Denied Sith's teacher application

Sith

Level 10
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: Sithness

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Sith#4673

How old are you? (Optional): 17

What is your timezone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, and I plan to stay as active as I possibly can.

Describe your activity on the server: I am on almost every single day, unless I am busy with some school activities or work, my job is only over the summer though.

Do you have any previous bans?: No

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

JSL Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application-2.36086/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): Grade-12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: A lot of the times when I’m on, I usually don’t see many teachers or classes being held.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: A document that allows teachers to collect data on a classroom in real time so they can reflect on lessons and what impacts it may have left on their students, and then use this knowledge for future lessons.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: I’d first form a plan and location and then get approval from higher ups.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: To stay in seats, not talking during the lesson and to be respectful to the other students.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I’ve been roleplaying for about 4 years, most of that time was spent on other servers, I’ve been on SRP for about a year. I’ve taught a few people to RP and have a lot of experience in doing more detailed emotes while I roleplay, but on SRP I tone it down.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head of department, meaning this teacher is head of whatever department they teach in, such as English or science.

- QT: Qualified teacher, meaning this teacher has all the qualifications of a teacher, but isn't in a position of leadership or new.

- NQT: Newly qualified teacher, meaning this teacher is newly qualified in teaching, either they just got their degree or just began working.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general: In game, teachers serve the purpose of making the SRP experience more immersive and entertaining since with them you are actually able to attend classes like a real school. The average salary a teacher is paid in the real world in the US, is $38,617 and is 3.2-14 million yen in Japan and in game the monthly pay is around 450k. Teachers can teach in a variety of ways, they can have a class be simple and note taking based, they can make it interesting and incorporate unique teaching styles like making learning into games or relating in class topics to real world things or even fiction. In their spare time, teachers do what every other person does, spend time with their family, go out, etc. They also will work on grading and lesson plans that they may not have finished during the school day.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers on SRP are very important because they make the school aspect of roleplay more immersive and interesting. Without any teachers, the school days during school hours would be pretty bland and boring, with not much else to do.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: From what I’ve heard, it seems that the lesson planning is similar to what it is in real life, meaning teachers will plan lessons on their own either through a work period, inservice day or at home if they need to plan more. I doubt that the school on this server has inservice days though.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?: Momo is a rather petite woman who has a decent amount of scars from burns and some surgical scars on her throat, she usually hides these scars with clothes or by wrapping them in bandages so as to not disturb other people. Despite having suffered a terrible accident while very young, she is incredibly happy and loves living. I’d say she is unique in that most people who make characters with tragic or semi tragic backstories make them rather depressed or edgy, but I’d say Momo adds a new perspective on a character who has dealt with trauma, because she tries to live her life to the fullest, knowing how quickly it could have been taken from her. Her outlook on students is rather empathetic, since she knows full well how harsh a school environment can be, especially for those who are unique compared to others, she enjoys getting to know things about her students and likes helping them with academic or personal issues. She is one to usually get along with other teachers and is more than happy with sharing some advice she may have and to take criticism’s other teachers may have for her. Her personality is rather soft, empathetic and kind hearted, she loves helping others ahd isn’t one to start fights or be rude to the people she knows. Her plans for the future are to have a family, work hard at her job and try to live a happy life.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Momo would have no tolerance for disruptive behavior like this, but she's always been able to keep a cool head in stressful situations, so she’d approach the group sternly, and would give them one chance to calm down and behave, and if they refuse, she would give detention to those in the group who continued.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: First, Momo would tell them to quiet, and hand out warnings to particularly disruptive students. If they continued to talk over her and disrupt, she’d hand out one last warning before giving kids detention for their disruptions.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: She’d probably focus on working on lesson plans for her next classes and grade any work that hasn’t been graded yet, she would happily interact with other teachers, but wouldn’t be the one to start a conversation.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Momo stands behind her desk as the students start entering her classroom, glancing through her lesson plans a few times to keep it fresh in her head. After most of the students have come in, she looks up at them, putting her lesson plans away, “Welcome everyone! Please, have a seat and we can get started!” She uses a kind and excited tone and then proceeds to wait for all of her students to get into their seats so she can begin the lesson.

/me Momo slowly walks through the desks in the classroom with her hands placed behind her back, she glances at the students as they take her test, keeping an eye out for anyone who may try to cheat or get on their phone while working and waiting to see if anyone raises their hand.

/me Momo pauses and looks over to the student raising their hand, she’d kindly smile at them, raising her head a bit to let them know they had her attention, “Go ahead, what's your question?” She smiles softly and awaits their response.

/me Momo approaches the group in the hallway, her eyes narrowed a bit as she gives them a stern look, stepping in the middle of the students in order to get them to separate. “That's enough, behave yourselves or you’ll all be having detention, is that clear?” She raises a brow and looks over the troublemakers, awaiting their response.

Backstory

Growing up, Momo was a pretty happy kid, she was very popular all through elementary and middle school and was one to be kind and get along with nearly everyone she met. She had an extremely close relationship with her parents and extended family, which was rather small, only consisting of an uncle on her fathers side and her mothers grandparents. Shortly after she had turned twelve years old, she was walking home from school with her mother, and a nearby propane truck was set ablaze, causing a terrible explosion that killed many nearby people, the only survivor of this tragedy, was Momo, who was left brutally scarred and mute. She was taken to the hospital quickly by some bystanders, where she was given treatment, but remained in a coma for a few weeks. When she awoke, she was horrified to realize how brutally scared she’d be left from this, and even more horrified to realize that her mother had not survived. After a month or two of healing and physical therapy, she was able to leave the hospital, but was still very much in pain. Her father used what money they had to get her as much plastic surgery as possible to remove many of the scars, along with lessons in JSL. When she returned to school, the other students were horrified by her, her best friend trying at first to be kind, but eventually grew so disturbed she abandoned her. No other students had wanted to be around her, and she became an outcast, now covering almost her entire body in bandages and almost always wearing long sleeves, and long pants. A few months after she turned fourteen, she was able to speak again after many more surgeries on her throat. With her knowledge of JSL, she decided to work at a daycare where she was one of the few able to communicate with the younger kids who used JSL to speak. She continued working at the daycare and living alone with her father, but more tragedy struck their now small family, around two years after the incident, Momos uncle died in a car crash, horrified by yet another tragedy, Momos grandparents separated themselves from Momo and her father, believing Momo to be cursed, they had already hated Momo’s mother, and had tried to get her father to leave the both of them. Months later, her grandmother became gravely ill and did request to see Momo's father one last time, when Momo also arrived with them, she was met with the reality of how much her grandparents hated her, her grandfather yelling at her, calling her cursed and her grandmother seeming terrified by her presence. Eventually, both her grandparents did pass away, her grandfather dying shortly after her grandmother did. Throughout the years, Momo didn’t leave her home much, and her father was constantly very emotional due to all of the tragedy that had struck their family, more times than not, Momo witnessed him sobbing, which further broke her down at seeing the strongest person in her life in such a fragile state. Around when Momo was eighteen, her father had gotten enough to allow Momo to move to Karakura, wanting to get her away from the city where she had suffered so much tragedy. Momo gladly moved to Karakura, where she was nervous, but ended up making lots of new friends and even falling in love, eventually getting married and becoming part of another family. She still did go home to visit her father often, and as he continued to save up enough, he was able to get her more surgeries to remove her scars, but even today, she still has quite a few, mainly on her arms, lower torso and side of her face. While the family that Momo married into is a bit hectic, she still finds comfort in actually having more than one family member now, family has become something very important to her through the years and especially with all the loss that she has suffered from in her life.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name: Momoko S. Reid

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs

Given Name(s): Momoko

Preferred Name: Momo

Age (Minimum is 27): 27

Religious Denomination: Shinto

Marital Status: Married

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5

Working Experience (# of years): 10

Academic Degree: College PHD

Year of Graduation: 2021

Major(s): English and creative writing

Minors: Art and design

Native Languages: English/Japanese (not sure what language is technically spoken on the server)

Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Preferred Teaching Subject: English

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): I did this on a Google doc and then transferred it, so I apologize if any of the format is off.

Do you have any questions?: No.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
From first glance it appears you're using an older format, please use the correct Teacher Application Format with removing/editing any questions. Additionally, I recognise you've copy/pasted this from a google doc, should you wish to re-apply and do the same thing please remember to remove the awkward spacing to avoid your application being messy/hard to read.
- This application is very under-detailed and it seems you've spent the bulk of your writing time focussing on your backstory.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread