mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Shrine Maiden application!

OhJessica

Level 0
IGN:
SpookyJesss. However, I will be applying for this rank on my alt account, which is OhJessica.

DISCORD TAG:
Jesss#3065

Do you have a microphone and would you be able to join discord calls when needed?:
Yes, I have a functional microphone which can ensure others the ability to hear me. I'm also rather active, so I can join calls whenever I'm needed.

Do you plan to be present for our events and everyday activities?:
Yes, I plan to do my best to present anytime possible, but it'd also depend on the circumstances as well.

Are you prepared to learn about Shintoism?:
I am truly looking forward to learning the mysteries behind Shintoism! What do you know of Shintoism?: My knowledge regarding this is little, however, I know that Shintoism is a religion originating from Japan and is known to worship nature itself. I apologise once again for not knowing a lot, but I do want to learn more and more about it!

What are you applying for?:
I'm applying for the Shrine Maiden position.

Why are you applying for this role?:
I am a very passionate learner and I always strive to learn new things about the world! I am also dedicated to learning more about Shintoism and it's ways of life. I have not had much experience with this type of roleplay, but I can't wait to learn more!

Do you understand that you may be removed if you break our rule or server rules?:
Yes, I'm well aware what will happen if I misbehave and don't follow the rules, which is why I won't let you down and give myself and the rest of you a good reputation.

What are your expectations from the shrine?:
A calm and prestigious environment among all of us Shrine Maidens and priests, as well as serious yet organized roleplay.

IC Information

What is your character’s name?:

Jennie Fawcett.

What is your age?:

24 years of age.

Why are you applying to work at this monastery?:

Growing up I didn't learn much about religion, so when I had access to do so, I at last found myself quite invested in it. It was refreshing to be able to study the different kinds of religions around the world but I felt as if I was connected to Shintoism, after studying its core beliefs and the ways of life I felt as if it would help me grow as a person.

Do you plan to be devoted?:

I look forward to it, and I plan to do the same to others who wish to learn about Shintoism and perhaps get devoted themselves.

What is your background? (Backstory.):

I was originally born in Busan Korea. When I reached my 17th year of age, I decided to move to Japan and leave Korea for good. I was adopted at a young age into a wealthy and prestigious family. They were very strict when it came to our behavior. Having manners and respect was my parents main objective as it would get me far in life, when I first started school I had heard about Shintoism and was intrigued to learn more. I kept reading about Shintoism even while in College, since I found it rather unique than most religions around the globe. The day finally came. I told my parents I wanted to be a Shrine Maiden and follow Shintoism's ways of life and rules. They didn't really approve and discouraged me from becoming one. That didn't stop me however. I kept on learning more and more about it, as much as I could. But College itself slowed me down and I really couldn't keep up with it.. I turned 22 last winter and I just finished College. It gave me more than enough time to sit down and get back to what I did, that being learning about Shintoism, and that's what I did. Few days later, once I moved to Karakura, I wandered around the small city, observing each sight. Until I finally saw it before my eyes. Something about Shintoism, none other than the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. I went up and saw everything around it and I was never this much amazed about it. I felt like I belonged there. So after that small visit, I headed back home and kept on learning more about it, in hopes that I would become one of them.

Write a letter to the shrine lead:

Dear Shrine Lead, I am writing to you today regarding my approval to serve the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, I have studied the various types of religions and I am proud and willing to devote myself to Shintoism, I am positive I'm a good fit for the position to be a Itako, I wish to pass on my knowledge to the next generation and teach those who strive to learn the significance of Shintoism, I appreciate you for taking the time to read my application.

Sincerely, Jennie Fawcett

How do you cleanse before entering the shrine?:

A number of steps must be followed before entering the shrine, in order for us to cleanse. Those would be.

- Take the wooden dipper in your right hand and scoop up some water. It has to be your right hand as well, since the order is very important.

- Wash your left hand. Poor the water slowly over your left hand. Make sure it doesn't splash too much.

- Change the dipper to your left hand, and wash your right hand. Make sure to not touch your purified left hand with your right hand as it is not purified yet. Now scoop up some water and slowly pour it over your right hand.

- Change the dipper into your right hand again, and rinse your mouth with your left hand. Fill up the dipper again if necessary. Be careful not to touch the dipper with your lips. First pour the water into your left hand, and then rinse your mouth. Then spit it out on the rocks below, but not on the basin.

- Fill up the dipper again if necessary. Be careful not to touch the dipper with your lips. First pour the water into your left hand, and then rinse your mouth.

- Wash the handle of the dipper. It is important that you leave a clean dipper for the next person.

- Put the dipper back on the basin, scoop side down. Be careful not to drop it on the ground while you do it.

How do you pray to a Kami?:

First, greet the kami-sama by bowing deeply two times. Bend slowly and deliberately from the waist at a 90-degree angle, keeping your back straight. Next, clap two times to express your appreciation to the kami-sama. Your hands should be raised about chest high and should open to about shoulder-width apart as you clap.

How do you enter shrine grounds?:

Just before the torii gate to the shrine grounds, bow respectfully once. This is the way of greeting the guardian deities of the shrine and asking permission to enter. When proceeding towards the main shrine after the torii, be sure not to walk in the middle of the path, which is reserved for the guardian deities.

How would you proceed with a ritual to offer the kami offerings?: I would place my offering into an envelope, after I would seal the envelope and write my name and “My offerings for the Kami” I would pray and finalise the departure.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?: First I would let them know the rules Shintoism has to follow, after that I would help them by telling them the procedures of entering the shrine, making offerings, and cleansing.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?: I would inform them that the baby has to be 31 days for a boy, and 33 days for a girl, when the time comes and they return we would start the ritual, after the ritual has completed the baby would be granted protection by the kami for the rest of their life.

You notice a ritual has not been done. What do you do?:

I'd firstly inform the other shrine maidens and even the higher-ups about it. I'd then ask them for permission to do it myself, if they trust me with such a task. If not, I'd just let them know about it and await for someone else to do that ritual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread