Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

kiism

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
kii#4406

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
AST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have been banned in the middle of 2018. This ban was imposed because I lost internet connectivity and was unable to reconnect to the server. The evidence was given and the issue was dealt with quickly after. I never received a ban after that, and I aim to keep it that way.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
I do have a working microphone!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm a really active person. If I had to rate my server activity, I'd give it a solid 10/10 because I log on every day and play for countless hours.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Because I've already served in the faction, I'm well-versed in the religion. Even though I wasn't a member of the faction, I didn't lose my admiration for the religion. I enjoy watching anime and K-dramas based on Shintoism and continue to find the religion fascinating. Though, when I was in the faction, I focused more on the Priests' roles, and I am eager to learn everything I can about the Maidens. Knowing what I know about Shintoism, I'll always appreciate the fact that there are so many different Kami, each of whom can be good or bad. It has always been the soul purpose that has piqued my interest in religion. Shintoism, unlike any other religion, does not impose any laws or commandments on its followers, nor does it dictate how they should act or carry themselves, which is another thing that I love about the religion. No one would be judged. There's a lot of history behind the religion's beauty, and I'd be happy to sit down and learn more.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
As I previously stated, I had already been in the faction, which provides me an advantage because I am familiar with how things operate around the shrine. When it comes to roleplaying, I relish taking on these large duties and will put my best foot forward when it's time to be serious. I believe I have roleplaying experience that would be useful in this position. When it comes to things I'm passionate about, I'm always committed. I put my foot down and do what needs to be done while having a good time. I've been a member of SRP for four years and consider myself to be well-versed in the community. As time goes on, I'm getting more opportunities and having fun as I play. I'm not going to forget about Shintoism because I appreciate reading about it! And I'm going to act on these feelings!

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, I do acknowledge that!

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION ONE.png
CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Ono Ichibangase

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-958-8525

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
As our family practiced Shintoism, I was raised in a home where I was taught about the religion from a young age. Our mothers, grandmothers, and aunts taught us how to pray and make offerings when we were young. I used to enjoy visiting to the Shrine with my family because everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and it always made me smile. Though, like any other rebellious teenager, as I grew older, I strayed away from one of my interests, one that I wouldn't have imagined myself drifting away from as the same little girl who adored going to my weekly shrine visit. Following my phase, I discovered that I still had the same enthusiasm, fondness, and curiosity that I had before my attention shifted away from what I truly enjoyed. I'd like to remember what I enjoyed doing most as a child. I'd like to find myself because I've been lost for a long time. I'd like to keep lost youngsters on the correct track, hoping that I could assist them as I wished someone had done for me. Helping others has always been a strong suit of mine, and I'd like to increase the number of people I can assist.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
According to what I've read, construction began in the eighth century, specifically on June 6th, 744 and ended in the winter months of 762. The monastery was originally created for Buddhists planned during the Nara period, but by the 9th century, both Buddhism and Shintoism had been united into one religion, with Buddhism ruling Shintoism at the time. The monastery's primary religion had become Shintoism by the 18th century. As civilization evolved, the inhabitants of Karakura began to lose interest in religion and turned away from it. One of the priests was enraged by this sorrowful conduct; he detested the concept that people had forgotten about the religion and the shrine. As a result of his rage, he set fire to the monastery. The numerous gods who dwelt there were forced to escape because this was no longer a safe place for them to visit. Except for one god, the Yama-no-Kami, who stayed behind. This was due to the fact that all of the monastery's structures had been destroyed, except for the Yama-no-Kami shrine. The god was enraged by their loneliness and the fact that the shrine had been abandoned, according to legend. They wreaked havoc on the town and delivered weeks of unseasonably weather.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Lead,

I hope this letter reaches you securely as the sun shines down on you and the pink blossoms grow softly. I'm certain of what I want to accomplish with my future, as i've thought about it. I'd like to work as a maiden at the monastery because it's how I want to spend my days. Assisting others in connecting and remaining on the road I had strayed from. Back on track, I write to you. I'd be honored to assist in the shaping of the future souls of Karakura's children. I wish I could contribute back to this amazing community because I believe I can make a difference in someone's life. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter; I hope you will give me strong thought.

Let your dreams bloom
like cherry blossoms,

With care, Ono Ichibangase

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Ono Ichibangase was born in Nagoya, Japan, in the year 1998. Ono was reared in a household where there were more females than males, with females dominating. Her grandmother, who lived with the girl, had seven children, all of them were girls, and her children had many more girls than boys. Because the entire family resided in the same neighborhood, there was never a time when one stepped outdoors without being met by a member of the family. For years, Ono's family has been Shinto believers, implying that she was initiated into the religion at a young age. The girl liked the time they spent together, especially the outings to the shrine. She grew to love the religion since it brought her so much joy. Isn't it true that not everyone stays young forever? She grew older, and she was usually hanging out with the wrong crew. As a result, she rebelled and forgot what she learned about religion. She was drifting away from what she had once cherished. Screaming at her own mother, who used to chastise her for hanging out with people she shouldn't have been hanging out with and doing things to satisfy her new group of friends. She felt compelled to flee her family, who drove her insane, and her group of 'friends,' who were just interested in exploiting her. It all led to her leaving her family and going to Karakura, a little town. She lived her life like a normal citizen as time passed; she didn't go back to school, but it didn't concern her because she knew what she was capable of in terms of intelligence. She never sat down to reflect on the past; she simply lived. Though the concept of Shintiosm would continually come to mind, the young adult decided to pay a visit to the Karakura Shrine. She fell in love with the beauty of the site, the recollections of herself visiting the shrine in her hometown, as if she were back home. A flurry of recollections and confused feelings rushed through her body. She had made up her mind about what she wanted to do with the rest of her life: she wanted to be a maiden. The shame she felt for leaving eventually dissipated as she realized this was what the gods had planned for her.
SECTION TWO.png
What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shinto priests, unlike most religions, are not expected to lecture or preach. they are tasked with the responsibility of maintaining the shrine's foundations, safeguarding it and keeping everything in order. Assuring that all areas are clean and safe for the kami to walk on. They also appear to be in charge of the shrine's rites. They ensure that the worshiper's link with the kami remains strong and unbroken. Their main responsibilities within the shrine are ceremonies; they would assist with the purification ritual or weddings.
The Mikos have been known to perform a specific dance known as kagura. Miko, on the other hand, are frequently tasked with selling good luck charms outside the shrine's office windows or in gift shops. They also regularly answer questions from visitors. They attend weddings, funerals, festivals, Miyamari, and other religious ceremonies, much like the priest. They, too, pay to the care of the shrine. When needed, both the priest and the Miko are always willing to provide a helpful hand.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
As visitors approach a shrine, they are greeted with a gate. These gates are also known as torii. Individuals are encouraged to come with a good and courteous attitude. Individuals would bow and enter off-center while approaching each Torii, as the center of the gate is reserved for the Kami. In most shrines, a cleansing fountain is located near the entrance. Individuals are handed ladles to wash both their hands and lips, as is usual. Instead of just putting the water into their mouths, they would pour it onto their hands and then into their mouths to cleanse. It is recommended that individuals do not skip these measures since they display respect not just for the Kami but also for themselves.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
There are several ways and things that can be presented to a Kami, including money (Ohatsuho), fruit/vegetable (Osonae), rice (Kenmai), and even sake (Omiki), each of these offers having another name based on the item. When preparing an offering, one can be seen utilizing noshi paper to rest their offering on top, with the sort of item being offered written on the top of the paper. When cash is offered, it will be deposited in an envelope.
Following the presentation of the offering, the person would bow twice and clap twice to alert the Kami of their presence. Following the two claps, a prayer would be uttered. Everything will be topped off with another bow once they are finished. Offerings are typically made by individuals in order to receive something or to thank the Kami for anything wonderful that has occurred. The relationship between the Kami and the person is strengthened after the offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea bowl is put in front of the individual on the tatami mat, with the front-facing them. With their right hand, it will be picked up and placed it in their left palm. Then turned 90 degrees clockwise with their right hand so that the front is no longer facing them. The individual would then take a few sips of the tea before it is returned to the tatami. They would then bow in thanks after receiving and completing their tea.
Lifting the tea bowl at the finish of the ritual will allow individuals to inspect and enjoy it. When completed, the bowl is rotated so that the front is now facing the host. If guests do not want another round of tea, the tea ceremony ends when the host washes the tea utensils and returns the equipment back where it was before it began.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A Tamagushi is an ancient Shinto offering constructed from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with washi paper, silk, or cotton shide strips. Japanese cedar, fir, and oak branches are occasionally substituted. Tamagushi can be larger and more complex, with red and white fabric and asa wrapped in a ribbon on top as well as two shide. Parishioners, shrine maidens, or kannushi priests present tamagushi to the kami at Japanese weddings, funerals, Miyamairi, and other Shinto events. Tamagushi is sometimes brought home as a reminder of that person's visit to a shrine.

A talisman composed of diverse materials such as paper, wood, fabric, or metal is known as an Ofuda. The Ofuda are charms, wards, or texts that are claimed to bring good luck and are often sold in Shinto shrines or temples. Ofuda is also known as shinpu and has a significant relationship to Shinto shrines since the writing on it invokes the same spirit or god that the shrines adore. Certain types of ofuda are used for certain purposes, such as house protection or finding love. And it can be kept on one's person or placed about the house.

The Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells used in the kagura dance. Miko frequently uses a Kagura Suzu in rites or celebrations in Shinto temples. When you look closely at the Kagura Suzu, you can notice that it has the shape of a tree or a branch. The bells indicate a branch's leaves or buds.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Another Kami Ono worships is Suijin, the kami of water.

Last edited:

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ PENDING ]
──────────────────────────────────
You have been put on pending due to the following reason(s):

Our MAIDEN slots are currently filled but once a slot is available, we will officially review your application so be sure to maintain activity and your behavior during then.

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#2789
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread