BonBons

Level 30

APPLICATION FORMAT

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Smexier

How old are you?:
N/A
(Due to Privacy you may leave this question as 'N/A' if you wish to not disclose your IRL age.)

Do you have any previous bans?:
A 30 minute ban in 2017 due to a server glitch.

What Country are you from?:
I am from Japan.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Bonbons#0001

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I am fully aware that inactivity will lead to a demotion. I understand that in order to have a smooth running education system in SRP, all school employees must be active and mobile frequently. I also understand the rule that 15 classes per month is the minimum requirement for College Professors.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I believe that my activity on the server and forums is quite decent, as I spend most of my free time throughout the day playing on SRP as well as reading recently posted forums. I keep up to date with the latest updates to the rules and terminology, as well as reading others biography’s / introduction as I believe these are very interesting and a good contribution to being a part of the SRP Community both icly and oocly.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I have been playing SchoolRP since 2017. I do not have the exact date, however my old forums account indicates my activity in 2017.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

French Application - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.20250/

Spanish Application - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-application.20288/

College Application - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sxtanic-college-application.26762/

Shop Application - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/tsuki-kissaten-shop-application.28321/

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:

Smexier ~ Grade 10, Age 16

Sxtanic ~ College, Basketball Captain, 19

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

Main Reasoning

I have many grounds as to why I want to be a College Professor in game, however there is one main reason. My main reason as to why I would like to become a College Professor is because I would love to become a teacher in the future, OOCly. With this being said, although this will all be in minecraft and roleplay, I will treat this job much like how I would OOCly, being responsible and managing my time wisely. Continuing, I will mention a few other reasoning and points as for my motivation in becoming a College professor.

Free Time

Firstly, I am taking a break from school OOCly due to timezone issues and being stuck in Japan because of Corona. I am not planning on going back to school until Corona dies down. This means I will be having a lot of free time on my hands, wishing for more work and some responsibility to be proposed upon me. However as I mention, although I will be returning to school eventually, I still believe even with school I will be able to manage and balance my time with being a College Professor ICly, and maintaining school work oocly. I trust that I will commit to, and be responsible with my time as a Professor, managing and preparing all lessons beforehand.

Maintaining and introducing new skills

I would love to challenge myself with skills such as responsibility, Communication, time management and organization as I believe these are the main important characteristics of being any school employee. As students look up to teachers, we must emit and present a role model type behavior by representing valuable skills to teach to younger and older students. As I admit a certain weakness of mine is time management, I would love to challenge myself by partaking this responsibility with the role of a professor, learning how to manage my time more wisely which will benefit me both ICly and OOCly. Now I believe it is best to explain how I will be planning to achieve this goal while I am a College Professor. I will be managing my time wisely by preparing classes in advance, not just minutes before I host a class, reaching more than enough classes each month, Having my morning and afternoon announcements prepared in order to have a creative and innovative message which will capture student’s attention. The things I will avoid doing are preparing classes last minute, forgetting materials to hand out, and being an overall irresponsible professor.

Activity

I believe that I play a fair amount of SchoolRP everyday, as well as checking pings and Karakura Academics discord very often throughout the day. I understand that I will need to balance my other Character who is on the Basketball Team, however my first priority and goal in my head is to be able to pay enough attention to both, being responsible and overall understanding that this will require a lot of patience and seriousness within myself.

As I have observed throughout the day, many players will be asking in OOC as to why no one is hosting any classes or to why teachers and professors are very inactive. I believe that with hiring new professors from different and unique timezones, there will be enough classes hosted for those who are online at odd times. In my case, I am in the Japan JST time zone and I do not see a lot of classes being hosted during my timezone, however there are a lot of players online. This is the reasoning as to why I believe I will be able to host classes for those who follow or play around my time zone.

Physical Education

The Professor and Degree I am applying to be, is a Physical Education Professor for College Students. I am motivated to teach this, as Physical Education has always been one of my favorite subjects in school, and I have many innovative ideas and events I would love to present to my classes. I myself OOCly have always been very active, being in track and cross country for 7 years in a row, as well as being in the badminton club. I understand that this is mostly OOC information, however this can be a benefit towards my RP situations as a Physical Education teacher, allowing myself to present my personal knowledge of Sports and Physical Activity to my students on the server.

Events and Units

I believe that one of the main aspects of being a successful teacher no matter what degree you teach, is having a set goal and approach to learning. With this being said, I would like to present a few of my ideas I will be coaching to my students. As I have observed, many school systems OOCly have had this certain type of planning known as units. Each week there would be a new unit depending on the topic the class will be focusing around. For example, week 1 I will be teaching about Volleyball and it’s techniques. Using a few classes to head down into the Courtyard to play volleyball with the students, making sure everyone is using their time wisely and not slacking off. Week 2, I will be teaching about exercising and safety and so on. Using this idea, my classes will be more responsible and well planned as I will have a general overview of what to prepare for each week and class, as well as students having a brief understanding of what to expect for next class.

Feedback

After each class or each unit, I would like to receive feedback from students regarding what they would like to learn next class or focus on for the next unit. As well as feedback from the students, I believe that a good quality is for teachers and professors to present feedback towards their students as well. I make it a habit and goal to hear everyone’s voices in the class, understanding that each student’s opinions matter and that we must appreciate and respect one’s ideas whether or not we agree with them.

I would also like to propose an idea with some permission from the faction lead, whether or not there could be a chest (suggestion box) where students can leave suggestions or problems they would like to address to me directly, whether it be after school or when I am offline. This way, I can read this individually and change a few things in class or help students who are scared to get help during class.

Homework and quizzes

As the Degree I am going for is a Physical Education Teacher, I will most likely prepare quizzes rather than written homework. As I feel as though written homework is oftentimes stressful for students as they receive homework from other classes. Instead, I will sometimes propose open notebook quizzes or quizzes right after we learn a certain unit to help them with less stress, and to help them understand and be ready for what to expect. If I were to assign homework however, it would be relating to exercise and or eating healthy this week.

Goal

My main goal for becoming a College Professor is to help students understand that ‘no one is good at everything’. As I have heard many students complain about different subjects, there are bound to be students who hate Physical Education as well. With this, I will be patient and understanding to those who have a hard time with physical activity and who need breaks often. I will not let people slack off, however I will be understanding to those who do not like physical education in general, which will give me the goal to try to make my classes as interesting as possible. Focusing on different units for people with different interests and goals in life. OOCly, on my other account my character is in the basketball team, which can help me teach more about my personal knowledge of the sport if I decide to host a basketball unit at some point.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

I have had my fair share in many types of different roleplaying on the server. Some include my old days on the server, where I gangrped. I understand that I will not GangRP if I receive the role of College Professor, and I can assure you due to the idea that I dislike Gangrp now due to personal issues and killing other people’s well developed characters for no reason at all. I also can not gangrp on my other account as I am on the Basketball Team.

Secondly, I have also had a fair share in RomanceRP, SnailRP, and being a Shop Owner a few months ago. I find most RPing very interesting, which is why I would like to have a try at being a College Professor.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

During Class time, most of the time at the beginning of class, I must take photo evidence of myself teaching the class. This can be a general screenshot of the classroom with active students. This is to provide evidence for my class logs each month, and in order to receive my paycheck. I must then upload this photo in the karakura Academics Discord. If I forget to upload this photo or some type of evidence, I will not receive credit for teaching. I must also reach the minimum amount of 15 class logs each month, however I will try my best to reach more than enough as this will both benefit activity on the server, as well as my character financially.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

These are a few basic and major rules that must be followed during a class. I will specify which rules students should follow, as well as what a professor should follow.

Professor Rules

Treating each student with respect, not choosing favorites and understanding boundaries as although we must be friendly with students, they should not be seen as best friends. This will be deemed as rather inappropriate behavior from an adult.

No eating in the classroom. I believe and understand that I have seen many teachers eat in class before, however to keep it professional, I would like to keep a rule in my classroom to keep eating saved for lunch or break time, as it can be rather distracting during a physical education period.

Professors should listen to each student’s ideas, however take action if a student is being disrespectful to another student or themselves.

A professor should be patient and understanding when it comes to an angry student. A professor should always be assertive, rather than raising their voice over a small issue possibly making it worse than it already is. I believe that shouting is never the answer, and a few deep breaths and calm voices can tranquil things down to normal.

Phones should not be used in class by the professor, as they expect the same from students. Unless it is a medical emergency, this can be dismissed with permission, however can not be a made up excuse.

Under no circumstances should a professor ever use foul language, as we would not want students doing the same.

Professors should always focus on the safety of their students first, before anything else.

Professors must understand boundaries between their relationships of being a teacher and students.

College Students

No eating in class, as we have discussed how this can be distracting in a physical education class. Unless provided by the professor, as I have an idea of sometimes distributing oranges after exercise which is known to be healthy for the body.

No usage of electronics and phones in class, as this is a physical education class rather than a technology class. I will remind students at the beginning of class to put their phones away.

No foul language, as this will result in a warning or bigger punishment. It is better to handle things assertively and calm.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

As of my 4 years on SchoolRP, most of my serious RP experiences have come from the last year up until now. I have tried out for many different roles and situations, one of them being a Shop Owner. I have learned the responsibilities in being a shop owner, and how much work it can take. As well as businessRPing as this was a part of being a shop owner. I had to also take part in a strike system each month, reaching numbers of adverts before getting my role taken away. I never received any warnings or strikes, however I resigned as soon as I knew I needed a break rather than let everyone down. As well as a shop owner, I am a basketball member on my main account. I enjoy RPing as a student, and have been able to observe how College Classes mostly go about.

OOCly, I do acting as a major, which can show that I have been in many situations relating to acting which is a factor of roleplaying. I have been in many different plays and have played different roles which have helped me understand more about SchoolRP and how to roleplay as a whole different character.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors.
What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

A College Professor’s task and role is to host classes, as their main goal should be teaching the students meaningful lessons which should stick with them for the rest of their lives. They should be passionate about what they are teaching, having set goals and appreciating each of their student’s opinions. Professors should help students create goals and be more organized, meaning at the end of their college life they would have achieved these goals successfully with enough help.

I understand that each College Professor has to lead at least 15 classes per month, which would be the pay of ¥450,000. However if you complete an extra 10 classes, you receive an extra pay of ¥50,000 totalling up to ¥500,000 at the end of the month. Although the extra 10 classes are optional for the extra ¥50,000, the 15 classes are mandatory to meet up the requirement.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Appearance

Margarine ‘Baba’ Arai would stand at 4’4, with soft curly hair. Her natural hair would have already turned gray, as she would be quite aged. She’d have freckles scattered around her cheeks, oftentimes squinting when she does not understand the environment around her. She is rather quite a funky grandmother, who loves to view life ‘outside the box’.

Nationality

Margarine’s nationality would be full Japanese, as she was born and raised in Osaka.

Personality

Margarine has a rather odd but funny personality, at times where she can zone out forgetting what she was doing while roaming around in the hallways. However when doing something she loves, much like teaching physical education, her brain is already warmed up and ready to go.

Margarine usually has a blank face as she speaks, with a very odd and unique sense of humor.

Unique and Different

The reason why she is unique and different, is because although she is rather old, standing at the age of 74, she is still rather quite active and physical as she is applying to be a physical education teacher. Her favorite hobbies are water skiing, as she likes to go every weekend. She has perfect teeth, and although she has back aches at random times, she would never give up a challenge to a race. Many teachers in Karakura would be young and healthy, whereas Margarine seems quite old, however do not misjudge her based on her age. She is known to be very physical and amazing when it comes to activity.

Outlook on Students

Margarine ‘Baba’ Arai views students much like an egg. She thinks they are not hatched yet and depending on how they are raised or brought up, presents whether or not they will be successful. This is why she tries her best to keep them healthy and active, so that they have the same mindset when they are much older as well. She acts very friendly to them, however does not keep any relationships outside of school with students as she deems this as inappropriate. She acts as though the students are her own children, meanwhile respecting boundaries as well.

Outlook on other Teachers

Margarine views other teachers as very young and healthy humans, who still have more to learn as well. Oftentimes during lunch she would like to tell stories and her own mistakes growing up, to try to help them avoid these things. She has a rather interesting way of communication, sometimes baking or cooking for other teachers if they forgot their lunch.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

1st Reaction

Margarine ‘Baba’ Arai would slowly approach the sport team members. She’d then raise an eyebrow, speaking in a calm manner, “What seems to be the issue around here?” She’d stare at them with a blank face. “You should be somewhere else, rather than screaming around here. Go do something helpful such as going to class. This will be my first warning”. She’d then stand until they clear the area, stopping their disruption and immature behavior.

2nd Reaction

Margarine would slowly approach the sports team members, her eyes squinted with a questioning look. She’d slowly speak in a firm tone, “Lower your voice this instant, you’re disturbing classes and the peace around here.” She’d then slowly shake her head, motioning her hand, dismissing them to go elsewhere. “Get ready for your next class, this is my first warning!”.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

At first, Margarine would speak in a calm and assertive way, warning the student to listen up and focus. If they continue to disrupt the class, she would then ask the student to do a couple laps around the gym as that is where most of her classes would take place, during a physical education period. If they continue to be disruptive, Margarine would warn them once again in an assertive manner, however mentioning detention. If they continue this disruptive behavior that a college student should not be emitting at all, they will be kicked from the class and given a detention to attend later on in the day. If this is persistent behavior being shown from the same college students, she will not hesitate to tell a higher up, reporting their full name and immature behavior.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

1st /me’s

/me Margarine would slowly walk to the front of the class, setting her cane against the table. She’d slowly turn her head from left to right to inspect each student with a blank face, nodding as she makes eye contact. &f”Good morning / Afternoon students. I would like you to expect a lot of physical activity today as we will be heading down to the gym for some basketball. As I have already informed you from last class, this week will be our basketball unit. I expect each and every one of you to be prepared and stay hydrated throughout our time in the gym, meaning if you did not bring enough change for the vending machines in the gym, just let me know and I will prepare some. Now, any questions before we start?” She’d give a small nod and motion to the door.

2nd /me

/me She’d slowly make her way to the back of the classroom, her gaze and attention focusing on ‘Bryan Chu’. &f”Mr.Chu, I would appreciate it if you pivot your attention back to the front of the class. If not, you may be doing some extra laps today in the gym. For now I will give this as a warning.” She’d then make her way back to the front of the class, clapping her hands slightly to gain the class’s attention back to her. “Now where was I?” She’d give a small squint with her eyes, “Oh yes, discussing being hydrated while exercising is very important…”

3rd /me

/me She’d clap her hands in a loud and wide manner, attempting to grab the attention of the whole class. &f”Listen up, today we will start off with running laps around the track. We will then do some stretching. I want to see lots of legs in the air and sweat on the ground. If you need to take a break, inform me before you do so. After we do the stretches, we will be heading to the courtyard to do some volleyball so stay hydrated in between those periods.” She’d then make her way to the starting line, joining in with the students. &f”I will be joining you as I feel that is the fairest way possible. If I’m 74 and can complete this activity, so can you!” She’d then blow her whistle and start sprinting with wide arms and wobbly legs.

4th /me

/me She’d stand outside of her classroom, smiling as each student walks into the classroom. She’d greet each student with a &f”Good morning, I hope you’ve got enough sleep last night and make sure to stay hydrated as we will be doing lots of exercise today.” She’d start slightly jogging in place as she attempts to set a positive mood for the beginning of her physical education class. As she’d gree the last student into the classroom, she’d give a slight nod with her head, closing the door lightly behind her as she’d make her way to the front of her class, with her cane.

5th /me

/me She’d slowly retrieve a couple of notebooks from the chest, walking back to the front of the classroom by her desk. &f”I have a couple of notebooks with a few questions involved around Essential Body Management Skills. I would like each of you to answer them truthfully, as we will be going over what is important in class. Make sure to sign your name on your books and hand them in when asked.” She’d then slowly go to each table, handing a notebook out. As she finishes handing out the notebook to the last student, she looks up and gives a small smile and nod, turning around heading back to the front of the class and taking a seat. &f”You may all begin, this is not a quiz so do not stress. Take your time but not too long.” She’d then lean her cane on the side of her desk, slightly placing her fingers through the class fern, then instantly looking up at the class, observing to make sure no one was slacking off.

Backstory

Margarine ‘Baba’ Arai grew up in Osaka Japan, where she studied in an all girls school from kindergarten, all the way up till highschool. She’d then moved to Tokyo to study in a University where she got her degree in teaching. Margarine would have a twin sister called Mary whom she does not keep in touch with anymore. As she is 74, most of her family members have passed and or lost contact with her. However there are younger generations of her family, such as her grandchildren. As a young girl, Margarine was always very physical and energetic. She’d participate in many team sports throughout her years in middle and highschool, As well as joining the Basketball club in University. Her love of Water Skiing started as a young child, where she tried it at her Grandpa’s cottage lake, where the love for it continued to this day. She’d always wanted to be a physical education teacher as her favorite subject in school would be P.E and she would spend her free time exercising or water skiing. As her love of physical education continued, she decided to take it full time as she started studying education and physical education in University. From her memory, she’d always believed Physical Education classes would discriminate against those who disliked physical activity, so she made a goal to herself, to help those improve and teach physical education in a more creative and fun approach so that students would have an open mind towards this study of subject. As Margarine received her teaching degree in Tokyo, she moved back to Osaka and taught in her old all girls school, moving onto a Co-Ed school in Hong Kong, then moving back to Japan. She heard about a small town called Karakura and moved there as she was tired of the huge city life with constant traffic. As she settled in Karakura, she got mini jobs such as working in stores part time and started working as a blogger online. She started to miss her physical education and started to slack off, where she reminded herself where she belonged. She then applied to be a Physical Education Professor in Karakura, where she could continue her dream as she knew this would be the last school she would teach at, at the young age of 74.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Margarine Arai

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs

Given Name(s): Mrs Arai / Mrs Margarine

Preferred Name: Baba

Religious Denomination: N/A

Marital Status: Widowed

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 19

Working Experience (# of years): 21

Academic Degree: Masters

Year of Graduation: 1949

Major(s): Physical Education, Adolescent Education

Minors: Communication

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I do not have a certificate.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Physical Education For College Students.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): Thank you for sparing your time in reading my application. As I looked through, I apologize as I realised my application had gotten very long as I got carried away. (I got 3 different answers on the max age from different staff, so if needed I will make my character younger!)

Do you have any questions?:
No Questions!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread