Denied stefhanie's Lore Team Application

funerals_

Level 21
IGN:
stefhanie

What is your discord name and tag?:
steph#2041

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:
I am from the United States, my timezone being MST (BST-7). I am extremely active during the day, and mainly between 7PM - 6AM. Throughout the primary daylight hours, I’m usually online if I don’t have other things such as Cross Country meets or errands.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:
Specifically, my headset is a Cloud Alpha II, with a microphone attached to it. After being in many calls throughout the time I’ve gotten it, it’s a rather high-quality microphone and cancels background noise efficiently, for I haven’t gotten any complaints from my friends I talk to (I’ve also run a few microphone tests).

On Discord, I am on it 24/7. When I’m not at my laptop (e.g. away from home or on my Xbox), I always have my phone with me, which has Discord on it, allowing me to communicate with whoever throughout the day and night. Considering it’s my main way of communicating with friends and staying tuned on server updates, I won’t be missing any information.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you can be removed from the team at any given time?:
Yes, I do. I am willing to be extremely active and stay committed to the Lore Team.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
Starting with education, it’s possible it would sound rather ****y of me, however my vocabulary choice and knowledge (thank you to my science professor) assists me in writing more detailed and intricate essays and stories. I strongly believe that word-choice and grammar can either make or break a piece of work, which encourages me to do the best I can. Even within SchoolRP itself, I always end up writing multiple /me’s describing my character’s actions, which contain a lot of detail (maybe too much) and specifics. In my eyes, I see this all as a major advantage.

For Lore ideas itself, I have a unique thought-process that allows all types of creativity to show itself through my work, resulting in perhaps even “quirkier” ideas, per say, in the view of others. Commonly, I’m able to take ideas from other people and efficiently combine all of them into one product, making one big beautiful result. Almost always, I’m rather content with the said result that I am able to conclude with.

Knowing that Lore is extremely important to servers such as SchoolRP considering the events that take place alongside the temporarily unknown story behind it, I’m confident that my skills and knowledge in writing Lore for made-up universes, characters, and situations will be rather beneficial towards the Lore Team. Not only will this be an advantage for myself, but my commitment and geeky-type interest in fantasized events will keep my determination and excitement to work within the team up and going.

My brainstorming and teamwork abilities will give myself the upper-hand in confidence and cooperation whilst working alongside others. I am very much a team-type of person, rather than a leader or a follower. I am definitely a social butterfly, which hopefully can differentiate myself from the other applicants, giving me the advantage to be able to communicate with others efficiently, without any awkward situations here and there, distracting whoever from the primary reason for said conversation.

For most things, I always have an organized way of doing things, which can be superior to things that are messy and last-minute. I take time on each and every individual project, even if it’s just a short novel containing a few chapters. Concluding, my motivation alongside my other traits that prove myself to stand out from the other applicants will hopefully meet your expectations for a future member of the Lore Team.

Do you have any previous experience writing any lore?:
Biographies, short stories, backstories, you name it; are all things I am very familiar with. I always write some type of story for each of my characters, containing primary events within their lives that build up their character traits, personality, and demeanour.

I have no experience in writing official lore for things such as roleplay servers, yet I know that my current progress and abilities will not make this disadvantage a problem within the Team. I am an extremely quick learner, so if there ends up being any sort of topics or situations I need to learn about, have no doubt I will have said topic or situation mastered within the following day.

WRITING PROMPTS

Writing prompt #1:

Chidori Shimizu typically wakes up around seven in the morning. Sluggishly rolling out of bed, she’d slip into her fuzzy white slippers that are set neatly on the floor. Turning her heel, she’d make her bed, straightening the pillows before walking over to wake up her roommate, Hana Watson. After doing so, she’d head downstairs in the sorority house to shower, wash her face, brush her teeth, all of the necessities of a typical Japanese college girl. Blow drying her hair and curling it afterwards, she’d often style it in a half-up half-down side bun. Putting on a rather light makeup look, she’d return to her room to put on either a prepared outfit or her cheer uniform, depending on the day of the week. After getting dressed, Chidori packed up her school-bag with the scattered college textbooks and binders across her bed from a study session the night before, and walked down to the kitchen. Grabbing an apple and usually making scrambled eggs for Hana and herself, she’d eat within a six to ten minute timespan. Brushing her teeth one final time, she’d spray a few squirts of Victoria’s Secret perfume on her neck and wrist, before walking out the door. Heading over to the school, she’d commonly hang around one of many friends, depending on the time of day. Near the end of the day, she dragged herself home after a seemingly long school-day. She’d often change into rather comfortable clothing, such as sweatpants and an oversized tee if she had no plans for the remaining time of the day. However, if she had plans such as a hangout with one of her friends, she’d freshen up her makeup and hair, and go meet said friend at their planned location. As the sky got darker, she’d head home (if she wasn’t already), and hopped into her pajamas after taking a short rinse in the shower. Taking a few hours to study for her classes the next day, she’d do so usually up to around midnight. Hopping in bed and lighting a stress-reliever scented candle, she’d sleep until the next morning unbothered, the same thing repeating just as is.

Writing prompt #2:

Chidori's current life story is not as simply told in the form of the of a few paragraphs, but rather a long series of novels with its several chapters; hence why we have the shortened version of it:

Since birth, Chidori was marked as the ugly-duckling of the family, alongside with the bastard black sheep; named after her dishonest grandmother by her mother, she was born with the reputation of her elder’s immediately. With the scarce appearances of her father, and her absent-minded mother, she had to learn for herself how to survive even within the household. Due to her abusive older brother, she was commonly seen with bruises or cuts around the neighborhood; looking rather unapproachable, causing Chidori to not start her first years of school with any friends or familiar faces. Within her first years of elementary school - she was known as the outsider, the outcast, you name it. Commonly she was seen in the library simply reading novels and keeping to herself, not noticing the curious and dirty glances she was receiving from the people that walked by. Around the fifth grade, she happened to run into a group of bullies; with her current reputation, she was immediately verbally harassed and beaten (to a fifth grader’s ability), yet she remained expressionless and quiet; already used to this type of treatment from her older brother. However, this specific event put multiple questions into the child’s mind about other people’s thoughts and situations at home, and what they could be going through also.

With middle school coming up, the eleven-year-old child was extremely excited for a fresh start - away from the kids who know how things are at home. Beginning the first year with pure innocence and kindness, alongside with a new outlook on school - she managed to make a lot of friends, and simply even found herself a boyfriend in the eighth grade. Just as before in elementary school, she was thrown back into violence and suffering within middle school. Beaten and cut by a couple of her best friends, including her ex-boyfriend, she simply returned to her previous state of emotionless expressions and a hidden outlook on the world.

As the year before highschool rolled around rather quickly, she developed a stronger relationship with her abusive older brother, and it was for the better rather than the worse. With the assistance of her brother, she learned how to physically defend herself alongside verbal comebacks that she could easily spit back at the bullies who continued to harass her verbally throughout the years. With more confidence and trust for herself, her mindset changed, not unnoticed. Her personality, thoughts, confidence, and outlook on everyone and every situation was simply brightened; and her bullies soon experienced karma and guilt for doing such things to the now teenager. With each year of highschool, she became more and more human, and life at home became more and more easier.

Ready for college, Chidori soon spent her years in Karakura, Japan; the youth’s future flashing before the young adult’s eyes. Experiencing only good things, the female was developed in the best way possible, outgrowing her ugly-duckling features, and becoming a rather attractive and well-built young adult. But, most importantly, her mental state and desires were mended back together. Some mental scars remain, however she uses this as a reminder as she made it out, and made it out with flying colors. It was here in Karakura, that she finally found peace, not only in life but with herself.​

NukaRndz

Level 53
DENIED.

- Your application seems to be a lot less focused less on the writing prompts and more on the other questions, in which we focus more on looking at the writing prompts due to our goal of bringing good and creative writes onto the team.

Users who are viewing this thread