IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

LuxidDream2

Main account is LuxidDream

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
luxid#3946

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
EST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
Unfortunately, I do have a record, all bans I’ve received were previous to 2020, and were at the age of 12, first being FAILRP in 2016, second being glitching in 2017, and the final being in 2017 as well for glitching, Failrp, metagaming, and abuse of cosmetics. I have definitely improved on my behavior and have not had any sort of serious infractions since my appeal in 2020.
I would set the link here, unfortunately it was on a different forum account which I do not have access to anymore.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes, I do!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
This would be my second account, my main account is a college baseball account, which I actively play on average from 2-5 hours, if not more, daily. I typically get on in the earlier hours of the day or at least have been trying harder to, then getting off in the evening.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
As I’ve been filling this out, I’ve been learning more and more. Shinto is the indigenous faith of Japan, its name being translated to “the way of the kami.” The belief system and rituals promoting purity, sincerity, and gratitude, talk about how improper actions and harmful actions can pollute the body. In shinto there are many different kami, some shrines sharing the same kami, or entirely different ones.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?:

I’m extremely active in my community and have a deep love and passion for each and every one of my characters. This would be my first role outside of being a student if accepted and that makes me so excited, whenever I put my mind to being involved or driven with something I always try my hardest to achieve the goal.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes and I look forward to that aspect, I am always willing to learn and I’m so interested in this faction and how everyone works.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Sakamoto Mangetsu

CHARACTERS TITLE:
Mr.

CHARACTERS AGE:

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-050-8993

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My dearly departed mother was an avid visitor of our local shrine, it holds a special place in my heart and reminds me of the better parts of my adolescence, I wish to feel closer to her and closer to the community I have found myself to be in, this city does not seem to be as close knit as I assumed it to be and this seems to be a good outlet for the youth here, along with adults. I’d like to be a part of that.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
Throughout Karakura’s history, there have been three monasteries constructed. Starting off with the first being Akatera Monastery, which was burnt to the ground in 1176. In 1228 the Kisune Monastery was built, this being the second Monastery, tucked away in the mountains where the current Monastery resides. Though, like the first, the Kisune monastery has been reduced to ash, this occuring during the Azuchi-Momoyama Period. This being the second time a monastery has been burnt down throughout this island's history. Moving on to the current Monastery that resides in the mountains of Karakura, constructed in 1617, third built, is still standing to this day. Built during the Edo Period, by several prominent families led by Kazuya Saiky. The current monastery was given the name Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
I hope this letter finds you well.
It would be my greatest honor to be a part of the shrine team and to work with such amazing like-minded individuals. I would up-hold my duties and remain well kept and well mannered, along with working diligently to keep an upbeat and bright demeanor, while also being kind.
Sincerely, Sakamoto Mangetsu.

BACKSTORY:
This portion seemed to have been written as a tidbit from a journal, written from the character's perspective.

“I’ve been homeschooled since I was about 14. I often heard people complaining about how school sucked, and how they too wished to be homeschooled, but in reality, it wasn’t as nice as they thought it to be, which I learned overtime throughout the next few years of my life. I found myself wandering in the woods adjacent to my home, studying the trees, the land, and the rocks. I appreciated them for being an escape for me, and the beauty that they were. I used the outside world as a tool for avoiding my overbearing father that often lingered just around the corner, even for having quite a small house it made it seem all that much smaller, him constantly breathing down my neck. It seemed to lessen when my mother got home, which seems to make sense. I really only ever got to leave our house on the trips my mother would take to the local market and when she would visit our local shrine, of course taking an interest in the whole ordeal I jumped at the opportunity to tag along with her, that and the fact she wasn’t home quite as much as my father was. We often found ourselves doing chores such as cleaning and yard work on her days off and I always quite enjoyed them, and spending time with her. She always took pride in the cleanliness of our home and persons, telling me to always keep my hands clean along with my room, no matter how inconvenient the task may be for me to accomplish. Around the time I turned 18 she got rather ill, and had to be placed on bedrest, the doctors said it was stage three pancreatic cancer. It was hard to watch her go through that, I always thought of her as the strongest person alive, yet, in those few weeks she was so small and weak, I wished so hard to take that away from her, helping where I could, my father seemingly out of the house so commonly now, the doctor’s had a grim outlook on her survival, and I resented them for that, and the fact my father suddenly took up hobbies. I had to get out of that house, so I moved to a small room within a strangers home that they listed for rent, looking for a roommate that was well kept and quiet. I thought I fit the bill, and I had just gotten a job in a small convenience store as a cashier, so I could make rent.”

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Despite having different titles they often share responsibility, the largest being the rituals they perform for the kami, offerings, and purification. Along with smaller things such as the maintenance of the shrine, which still benefits the relationship between the kami and the shrine priests and maidens.
Maidens often perform ritual dances, such as kagura, during special occasions like new years events. Priests and maidens both can be instructed to sell omamori, goodluck charms, or omikuji paper fortunes, and tea rituals.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
You’d use the wooden ladle placed before the entrance of the shrine beside a placed water trough or fountain, then begin by washing your left hand, following by washing your right hand, then you pour water into your hand, moving it to wash out your mouth, spitting the contents of that onto the floor. Once complete with the other tasks, you allow the water to run down the back of the handle of the ladle before returning it to where it was previously placed.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Before walking into the main hall, you'd bow before the tori gate before moving onwards. You may start off the process by placing your offering on the table or within the box before ringing the large bell, typically marked by having a large ribbon or decorated rope hanging from the top of where it’s being hung, after which you should bow twice, bring your hands together then clap twice following it up with a prayer, then bow once more in respect for the kami.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
Tea ceremony is held in a tea house, typically serving matcha to the guests after previously giving them seasonal treats while they wait. You’d make matcha using either a small shallow chawan, or a larger taller one, depending on the season. Before using a chashaku to scoop the matcha powder into the chawan, you’d begin pouring hot water into the bowl, then would dip the chasen into its basen, heating the tips of the whisk to soften them before tossing that used hot water. Using a fine sieve, you’d slowly pour the matcha powder into the dry bowl, ensuring it’s smooth. Once that portion is complete you’d pour the hot water overtop of the sifted matcha powder,then you’d place the chasen back into the bowl, swiping back and forth or in an almost circular motion, to mix the tea thoroughly. You’d make enough for all parties involved, then once the tea is fully prepared you hand it off to each guest. A tea ceremony can go on for ages, and is something to enjoy.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

All the items listed are used in various ritualistic ways in shintoism.

A Tamagushi is an offering made from sakaki branches, wrapped in shide strips of washi paper, cotton, or silk. Used for many different ceremonies, such as weddings, Miyamairi, and funerals. They are ritually presented to the kami by priests, maidens, or parishioners.

Ofuda is a piece of paper talisman or amulet, used in varying ways. Some ofuda are used for specific things, such as various types of protection, and some for love or good fortune. They can be made from several materials, cloth, metal, wood, and paper.

Kagura Suzu are a set of twelve bells, used in Kagura dance. The bells are suspended on three brass rings, wrapped around a wooden post in tiers, two bells at the top, four in the middle, and six bells in the bottom tier.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
N/A

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a priest, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread