Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

De3rp

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Avazil | Avazil#0069

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
PST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
One 7-day ban for glitching into an area, learnt from my mistakes in the past. And since then, it hasn't happened again.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes, but I prefer to not use it.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm mainly on every day for at least 3+ hours. That Vary's depending on if I'm busy or not.
I have also participated in some of SRP's factions, teams, college, gangrp. In which all my applications can be found in my forum posts.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
"I know quite a bit of my IRL knowledge, and some in SRP itself. Shintoism has always fascinated me. And I can learn pretty well. I'm prepared and willing to learn anything and everything I can about the religion. Count me on that."

Shintoism
Shintoism is an East Asian religion, most formally from Japan. In which Shinto means 'way of the gods/kami'. Shintoism is an ancient religion that has started at least as long as 1000 B.C.E. Yet is still practiced today by millions of others, followers of the religion believe that spiritual powers exist in the natural world.
That being said Shintoism is the eldest religion in Japan, to exist. Shinto's key includes the concepts of.

Purity,

Harmony,

Family respect,

Subordination.

Beliefs
From people's beliefs there are eight million god's aka Kami, through-out Japan itself. The shrine, or in general shrines are often scattered around Japan. Which are often seen as the symbol that westerners associate with Shinto. Most people seem to think that shrines are for worship. It's most formally believed that tree's, stones, mountains. everything, has a spirit.

Kami

Gods

Heavenly objects

"There's many and more to count."

Worship
Now going into more detail about the worship, Shinto's is highly ritualized. In which it follows a strict protocol, order, and overall control. Either taking place at home or shrines... this is the order in which it goes. These rituals serve a purpose, to keep the evil spirits away by purification, prayers, and offerings to the Kami in return.

Toss money in the box.

Bow twice

Clap twice

Keep your hands together

Pray

Clap once

Bow once

Main Key's
Briefly talking about this before some of the main beliefs, and concepts of shinto are.

Purity

Physical well-being

Harmony

Procreation/fertility

Family + ancestral solidarity

Subordination of the individual to THE group

Reverence of nature

Everything has potential for BOTH good and bad

The tama of the dead can influence the living.

Offerings
"When entering a Shinto shrine, you can often stumble upon envelopes, bags of rice, sake, etc. In which are all offerings to the Kami that are also known as Osonaemono. These offerings have different kind of names for each type of liquid, food, or item.
"You can ask a fellow priest or shrine staff if you want to place any of these offerings. Letting the priest take the items and inform the Kami about it."

Sake; Omiki

Cash; Ohatsuho

Rice; Kenmai

"When you are getting ready to do your offer add noshi paper on the item. Using ink, you can write what the type of item you are offering on it. Adding your name to the paper afterward. DONT cover any type of food in paper if it's in a box, or container of any sort."

"On top of this. Cash can be a private ceremony; (gokitoh). There's no specific amount you shouldn't give. But the lowest you probably should go is 3k-5k. 3k for having a prayer, and 5k for the gokitoh."

I'm always open in to Look into more or learn more about the Religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
Though everyone's applications are all unique, I overall want this role to see the aspect of this side of RP. As everything else, I've been progressing into doing so... and know SRP's lore and finding Japan fascinating overall. I'd like to learn more and teach others about it. My skills of listening, and remembrance can be quite good to something I find intriguing. I'm a quick learner, and a good sport.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I do understand and am looking forward to it.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

'Hyosuke' Zennix.

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single.

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese.

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-371-6990

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
"Growing up, I didn't have much of a person to rely on. I had to do things alone and grant my own education. The living style growing up, wasn't the best. and so, I resorted to Shintoism. Having my beliefs, and praying gave me something to rely on when times were low. Having those connections and worshiping putting my life into the Kami. Is what I long for, as they gifted me strength, tranquility. And so much more."

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
"I Know many, and multiple things about the Monastery itself. such as Prayers, and Basic main keys. There was three Monastery's throughout Karakura's time. The first in which burnt to a crisp in 1176. The second Monastery built, like the first. had also resorted into burning down. Which took place in the Azuchi-Momoyama time stamp aka 1228. Now, with the one we resign with today. The third Monastery, tucked away behind Karakura's tall mountains. Constructed in 1617, and still standing to this day."

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
"Dear Monastery Lead, you are sincerely receiving this letter for my request into your faction. It would be my pleasure to serve next to you as a Priest. After the time, and effort I have put into my beliefs. And my religion, I have wanted to proceed in this for quite some time. I give you my oath, and hope to strive as strong as you."
Sincerely 'Hyosuke' Zennix.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Whilst raised in Japan, Hyosuke had found himself stuck. Having his parents absent and pushed aside. He was to fend to himself, making food. Cleaning his house, making a job. And getting in a field of education over the years. With the constant stress as a child, he was adopted by Eli Zennix. Into the Zennix family, and given a stable relationship with others. And pure life advice, confidence and ethics. These words, and actions took place into his emotions overall. And gifted him a route to success.

As he grew older, he decided on what his main focus wanted to be. Shintoism, studying into that he worked hard and long to access a career. And finally have the dream he longed for, to come true.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

"Priests in the Shinto religion of Japan have multiple duties. They officiate at all shrine ceremonies. on a request of the worshippers. Meaning their main role is to ensure the continuance of a satisfactory relationship through the Kami and worshiper. This can range from offerings, evocation, meditation. Along with other practices such as Purification, Ritual dances, and visitations. Which Maidens may also partake in.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

R (1).jpg
"Before entering, you should see a Torii gate. Bow once before proceeding."

"You must wash your hands, a temizuya will be provided for you at the shrine's entrance. This is to purify the body before entering, here worshippers wash their hands and mouth with the cool water in an act of the ritual. (Purification)"

Pick up a hishaku dipper provided on the temizuya, you must fill it with some water from the basin and pour a little amount over your left hand.

Switch the dipper into your left hand and pour a tiny amount of water over your right hand.

With the hishaku in your right hand, proceed to pour a little bit of water into your left hand to use it and rinse your mouth.

Once again, pour a little bit of water over your left hand. And then turn the dipper upright so that the remaining water rinses the handle ..

Empty the dipper completely and return it back to its original position.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

19695734069_030433a68e_o.jpg

Place your coins into the offering box, or settle your object down beside the box.

After doing so jingle the bell that is near the table.

Proceed to bow twice.

Clap twice.

Bow once more.

"Keep in mind that anywhere from 1-500 yen coins, are considered unlucky."

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

"The tea ceremony takes place in a Tea house, which ideally is a small structure. But is often simply a special room of a house. Maiden's and Priest's take great care of the house."

"The tea ceremony consists of the host bringing the tea utensils into the room, offering the guest some sweets and preparing/serving them tea made out of pulverized tea Leafs stirred in boiling hot water. On specific occasions, thicker tea. (koicha) is made."

"After the guests have consumed the tea, guests are free to get various implements that are afterward carried from the room. Leaving the ceremony concluded."

Wear something modest.

No jewllery.

No perfume, over overwhelming scents.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

1280px-Tamagushi_on_an_an.jpg
"Tamagushi, aka "Jewel skewer" is a Shinto offering made from a sakaki-tree branch. The branch itself is decorated with various types of:"
Papers

Silks

Cotton

Shide

"At weddings, or funerals. These and other ceremonies are presented to a Kami. As it's an ancient offering."

R (2).gif
"Ofuda's are intended for a specific purpose. Such as protection against calamity, misfortune, safety, finding love. Most one's are to bless whatever you stick it to. Mainly for protection, from a spirit that drives harm your way."

"These have a very strong connection to shrines, due to the writing on it. They call upon the same spirit or deity that shrine honors."

"Made out of the following materials"

Paper

Wood

Cloth or Metal

unnamed.jpg
"Kagura Suzu, the Kagura (Divine Entertainment Bell) is a special ritual tool. They may not be used at home worship, and they are normally being used by a priest during a ceremony. Strict at shrines. During the Ritual dance."

Two bells on the top

four bells on the middle

Six bells on the bottom.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
N/A

───────────────────────────────────────

Attachments

• 4b08293e88d06e59be2e3c813222a1b4.jpg
    4b08293e88d06e59be2e3c813222a1b4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 174
  • 1686809596134.png
    1686809596134.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 1686809669198.png
    1686809669198.png
    916.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 875671600.jpeg
    875671600.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a priest, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread