Arkkwolf
Rich

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Spiritual Synopsis
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

『••✎••』
A Recount of Spiritual Events within Karakura

OOC NOTE:
All information (not including the photos) was created from in character knowledge of my Shinsei and Seinaru Monastery maiden Hanae Tominaga. Because of this, this forum post will be updated constantly as more in character knowledge is gained. Please enjoy the reading.

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Index
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Key Words

Yokai
- evil spirits consisting of demons, monsters, spirits, etc.
Kami - good spirits inhabiting aspects of nature. Worshiped by Shintoism believers.
Spirit Realm - the resting place of ancestors.
Ofuda - a talisman meant to ward off evil spirits.
Omamori - an amulet meant for good luck and to protect from evil spirits.
Shamisen - a traditional three-stringed instrument with a square body.
Shinai - a japanese sword made of bamboo, practiced with many martial art styles.

Key Characters (Non Spirits)

Ahma K. Ukiyo
- Naishoten (Head Miko)
Yu Soyonakaharu - Guji (Head Shinkan)
Erina Hozumi - Shinkan
Toru Karwai - Shinkan
Kiara Shi****mi - Shinkan
Sakura Harukichi - Miko
Sumiko Yashimaru - Miko
Subaru Narusaka - “the hero boy”
Mee-young Jaibatsume - “The Key”
Sefu Tanaka - Possessed boy
Mieko Tashiro - Possessed Girl
Isoroku Edgeworth - Possessed Cop

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Spirit Index
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Chucky
Hirose
Hwan Jaibatsume
Mi-cha Jaibatsume
Kajiwara Haniko
Shibata Saburo
Satomi
Tenua
Sefu's Spirit
Edgeworth's spirit
Rini's Spirit
Spirit Name​
General Information​
Notes​

Chucky

Current Status:
Sealed
Spirit type: Unknown
Weaknesses: overwhelming light​

-Reverses to "she'll be mad” as a threat
-attacks in twos before retreating
-bleeds blood similar to humans
-obsessed with fire
-faster in shadows
-Appearance: chucky the doll, hard as stone, yet soft?
-Favorite person: Ichigo Masanori, he looked like a chucky the doll.​
Hirose

Current Status: Sealed
Spirit type: human spirit?
Weaknesses: Ofudas & Omamoris
Appearance: ill appearance of Mieko Tashiro.​

-Died in asylum
-Terrorizes Mieko Tashiro, shapeshifts into a form of her.
-Possibly disrupted from rest by a car crash into the asylum.
-Possible vendetta against Mieko for being the only witness to the crash
-Capable of possession | possessed Mieko after a ouija board accident.
-Possible remorseful or proud of distressing a person (not Mieko, subject unknown)​

Hwan Jaibatsume (Nikushimi)

Current Status: Sealed
Spirit type: human spirit.
Weaknesses: apple of eden​

-Jealous of human form, longs for a body.
-tempts morals with offerings claiming knowledge and protection.
-Origin: the forest altar.
-died (age 14) in a mountain accident along with Mi-cha Jaibatsume (sister), fell from the cliff.
-12,000 years old
-Weapon: Katana, heirloom of Mee-young's family.​

Mi-cha Jaibatsume (Yuna)

Current Status: Not Sealed
Weaknesses: apple of eden​

-"Little girl" spirit
-died (age 12) in a mountain accident along with Hwan Jaibatsume (brother), fell from the cliff.
-127 years old
-related to Mee-young
-peaceful
-advice giving/helpful spirit​

Kajiwara Haniko

Current Status: Not Sealed
Weaknesses: unknown​
-very aggressive
-dislikes animals
-Death: by train | body never found
-Appearance: school uniform, deformed human appearance, one leg.
-Possible student before death.​

Shibata Saburo

Current Status:
Not Sealed
Spirit type: human spirit
-died in train station
-elusive, possibly shy, little known
-extremely dangerous/aggressive​

Satomi

Current Status: Unknown

- Haunts classroom # 315 | R. Hallward
-"special" connection to R. Hallward, very knowledgeable about said spirit.
-Aggressive, lonely, “all knowing”
-appearance: brown hair, pale, bobcats school uniform.​

Tenua

-A man named Hashirama supposedly killed the spirit's daughter.
-gravestone of Tenua located in the hideout.​
Sefu's Spirit

Spirit type: Yokai
Weaknesses: Omamoris​

-Sefu Tanaka's spirit, supposedly has control over the spirit.
-possessed Sefu for months.
-Not very aggressive​

Edgeworth's spirit

Spirit type: Yokai
Weaknesses: Omamoris​

-Possessed a KPD officer and attempted to tempt him to shoot another.
-Dangerous, bold, blood driven.​

Rini's Spirit

Spirit type: TBD
-stabbed Rini and Neo Corvid within their home
-enjoys games involving clapping​

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Recollection & Experiences
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Act 1 | The Battle

I knew of them. Of what I was taught in schooling and yet I could have never imagined what it truly was like in reality. We all like to imagine the world in light of what it truly is. And with that the world beyond our own. And I too believed in the beauty of the world of spirits. That each and every ancestor of years past looked down upon their kin with the intent to bless them. I believe and still do that the spirit realm is not biased off who is considered a holy and unholy entity. Souls of humans, people, live there, each relative you’ve ever had passed on. Well, that is what I imagined. Though unfinished business seems to stalk the streets. There are two categories of evil beings. What we in shintoism call Yokai, devils, monsters, those spirits' only intention is to disrupt the natural order of the world. Yokai are evil, some can become what we worship as Kami. The good spirits. And some Yokai can become jealous and hateful if they cannot achieve such a status. We have many methods of dealing with Yokai. But spirits that do not register under such a category are no easy feat in removing. These spirits can be anything that are not yokai and it can be difficult to tell the two apart. In my experience most of the spirits that inhabit our town are not yokai. Which leads me to the reason I am writing this. It is in a lack of better words a way to keep track of my experience and thoughts. Perhaps being able to piece together the small details so I, and the rest of the shrine staff, can end this conflict. With that in mind, I suppose I should recount the tale in full. Starting with the rumors that had begun to curl.

There had been several reports of beings walking in the forest. I assumed it was human of course, Karakura is criminal. They spoke of these characters from horror movies, killers. And I just ignored it. It was the way of this city. Yet one thing did not sit pretty in my mind, the rumors and stories of guests who claimed something far less of this world. And despite my knowledge of Kami and Yokai I did not realize there could be anything else. Human spirits were meant to leave for the spirit realm, whether good or evil. And yet…

I had been discussing these conflicts with some guests, unable to give them any form of relief for these issues. It felt horrible and I felt utterly useless. And then I heard on the wind, the faint whisper of a child. And I turned to look around and saw nothing. But her terrified voice, speaking of how lonely and cold she had been sent a bitter chill through my bones. And quickly after another voice proclaimed to leave, for more were coming. And then my coworker appeared. She and I both agreed that day I had been hearing things, the irritability of rumors getting to me. And yet it still held a grasp on me. Later that day, I heard the second voice again. One I would soon name Nikushimi. He knew of my past, and whispered lies in my ear. He told me about my mother, who had passed on in childbirth of me. I had to shake him away and stand my ground, spirits are crafty things, they get inside your head and make you bend to their wishes. He left as the sun rose. And I was left wondering when he might make a return. I didn’t wait long to find out. This second time, he was more persistent that I listened to his deceit. Nikushimi offered to let me speak with my mother in exchange for an offering, which I declined. Because offering anything to a dark spirit will cause unthinkable things to occur. And no spirit deserves that worship but the Kami. He appeared to me in a physical form, a tattered raincoat covering his figure. His skin was a translucent opaque yellow, blue and gray spots dotted the skin. I tried to ignore his temptations but it was difficult. And soon he tried to interact with guests. He ruined a tarot reading I had been doing. Pulling the most horrifying cards. He rambled on of a blue haired girl and she came to the shrine that same day. Someone I learned was named Mee-young. She would become very important later on. Nikushimi was becoming more and more aggressive so I brought the guests who were in the shrine out and clear of the forest. When I returned he was still there, but not alone. They resided in an old room behind a door in the shrine’s cave. Nikushimi and the little girl quarreled. I named the little girl Yuna. They spoke in phrases I would soon put together, he spoke of a tree and an apple that had seemingly injured him. But once he sensed my presence he vanished. Though I did get an explanation from Yuna, as to the bitterness behind his intent. They had been spirits for 12,000 years. Meaning they were not yokai, they were human spirits. Over these years Nikushimi had grown jealous of those with human form. Unable to move on in this jealousy he roamed seeking a host for this anger. And then she vanished. Without another word. And I was left to wonder what I could do knowing this. I wanted to save them, call me a blind, unrealistic fool. But I wanted them to be free of that agony. And yet I also wanted to rid them of the place. For the sake of our citizens. And that was my fatal flaw.

The third appearance of Nikushimi happened when several of my coworkers were present, including my Naishoiten, Ahma. And this is where the spirit became far too dangerous. He held a blade, a katana, while physically manifesting he held it. And I could not believe my eyes. He tried to stab several guests but was unsuccessful. And he vanished once more. These appearances were not the only spiritual situations I had to take into account. The fear of guests of the shrine and the stories that they told. I tried my best to comfort them, to be there, but I was only one person in hundreds of stories. And it broke my heart. The stress of all this would take its toll. But I waited till the very end to actually let it all sink in. Later on Ahma and I, as well as two other shrine staff decided to focus our efforts on where the largest number of sightings had happened. A campfire near the entrance of the forest. We were fools. But we wanted answers, and the spirits delivered. The fire became out of control and the smoke consumed everything. One exclaimed when I asked why they caused chaos, that it was fun. And another wanted to burn my Ofuda. Which was meant to ward them off. Fire. One really liked fire. It seemed to love the idea of comparing my hair to fire. I do wonder if I had been close enough, would it have thrown me in?

Subaru was a braver kid than half the people in this town. Let me make that clear. He comes into this story as someone who had experienced the spirits. And he mentioned a day after I had met Mee-young, of an apple someone possessed. They claimed it had protection abilities. And it seemed too good to be true. I swore that had to be the answer. But he refused to tell me who owned it. Rambling on about an offering he had to give for the protection of his siblings. And I could not allow him to do it at the shrine. Frankly, I didn't want him to do it at all. After much talk, I got him to show me where he intended to do the offering. A run down altar outside the bear cave of the forest. It was surrounded by stone pillars and a well in the center. Nothing happened that night. But soon it would become all too clear the importance of that altar. He finally revealed to me days later who possessed the apple. Mee-young, the one the spirits had whispered of. She came to the shrine and we spoke. I held the apple and I felt an odd sensation in doing so. It was a powerful item. And soon Subaru, Mee-young, and I plotted something. With the knowledge I now know, I regret that choice with every fiber of my being. Subaru hid the apple on his person and attempted to make an offering to the spirit, Nikushimi. And what transpired I cannot say in words other than eye opening and terrifying. It tried to kill Subaru, but the apple protected him, Nikushimi was badly injured and fled. But Yuna whispered in my ear the mistake I had just made. Subaru was not alright after that. He was placed in a coma. I endangered who I had sought to protect. And for that I cannot be forgiven of the sin. The spirit was angry. Nikushimi was out for blood.

What I thought was the final showdown was just the end of a battle and the start of a war. He stalked the gates of the forest, pulling in victims and slicing them with that katana. And I stood and watched it all in horror. What had I done? Yu, our guji, appeared as if she could hear the terror in my inner thoughts. And we entered the forest back to back in a battle that I did not think I’d survive. It attacked from behind. Everytime. We linked together and Yu explained we needed to find its origin. And I knew what it was we were meant to find. The altar. It was the only thing that could possibly be of importance. Suddenly a cop sprang forward, Yu and I became distracted, and Nikushimi took the chance. He lunged forward nearly missing me in what would have been a stab clean through. How I survived I still do not know. We fought through the woods, and Nikushimi split Yu’s staff in two. And we made it to the altar. Holding him off by her two halves of the staff, she’d thrown me a vile, of which I didn’t know the contents, and with haste I emptied it into the altars well. And it was finished. He screamed this terrible, quaking scream and dispersed. A page floating down slowly in front of You and I. It was a drawing of a little girl and boy, in a field.

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Seven days. That was the amount of time the seel we performed would last. And it was not nearly enough to find a permanent solution. And he was not the only spirit. As the days ticked by and the rumors spread I heard more and more of the different spirits. And I knew it was only a matter of time till I met them too. It was only a matter of time until someone else was killed. And there were many.

The general had been wounded, but the soldiers were coming for blood.

Act 2 | War

I heard whispers of the little girl on a few occasions. Just one or two. She whispered of spirits being the strongest in convergence, which I did not understand at the time meant them coming together, multiple. I heard rumors and stories from guests about spirits all over Karakura. The two who had been at the train station for years. One that had appeared within the school, at least three or four spirits in the woods, including Yuma and Nikushimi, and one or more roaming wherever they pleased. There was fear and panic all around. And no one seemed safe.

Nikushimi returned. Vengeful. We had just accepted new shrine members, and it striked when I was with them. It plunged at me, angrily. And I was surprised to hear yet again Nikushimi’s connection to Mee-young. The katana he wielded belonged to her family, an heirloom that he had somehow come to possess despite his spiritual form. No one was hurt yet again. But I knew this luck was not to stay.

Several people came running into the shrine over the next few days with requests for an audience about spiritual encounters. Yet every time I was in the woods, they had already gone and passed. It could have been a blessing, if not for the fact I was no help in saving the victims who did experience these interactions. Each time a missed opportunity. And I could do nothing at all.

I spoke with Yuna once during this, where she explained my mistake and foolishness of the approaches I had been taking. I had sought to erase Nikushimi, and perhaps all the other spirits. When they could never simply be erased, they had to be sealed, and moving them past was nearly impossible. She told me I should stop while I was ahead, I was not yet dead and that was enough. But I was too far in and cared too much about the citizens of karakura to simply turn a blind eye. And so I refused the advice of Yuna, for the first time. Nikushimi lurked around the shrine, trying to scare the guests. He managed to outwit me. And as I stood below near the tea house, I witnessed Nikushimi appear behind Sora, a newly acquired maiden, and shove her off the side of a ledge. He stared down at me when I made it up there, he knew what he had done and the grief it had caused me. And I knew at that moment, I would not be so lucky to survive this unscathered. In fact I was quite scared already. Though I would not accept this true mental burden till much later.

It was calm. For way too long. And as I waited for the impending doom, it came in the form of an innocent child. Who’s friends claimed he was possessed. Though I could not tell if he was, for he acted quite sane. He seemed upset at them, irritable yes, but not in the fashion of a spirit. I should have listened to his friends. I got a text from his friend, a girl, Niyoko. And I rushed to the powerplant, a place I had been told never to go, to find him locked in a room, with people surrounding the door. And he was well and truly possessed. In a fear that broke my heart. I did not know what to do, but from what I remember of Yu’s words, you needed a strong mentality to break their grasp. This kid, named Sefu, held an omamori which Niyoko claimed had kept him safe. And I tried to speak to him and bring him back to his own mind. With the help of several people, we brought him back to the shrine. Although I had never done an exorcism before I tried my best. I lattered pure spring water on him, and performed a ritual dance for cleansing. He tried to run, which he was promptly stopped by his friends. And I talked in depth with him about what he had been experiencing. These spirits had been with him for months, though only one of two remained at that point. And he told me he could control them and make them leave his mind. And I realized, he had found control of them. Mastered the skill in his suffering. I did not envy his position, but I envied that ability. To drive the spirits away. And he said he would, so I let him go.

Now you must understand one thing clearly, while a possession is very much physical in some ways. It is an overwhelming mental take over. That can lead to persuasion of physical action. Spirits go into one's mind and pick it apart, any flaw, weakness, or fear can be manipulated into a large terrifying issue. That they can then form to their liking. Bending a subject to do as they please. The more mentally unstable the victim, the more they have to work with. If someone had complete control of their mind and did not allow the spirits to take control, even after this persuasion, then they could not be possessed. But that is far easier said than done.

Exhibit A. The recent events of which three officers came to the shrine begging for assistance. After a mess of twists and turns I found myself in the hospital. On the opposite end of a door, there was a cop, holding another at gunpoint. My coworker Erina was there with them. At one point they managed to restrain him and mido him so he was passed out. I was let into the room with my other coworker Sumiko, and the three of us did a cleansing ritual on him. To rid the spirit of his presence. I did not know if it was a yokai or not, but I had my suspicions. They had given the possessed cop an omamori and he came back to himself with some persuasion. If that is truly the case. The spirit was a yokai, frightened by the item. We did a cleansing ritual on the entire hospital room as well before I left to head back to the shrine.

All of these interactions were driving me insane from the inside out. They got into my head without doing a thing. And I didn’t have the energy to stop all the things that had happened from happening. I felt this overwhelming sense of hopelessness, like I couldn’t stop it, I was possessed, but not like how those I had helped. They sucked me clean of my passion and my love. I broke apart what I worked so hard to craft despite this difficulty and I didn’t have the energy to save it. They sucked me dry, and all they had to do was distract me and play enough games to make me go insane. And give up. But letting them win is not an option. I would rather put down my life than let this go on any longer. The amount of suffering I’ve seen of their hands, I could not turn a blind eye to those pleas and screams.

These spirits are growing restless, the closer it becomes. Someone told me today, a spirit said they all disappear on the full moon. I don’t know if I believe the tongues of their tales. We were in a shrine meeting today when I got a call from a close friend of mine who explained the oddest situation. They had been in the sewers, for what reason I know not, when a spirit appeared. It took on the appearance of Chucky the doll from that one horror movie. It apparently stabbed several people. We paused the meeting to investigate but found nothing. We collected a few witnesses from the incident, as well as a father and daughter pair who experienced something entirely different. The chucky situation was explained. And it seemed rather peculiar, he had not inhabited some sort of object doll but rather fully taken on its appearance. They said he moved faster in the shadows and attacked in twos. One, two, down.

The father daughter duo moved onto another situation. One where they explained a spirit had been following specifically the daughter. Taking on a very ill form of her. They knew he had been locked in an asylum, where he later died. And this spirit had reconvened after the crash of a vehicle into the asylum. Apparently this daughter, who I learned was named Mieko Tashiro, had been the only one to witness the crash. Which led us all to believe it harbored ill will of her for witnessing the events. Perhaps unsatisfied with the results of her reaction or a number of other reasons. We concluded the meeting and I started work on something I’ve been calling the “spirit index” to organize all the spirits I know of and their different quarks.

The shrine staff have been working very hard to keep our city and its people safe from spirits. Yet it seems they do not care, they take our kindness for granted and play sick games. I got a tip about some children playing with an ouija board in our forest. As this has been the central hub of quite a few spirits I set out to investigate. And to my surprise, the three who were in the center holding the board, were three girls I had been trying to help with the spirit encounters. Kids I knew, knew better than to play those games and anger spirits. What's worse, they did everything you’re not supposed to do while using it. I won’t go into detail about the right and wrong way as I don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea and decide it's safe and fun when done right. That is far from the case, spirits are very unpredictable even the slightest mistake or choice of word can set them off. But in short the girls were not being respectful and following proper procedures. We got them to break it up and one of the girls, Mieko, the girl I mentioned previously in this tale, retreated into a forest cabin.

Let me make it clear, they were making this ouija board spectacle a show, so there were at least twenty people. At one point she came out of a small room and began attacking people at seemingly random and angry outlashes. This little girl was sweet, as if she’d been completely brainwashed. It was then it became apparent she was possessed. By the spirit they had been contacting. I couldn’t help but wonder if this was the shape shifting spirit finally unable to hold back its dislike for her. In any case it was a large back and forth. Somewhere during the time Erina arrived, I assume someone went to the shrine and brought her back. Some of the audience of the ouija game held her down. She managed to wiggle out of their grasp and burn my Ofuda as Erina and I tried to exercise the spirit. Meaning it was a yokai, however if this was the same spirit that had been following her, that yokai classification conflicted with my original thoughts. As I was told, Mieko's spirit, a human, died in Karakura’s asylum. After finally expelling the spirit we took her back to the shrine to cleanse her.

I could feel his presence on the wind, but I never once saw him since that day at the shrine. Nikushimi had been free for several weeks, though I did not know what spirit was cruelly twisting the people I had my assumptions. It was a quiet night, the sun was setting below the sky and Erina and I were speaking of personal matters. I was so wrapped up in thought, as I stared out at the forest before. And when the coated figure of his outline dashed below my vision, I sprang back in fear. Though I refused to let my guard be thwarted. I stood firm and I waited. He came at us several times, with that Katana of his. Taunting us, of how we could not seal him, we were powerless. And then his presence trailed off, and into the woods below. The aura was unkind as always, but the eeriness gripped me. Almost a haunting, yet not hollow threat. We rushed below, and I exclaimed to the citizens who had ventured inward to leave. They laughed at me. And when I prompted more they became aggressive with me. I pleaded, begged practically. But they did not listen. And in the midst of this, my focus solely on their safety, he ran the katana over my arm, slicing it at the skin. I cried out in pain and those citizens chuckled. They said it must have been a branch and I was stupid. And it hurts. The shrine staff and I have risked our lives time and time again, yet when I attempt to do so in front of someone's very eyes, they laugh at my own pains, pains I took for them.

In my shocked state, Nikushimi striked several victims over the course of an hour. As I pleaded tirelessly, and ushered people out of the woods. He stabbed three people, and they were taken to the hospital. I tried to reason with him, I did not want pain, and I knew his jealousy had driven him down this path. Yet when I exclaimed his past to him, he said he did not even remember his name. And when I mentioned his sister, he scoffed proclaiming she was already dead. I asked him, did he not want to join her? I tried to reach for the human bits and pieces of his past life, but he could not recall. 12,000 years of overwhelming jealousy and thirst for human form had left him in ruin, and I realized I could not save him at that moment. Though I knew it all along, I didn’t want to accept that painful reality.

And before I could utter another word to him, Nikushimi materialized in front of me with a grin and a mocking set of words. “Do not let yourself be next Hanae.” Before he plunged that red ribbon katana clean through my right arm. And I dropped to my knees in agony, screaming as I held it. Blood oozing between my fingers. He laughed wildly, this game of his was sick and he loved every minute of it. And then… what I had dread to hear, he exclaimed. “MIDNIGHT FINALLY.” And as I’m sure everyone who had been there in that moment felt, the overwhelming sensation as if your head was being torn from your torso. Being ripped as if it was nothing more than paper from your spinal cord. I was snatched up by someone there as they all ran for their lives towards the forest entrance.

I bit my tongue heavily, shaking the pain. The danger was far from over. I had Erina dig from my pockets a vile, containing purified spring water and various herbs meant to ward spirits off. I grabbed another of several with my good arm. I tied off the bleeding with part of my Kimono, ripping the bottom skirt. And Erina and I re-entered the forest. I knew the odds of us coming out alive were slim and yet this was the last chance. And I was willing to risk that with everything I had. We attempted a ritual dance but Nikushimi cut the strings of our Shamisens. A band of cops appeared in the doorway of the forest ushering citizens out. They attempted to do so with Erina and I but we both refused. This was our only chance. However when Erina was snatched from behind me and dragged into the woods a chase ensued. When we took her back, we stayed just outside of the forest boundary. But then, Sumiko arrived. And this situation was so dire, we ran back a third time. Through the back of the church, so that the cops could not stop up. Nikushimi stood looking down at us all over the campfire. He stood, frozen in the air. Two cops, Edgeworth and another female had their guns drawn. They wanted to shoot it. If only it were that simple. And from behind me, when I thought all looked rather desperate, staggering towards us in a booming voice, was Yu. Our guji. Our savior I dare say. She shook in such a triumphant and towering tone. And one day I wish to be able to emulate what she is able to. Nikushimi came towards her and raised her Shinai to block his advances. She was truly a warrior. Spiritually, mentally, and physically. She managed to knock him to the floor, and I took the opportunity the spring forth, pouring the vile on him. But foolishly in my rushed state, I had forgotten why he wore a raincoat. Yu pulled her Ofuda from her pocket while he was distracted with the water, slamming it against him. Breaking his katana, as it splintered into shards. And he disappeared, the cry of pain, echoing into another section of the woods. The altar.

When we arrived Nikushimi had sunk into the water, cowering. He was weak. I pulled forth my Ofuda and Omamori and waved it at him, he grabbed Erina in desperation. And I screamed, sung, prayed a chant as I stood over him in that well. “Be gone spirit. This is your end. In the name of Chiharu-Yamatsumi you shall be rid of.” And they all joined in. Erina, Yu, Sumiko, Edgeworth and that female cop. And the last of his strength dimmissed and he sunk into the well, never to be seen again. We all worked together to lift a boulder over the well, shutting the gate. But before it tumbled upon the water, a page slipped from the well. Not unlike the drawing we had seen previously to him being sealed. And it read…

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

And I cried. In agony of all we had been through, in the pain of knowing he might be able to see her again, and in the relief of him being gone and us being free. And Yuna came before me once again. She exclaimed there was one spirit remaining. And I assured her, I told her we could seal her too, and she explained, now that Nikushimi was gone, she could never return to peace. And that was what hurt most of all.

It wasn't over, except… there were more. Mieko had been wandering the woods, and there was a search for her. Though Erina insisted I finally see a doctor about my arm. And I reluctantly agreed. But from a hole in the forest fence, I saw a spirit, Mieko’s spirit. And the upset distant voice of Mieko walking away. That was what Yuna meant by “there was one left.” I argued with Erina and finally fought to speak with her. And my suspicions were all correct. Her reason for unrest, the outcome of a car crashing into the asylum, her resting place. And I asked if he wanted to rest and he refused. Vanishing as the sun rose.

My arm was treated. Stitches hurt, I'll tell you that much. But that was not my worry. For we were so close to the end of this. One last spirit. Besides that of the train spirits. Though those would be a different deal altogether. I knew the next opportunity was fast approaching. And it came at such a convenient time. When many of my colleagues were around. Sakura, Ahma, Sumiko, Toru, Erina, Kiara, and I all came running at the plea of Mieko. She led us to the fish pond, near the large fire. And after a very long agonizing number of minutes Mieko’s spirit appeared. He offered a game, one we did not get a choice in playing. At some point we stood in front of the large campfire in the center of the woods. As Mieko’s spirit and Yuna bickered back and forth. Yuna proclaimed how terrible he was for doing these sick games. And the spirit grabbed Yuna, throwing her within the fire, and she dispersed. Standing over the fire was Mieko’s spirit, chuckling in pure sinisterness, holding her hat. He said if we could find it, then we could have her back. And he did it somewhere in the woods. There were several of us looking, so we found it quite easily. And we stood over Nikushimi’s altar assessing our situation. Yuna was free, though a bit chard and she exclaimed, we needed a knife and I knew where it was. A knife? I had never possessed or seen such a thing in my time there. Mieko’s ghost also whispered to me. Oddly enough trying to assist me. And I wondered if the spirit wanted one final sick game before leaving. He said “the knife that you would have driven into his heart if he ever cheated on you again.” How did that spirit know of my personal life? I knew not. Occam’s razor. That's what he wanted. The simplest answer was right. And yet I still couldn’t wrap my head around it. We headed for the asylum clueless at that point. But the spirit whispered once again, of a short mountain. And it made me think of Tenua, the spirit who had lost his daughter. I climbed the ridged slope to the top, along with my colleagues. And standing on the roof, Mieko beside her was the spirit. He taunted “go on.” Ahma climbed to the roof, knife in hand and attempted to stab the spirit. It stuck in his skin but it made no difference, he pulled it forth stabbing her back deeply in the arm. He proclaimed “this is a seal not a murder. How are you going to present yourself to Chiharu after this?” In bitter words. As if he could understand what pain and suffering had already caused. Ahma staggered back and we all climbed the roof. Together we chanted, holding our Ofudas and Omamoris. The spirit turned facing the ground and dived off the side in a weak manner, grabbing Mieko and pulling her off in the process. When we rushed downwards, Mieko was injured, though it was nothing serious. Finally, the spirit gave in. Going forth into the wishing well that stood against the house on that mountain. And all of us chanted a sealing spell together. For the final time. As the sun began to rise over the mountains, shining below on the beauty of the city we had fought so desperately to keep safe. And more than that the people who deserved a safer tomorrow. Mieko cried, painful tears, as he began to fade. And she called his name. Hirose. And with that. As the sun painted the sky, welcoming a new day and above that a safer tomorrow. The aura of the dark, jealous, pained spirits disappeared. We were finally free. And so were they in some form of the word. And as I looked between my coworkers, not my family, I knew we had done something only we knew how.

Though this may be one of many conflicts, we could end it, together as one.

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Photo References
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Group Photo - credit to Yipp1e
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Nikushimi’s First Sealing - credit to eccedentesiast
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Nikushimi’s awakening - credit to eccedentesiast
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Nikushimi’s Final Seal - credit to eccedentesiast
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
Hirose’s Demise - credit to stoppayingtaxes
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Last edited:

Aania

Level 177
Administrator
News Lead
Lore Team
Aania
Aania
Omega
Hehehe. Satomi and Hallward just besties okay.

Soo cool!!

Last edited:

dorian

Level 6
Community Team
Lore Team
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
Awesome post, love to see people talking more about the spirits that haunt our ghastly little town. Very neat !

rinis

Level 95
Community Team
Event Team
rinis
rinis
Omega
can't forget the haunted forest the shrine cleansed to make it into a zen garden

Rimuwu

Level 11
LozzyOzzy
LozzyOzzy
Omega
My favorite quote of all time comes from this. Back to back with Hanae Tominaga "we have to do this now, if I die...atleast I die with you.. my child"

DivingBlues

Level 12
Community Team
Lore Team
Didn’t see this until now but love it!!! Rini (my character) had two spirits but the main one stabbed her! Love it though had so much fun sealing clouds ghost

Users who are viewing this thread