mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Soundproofing

IGN: WillowBlossom12
DATE: December 31
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
the option to soundproof an area such as a room/classroom
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
While this isn't a problem in many areas, for things such as classes that are occurring simultaneously right next to each other, it is incredibly difficult to figure out who is in which class. This would also help with disturbances in hallways with players who purposely make disruptions in the hallways. This could also help with other important and private scenarios, especially if they are in things such as sewers. If a player is standing directly on top of a sidewalk within distance with no visible ways to enter the sewer, it wouldn't be that realistic for said player to hear a conversation underground if they were talking at a normal volume. Basically, this could be used to both prevent confusion, and to prevent metagaming.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1

It's going to be some REALLLLLY hard coding, and wouldn't really be seen as the number one problem of the server at the moment but I agree with the classroom thing, because it can get REALLY confusing, like what was mentioned above, classrooms being next to each other/ a classroom being above or below can cause utter confusion, not only for the students but for teachers also. Not only that but it would help keep away unnecessary trolls from screaming random curse words from outside of the classroom. Im not sure if this is something that could be done, but if it is, would be of great help!​

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
It is something that could be done. Coding isn't the issue (there are plugins specifically made for this, although I bet the Development Team would want to code their own, or maybe WorldGuard itself with a few tweaks can do it), but setting it up is. Defining which areas are sound-proof would take a whole lot of repetitive work, and I doubt anyone would be willing to do that as of now. As you can see on the server's Trello, the line for planned updates and in-progress updates is quite big (the in-progress list has only a few cards, but cards that are being coded by the same three people, so you can give it a few months for them to be done), and I don't think this will be in the Development Team's plans any soon. There are a lot of other more important projects that are/will be worked on.

On the same note, I'm sure the Development Team will release their opinion on this feedback. I do not speak for them and this is merely what I think would be the most likely scenario.

([!] I believe this is being worked on already. There is a card that may include this change, if I read it right. Refer to the Chat Update card on the development Trello)

Last edited:

zegevlier

Level 23
Community Team
Developer
are being coded by the same three people
two*

This is actually in our backlog! In the chat update. We're working on other things right now, but from what I know this is a feature you can expect soon(no promises though). It might not be in exactly the way this is suggested, but the chat rooms listed in the checklist should do pretty much the same as this suggests.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your feedback, we've decided to accept your suggestion.

- We are already planning to add 'chat rooms' which will prevent specific things from being heard from inside/outside of classrooms, courtrooms, etc. Click Here

Users who are viewing this thread