MuziekAapje

Level 11
Out-Of-Character Information
What is your Minecraft username?:

• smellypoopie76
Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
  • Lara#1013
Do you have a microphone?:
  • Yes and I’m fully comfortable with being on call when needed.
How old are you? (Optional):
What is your time zone?:
  • GMT+2
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
  • I do, as active teachers are a very important part of SchoolRP.
Describe your activity on the server:
  • I am online almost daily, how long depends on my work and what not.
Do you have any previous bans?:
  • No
Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
  • smellypoopie76 [Grade-12][18]
  • MuziekAapje [3D][Track-Captain][Grade-10][16]

Trivia
What subject are you applying to teach?:
  • Physical Education
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
  • I have yet to experience being an adult character, I’ve now been thinking about what role I would like to apply for and teaching just speaks to me the most. It’s a thing I’m simply interested in OOC’ly as well. Besides that teachers are a really important part of SchoolRP, though currently I barely see any classes being hosted, and when there are, a lot of the time they end up being quite boring. So I want to try and create a learning environment for new players, but also just a place for everyone to enjoy themselves.
Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
  • Yes I understand that that’s what I’m doing.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
  • The teacher class logs are a way for SLT to see how active said teacher is, very important of course, but next to that, they can check how much the teachers have to be paid for each month.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  • You must be a role model, this means you can not use any physical or mental violence, discriminate or favouritise. Next to that, you must make sure you prepare your class properly, give homework, stay involved with the class, meaning you can’t do anything that has nothing to do with your lesson. And last but not least, you may never take advantage of your students in any possible way, meaning you can’t let them do your job or let them serve you.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
  • I have been playing on SchoolRP for a few years now, Though I’ve been most active since march 2020, since then I became the High School Track Captain on my main account, as a track captain I plan, and host practices and I am someone the team members can go to when they need someone to listen. IC’ly Raika is often found in the track or football house, you can usually find her hanging out with friends and just getting to know her fellow peers.
In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:

• The rank “HD” means Head of Department.
↳ Description:
  • Being known as the highest rank a teacher could possibly get, the Head of Department is the leader for their academic department/subject. Their duties include making sure that teachers in their department are doing their job properly, alongside with planning the topics for the subject.
- QT
↳ Meaning:

• The rank “QT” means Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
  • This rank has the title of “Qualified”, it shows that a Qualified Teacher is a teacher who has gained a strong amount of experience in the planning and doing classes for their given subject.
- NQT
↳ Meaning:

• The rank “NQT” means Newly Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description:
  • Being the second rank that a teacher can receive after being hired, a Newly Qualified Teacher is a teacher who has successfully completed their training and can now independently host classes. While there is still a lot of teaching experience to gain, the ability to host classes independently will be their first steps.
- UT
↳ Meaning:

• The rank “UT” means Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
  • Unqualified Teachers are people who have been newly accepted becoming teachers. Even though these teachers cannot host classes independently just yet, they will go through a large training scheme, where they would meet the faction lead, observe a qualified teacher’s class, plan their own classes, take a teacher’s assessment and would be reviewed before becoming qualified.

Teacher Knowledge
Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

• Teachers provide SchoolRP with what it's all about, they teach classes, make sure students behave and host detentions when needed.
  • There are many things they have to do out of game as well, this includes, preparing classes to ensure everyone involved will be able to enjoy said class.
  • IC’ly, teachers have a life outside of school as well. Teaching isn’t all they do, they could have a family, friends, go on dates. They are just members of society like everyone else.
  • Their pay, teachers are expected to teach the minimum of 15 classes a month and for this they get paid 450,000 Yen. Besides that there is an option for you to make 100,000 Yen extra per month, as you can get 50,000 extra for the next 2 10 extra classes taught.
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
  • In Character, they are the ones that provide the students of Karakura High with a safe learning environment. School is extremely important for teenagers, not just for the sake of learning in classes, but also outside of classes. In school they get the opportunity to practice on their social skills, and make new friends or enemies, as that is part of life too, everyone has to learn to treat their enemies with respect and school is a safe place to do so.
  • Out Of Character, teachers also provide a learning space, classes are a great way for new people to learn how to action, as this is where new and more experienced players often come together. The more experienced players will participate in the class and do some /me's, which provides the new players with the great opportunity to take that as an example for their own future /me's.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
  • According to a current teacher, Alimonino, there is no lesson planning system.

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

• Aiko Fujiwara is a relatively tall female, standing at a high 5’6 that makes most of her colleagues pale in comparison. She is gifted with an athletic build, perhaps built from her years and experience with the track team, and she has smooth black hair and dark brown eyes. In accordance with her career and her lifestyle, she often follows an athletic dress code, being typically seen wearing a tracksuit.
  • As a teacher, Aiko is dedicated, kind and disciplined, being reminiscent of her former self. She instructs her class with pride and finds much joy in doing so. Her unique past experiences such as losing her child, going to the United States and getting hurt by practicing too much are of big use to her, as she can use this to help her own students who are going through their own troubles.
  • In relation to her lookout towards her students, seeing each student as their own individual, she treats them with dignity and respect, always trying to get to know them more and more whenever she has the chance to do so. They are her students after all and given that they will be under her wing for some time, it does not hurt to know more about your own students. As for her outlook on the other teachers, she has met with many different people with a diverse range of backgrounds and personalities, given that Aiko has a lot of past experience in working with others in teaching. She has seen them all and for her, she treats them all with respect and professionalism, at times trying to act according to the personalities of the different people she’d work with. As a whole, she wishes to maintain a good and professional working relationship with her colleagues, so that all would go well in the workplace.
  • As for the future, Aiko is hoping to be able to change back her personality to what it was before the tragic turn of events in her life. Being able to start afresh in a career that she enjoys is an important step in her mind and hopefully, she would be able to slowly mold herself back into what she once was, and that is, a kind and caring person. In addition, she hopes that this would give her a chance in being emotionally stable again before getting back in touch with her husband, who is still in the United States, at least from what she’s aware of.
Scenarios
You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

• Aiko would step in between, staring at them with a straight face for a few seconds. It wouldn’t take long for her to start speaking in a calm voice . “Is this really how you want to resolve whatever has happened?” She wouldn’t give them any time to answer her question, as she started speaking again. “Here, at Karakura High, this is not how we resolve issues like these. We talk about them with the help of an adult, if necessary. So, what’s the matter?”

If said group does not want to work along, Aiko would send them to detention, in order to try again then.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
  • Whenever students are found not complying with Aiko, they would firstly be given a warning. They would be immediately asked to cooperate and comply, as it is disrespectful for them to be doing what they are doing. However, if they continue to disobey Aiko’s commands, they will be immediately removed from her class, as they are a disruption to her and other students who are putting effort into listening to her. These kicked-out students would become examples for the other students on how not to act during Aiko’s class.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
  • Aiko, once a young sociable woman, is no more. She would no longer be found in the teacher’s lounge often, unless needed be. She now prefers eating alone, in silence. No need for chit chat. If she were to eat in the teacher’s lounge however, she could be found really crunching on her apple loudly, being quite passive aggressive to the people around her. Making it clear to them she had no interest in their conversation.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
  • /me lowered to her knees, with her fingers placed right behind the starting line, putting her into an ideal starting position. She stayed in this position for a while before getting back up, making sure they all saw how it looked, before letting them try.
  • /me observed the students running around the track. “GO GO GO, MY GRANDMA COULD RUN FASTER THAN YOU!” As she said that, her eyes slightly widened, almost as if she felt guilty about what she had just said.
  • /me sighed, shaking her head, she straightened her back while blowing her airhorn, gaining the students attention. “Quiet down. Today we are throwing javelins. Have any of you done this before?” she said as she looked around, checking all their expressions.
  • /me inspected the students starting positions, before giving feedback ”Lift your butts up in the air higher, it’ll make your start more efficient.”
  • /me she then gave them time to adjust their positions before counting down, while readying her airhorn. “THREE.. TWO.. ONE” the airhorns sound blasted across the track.
Backstory
There she was, Aiko Fujiwara, the most beautiful baby girl her parents had ever seen, born on the 9th of may 1983 at 10:45am. This is where her adventure had begun, lying in her mothers arms.

As Aiko grew up, she loved making friends, she was often found being around others her age. However, when it was time to start middle school her parents encouraged her to participate in extracurricular activities which she didn't want to do, she was already so occupied with her studies. However, to please her parents she decided to take up track to keep herself physically healthy and in shape without it taking too much time away from her studies. The more she partook in practices and meetings the more she started to fall in love with the sport, the adrenaline that overflowed her body as she tried to sprint past her teammates. In high school, she had started to win more and more races, her team's coach had begun to notice Aiko’s talent and mentioned this college with an amazing track team in the United States, this took Aiko’s interest so she did some research on this college, and she found out scouts regularly visited there. This motivated her to train even harder. With the support of her parents, a side job, and daily practice, she would be able to go by the end of summer break. All that was left to do, was getting in, which she did!

Once summer break was over, the time had come for Aiko to pack her stuff and leave to her next big adventure, the United States! As she settled in, she was sure to immediately join the college's track team.

In one particular day, Aiko and her friends went to the campus’ field to hang out. The field was marked clearly as a track field, with chalk lines being visible throughout the entirety of the field. They eventually decided to have a small little challenge. Whoever managed to run from the start to the end in the shortest amount of time would have their lunch paid for by the rest. It was here that Aiko stood out, where she managed to reach the end two times faster than her friends. At the same time, however, it just so happened that someone particular was watching the field as they raced and it was no other than one of Sacramento TC’s coaches. The coach had an eye for talent and sure enough he found it. The captain eventually found an opportunity to meet Aiko, noting how much he appreciated her skill and suggested that she participate in an upcoming track team tryout. Realizing that she had much free time in her hands, she decided to do so. Unsurprisingly yet resoundingly, Aiko managed to complete the entire try out with absolute ease and beating all other competitors in the evaluation. She was offered a position of trainee and clearly, she accepted. From there, her track career began, she could now practice with the help of some of the best coaches, so that she could be a part of the main team when she finishes college.

A few months after she had accepted the position of being a trainee, Aiko didn’t want to lose this opportunity, therefore she practiced nearly 3 hours a day. Overtime Aiko had begun to notice a slight pain within her ankle, she went to get it checked out fearing that it may cause problems in her career. The doctor assured her that she had nothing to worry about and prescribed her some antibiotics for the pain. She listened to her doctor and took her medication, feeling better knowing that the doctor had confirmed that it was nothing to worry about and it will not affect her career. Though one day, the pain intensified during one of her practises, She left an hour early to rest at home. When she had woken up in the morning and got out of bed, she quickly made contact with the floor, a sharp pain shooting throughout her right leg leading down to her foot. She tried to get up but her right leg forced her back down. She quickly called for help and got rushed to the hospital, where she was told she broke a bone in her foot. The doctors had diagnosed it as a stress fracture, they explained to her that it was caused due to stress on the bone from constantly running. They told her that it will take a while to heal and it was likely that she would not be able to run at her current level again, as this would severely damage her bone even further. After telling her team about what the doctors had said, the coach had no choice but to take Aiko off the team.

Despite being devastated by her forced separation from the track team, she nevertheless continued to finish her college education as she had already invested time and effort into it. It was tragic that the main reason for her decision to study in the United States had crumbled, but she managed to continue what she started and she eventually graduated with good results. She was thinking of returning home to Japan, as it was the place where she lived before coming after all and her parents were still there. However, there was one thing that made her rather stay, and that is, her boyfriend John. She was conflicted, but during a call with her parents, they found out about her dilemma and encouraged her to stay. This was the tipping point and she decided to stay, for the sake of being with her boyfriend.

Within the next decade, she gradually built up her livelihood with her boyfriend, Johnny ‘John’ Johnson. She initially worked as a teaching assistant at a middle school, giving her a monthly salary and some good experience in the hosting of classes. She worked up her experience and eventually, she became a full-time teacher in a highschool. In terms of her relationship with John, it was going great as they managed to live together in their own home and he eventually proposed to her, becoming engaged. They eventually became married and soon they would have a family of their own, with Aiko becoming pregnant a few years after their marriage. Their livelihoods had never been better.

Things, however, soon turned for the worse, slowly but surely. In a twist of tragedy, and really unfortunately, the child who Aiko gave birth to passed away not long after being born. The child was sickly, and the doctors tried everything they could but to no avail. Worsening the tragedy, the couple have become used to each other and sadly, their interest in one another declined rapidly. No longer were their lives so intertwined as before and their relationship was only a shadow of what it once was. For Aiko, there was only misery and regret.

Eventually, Aiko slowly broke down to the pressure and emotional pain. Her marriage was in shambles and her mental health was in rapid decline. Her once kind personality shifted into blatant passive-aggressiveness and nasty one. She dislikes the woman she has become, struggling to maintain herself. After taking days and weeks thinking about her life, she decided that it was time for a change. She wanted to take a break, for time for herself, a true break. Knowing that staying where she was would eventually lead to her break being inevitably broken, she decided that returning to Japan was her best option. She already had family there and she could certainly return without any problems whatsoever, and so she had made her decision. Within two weeks, she prepared her return back to Japan, from booking the flight to submitting her resignation from her job. She told her husband about it and he reluctantly agreed, not like he could have objected anyway. She would return back to Karakura, the place of her birth.

Upon setting foot in her native hometown once again, she settled down rapidly, though the place had certainly become a much different place than she remembered. However, one thing stood and that was the school in Karakura. Taking the opportunity, she had decided to work for the school, filing the applications and all the needed paperwork. With a skill set and experience like hers, it is no surprise that she applied to be a PE teacher, as that was what she was best at.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

• Aiko Johnson
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
  • Mrs.
Given Name(s):
  • Aiko Fujiwara
Preferred Name:
  • Mrs. Johnson
Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
  • Shintoism
Marital Status:
  • Married
Nationality:
  • Japanese
Current Location:
  • Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
  • Bachelors
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
  • Maths
Minors:
  • Music Theory
Native Languages:
  • Japanese
Other Languages:
  • English
Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
  • No

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of P.E. Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread