Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
QoroDyn
DISCORD NAME & TAG: mango dealer ඞ#3888
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?: GMT +2:00 / SAST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS: Minor Offense - Cheating/Hacking
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?: Yes, I do

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
My current activity on the server is that I attend classes and try my best to achieve good grades and keep my reputation up amongst people. I try to make friends as I also make sure they are safe and having a good time! I might be too busy but I can work that out for any future plans. I don't like fighting or encouraging it so whenever I see a fight I always step in and cease it. I used to GangRP back in 2019 but now since I got my only main character jailed, I have made a new character which I decided to give a try to become one of the Shrine Maiden as they have a decent amount about Karakura and its religion. Some of my friends encouraged me to become a Shrine Maiden so I thought of trying.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I do know some basic information about it, some of it being that Shinto is polytheistic and revolves around Kami. Kami is also known as the deities, divinities, and spirits that are venerated in the religion of Shinto. They can be elements of the landscape, forces of nature, or beings and the qualities that these beings express

I am prepared and willingly ready to learn more about the Shinto religion and study it more as it looks interesting. I would like to also know more about it and its history. I'm very curious about what happened in the past or how the Shinto religion was formed and how it was made and spread.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I simply do not stand out as I am just another individual that is applying to earn such a role. I do have a few differences from other people though that might not really matter. it is that I do like listening to old history, learning about it, and know more. I am the kind of person that would like to read often. I have been playing on SRP for almost four years now, I haven't really been applying for any roles town-like since I had no interest. I used to be GangRPing back when it was popular in 2019. Now I'm here living my life peacefully since I quit. I never realized what was around me until I opened my eyes out of GangRP. There are so many opportunities that I could take. So many RP situations that could be enjoyed and so many memories that could be made out of GangRP. I don't admit to standing out as I let the others judge. I willingly listen and learn carefully to whatever I'm told as I follow what I was told and not what I was told by other people that aren't my Higher-ups

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, I do acknowledge and understand that I have to attend the training in any case. I understand the consequences if I don't do so.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Ganyu Zhenjun
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Miss
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80): 22
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY: Asian / Japanese
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER: (030)-372-7251

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I would like to know more about the Monastry as there are so many hidden facts and stuff like ghosts! I haven't been really believed in ghosts until I was attacked by one when I was camping with my friends at an abandoned house in the woods. I was so scared that I held out the Omamori in my hand. The ghost seemed to not attack me as it just acted weirdly and disappeared somehow... Ever since that and I wondered about the Omamori's power. It was given to me by one of the Maidens when they were paying a visit to the town sometimes! She was very kind to people and I used to bow to her every time I see her and greet her! I would like to know more about the ghosts and their surroundings and what they see us as! I know it's kind of dangerous but it is worth the journey!

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I don't know anything about it but only what happened to it. Yet I don't know who built it or who destroyed it but, all I know about it is that it was burnt by some people who were considered psychopaths and... evil spirits?.. Not really sure but that's what I heard. I'm sorry that I don't know much since I came to town the last two weeks.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear shrine owner!
My name is Ganyu, You sound like a great person as you might be the one who rebuilt the Monastery. I know we haven't met or anything but I'm here to apply for a job at your Monastery since I'm so interested in how the Shinto works! I've heard about the Kami thing and it was so amazing to hear! I would like to learn more about it and at least make some friends since I don't really have a lot due to my unexpected travel. I came here from Hiroshima because I was having a rough life but I found a ticket to Karakura on a bench in a park.. I came here but that's not why I'm applying, I'm applying because I encountered a ghost before and when I raised my Omamori they ran away as they seemed like they feared the Omamori... I would like to learn more about it and what is the truth beneath the Omamori and its connections between spirits!

-Love, G.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Ganyu was living in Korea when she was 16 as she was living a rough and tough life all alone with her one brother. She used to work all day and night just to get enough rent and food for the night as she kept working daily. Her brother was also working but he was working outside the city so he wasn't really able to come back in time some nights. So she was living all alone in her apartment as she kept working and studying for the mid-term exams. Though that did not stop her from helping people as she made some friends that helped her throughout her life. She was having a good time with them until the mid-term exams arrived. She studied all night until the time of the exams has come, She prepared herself as she walked over to her friends and they all gathered together and walked to the school as they wait for the exam.

They began the exam as she was already answering most of the questions within the first hour. The exam was about Biology and Health Care. She used to study how people react when wounded as she studied their illness and sickness. She always dreamed of being a caring person who looks after people as she makes friends with them. She finished the paper within 1 hour and 30 minutes, The exam finishes in 3 hours so she waited until the time has passed till the paper is getting gathered. She happily gave in her paper as she got up and walked out of the room looking for her friends. She arrived as she saw one of her friends crying on the floor saying that she failed and she will not pass the final exams. Ganyu carefully and gently placed her hand on her forehead patting her as she sat beside her, comforting her with hugs as she finally calmed down and collected her thoughts before sniffling for a bit.

As she was comforted, She looked into Ganyu, before hugging her, thanking her for helping her calm down. Ganyu smiled as she was glad of helping her friends. She believes in herself that she will be the person she always wanted to be, which is helping people and making them wake up to their minds and motives. She got up and lifted her friend up with her. As the mid-term exams finished, She was having a stroll in a park until she noticed an envelope on a bench laying there. She approached it slowly and opened it. Her face expression was beyond shock, she found a ticket to a new life in Karakura. She asked her friends about it and they said she should take it since her life was very tight and she wouldn't be able to do anything. So she took the ticket and traveled to Karakura in hopes of having a better life to continue for the future of her dreams.​

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

A Shrine Maiden is a young priestess who works at a Shinto shrine. Maidens were once likely seen as shamans, but are understood in modern Japanese culture to be an institutionalized role in daily life, trained to perform tasks, ranging from sacred cleansing to performing the sacred Kagura dance.

A Shrine Priest performs Shinto rituals and purification processes and they manage the request of worshippers as well as host ceremonies and such.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
After walking a while uphill, you will find a trough to wash your hands to purify yourself. It's the water ablution, believed to wash away your impurities. You can take the wooden ladle with your right hand and pour water over your left hand

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
You should present your offering as soon as you meet the shrine staff or priest, They will place your offering on the offering table and let Kami-Sama know that you made the offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea bowl is placed onto the tatami mat in front of you, with its front facing you. Pick it up with your right hand and place it on your left palm. With your right hand, turn it clockwise by around 90 degrees so that its front is not facing you anymore. Drink the tea in a few sips and place it back onto the tatami

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
I don't really know much about these but... I believe Tamagushi is a form of Shinto offering made from a Sakaki-tree branch I believe...
I think the Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells used in what they call a Kagura Dance.
The Ofuda is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth, or metal. Ofuda is commonly found in Shinto shrines!

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Shrine, after discussion your application has been ACCEPTED

Reach out to me on discord @ oZinth#0001 To get everything setup!

Users who are viewing this thread