stabcarotids Shrine app

Kgimu

Level 1

Shinsei Seinaru Monastery Staff Application

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN: stabscarotid

DISCORD TAG: Kgimu#5820

PREVIOUS BANS: No previous bans, which I'm glad to say

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS: Yes, Indeed I do have a mic to use for calls

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: Priest

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER: I am on almost every day, except for the times I usually take breaks to play other games and do family stuff

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?: I don't know much about Shintoism, but I am willing to learn about it.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?: I believe I stand out against other applicants because I think I can bring an enjoyable RP experience to people within the shrine, to whoever I RP with.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME: Akoi Yokomura

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?: 24

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?: I am applying to work at Monastery because it's what my parents want me to do. My father was a priest at a shrine far from here, and so he wants me to continue our legacy!

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

I, unfortunately, don't know much about the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, but I do know some, for example, what years and what religion is practiced there, which is Ryobu Shinto. Which is a combination of Buddhism and Shintoism.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:

Akio Yomomura is a happy-go-lucky young adult, he is usually more of an upbeat person to be around. He has a bright aura wherever he goes and usually carries a smile with it. He is usually happy and all of that, seeming to bring people's moods up when they’re feeling down, he is overall just a really good person to be around. Akio is of Japanese descent, more specifically the Tsugaru area, he is somewhat skinny and quite short, standing at a solid five foot and six inches, he has a single small scar on the back of his left hand from when he fell down the stairs at the age of eighteen, he had semi-long black hair, which always seemed to be unkempt.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Dear Kannushi,

This is a written letter to work at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery of Karakura. I would really like to work here because it seems like a great place to work! And as I have previously stated within this application, I have to continue my work as a Priest for my father and mother's sake, and I believe this would be a great place for me to work and fit in with the other Priests and Maidens!

Sincerely, Akio Yokomura

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the shrine?

Akio would very obviously cleanse before entering the shrine, which is done by pouring a small amount of water in each of his hands, before putting some water in his mouth, then spitting it back out. Before he would approach the gate and bow to the Torii, giving it respect and asking for permission to enter the grounds.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?

Akio would bow twice to greet the Kami before Akio would clap at times for appreciation to the Kami before you would begin your prayer.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?

Shinto Priests mainly focus on rituals around the shrine, such as banishing and all of that. As well as taking care of the shrine alongside the Maidens.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

Akio would check with the parents to bring the child back on the 31st after their birth if it was a female, if it was a male the parents would have to return on the 33rd.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

Akio would first begin with the basic knowledge of the shrine, giving them the history and story behind the shrine, before explaining why you are meant to be respectful while on the grounds, as well as giving background on Shintoism as a whole. Before going over the traditions and beliefs, explaining why it's important to follow them

What is the name of the Kami that resides at the Monastery?

The Yama-no-Kami resides at the Monastery.​

Last edited:

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Monastery! If you havent already, go ahead and join the discord.

- Once in the discord, ping the monastery lead for your roles in the #help channel
- Next time you are online, you can ask in /help for the Shinkan role (make sure to include your age) ; if no staff are able to assist fill out a form here for staff to get back to you

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread