastery with those who share the same interests and aspirations.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

Based on my own knowledge and from what I have been taught from my religious family, the original Monastery was built in 762 but started off as a place for the Buddhist faith. During the beginnings, the Monastery was seen as a spiritual home or place for the many gods to visit and wasn’t really visited by human civilizations, though the land and grounds of the Monastery belonged to one God, Yama-No-Kami. Ryobu Shinto was later established between both Buddhism and Shintoism though Buddhism still led by a greater field, Shintoism did not gain as many feats compared to Buddhism till near the beginning of the 18th century and was revived in a sense but still the Monastery itself did not rise and instead was set aflame except for Yama-No-Kami’s original shrine location. The fire and loss caused many of the gods to flee and is said to have angered the single god left from the loneliness faced and so they bestowed natural disasters upon Karakura.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:

Sakura Kokuanten, born to a priest working within the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery on a day where the Sakura buds had slowly begun budding into their lush pink blooms in early April. Never the best sister or daughter and later realized that after a long time of dwelling on past memories and acting out, family is what's more dear than the attention that wasn’t spared the best to fellow kin. As a child was a hardworking, aspiring future Miko who did and put in all her effort to make her parents proud before gaining a younger sister. The rebellious phase came and Sakura ran away from home without contact for years but no matter the hatred that grew in her, it settled down and she began questioning her morals and everything she's done; soon traveling back home where to her surprise, her family welcomed her back with tears of joy. Sakura decided she wanted to move back, closer to her family but before she could, she had to make preparations before becoming a Miko once more as it was always her final destination but she let her emotions take control, so to atone to her own guilt, she studied all the knowledge she had forgotten in the years she was away back and helped out in the Monastery anytime she could whether it be sweeping any leaves away, guiding new visitors or sharing the Monasteries history, leading up to now, the present.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dear Monastery Lead,

The sakura blooms upon the winter gleam; a tale of our past with one another. I’ve strayed from my family's ways and I am here to redeem the past I had left behind due to my own lack of sense and ignorance. Time passes and I’ve grown to believe in the religious teachings from my family and hope to delve in more through this opportunity. I wish to pass on my knowledge to those less informed and help to keep the Monastery a peaceful sanctuary to those who visit and seek a safe haven and purity within. I’ve now come to terms with myself and my state of mind, believing that with this, I will truly and finally find where I belong.

- Wishing you longevity, Sakura Kokuanten

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

Walking up to the monastery shrine entrance, there would be a basin of water and there would be a ladle or two on the edge of the basin which before entering, you should always bow at the entrance and then proceed to take a ladle of water, cleaning both your hands and even inside your mouth which you’d then spit out away from the basin.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?

When performing a ritual to a Kami, first you should bow respectfully to the altar and then present any offerings per say money. Before we begin praying, we’d ring the bell up and above us then bow twice, proceeding to clap twice again before thinking our wish towards the Kami. To finish off the ritual, we’d simply bow once more and then make our way down the stairs.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?

Starting off with the Shinto Priest, their duties are usually to aid the guests and answer any sort of questions they have about the religion, though protecting the shrine is their most attended duty, and lastly are tasked with attending or leading rituals.

Next, the Shinto Maidens duties consist of usually assisting the Priests in rituals, preparing and making offerings to the Kami, doing garden work, or lastly cleaning and attending to the shrine.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

As I am still in the process of learning about Shinto, from what I’ve researched, once the baby is born you will have to wait 32 to 33 days depending on the babys’ gender. Once the correct amount of time has passed, the baby is then bestowed blessings from a Priest or Miko where this rite would initially grant Kami’s protection into the infant's life.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

As I am still learning, I will explain from what I know of how the religion works, what all we can and are forbidden to do, explaining why the Kami’s are so important to us and how important it is to show our love and thanks to the Kami’s by doing these worshiping/gifting rituals in hopes that the Kami’s will give back greatly. I’d as well explain the history of the Kami’s and how they got their names, what they do best, and why they are very important to our planet and well being. Lastly, I’d explain to them what we, Miko’s and Priests do regarding our duties and how we keep the Monastery a sacred place, cleanly, cleansed and safe for all people and animals to live and praise/worship upon.

Thank you for reading!​

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead
- - - -
The next time you are online on your Shrine account, send in a /help for your MAIDEN role : (Include your age in the ticket)
If no one is able to change your role at the current time ; Fill out a role request HERE and wait for a staff member to review your request

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread