players online

Social Science Professor | Multicultural | Professor Application

opp

Level 50
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:

DrKatzz

Do you have any previous bans?:
Yes I do, It was due to knowing someone bypassed and I didn’t report it to staff. This was utterly my fault I got banned and I took full responsibility, I have read over the rules and will it never happen again.

What is your timezone?:
Central Standard (CST)

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
DrKatzz# 7328

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I do

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums:
I am very active, logging on for 4-5 hours on weekdays and even longer on weekends. Now that I am no longer in school, I have more opportunities to log on and get my hours in quickly and easily. I'm generally on here all the time on forums, scrolling through topics like I'm on social media.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I have been playing srp for a good Year.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Accepted
- https://schoolrp.net/threads/cat-language-2.48756/

Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/cat-language-application.48694/

Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/cats-tutor-application.48001/

Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.43645/

Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.43713/

Reviewed - https://schoolrp.net/threads/character-authorization-albinism.45064/

Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-third-language-application.45332/

Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-application.46471/

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:

DrKatzz - (Was a tutor) Grade - 12

cattioo - Highschool Grade - 12

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

My inspiration for being a professor stems from my enjoyment of interacting with others as an adult character in a school atmosphere. As a tutor, I enjoyed interacting with so many different characters and developing icly relationships with how my character is alone.

Also, I'd like to be able to have a more maturity as a character because, outside of the game, I'm a high school graduate who will be attending college (which doesn't really important) and don’t really find it comfortable playing as a highschool student when I’m not, but I find it more fun and comfortable to be an adult in game.
Furthermore, having an Adult role or Job setting entails more serious roleplay, which I adore, which makes things like these so much more enjoyable. I also enjoy learning about and discussing various cultures, so I'd like to participate in this icly so that I may both learn and teach others while my classes are able to be taken seriously since College students on srp don’t usually troll around as much as to what I know.
What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Logs are used to ensure that teachers, professors, and employees are active on the server, as well as a way to log in hours for monthly paychecks. They also assist staff in keeping track of who is still doing their Srp job and staying active, as well as calculating paychecks for the Fraction Lead/Who distributes paychecks. Logs will also assist in determining who should receive strikes for inactivity.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Being a College student means having extra duties, and as a Professor, making sure your students work is completed on time is a significant fractor for college students because most College professors do not accept late work so, no late work would be one of the first rules.

Colleges also expect students to participate, be courteous of themselves, others, and the professor, keep their hands and feet to themselves, use appropriate language, and complete classwork on time or by the deadline established by the professor. As a result, the Professor would have already laid down these regulations because the College students are/should be used to them.

As a result, these regulations are strict—they should not disrupt the Professor and Student's time in class; as a Professor, you should always work with your students to ensure that class is entertaining or pleasurable to be in, regardless of whether the topic being taught is.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
My previous roleplaying experiences include how long I've been on srp (1 year and 2 months to be exact) as well as a couple years back in 2015 roleplaying on furnace Highschool (but not including that because I haven't been on Karakura until 2021). The first few months I spent learning the basics of roleplaying and detailing before eventually joining Akihito (the first gang I ever joined) but only staying for a month or two and being a part of the Kishi I performed some Gangrp and was typically associated with Kaku Kai and their events though Never joined, until I became a Tutor and got to be on a 1 on 1 experience with being a Adult character and how much more enjoyable it is to be.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

College professors teach college-level students and are required to teach a minimum of 15 classes per month in order to earn a 450k salary, with the option of adding an additional 10 classes to increase their salary to 500k, which would equal 25 classes, which is one of the reasons professors are required to keep logs.

College professors will frequently take field trips with SLT approval, depending on what they teach. College professors are responsible for teaching classes and ensuring that all students are present. At the very least, they comprehend what they are learning, and they ensure that college students behave in classrooms with stringent regulations and a more positive view for college students. Professors must be mature at all times because they are the face of the college and represent it all, but they must also make courses enjoyable in addition to being rigorous with students and ensuring that they are behaving while giving realistic lectures.

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Olesia would be a Ghanaian/Asian mixed woman, with brown half blonde hair and a height of 5'4 inches. She'd be pudgy and have stretch marks on her stomach and inner thighs. Her hair would have been curly and soft, with long eyelashes to complement her Hazel eyes and freckles running down her nose and cheeks. She would have had dark, lovely chocolate complexion that glistened in the sunlight.

Olesia is a bubbly, extremely friendly character who is only serious when necessary. She has a caring and motherly personality, which is why most students seek her advice and some regard her as a Mother Figure. She enjoys making new friends and tries to keep her vibe and aura positive so that everyone feels at ease around her.

Olesia also enjoys children of all ages (as long as they are in high school or college, she will be there). She will always treat a child as if it were her own, even if others may look down on them. She will always do her best to lead them to success no matter what. Olesia is irritable, but she has grown out of the stage of acting on emotions and is mature enough to keep things professional, even if she isn't in a professional setting.
Olesia will always have a soft place for pupils, regardless of ethnicity, culture, skin color, gender, or even if they were part animal or something. Even if she needs to administer tough love, she will never give up on teaching and helping future generations of students become amazing adults.
Scenarios
You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

Not during a lecture hour; Olesia would halt in the hallways/whatever she was doing and investigate the disturbance. She would advise the squad to be calm, and if they wanted to yell and scream, they should do so after school or outside, where they wouldn't disrupt teachers or kids in the tutoring room. If they refuse to listen, Olesia will issue a detention warning, which will typically get them to stop, but if it continues, she will assign detention, and if detention fails, she will report the students to SLT.

During a lecture, Olesia would give the students something to do and then radio a tutor or another teacher who is free to tell the team to stop screaming and shouting; if none are available, she will quickly step outside and tell the team to be quiet; if they do not listen, she will do the same as above and give them a detention, if detention does not work then she will report to SLT

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Olesia would pull the student to the side and remind them of the rules in her classroom and remind them that as a College student, all Professors and the Dean’s expect more maturity and then let it end and hope that they will act better in the classroom, if student fails to do so She will warn the student with a detention, anything further will lead to a detention or SLT getting involved.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me After setting the chalk on her desk, Olesia would quietly walk by the students, smiling and lightly patting their shoulders so as not to appear intimidating, before returning to her desk and raising her voice, "If you have any questions or concerns, please either raise your hand or come up to my desk, I am more than happy to help you!"

/me walked around offering out notebooks and pencils as required. "Alright!" Olesia said from the front, clearing her throat. “Please write down your own culture, cultures you are interested in learning about, and explain why this class is important in the notebooks, and then hand them to me at my desk," she said, walking up to the board, taking the chalk from her desk, and writing out the instructions she had just given the class.

/me "All of you know my rules, so please respect them," she said as her head rapidly turned to the class, giving a small 'Shh..' before fully turning around and staring at her students. “The more work you complete in my class, the more free time or conversation time you will have; nevertheless, do not disturb class for others! More workwill be supplied to the entire class if I tend to hear more discussing! Or, in the worst-case scenario, the people who are speaking will have a adventure to detention after school.. Have I stated myself clearly?" She would have examined the hushed kids in the room, a few just staring at her, a few nodding, and then with a big smiling, "Great! Now, let's get back to class," she said cheerfully as she returned to the board.

Backstory
Being born and raised in a poor family in Hanbira, Olesia’s mother and father were both loving people who worked very hard to keep their family alive. They always struggled to pay the rent, but offering to help them always seemed to make life much easier for them, until one day Olesia’s mother became sick and very ill, and they took her to the nearest hospital they could- until things got worse and the family found out their mother started fighting cancer. Olesia being the oldest had to entirely step up and start caring for her five younger siblings, and her father who was never home owing to him developing a severe depression thinking of the bills, medical bills and the chance to losing the current love of his life.

,and then herself.

As time went on, life became easier, and the easy schedule became the norm... The family all knew when their Mother would finally take her last breath, Olesia was only 16 at the time, and though they didn't have the hospital bill to pay to keep her checked up and no longer needed to pay for Medication, her loss affected all of the siblings, Olesia, with their father taking the brunt end of it, causing him to become very mentally ill and eventually an alcoholic. Later down the road, he brought another woman home, around this time he was no longer drinking and his addicted started to lower and seemed a lot happier, despite the woman not being Olesias’s mother She was happy he moved on in life,

becoming happier until she became pregnant.. as her pregnancy progressed, he distanced himself from Olesia and her siblings, and soon realized he had formed a new family for himself.. and he rarely appeared in their lives anymore, and when he did, it was only to pick something up or take something.. despite his promises to be around a lot more. I bought an apartment with the money we had left from my mother after taking over the mother/father position. It was run-down and shabby, but Olesia couldn't wait for her father to return home any longer.

Due to their inability to pay the rent for only a few months, they were forced to move from homeless shelter to homeless shelter, or wherever Olesia could locate a secure place for her siblings. Aside from her extracurricular activities, Olesia gave it her all in school. Apart from being well-liked for being smart and often picked on for constantly having dirty clothing or wearing the same attire- Olesia always enjoyed being in school, sometimes even getting food or clothing from teachers and the school to give to my siblings whenever she could.

In the age of 17, Olesia began looking for a real profession that She knew She would excel at. Soon she began working as a student-teacher for Junior High School students, earning enough money to rent an apartment and provide secure housing, food, and clothing for her younger siblings. Due to Olesia’s constant busyness with school, tutoring other students, and work, She decided to pull her siblings out of school and homeschool them, creating a system from oldest to youngest of looking out for each other while She was gone, as well as leaving a stack of school notebooks at home so her siblings could self teach themselves and this is when the start of her interest into teaching began.

Despite never being able to go out and have fun like a normal teenager, Olesia began to appreciate caring for youngsters, and subsequently began to enjoy cooking, as heat up meals were no longer required for my siblings and herself. Olesia began to cook a variety of foods and eventually developed the habit of baking cookies with inspirational notes for my siblings before leaving for school/work and then carrying bags with her to hand out to children or classmates. It quickly became an everyday habit and it always filled me with joy seeing others happy and made me feel much better.

She was soon offered the opportunity to begin college classes early. Olesia found another position as a student teacher lessons in Karakura and began some of her life there, saddened that she had to leave her siblings behind. She was committed to doing what was best for her and her siblings. Olesia met a boy named Asahi while still striving to be the best in school. It could have been described as puppy love at the time, but they truly adored each other; she would enjoy teaching him stuff for class while he would enjoy annoying her and being practically her best friend, and eventually they got together, were happy, and never left each other's hips like glue until Asahi had to move back to Tokyo, with this they had to seperate.. and soon Olesia found out she was pregnant with twins, Orliyah and her first son. Later down the year, Olesia finished her highschool year before heading back to Hanabira to be around her only family to give birth, then to finish the rest of her highschool years and returning to be a student-teacher.

Later, Olesia met a boy named Tenzuko, who She tutored at first, and then the two of them started hanging out all the time, eventually becoming best friends as he loved being around her younger siblings and began working with olesia as a student-teacher; later, on graduation day, the two finally confessed to each other and began dating throughout college. During college, Olesia became a personal tutor for her siblings as they began their high school years, and despite being extremely busy, thanks to Tenzuko's assistance, She was still able to excel in her classes and enjoy assisting others and teaching.

Later, Olesia learned She was expecting a child with Tenzuko, and She was overjoyed, and was ready to be a family with Tenzuko, her twins and the new baby on the way. Finally, the day came for Tenzuko and Olesia to graduate from college, not long after Kazuko was born. When Kazuko was only a year old and Olesia and Tenzuko were Junior High School teachers, Her siblings ultimately graduated from high school a year later. Tenzuko was a Junior Highschool English teacher, and Olesia was a advanced Math/Science teacher who also did Afterschool Tutoring. Life was good for the five of them . Later on, Olesia and Tenzuko were ready to start a new life somewhere else, so they packed their belongings and informed Olesia’s siblings and Tenzuko's family. Unfortunately, only Kazuko, The twins and Her were able to relocate to Karakura due to Tenzuko having to attend to family business.

Olesia started working in a tea cafe while adjusting to life in Karakura before returning to teaching and become a College Professor while caring for her children.
Olesia suddenly received a call from Hanabira Hospital, who informed her that Tenzuko was involved in a highway pileup not far from Hanabira while traveling from Hanabira to Karakura. Kazuko, Twins and Olesia rushed to get their father and bring him to Karakura; Tenzuko was in a coma for a long time until Kazuko was two years old and the twins were 5 years old, when he sadly died; Olesia was in distraught and refused to return to teaching returning to a Schools environment due to her twins and Kazuko all going to Karakura Highschool/heading to College.

When Olesia entered a school for the first time in years, it hit her why She enjoyed teaching again; seeing the students smiles and faces while in class, as well as seeing her own children get along in class, made her want to return to teaching. Even though it hurt her that She wasn't in the field that Tenzuko and Her both enjoyed, she still decided to return after a long time, ready more than ever to be a part of students' lives again, but only starting as a tutor, after a while getting used to being around students again, making connections, friendships and even becoming close friends with Faculty members, and finally closing some old bridges -Olesia was ready to do what she wanted to do for such a long time ago and become a professor- being very interested in others cultures and wanting to teach students about them, She is now taking this step forward.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name
: Olesia De’Bardi

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs

Given Name(s): Olesia

Preferred Name: Olesia , Ms. O , or Ms. De’bardi

Religious Denomination: Athiest

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Nationality: Japanese | Ghuanian

Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
1 Year (not including Student-Teacher) 8 years (Including Student Teacher)

Working Experience (# of years): 8 Years

Academic Degree: Master's Degree in Child Development and Multicultural

Year of Graduation: 2009

Major(s): Early Childhood Education, Sociology, Foundations of Multicultural Education

Minors: Multicultural Studies, Mathematics

Native Languages: Akan, Japanese

Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes

Preferred Teaching Subject:

Social Science Multicultural Professor

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Do you have any questions?:

Nope! Thank you for reading!​

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/9TnFMh3B

Users who are viewing this thread