Iluvmvsic
DISCORD NAME & TAG:

sinpoxtz
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

EST
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

yes, I do.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

Recently its not that great since I don't have a reason to be online.
WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Shrine Maiden
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I personally have little to no knowledge about Shintoism but I want to learn more about the religion and the history it holds.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

This question is quite hard to answer personally but I believe what makes my stand out is myself wanting to learn more about the history about Shintoism and everything about it. I know my activity isn't all that great but I would want to change that deeply. I want a reason to be online more and use that time online to learn more about the shrine that I been wanting to apply for a long time but never came around to do so.
DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

Yes, I do acknowledge that I have to attend trainings. I am willing to be taught more about Shintoism and the procedures.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Kaoru Vadkovskaya
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

Russian and Japanese
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

030-315-5148
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

My motivation for applying to work at the Monastery is to finally build my life to something greater and better then it could've ever be. I want to finally do somethin with my life and not just fool around in town being absolutely careless in what I do and say. I want to finally learn about something I for once don't find boring and I been interested in for a long time but never had the guts to do something so far out of my league. This job in working for the Monastery will personally help me change my foolish and careless ways.
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

Nothing but I am eager to learn about the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery more and all the information, history, and traditions it holds.
WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Monastery lead, I hope this letter finds you well. I'd like to introduce myself to you first. My name is Kaoru Vadkovskaya and I deeply appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read this. I'm writing to you in hopes to express my interested in working but also learning more about the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery more and its history that it holds. As someone who has been eager to work and learn more about the Monastery and what they do on a daily basis for the community and the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery intrigues me deeper then I could've ever imagine. I would be honored if you considered my application. I am looking forward in serving your community and upholding traditions.
BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

It was Friday, December 20th, 1996. Kaoru Vadkovskaya was born. It was a rather small town on a snowy day when she was born. Her mother and her father raised her together with not a lot of money. Kaoru's mother had a set of twins but she gave them to her mother to raise them since she and Kaoru's father didn't have the money to raise the three of them. Kaoru grew up in Russia until she was 15 when her mother decided to leave her husband and take full custody of Kaoru. They moved to Kakakura, Japan. Her mother's hometown. Where she was raised and grew up. She lived with her mother until she was 19 when her mother passed away from a chronic illness once Kaoru officially started college. Kaoru lived alone for years on end while she fooled around carelessly by herself and sometimes with friends. They never got in any big trouble though they were just messing around being dumb college kids. It was around the time Kaoru officially was an adult that didn't have to go to school. She spent her life going out of town and back to town multiple times but she knew her life was gonna be rather boring if she didn't do something about it so she thought of the one thing that might interest her, Being a Shrine Maiden at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. At 26 years old Kaoru applied for a Job at the Shrine she has always been intrigued to learn more about and dreamed of working for.
SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Their duties they have to do around the Shrine is to Clean the shrine property first off. Then they are required in shrine rituals and prayers.
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
You need to stop at the Temizu before entering the shrine. You will use one of the dippers that are set already for everyone. once you require your dipper you will fill it with the water provided. Once doing so you will need to pour some water over your left hand to rinse it, then you will do the same with the right when you switch the dipper over to your left. you swap the dipper back to your right hand so you can pour some water into your left hand that is in now required to be cupped so you can bring it to your mouth to rinse it. Finally then that is done you will rinse your left hand again but then you will have to tilt the dipper up so you are able to clean the handle with the remaining water that is left before putting it back in the position you found it with the rest of the sitting dippers, resting.
How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

You offer a Tamagushi. You have to hold the sakaki branch with your right hand, pinching the stem as well. while you rest the leaves resting in your left palm. Then you walk over to the offering area and bow while you also raise the Tamagushi to your forehead. Once doing so you will stand back up straight to turn the Tamagushi stems to where your heart is. The branch will turn to the left then back forwards so the leaves face you. Finally you place it down on the offering table. Before you leave you have to bow once more then clap twice and bowing again.
How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

A tea ceremony ritual takes place in a tea house, which it must be clean and free of any other distractions. The person who is preparing the tea uses a formal tea set. They will serve the tea to the guest while they go over certain rules and traditions the guest must follow. When the guest consumes the tea they will then use that opportunity to engage into a meditative practice they will have to focus on the present moment and the experience while they drink the tea that was given to them. After the ceremony is done the guest will have to express their gratitude to the person who preformed the ceremony to them. They will do the same thing back to the guest.
Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

A Tamagushi is a Sakaki tree branch that are often offered to Kami's.
Ofuda is a tailsmen. It can be made in different materials. It serve multiple positive purposes for example it can used as a protection against misfortune.
Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells and its used in Kagura dances, posed as an instrument to make music.

Note. I apologize for the backstory not being as great as I wanted it to be. It was rushed and thought on the spot.
+(Backstory was 260 words long.)+

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to its lack of detail. Feel free to reapply in the future! If you're curious about the lore of the monastery, poke around the forums or come ask us ICly.​

Users who are viewing this thread