GangRper
Notable
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:

solorizestan

DISCORD TAG:
cloudyhearts#8038

PREVIOUS BANS:
I have never been banned from the server.

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
I do, yes.

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
I am applying to become a Miko.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I am usually on the server for about 7-9 hours a day. I make time to try and roleplay with my friends on each account.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?
Thankfully, I know the basics/origins of Shintoism. I’ve read through the article that talks about the SRP Monastery lore more than twice! I am more than prepared to learn much more about this religion and its origins rooting from Japan.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I believe both my activity and overall experience are fitting for this role. I do know that the Shrine Faction has been struggling with activity and I am an avid player in the SRP community. Another thing to note is that I usually visit the Monastery whenever I see shrine staff online!

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Yutaka Higuchi

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
The main reason why I am applying to work at this specific Monastery is because of a close friend of mine. She is also a Miko working at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery and I believe that if I am working beside a close friend of mine, I’ll be able to gain both knowledge & experience along the way.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I do know that the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was built in the year 744, on the sixth of June. It was originally a religious site for Buddhism, rather than Shintoism although this changed once a large fire broke out. Now, the Monastery serves as a place to practice multiple religions!

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
Yutaka Higuchi would be a very laid-back female with an enjoyable personality. She’d have somewhat long brown hair followed by brown eyes; stood at the height of five-seven. Looked as if she had light freckles and dimples! She was very approachable and willing to help anyone in need. Yutaka came from a very loving Japanese family. They always gave Yutaka their support for her along with always giving her the love she needed. They had taught her well as in how to be respectful to others and manners, which was why she grew up to be a very positive woman and always wore a smile on her face. Once Yutaka reached college she started studying Buddhism and Shintoism; After her few years of hard work, she became a Miko. During this time she wasn’t the only person who became a Miko, she met another woman named Kanao. They began to do things together at the Monastery since.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Monastery Lead,
I am writing to you regarding a position at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. The reason why I chose this current location to work at is due to an invite from a close friend of mine. Thankfully, I am experienced as working as a Miko, and I can assure you that I will respect all the equipment at the Monastery while being devoted. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Signed,
Yutaka Higuchi

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the shrine?

When walking up towards the Monastery, you’ll be faced with honorary gates, also known as a “Torii”. You must bow before each one, before reaching the cleansing basin and wooden ladles. You would pick up a ladle with your right hand as you pour water onto your left hand. Vice-versa, you’d then pour water into your mouth, rinsing it and spitting it outside of the basin. After all of this, you would need to complete the cleansing by tilting the wooden ladle upwards, letting the water flow down, and cleaning it.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?
Certain steps vary depending on which ritual you are doing. The most common ritual, which is offering something to the Kami, is the easiest one. To begin, you would place your offering into the offering box and swing the bell. After this, you are expected to bow twice and clap twice shortly after. Once you have done this, you can either say a prayer out loud or in your head before finally bowing once more.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
A Shinto Priest is expected to carry out rituals and is expected to answer any questions that visitors have regarding the Monastery or Shintoism. Shrine Maidens help out Shinto Priests with rituals and tend to the Monastery in the meanwhile. They also sell certain things that include omamoris and blessed lanterns.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
Traditionally, if the child is born, the parents would bring them in after 32 days of them being born if they are a boy. If the child is a girl, they would bring her in after 33 of being born. This ritual ensures that the child will be protected by the Kami for the rest of their life!

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
I would show them around the Monastery, talking about the fire that happened back in the early year of 2004. Then, I would follow up with how Shintoism originally came to be and the rituals & traditions that we follow every day at the Monastery. I would also talk about the Kami that resides in the Monastery and how they came to be.

What is the name of the Kami that resides at the Monastery?
Lore-wise, the Yama-no-Kami, also known as the God of the mountain, resides at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.​

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED

Thank you so much for applying but we have decided to deny your application for this time. Feel free to
reapply again at any time!​

Users who are viewing this thread