Community Team
Media Team
vaao
vaao
Rich+

[!] You would have received a notification from the Derevo family group chat

[OOC]

LORE

The Derevo family’s business started in the early 1900’s; selling, buying and trading art in order to have a regular rotation of artists displayed in their various galleries worldwide.

Originating in Russia, the family’s rich history would have started off in a small art studio just outside of Moscow. Dmitriy and Yana Derevo were the earliest known members of the family, and they were passionate artists. Having enjoyed the collecting of art as well as the creation of their own, the idea of starting a small art gallery for their collection to be enjoyed by the public was always an idea lingering in their minds. In the 1920’s, the family would have sold a few of their valuables in order to purchase an extension to their studio, where they could open their doors to the public and display the various pieces they had collected over the years. Because of their location on the outskirts of the city, locals as well as people living just outside Moscow flocked to the small gallery for an opportunity to view art without having to navigate the busy streets of the city. In time, the gallery had gained enough traction and donations to have sufficient funds to open in the center of Moscow. In the 1950’s, after World War II, the next generation of Derevos would have opened another location.

The second location of the gallery was an instant hit, drawing in tourists and exposing people to various unknown foreign artists who had found their way into the Derevo collection during their travels and trades. This new gallery and generation of Derevos sparked the beginning of prosperity for the family, making them one of the wealthiest families/businesses in all of Russia. Due to this many more galleries were built around the world, with one relative and their families moving to each of the respective countries of the gallery openings. The pieces displayed would rotate between these locations, and the works displayed would consist of both unknown and iconic artists’ works, such as Da Vinci, Michelangelo and Monet.

After many generations the gallery would still have been as successful as ever, the eldest of each generation being obligated to remain in their respective cities to manage their branch’s business on site. As time went on, the restrictions of having to stay in their hometowns and manage the gallery became unpopular within the family, causing several branches to ditch the tradition. Instead, they would stray slightly from the original tradition of obligating the eldest to maintain the business and would send their children to Karakura in order to separate them from the family for a while and allow them to determine what paths they wished to follow in life. Those who wanted to continue the legacy of managing the gallery would return to their branch, while the others would pursue their respective career paths and support the family business using their individual talents.

Though the family seemed to have developed an honest business in art, their success and reputation allowed for them to strive illegally as well. Some members of the Derevo family naturally found themselves drifting into the Russian mafia, executing drug and arms trafficking, gambling, money laundering and other criminal activities under the guise of their art business. While many members aren’t actively involved in this side of the family’s business, some choose to be more active. Regardless, all Derevos are distantly connected to their roots in the mafia. Due to this, the family has an apparent hierarchy and set of rules among themselves.

Disclaimer
The Derevo family isn’t GangRP and though the family has a history with the Russian mafia, family members shouldn’t make it known they’re involved in crime! Derevos in Karakura aren’t one of the known directly mafia-involved branches, and criminal behavior is looked down upon by the higher-ups in the family! AKA YOU WILL BE DISOWNED.. It's just really cute and silly to have a cool mafia background LOL..

This is mainly because Riko (head of family) is a Lawyer I’m not tryna get in trouble plsplspls.

Are you looking for a family to join?

The Derevo family existed in early 2020, I’m not sure of exact dates but it can be assumed that it died out sometime in 2021. While I was by no means a significant member of the family when it existed, I recall all the fun events that were hosted and the friendly atmosphere that I was greeted by. I’d like to recreate this once again, and hopefully bring the Derevo family name back. My plans to revive the family began a couple months ago. I've been working on the server since then and brainstorming potential activities/events. I’ve also worked on the lore you’ve just read!

The Derevo family’s background lies in the arts, though its members aren't required, only recommended to be involved in that part in any way. This detail is to provide an interesting setting for the family and background for the Derevo's upcoming business, a server dedicated to just artists on SRP. More details about this artist server will come up in future announcements on the family's discord, so don't forget to join!

In the family, we hope to host events such as parties, family trips and creative RP situations involving drama & business with the family’s ‘other branches’. Aside from these events and the business, my ultimate goal in this family is to be able to bring people together to make friends and get to know new people on the server. Families are a great way to expose yourself to new experiences and participate in group activities, and I hope that the Derevo family will provide people with a friendly atmosphere and opportunities to interact with a variety of different players.

Also, you gotta admit the name is pretty cool fr fr ong.

DM orange#2432 for any inquiries!

LINK TO DEREVO FAMILY SERVER

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread