KISMET#2376
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
CST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
No previous bans.
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
I do! It's pretty nice as well.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm very active on the server, if it was a scaling to 10; it'd be a 8/10. I'm on for 9-11 hours a day, sometimes longer! Usually this time is spent roleplaying on the account FoldableSpork with city factions, I'm often at the shrine as my main character. FamilyRP also takes a lot of my time! On that account I'm a college Master's student, and I'm on it most of my day. As, Sporksrgods is my newest alternate account. Though if I'm accepted, I'll become just as active on this account! I'm not enrolled in school currently. So I have plenty of time on my hands!

Please check my main account, FoldableSpork and Sallynator14, for activity if you do.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
I'm applying to be a Shrine Priest
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

Sallynator14
DISCORD NAME & TAG:
KISMET#2376
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
CST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
No previous bans.
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
I do! It's pretty nice as well.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm very active on the server, if it was a scaling to 10; it'd be a 8/10. I'm on for 9-11 hours a day, sometimes longer! Usually this time is spent roleplaying on the account FoldableSpork with city factions, I'm often at the shrine as my main character. FamilyRP also takes a lot of my time! On that account I'm a college Master's student, and I'm on it most of my day. As, Sallynator14 is my newest alternate account. Though if I'm accepted, I'll become just as active on this account! I'm not enrolled in school currently. So I have plenty of time on my hands!

Please check my main account, FoldableSpork, for activity if you do.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
I'm applying to be a Shrine Priest/Priestess!

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Shintoism is the worship of Kami, a spirit or phenomena. While usually multiple are worshipped, sometimes it is just one. Kami themselves are expressions of "Musubi" (Comprehensively covers concepts such as creation of energy, reproductive power, unity with people, fertility, and prosperity). Shintoism is a religon where ALL can be a kami. Mountains, rivers, most nature really. Though of course there is kami for creation, prosperity, fertility, etc. Though, there are bad kami. Usually called Yokai, they can be terrible beings.. or a young child with a large head who will attempt to give you rice a little too often.

I'm, VERY ready to learn more about Shintoism. It's one of my passions and I wish to learn as much as I can about it. I absolutely adore the practice, and respect it heavily.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
How I believe I stand out for this role over others, is my utter dedication to learning this practice. I've always tried learning more about it, but it appears sometimes I hit a road block. By being accepted, I can expand my knowledge further. While I know a lot about Geisha culture, Tea ceremony, festivals, etc. It appears theres always more to learn about Shintoism. I go on hours about the topic, how beautiful the thought of everything working in harmony together to create what is known as our earth.
Though, I also believe my activity of the shrine itself stands me out. I'm there quite often, as my main character's sister is a Shrine Maiden. She herself HEAVILY practices Shintoism, and I want to learn more for her sake and my own.

I'm well-versed in 'Ground-CareRP' Such as cleaning, or doing general housework. I believe to think I do a rather good job with my writing, and would love to put this into play more often at the shrine. Keeping it nice and clean for the Kami is very important after all!

Also, my character's personality and lore fits this perfectly. I'll go more detail into it later in the application, but in my personal story you'll learn much more!
I tend to teach others about the topic without trying! I end up rambling about it, and give them a whole lesson of what I've learned. I'd love to begin to do it as a job on my favorite server.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I absolutely do! I'm VERY excited about it as well.
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Kiara Yachetsu Shi****mi
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-991-8438

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
"Well, my personal motivation for wishing to work here.. is to follow behind my elder sister's foot steps after her passing. She was a shrine maiden for a long time, before her untimely death. I was always wishing to be one, seeing her with the family. My history is filled with a past of Priests and Maidens, I wish to continue this lineage as I grow older. I feel like I've missed out on a large part of my family's past. I've also taken note of the rarity of a shrine Priestess, I believe that the norm of a male with this role should be slowly broken. I can do just as well as the other Shinkan. Not only do I wish to serve the Kami, I want to preserve my family and history's tradition."

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
"While I personally don't know too much, I do know the shrine was built in June of 744, though an unfortunate fire burned it down. Originally it was a buddhist shrine, though slowly adapted over time. The Kami that resides in the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery is Yama-No-Kami. While thats, all I know, it's pretty good for a new visitor!"

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Monastery Lead,

I hope this reaches out well, as I am requesting the open position to become a Shrine Priest at Shinsei Seinaru Shrine. I have a large experience with shrines, care, and such tasks. Growing up in a heavily Shinto family, plenty of experiences have lead me further into my beliefs. I was a helper of the Hebunzubīmu Shrine back in my hometown from childhood since to a young adult! Due to a personal event, I wish to carry on this tradition my family has of becoming shrine hand, serving the Kami while teaching others of Shintoism. I'll be leaving towards Karakura shortly. Please consider me as a fit to become apart of your Monastery. I wish you a lovely day or evening and hope to work with you in the future.

My best wishes,
Kiara Shi****mi

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Kiara was born into an extremely high-class, close knit family of the decently known Hebunzubīmu Shrine that worships Izanami and Izanagi. An overseer, Naishoten, and Miko surrounded the family as the young girl was born. She was the youngest of her sister Manami and brother Hibe, and often babied! Upon her birth, she was given a gorgeous ceremony like her siblings. As Kiara's luxurious, yet simple life lead on; so did her love for her religon; Shintoism. The young child always prayed, preformed offerings, and observed as her family did shrine work. Often helping! However, as her sister left to go marry an oddly mysterious man at 17 and.. became a local singer? This life felt dull. Only seeing her sister during family reunions, her brother heading off to be a teacher. However, she was fortunate as her niece and nephew were born and her sister began to return as a helper of the family shrine and once again became a Miko. While taking study from her parents, and grandparents, her sister taught her everything. The two grew close, and even meeting Manami's husband Zenkoku. It, all felt great. Until an unfortunate ending of her sister's family. Kiara was miserable, seeing her sister grieve. Until eventually, word got in of Manami's death. While it's unknown of this demise, Kiara felt the need to continue her family's teaching. Finally, at the age of 34; she moved to Karakura to see her niece and nephew and applied to become a Miko; just like her family would've wanted all those years ago.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shinto priests often are in charge of purification rituals, and such other services offered at the Monastery, occasionally going out. Maidens also go out into the city few times, however their duties often remain in the Monastery. Their tasks can differ from performing both morning and evening rituals and general grounds work around the Shrine!

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
First you take the ladle resting on top of the water basin with your right hand and fill it with the fresh water. One ladle should be enough to preform the full ritual! Move your hands from the basin to prevent any spillage back into it. Pour the water into your left hand, then switch the ladle to your left and do the same to your right. Now, to cleanse your mouth. Do not sip from the ladle, pour some into a free hand and sip from there. Then spit the water onto the ground to finish. Lastly, you will clean the ladle. Tip the remaining water vertically so it will flow down the handle.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
To start the offering, you would first place said offering. The most commonly accepted offering is usually some coins of yen, and you would place your offering into the offering box. After this, you would swing the bell before bowing twice. You'd then clap twice shortly after. Praying isn’t needed after this and you would usually bow once more after.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea bowl is placed onto the tatami mat in front of yourself, with its front facing you. Pick it up with your right hand and place the bowl into your left palm. With your right hand, turn it clockwise by 90 degrees so that its front is not facing you. Drink the tea in a few sips and place it back onto the tatami.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
Kagura Suzu:
They are a special ritual tool. They are not used in home worship, or at the kamidana. Usually, they are being used by a priest during ceremony. Especially shrines which enshrine Ameno Uzume no Mikoto, or commonly, by miko.

Ofuda:
An ofuda is a talisman made out of multiple materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. Ofuda are commonly found in both Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples and are considered to be imbued with the power of the deities or Buddhist figures.

Tamagushi:
A form of Shinto offering made from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Kiara and her family line all worship the kamigami Izanami and Izanagi, as well as Amaterasu-Ōmikami.

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 194
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Shrine, after discussion your application has been ACCEPTED

Reach out to me on discord @ oZinth#0001 To get everything setup!

Users who are viewing this thread