Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:

SobaChef

DISCORD TAG:

rozu#0625

PREVIOUS BANS:

N/A

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:

Yes, I do have a working microphone for discord calls!

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:

Maiden

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

My activity on SRP is daily. I am on everyday, for a few hours at a time. If I get off, I usually get back on for hours at a time yet again. The only time I am inactive is when I am out of town due to work, sick or if it is impossible for me to not get on. Although when I am inactive, it’s for a few days to a week tops, usually never more.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?

I know Shintoism is a Japanese animistic religion that dates back to the early 8th century. Although I do not know much information on it in general, I believe it is the worship of ancestors and nature spirits and a sacred power called Kami. The sacred power known as Kami is seen to be a divine force of nature, and emperors could be or become Kami.

I am very prepared to learn about religion. I find things like this interesting and cool to learn about, so all of me would be into learning more about it. The more information the better!

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

What makes me stand out over other applicants is I really want to do this for more roleplay experience and to learn more information in general. I love to learn new things and try to do things all together! I feel like getting this position will make roleplay all around better, and add more opportunities for me. I am a very hard working individual, and a quick learner as well. So I stand out, because I will try harder than the rest and try my hardest to make sure to help in any way I can. This includes doing my responsibilities as fast and efficiently as possible or helping anyone who needs it.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Marianne Fuji

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

39 years old

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I have always found religion to be a large passion of my life, especially after my husband passed away a few years ago. That experience brought me closer to religion and helped me get through the tough times. So I want to make it an even bigger part of my life. There is a lot more I can also learn from religion which this job can give me some more information about a thing I love so much. This would also give me the chance to introduce my Daughter Mirajane into more about religion as well, hoping one day she can follow in my footsteps and work at the Monastery as well.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

To be honest I do not know much about it, since I am new into town and lived in France most of my life. But what I do know is the local shrine of Karakura, Japan. The shrine ended up in a fire that burnt the shrine down sadly, but it was rebuilt to what it somewhat was by a local family in town.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:

I was born in France long ago, in a family known as the Chapelle family. In this family I was expected to be a lady but also to uphold the family name with different successes. Due to this I was put through dancing classes, and even classes on how to act properly towards other people. Growing up as a Chapelle it was very difficult, although all the pressure I was able to do great in school. All straight A’s and every test passed! Due to my succession I was put in a student transfer program which sent me to one of Japan's best schools. The name of this school is the Tokyo Metropolitan Kokusai High School. I was 16 years old at the time. After this transfer I spend most of my time tending to studies, continuing my education into college at the age of 17. That is where I got my Bachelor degree in the art of financing. From this I started out as an accounting and financing inturn, then continued on to be a director of finance. This job is where I met my deceased husband Haru Fuji, and fell in love. By the time I turned 21 years old I had a baby girl whom I named Mirajane. Losing my husband many years later, due to his fight with cancer Mirajane and I moved to Karakura for a fresh start.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Dear Ms. Montoku,

Hello ma’am I would like to apply for this job as a shrine maiden. Even though I am new to town, I love religion with all my heart and would love to do this job. I am willing to learn anything no matter what and do my job as efficiently as I can. Hope you can give me the chance to prove it to you!

Sincerely, Marianne Fuji

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

1. You should always bow before the Torri gate.

2. You should never walk through the center of the path, because that is where the deities walk through.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?

The ritual to Kami is performed with washing their hands, swallowing and later spitting a small amount of water in front of the shrine to purify the body, heart, and mind. Soon as this is complete they turn their focus to gaining the kami's attention. The traditional method of doing this is to bow twice, clap twice and bow again, alerting the kami to their presence and desire to communicate with them. During the last bow, the said person offers words of gratitude and praise to the kami. If they are offering a prayer for aid they will also state their name and address in the process. After the prayer and/or worship they repeat the two bows, then two claps and a final bow in conclusion of it all.

During this process the said person can give food offerings to the Kami as well.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?

The priests and maidens have different jobs. For example the priest's job is to pray to the gods for things such as cleansing evil influence and sickness. They are also expected to perform numerous rituals at annual events and or festivals. The maidens are seen as young priestesses who work at the shrine. Their jobs range from performing the sacred Kagura dance to sacred cleansing. They’re also seen to conduct exorcisms and act as an oracle.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

Firstly I would explain to the parents what the rite of passage includes and how long it can take due to the gender of the child. For females it’s 33 days after birth, and for males it’s 32 days. From this I would explain the rules following the age and make sure they are 100% prepared for the rite of passage so the Kami can provide protection permanently on the child.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

I would first start off stating that Shintoism is seen as an animistic religion. Following this, I would ask the person to follow me. Showing them around I would take them to an actual shrine, displaying what is actually shown inside. While at the shrine I would gently explain to them that we worship and praise a sacred power called Kami. Also stating that Kami is a divine force of nature and the elements of landscapes.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?

Last edited:

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead
- - - -
The next time you are online on your Shrine account, send in a /help for your MAIDEN role : (Include your age in the ticket)
If no one is able to change your role at the current time ; Fill out a role request HERE and wait for a staff member to review your request

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread