MsFluffs #2767

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

CST Central Time

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:

None

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I get up a 7 am or later to get on and play up till 10 pm to sleep. I do work but the schedule is messed up for everyone currently, but when i don't work I usually get on.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

It is a religion for the importance of what they believe in such as; family, respect, nature, ect. There are shrines that do offer food, money and prayers.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I love this religion and wish to know more about it, I know very few things because my mom loved shrines that we used to go to. She would make me go when i was a kid when I didn't want to. Now i wanna get this chance to know more to feel somewhat close to her.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

Yes, I understand.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Jessica "Jess" Fukumoto

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

Japanese, Korean, French

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

(030)-568-9144

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

My family was always religious, my sister was in love with the religion until she died of a heart attack. I want to feel close to her and learn new things as well.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

No ones knows how old it is, Shinto ethics are to promote purity and harmony in all aspects of life. It is known as Japan's native belief system. The leader of Shinto is Chief Priest. Shinto was banned in 1945 by a decree of the allied occupation forces.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Monastery Lead.

My name is Jessica Fukumoto, I wish to be apart of the establishment. I grew up in a religious family that knows Shinto as we know it, I had always loved hearing my dear sister talk about it all the time and how she had wished to be in a place like this. I do love Shinto with all of my heart, I also want to feel close to her. My sister had died of a heart attack not so long ago, I just pray that my sister would be right there by my side once again and to help guide those in need of guidance like I am.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Jessica grew up with a highly religious home where they would offer everything they had, money, good and prayers every single day. Jessica and her sister were always made fun of in school for having a "weird" religion. There was nothing for them to do but pray and offer for the better and hope their wishes came true. A few years later, Jessica's sister had a heart attack at the age of 20 and died. Everyones heart was broken but Jessica's was shattered and lost. So she came upon this paper in the mail for the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery hiring for Maidens. She thought this was where she could find herself again, her sister and to help guide others.

have made
SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
T
he priests duties are to ensure the continuance of satisfactory relationship between the kami and the worshipper with offerings.
The Maidens duties are to perform Kagura (Sacred dances for entertaining and satisfying the Shinto deities.)

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

Fill the Ladle, Wash your hands, rinse your mouth and clean the ladle.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

The maidens will place your offerings on the offering table to let the Kami know you have made an offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

Place a tea bowl on a tatami matt in front of you, with the front facing you. Picking it up with your right hand, placing it on your left palm and turn it clockwise at exactly 90 degrees with your right hand.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Kagura Suzu is used in Kagura dance.
Ofuda is used for purification and exorcisms.
Tamagushi is a tool used during matsuri, formal homage durring official visits and other Shinto rituals.
Tamagushi is a form of offering made from a Sakai-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk or cotton.
Ofuda is a tailsman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal.
Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells used in Kagura dancce.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app. Next time you apply make sure to give your application more detail. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread