IGN:

'Tsuryoku'
(alt for 'Bouryoku')

DISCORD TAG:
'Boryoku#0905'

PREVIOUS BANS:
None

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
I do, but it is very cheap and has become unreliable, hopefully getting a decent one in a few weeks.

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
'Shrine-Maiden.' / 'Miko'

DISCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
Overall, i'm on mostly every day for 5+ hours, apart from the odd week where i'll take a few days break, however, I'm always active atleast 5 days a week. (Based off main account activity, due to never really having a reason to play as my alt, however, if i get accepted, i would become just as active, if not, more on this account.)

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGON?
Currently, i know a little about the religion as a whole, mainly the basics such as origins and such. I'm very into japanese origins, religion and mythology and I'm always open to learning new information about the topic. I find it to be very interesting and something I'd love to learn more about, I am 100% up for learning more, both ICly and OOCly.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
For starters, I have a lot of experience on SRP as a whole. I'm used to a wide range of roleplay types within the server and i'm a very quick learner, so any i'm not famliar with I can easily learn. I've also always been really into japanese history, from all the different kami to religions throughout the country. Because of this, I feel like becoming a staff of the monastery would open up lots of really cool and unique roleplaying situations that I actually personally enjoy and connect with, and would put lots of effort into. I'm fascinated by japan's origins and religions, so this is really ideal for me, and is something i'd absolutely love to try out. I also find myself with a lot of spare time, which I could genuinely put to use with this posistion.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Kido Kawakami

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:
24 Years old.

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I grew up in a heavily Shinto family, living on the outskirts of Kyoto, in a city named Konan. There was a shrine a few miles away from our family home which I would visit almost daily. Due to this, I've been raised to be very strictly shinto. Growing up in an urban enviroment, I have witnessed first hand how much Shinto as a religion is dying out. Not a lot of modern day people appreciate the blessing, and all that the kami did for us as people. I believe that through my hard work at the monastary, I could restore even a little bit of what Shinto once was. I love meeting new people and finding out all sorts of new information. Seeing as I have only just moved to Karakura, there is still a lot for me to learn about the cities history with the religion, and by becoming a miko, I can easily learn a lot about that and what I love.

TELL ME WHAT HISTOY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONSATERY:
Originally planned by emperor genmei, the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery begun construction on the face of Mt.Daichi on June 6th, 744, but wasn't complete until the winter of 762. Towards the end of the 17th century, after the revival of original shinto, the Monastery would begin to lose touch with the citizens of karakura. over a thousand years later, the monastary would be set ablaze by one of it's final priests, leaving only the buildings we see today in it's wake, the original shrine for the Yama-No-Kami.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
She is a kind-hearted, softspoken 24 year old female with a slim, curvy body. She stood at a meager 5'6, and would have a slight bounce to her walk. She is always up to finding out more about what she loves, and enjoys meeting new faces. overall, she would have a calm, soothing aura which made her easily approachable and made speaking to her easy. She could at times be seen as naive, due to her terrible sense of danger and her overwhelming confidence, but at most times she'd appear calm and collected, and would atleast look like she knew what she was doing. Upon approaching her, you'd notice a scent of expensive, designer perfume. She'd usually dress in a white and red kimono, which would have charms hanging from the belt, and small bells laced on the arms, which could be heard as she moved. She'd always be wearing a happy expression, and would have ear piercings, purposely hidden by her long hair.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Shinei Seinaru Monastery Lead,

Hello, I hope this letter finds you well. I'm writing today to bring up the possibility of myself becoming a member of staff, more specifically a shrine maiden, at Karakuras Monastery. I have experience in being a maid, so cleaning isn't an issue, and I am more than aquainted with the basics of Shinto as a religion. Growing up in a shinto household, I was raised to understand what it means to be a miko, meaning I understand how to properly respect sacred grounds, cleanse myself, partake in rituals etc.
Thank you for your time, please consider me.

Signed, Kido Kawakami.

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the shrine?

Upon approaching the temizuya/Chozuya, you take the ladle in your right hand and sink it into the pavillion, picking up water in the process. Next, you'd pour it into your left hand in an attempt to cleanse yourself, following through with the same action, however this time, on your right hand. Once thoroughly completed on both hands, you next must clean your mouth. To do this, you start by taking up another scoop of water with the ladle, and carefully pour the liquid into your left hand, allowing the substance to run through, and into your mouth. Lastly, the ladle must be cleaned. This is done by simply filling the bowl end with water, and vertically tilting said ladel downwars, pushing the scoop into the air. This allows for the water to run down through the handle of the ladle, cleansing and cleaning anything that may have found it's way onto the ladles handle.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
After thoroughly cleansing yourself (see above), one ritual to a kami would be worship. Approach the shrine to the kami of your choice. Next, bow deeply twice, bending slowly and arching your back to a 90-degree angle. This seperates the regular world from the world of the kami, strengthening the spiritual connection between yourself and the kami. After completing both bows, clap twice. This should be done at chest level, and your hands should reach shoulder-width before completing your clap. This symbolises your appreciation to everything the kami has done. Other forms of rituals include, food offerings (Excluding meat), and various other means of prayers.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
A Shinto shrine Maiden (Miko) is an extremely vital and important part of the shinto shrines located throughout Japan. They are trained to perform many shrine related tasks, which include a sacred dance (kagura, which is often used to entertain shinto deities), divinations (gaining knowledge of the future/unknown through spiritual methods), sacred cleansing, studying of communications with the kami and many other spirits, and much more. The modern day Miko usually help around the shrine through acts such as cleaning and taking care of the sacred grounds, assisting their fellow priests and overall just help out in shrine rituals and prayers.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
I would glady welcome them, and explain the requirements for the rite of passage to take place. Upon recieving written consent, I would verify that the child was born atleast 32 (for male) and 33 (for female) days prior. Then, I would hold the ceremony, initiating the baby as a new adherent, and wishing them a full and prosperous life.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
I would take them some place quiet, and explain to them the laws of the Shinto religion, and how shinto works, including brief explenations of the kami, rituals, prayers and holy grounds. Then I'd show them around the monastary, thoroughly explaining each part in depth, and it's overall history, going into the deeper meanings of Shinto.

What is the name of the Kami that resides at the Monastery?
Yama-no-kami is the current kami occupying what's left of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.​

Last edited:

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED

Thank you so much for applying but we have decided to deny your application for this time. Feel free to
reapply again at any time!​

Users who are viewing this thread