players online

Denied SRP Game Club Application | DeliriantJunkie

INFORMATION

IGN of Club Leader (In-Game Name):
DeliriantJunkie

RPName of Club Leader: Symere Takada

Discord Tag : aligator_113

Permanent Discord invite to the club discord:

Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?

I should be a club leader because I’m someone who always wants to have fun and enjoy games with people. I always come up with ideas for new games or mechanics to play real life games in SRP. I have an open mind and accept everybody’s ideas as well. When it comes to playing games, I can entertain all aspects of it. I can come up with the actual games, set up games with people, and bring in excitement and hype for a game. I believe I can make any game with people fun with my competitive energy and positivity- which is where the real joy is in gaming.

I'm well organized and cordial so when it comes to setting up events or activities, I’ll be able to plan and set up everything efficiently. For my club, I want to set up game nights or tournaments that anyone can participate in- not just members. I’m effective in communication and giving directions clearly so I’ll be able to have the events organized with other members; they will be helping to orchestrate and facilitate the events by refereeing the games, dispelling any potential fights, and making sure everyone is following the rules of SRP and of the school.

I will be in charge of making sure everything goes as planned and sails smoothly. I'm good at public speaking and presenting information logically and clearly. I'm open to speak to anyone, so anyone interested or confused can come to me for questions and I’ll always answer any questions respectfully and in a timely fashion. I'm able to manage multiple things at once, so I'll be able to manage the club events, discord, and members successfully.

CLUB INFORMATION

What is the official title of the Club:
Game Club

Your current members RPName & IGN:
(minimum of 5)

• Emelia M. Corella-Kaneko | Crovantist - Club Assistant Leader
  • Lilthe T. Graves | SanrioRoll - Club Assistant Leader
  • Io I****wa | CR1MzONR41D3R
  • Himori Andreev-Väli | miasfraud
  • Jareth Y.-T. | Fixit_20153
  • Kam T. Drakos | camwrld_
  • Lilly Togomi-Jokull | TheMystery
  • Malorie K. Konishi | zukinini
  • Nina "Meika" Haas | Shemtoon
  • Suzuka A. H.T Stark | stormii__
  • Zai H. Takada | LuvZai
  • Mai Senova-Ito | itsnotmeitsu
  • Puddles | GarfShnokk
The club supervisor's RPName & IGN:

Aya Dawson | NikaEnvy
Joutarou Kuujou | StardusCrusade

What is your motivation for creating this club:
(150 Words)

In my own school we used to have a game club and I was a member of it. I remember how much fun I’d have with like-minded people as we all competed in simple board games, eating snacks, and cracking jokes all around. I want the same for my club- a place anyone can come to have a laugh and play a simple game with friends or new people. With my leadership skills, I know I can accomplish this goal and create a club that will bring about joy for students.

On top of being a club for fun, I’m also an avid gamer myself. I play sports, board games, mobile games, computer games, console games, word games, card games, and etc. I’m knowledgeable in the subject and I know I can make events and meetings that will pertain to all types of gamers. For the club events and meetings, there will be a focus on mobile and board/card games due to the limited mechanics of SRP (the roll system) and to make all games easy to understand for newcomers. A club with a focus for gaming is perfect for me and I’ll put in all my effort to make the club work.

What activities and events will your club do?:
(Work out at least one club members only event & two school-wide club event)

Club Members Only Event:Details
Game NightSummary:
Game nights will be a frequent event with club members which will involve playing a few simple games (Both IC and OOC games) amongst peers. It won’t be to compete with each other but rather a fun, simple acitivty for members to particpate in to enjoy, learn, and familiarize themselves with the games. This will serve three purposes. One, the club members will be well versed in the games we play so when the club hosts school-wide events, members can assist and explain any questions that non-members may have. Two, the event will allow me to see which members are active and participating so I can dictate which members deserve a leadership position. Lastly, this event will also serve as a meeting for the club members allowing the club leader, assistant leaders and club supervisors to explain any changes, accomplishments, and planned events coming up to all club members, as well as any questions club members may have. This is an activity meant mostly for enjoyment for the club members and a nice way for newer members to make friends and get to know everybody.

Beginning:

The event will begin with all members joining the Discord’s voice channel for meetings. All members will patiently wait until the club leader arrives.

Middle:

The event will consist of speeches from the club leader, assistant leafers, and/or supervisors on any new changes or events that are coming up. These will be quick speeches going around and will last about 5-10 OOC minutes. After speeches are over, the club leader and supervisors will host some small games for club members to all play in, such as Gartic Phone via discord, Connect Four via smartphones, and etc. This will be the bulk of the event.

End:

Once the games are over and/or 30 minutes has passed, the club leader will announce the event over with a quick closing speech reminding members of any important events or changes. This will last about 2-3 OOC minutes. After this point, all members will be free to either leave or stay.

Resources:
  • School Club Room
  • Faculty member
  • Club Discord
  • Smartphone and/or Internet Access
How will it be done:

The event will be announced a week prior to its actual date so that all club members can get a chance to plan accordingly for the event. Once the day of the event arrives, an announcement will be made via discord that game night is about to start 30 minutes before the event. Club members will all slowly join the meeting voice channel (Voice chat is not required, only listening is) and the event will begin. The games will be hosted by the club leader and supervisors who’ll also serve as referees.

Time:

The event will take place during the day time and/or school day. It will last a total of 30 OOC minutes [2 hours ICLY] and will be scheduled accordingly with the club members’ schedules (A vote will be hosted to decide for the best times to host the event).
School-Wide Events:Details
Game TournamentSummary:

Game tournaments will be a school-wide event that will encourage every student (or faculty) to participate and play with each other. For these events, a 1v1 game will be chosen (Ex: Connect 4, Rock Paper Scissors, etc.) and a tournament bracket will be made with all the participating students (Non-members will have to sign up, however, club members’ participation will be mandatory). One game will be hosted at a time between two students, the victor of the game moving onto the next round (In the situation of a tie game, the game will simply be repeated until one of the two participants of the game wins). This will continue until the final game between the champions of the tournament in which an ultimate winner will be decided. The winner of the tournament will win a special prize (Ex: Custom earring, custom sunglasses, or a custom smartphone) and a free invitation to join the game club. While club members will all be participating, club supervisors will be refereeing and overseeing the matches to make sure all games are played fairly and with no drama. These will be hosted in the club room and via Discord.

Resources:
  • School Club Room
  • Faculty Member(s)
  • Cosmetic Item for the Grand Prize
  • Club Discord
How will it be done:

The event will be announced two weeks prior to its actual date. Once announced, students and faculty will be able to sign up via the club room’s discord in which a sign-in survey will need to be filled in for each participant’s information (IGN, RP name, Phone Number, etc.). Once signed in, the participant will be prompty added to a bracket which will be prepared prior to the event. The time for signing up will be avaiable as soon the announcment is made up until the start time of the actual event. The event will begin with a match up between two participants in the tournament bracket in which the two will compete in a 1v1 game (The game will be decided on by club members via a vote). Once the game is finished and the winner is announced, they’ll move on to the next round of the tournament until they either lose or reach the final match of the tournament. The brackets will be moderated by a club assistant leader and the games will be refereed by another club assistant leader and/or club member if there is not another assistant leader available. The game will be hosted by the club leader who will start the event with a speech, announce winners and losers, and take lead of the event in general. When the tournament winner is decided, the club leader will anounce it and present the prize to the winner.

Time:

Since the timing of the tournament will depend on participation and length of each of the games, a set time length can’t be provided. The expected offset time the tournament should take is 1-2 OOC hours [4-8 hours ICLY]. The event will take place during the day and night, running for as long as it needs to for the tournament to finish. Members are not expected to stay for the duration of the whole tournament and may leave if they wish to as long as they have participated in their matches of the tournament and asked for permission from the Club Leader, Assistant, or Supervisor via ICLY or OOCLY. Spectators are also welcome to the event.
Game Club ArcadeSummary :

Different Prize booths will be hosted within the gym and/or field to resemble an arcade. This will be player-run games where each booth is responsible for keeping track of everyone's points. Each club member will be able to come up with their own game idea for their booth, using the /roll mechanics (can't spell) and referee it. Everyone from students and faculty will be able to participate in the booths, earning different points as they travel along. Referees will be in charge of creating a book as a "ticket", marking down the amount of points that person has won then signing it for them so there's no confusion, if that person chooses to replay the game- the book will be edited for the new amount of points so their inventory is not crowded and so that there is no overuse of books. The prize booth will be run by the Club Supervisors, Where they will collect and "cash" the total of that person's tickets, allowing them to choose from their different prizes of ability based on their points.

How will it be done:

The event will be announced 2 weeks prior to its actual date. Each game will be created based on the /roll system beforehand so the referees understand how to properly explain their game along with OOC signs on each booth on how to play, along with logging points. The roll system will be used to help work with the design of the booth aswell and overall theme.

Resources:
  • School Gym
  • Faculty members
  • Build team member(s)
  • Staff member(s)
  • Event team member(s)
  • Cosmetic items for prizes
  • Club Discord
Time:

It will be hosted as an event in the school's Gym at night time, allowing students to come in with the gate doors open. It will last one OOC hour [4 hours ICLY]. If the gym is not available, the field would be a perfect spot aswell for booths and decoration. The theme will follow a mixture of a carnival and arcade. Booths will go from games, to prizes and to food as well.
Mini GamesSummary:

During the club room’s open hours, any club member will be able to host a small game event of their choosing for students and faculty to participate in. These will be smaller scale events with less participants but with more frequency. Permission to host in the club room, however, will need to be granted by the club leader or club supervisors. The game must be easy to understand, small-scale, fair and balanced, and most importantly fun. The club member must have at least one other club member to help facilitate the mini game event unless given permission otherwise.

How will it be done:

Club members will have to fill out a form via the club’s Discord and submit it. They may ping the Club Leader, Club Assistant Leader, and/or the Club Supervisor. Once accepted, the club member will be allowed to make an announcement on the club discord for their mini game event. They will also be able to advertise their event ICLY as well. Once the club member gets students or faculty to participate, they will be responsible for hosting the game, refereeing the game, overseeing and preventing any drama or fights, and making sure everything runs smoothly. If a problem occurs that the club member can not resolve, they can ping or DM the Club Leader, Assistant, or Supervisor for further assistance.

Resources:
  • School Club Room
  • Faculty Member(s)
  • Club Discord
Time:

Mini game event times will be decided by the club member when they submit the form. They have two options for the timing- 30 OOC minutes [2 hours ICLY] or 1 OOC hour [4 hours ICLY]. Mi****me events will also only be allowed to be hosted during school hours in the day [7:30 AM - 3:00 PM ICLY].

How could your club benefit the School?:

The Game Club has a lot to offer for the school. It will be a new open space for students to come and visit, make new friends, and have a little fun during the busy school day. I want the environment to be friendly, cheerful, and full of laughter and memories. The club will allow the school to have a set place and group dedicated to bringing enjoyment to all students and faculty. If an event by the school with games is ever needed, my club will be perfect in assisting the school with providing easy-to-play games and entertainment for said events. The club is meant to be something enjoyed by all students and faculty and a useful resource for the school to set up bigger events.

How would your club use the club room the club will be assigned?

The club room will serve 2 main purposes for my club. The first purpose is to host meetings and events with club members and students. While some events may occur outside the club room, club meetings and game nights will be hosted in the club room. The second purpose will be to create a friendly space for any student or faculty member to come by and play a game with anyone at any time during school hours. Essentially being in the club room will be an open invite for anyone else in the room to play a game with you. Games played in the club room outside of events will be facilitated by any club members or supervisors in the room at the time (Supervision of small games amongst peers is not required). The games are not limited to IC games as students can also play games OOCLY with each other (Ex: Online Uno, Online Monopoly, Gartic Phone, etc.). via Discord. The club room will be a gaming environment in which competition, socializating, and general enjoyment will be encouraged and displayed. Along with this, all club members will be able to, at any time when the club room is open, host mini game events with a game of their choosing in the club room free for students and faculty to participate. (Permission to host must be granted by the club leader or club supervisors OOCLY)

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?:

For future members of the club, the requirements will be simple. The member must be fairly active during game nights, participate and help out in school-wide events (Overseeing matches, refereeing games, or hosting games), and be respectful and show camaraderie for other members and students/faculty who decide to participate.

All club members must supervise and enforce the club rules to non-club members. Since the club room and discord is an open environment, all club members will be needed to maintain a peaceful and non-toxic club environment. All club members will be allowed to report any student who blatantly disrespects others, cheats, or fails to obey the game rules. Club members can notify the Club Leader, Club Assistants, or Club Supervisor of any malpractice occurring, as well as any faculty nearby. Club members will have permission to ping or DM the Club Leader and Club Assistant via discord.

No disrespect, toxicity, or drama will be allowed and if a member proves to show these traits later on, they will be given a warning for a first offense . After a second offense the club member will either be demoted or kicked out of the club entirely. We will have a zero tolerance policy for aggressive or toxic behavior amongst club members and students/faculty who decide to participate.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, I have decided to deny this application due to the following:

- Whilst a gaming club would be nice, I cant see the club gaining much or maintaining any active traction, especially since most of its events and activities rely on resources outside of SchoolRP's servers, removing a lot of the In Character engagement.

If you have any questions, please contact @Customable on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread