mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Small issue Feedback

Gazt0n_

Level 7
IGN: talonsk1
DATE: 2/01/2022 (NZDT GMT+13)
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
With applications in the forums. I recently ran into a small issue where i typed a specific Ethnic group and it censors the word as it sounds similar to a racial slur, etc. This may be a accidental censorship but i just want to say that words like those should be whitelisted.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
So the community doesn't get confused and report the person even though the targeted person didn't really say the slur.

Evidence: (I wrote N I G E R I A N and it somehow gets censored)
Capture.PNG

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
It's not a accidental censorship. The reason being is because people will use the word you had stated as a bypass to the filter. I understand your issue, though I do not believe it would benefit any of us if it was added to a whitelist for a benefit of ethnicity. It is put in place to prevent racism, even if the word itself isn't racist.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega

They were restricted for a purpose; there were no mishaps. If anything, you, the writer, may simply clarify yourself or phrase it in such a way that others won't jump to such erroneous assumptions; it all comes down to how you construct the sentence. I've had this problem before while typing out an application, and while I see where you're coming from, I don't believe it will help. The words were restricted because they were most likely misused in the past, and that should remain the case.​

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
All the biographies I have spent HOURS putting work into are being censored and unusable because of the censorship in the links.
I think that the censorship on the forums should be more specific, considering it wouldn't be that hard to moderate those trying to slip by it with all the active staff.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1. Xenforo's current system is very bad, it automatically flags any words that happen to include these words which can be troubling for character biographies. I really think this is unnessasary given how rarely anyone abuses the forums as well as how many staff there are that are seemingly always (at least one or two of them) online at any time to simply delete it within the hour it was posted.

To play devils advocate a bit, it can indeed be argued that we can simply restructure our sentences to keep in the borders of the bad system... But we shouldn't need to make up for a bad system in the first place.

Example; int****rsonal
1641479141350.png

Last edited:

Sauce

Level 2
+1
I agree with this as there is probably many people who would like to make characters that are of the ethnicity you mentioned above but cant because of some immature kids on this server.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback, however we've decided to deny this suggestion.

- Unfortunately, this isn't fixable. We've censored certain words to avoid them being used inappropriately/offensively, because of this, removing it or changing it to only censor standalone would defeat the purpose of the filter and would allow you to more easily bypass it.​

Users who are viewing this thread