Denied Springwood's Lore Team Application

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
IGN: Springwood

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): Springwood#2555

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?: Absolutely, my microphone runs perfectly and I can converse at any time.

Your time zone and current country of residence: CEST, The Netherlands

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
Staff-Team Application #3 > APPLICATION
Event-Team Application #1 > I couldn't locate the thread, I was unfortunately denied.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?: Absolutely

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team: University: I am always dynamic on both Discord and Roleplay Hub, and while school may jeopardize my development within the team at some times, the team will be informed as soon as something unexpected hinders my activity.

What makes you passionate about writing?: Writing has been a devotion for me, it is a way for me to gain an understanding on how the world really works, in my own words, of course. It has always been a wonderful experience for me to be able to express whatever comes to mind. The words I can use to constitute and set up my own imagination are truly incredible, and the various benefits writing has to offer blows my mind. I'm able to express and toss away what the real world has taught me, allowing me to broaden my worldview and performance.

Writing provides me the freedom to express myself in a variety of ways. I'm an optimistic teen with ’flamboyant’ ideas that I crystallize and put on paper or documents; writing allows me to create my own world, my own imagination. I truly love writing, writing passions me.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: Absolutely, I have thought and formed a variety of stories for local institutions and coursework. Writing has been my top priority, and I'm making the most out of it. As of now, I find myself playing a prominent role at the university where I study: in addition to the education I follow, writing is considered necessary in order to complete said education.

In your own words, give your definition of lore: Lore is a concept that supplants story; the term lore is based on timelines and backstories. Specifically in role-playing games or any game that takes place in a made-up universe, lore refers to the backstory or history of either a character or the chosen divine. Another way of describing what lore is for is as follows: lore is the notion of articulating and somewhat creating various stories about a specific subject, which can be anything from describing a character to an entire multiverse. In the end, it all falls under the same concept, lore.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines

[351 words]

Lucas stood in front of her, observing the love of his life. Nicole’s hands are clearly pinker than they should be, which can't be good, can it? Take a look at the bronze deity, for example. An elegant cut from the most exquisitely firm block, sunbaked to golden perfection, dressed lightly with a few slips of air stolen from pastel clouds. She's a fantasy plucked from the verdant, fertile eco friendly gardens where nature guards all of her prospective beauty fiercely.
But her hands are far too pink for that. The way she leans forward, her gaze locked on Lucas’, her posture and presence demanding that the entire room fade from brilliance to dull background gray, seems to hint at an explanation - she says: “My god! I'm sorry about my hands, hehe, unwary me.. But there's a red bolt of fire surging through me, and it's amassing in my palms, Lucas, where I'm closest to you. I'm literally asphyxiating under this cold blue shroud of social convention, dying to touch you. That's why my hands are pink; they're stained with rage and scant.”

“That's all well and good, but it doesn't alter the fact that too pink is too translucent, and a mishap.” he said. “Thank God for that, because if I didn't have a vulnerability, I'd be sitting here with this luminous glamor, wondering what the hell I was doing and constantly looking over my shoulder for the neon yellow sign.’’ ‘’It is not worth it, pal, go home.’’, it displayed. “I’m not sure what to do, Nicole.”, The eerie silence resulted in both parties sharing the same soul.

The feeling of genuine worry about their very minds imploding is a big concern by Lucas, the mind collapsing under the rhythmic thumping, pulsating thrill of electric indigo that's fired through every nerve for every beat. “I'm terrified of losing my composure and collapsing into the soft fabric smooth, raven black, flower scented pit I can feel opening just underneath me, Nicole.” Lucas' vision gradually shifted to her hands.

Her hands, nevertheless, are red in color.

Lucas’ hands are white.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

[374 words]

Mathias awoke to find himself encircled by black figures. "What am I doing here? What on earth is this?!", he inquired. "You create beauty through your attitude, leave a lasting impression through your behavior, make assertions through your elegance, and scream out through your actions. Mathias, you have been forwarded to the Seventh Gateway.", a deep voice concluded.

Plunging into the depths of fear, his heart pounded heavily and his mind was racing with the fear of being found, of being captured, of being taken engulfed his mind as he attempted to hide his emotions, which penetrated his nostrils and triggered only one more sense into his mind which was joined by that fear, but also another feeling: exhilaration, which like a guilty pleasure, protruded from the back of his head; Mathias knew in an instant what he got himself into. “You killed a woman and then fled for her life, she couldn't help but feel the adrenaline and know that this was his love, a guilty love. Mathias, do you know why you’re here?”, one of the figures said.

"No! I've never met any of you!”, Mathias' body was filled with bigotry and ignorance; he was well aware of what he had done. “Please- just leave me alone!", he said.

A person dressed entirely in white appeared in the center of the frame. "Could he be my savior? Am I saved?", Mathias reasoned. - "We feel strange admitting to this fact, almost as if we never do without peer influence. But, Mathias, it's finally time for your scheduled inversion of the flesh."

. . “Your story based on or around true events is an alternate reality with a different ending.”, The figure in all white proceeded to remove their cloak whereas the remaining figures proceeded to do the same. "You need to find her, Mathias. I’m sorry.”, Mathias' expression changed prematurely; the figure in all white appeared to be his mother, shortly after something which seemed to look like a scythe was guided towards the male’s heart. Mathias' life was brutally taken from him, and he never got a chance to find out why.

Mathias was shortly after reported as missing, he was nowhere to be found: he was completely removed from existence.

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
The reasons for your denial include:
- Your history on the server has led to the team's weariness and reluctance to accept you onto a community team for the time being, but we encourage you to eventually reapply in the future.
- Your writing style is quite nice with dialogue, but the lore team focuses more on historical recounts than anything. Try writing something that relies less on character dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread