mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied StopItRios's Lore team application (repost)

rios

Level 29
4Rios
4Rios
Rich+
IGN: StopItRios

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): rios is my discord name and stopitrios is my discord tag.

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?: Yes I have a microphone and I am able to speak via discord.

Your time zone and current country of residence: My current timezone is EST and my country of residence is Canada.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: This would be my first time applying to a community team.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?: Yes, I do realize that if I do wrong, or miss anything event-wise, or I do not fill in some sort of quota, I will be removed from the Lore Team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team: There is one thing that I typically would get obstructed on, and for a lot of the community I personally find it quite common. The thing that might obstruct me at the start would be School, I have to attend that weekdays, so that may end up slowing me down to right any lore that is needed, though I still try my best to play on the server as much as I can so I can try to do good as well as everyone else in the lore-team has done so far. I also believe that I occasionally have to deal with real life issues, such as working for my aunt’s bakery, or otherwise. Though those are the two things that could truly distract my progress and development, otherwise I would do my best to write as much as I can, and submit the work I wrote as soon as possible.

What makes you passionate about writing?: When I was younger, I moved from Brazil to Canada. Personally, this change made it really hard to move on as I would constantly think about how I was leaving my home country and my family behind for a better life. So, I took some time to reflect and experimented with a few things that could help me deal with the big chance. Eventually, I turned to writing. When I began to write, all of the negative thoughts and emotions seemed to lift from my mind. Everything started to feel fine, and I found happiness in writing, which helped me cope with my life's issues. I had experienced this in the past, although back then, I hadn't really given it much thought. Nevertheless, I was happy during those times. When I tried my hand at creating lore for other things, I discovered that I enjoyed it.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: Yes, I do. As I have done in school, home, families, characters, and more. For school, I have written several essays throughout my time learning, and the teachers have said several times to me, that I am a good student in English, and I should continue how I write for times to come in the future. I have also been influenced by my family, as well as my friends. I have written lore documents for my SchoolRP families that I had been in, and I believe that I have done good, as well as the people that have read it. I have shown my real-life friends, and family members the documents I have written, and though they may think it's quite cringey, as it's for a roleplay server, they have all had good opinions for my writing in the past, and for the recent documents I have written, they have had the same opinion. Though I may not have written server-based lores before, I am willing to try, as I think it would be a new thing for me, and one of the greater things for me. I am currently in a boarding school on scholarship, due to my academic grades, and they do have more experienced writing pieces. I have been in writing competitions when I was younger, and I have come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Never lower, which I am quite proud of as of today.

In your own words, give your definition of lore: I think that lore typically means that it's a story or several stories. I think that they need to provide depth, as well as context to either fictional or realistic settings. I think that it needs to have some form of background, as well as maybe culture. It could be fictional, as in a book, video game, etcetera. Lore helps audiences or other people in an understanding of characters, or events, in a world that may or may not exist, generally, it contributes to an engaging experience. I believe that lore is the past, as well as the future. I believe that this is how the world may be created, or the past of the world. This is a basic standpoint to lore, and it is typically what a fantasy world might go off of, A world that looks majestic, something abnormal from the real world, or maybe the same idea as the real world, yet the past is a different type of story. In general, lore is just how the world may've been created, or how the past had affected the future.

WRITING PROMPTS:
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
(970 words)

Ryeo Minori was in his shared room with his twin sister in their family's apartment at O block. Ryeo and his sister were trapped in their house due to the severe rainstorm. He decided to clean up their room while waiting it out. Suddenly, he received a notification on his phone from an unknown number while folding his clothing. He curiously opened the message, revealing a photo of his birth certificate. The father's name on the certificate was circled in red ink, but it had the name of a man Ryeo had never heard of before.

Ryeo felt a deep shock upon seeing the picture. He sat silently for a full 10 minutes, trying to process the information, so many questions ran through his mind but it didn’t take him long to understand. However, he didn’t want to believe the possibility of his father finally returning after being absent for the first 15 years of his life. He finally sent out a response

“Who is this?”

The man behind the message was quick to respond with yet another picture, the picture was of Ryeo Minori’s mother in a beautiful white wedding dress standing next to a man in a formal wedding suit, the man’s face was circled in red ink. Ryeo hadn’t recognized that man and his anger and confusion grew as he began realizing that what he feared was true.. His father was back. At this point Ryeo’s twin sister glanced at her brother from across their room, noticing the pain and confusion in Ryeo’s eyes as a teardrop would roll down his cheek. He’d quickly type out his next response wanting to know why this was happening to him

“I don’t understand.. Why are you messaging me after all this time”

Ryeo almost instantly received a reply back from the man and once again it was another picture but it was a photo of two plane tickets going from Greece to Karakura set to arrive in the next week. Ryeo’s heart sank.. He didn’t know what to think, why was his father coming to Karakura after not being in his life for 15 years? Ryeo’s expression shifted from confusion into pure anger. His sister who kept an eye on him from the moment he began tearing up rushed over to her brother trying to see for herself what was going on “What's happening with you?” Ryeo remained silent, fixated on his phone and the messages before she realized she wasn’t getting a response from him.. She swiftly snatched the phone off of his hands “What's this hmm?”

She’d scroll all the way back up to the beginning of the conversation where she’d slowly start to scroll down and read through it.. her facial expression changed from worry to a mix of confusion and anger Instantly assuming that her brother had played some sick joke on her “This can’t be true? If this is some time of prank Ryeo I swear I’m gonna-” Ryeo would interrupt his sister before she could finish her sentence and with a loud tone he’d reply “You think I’d joke about something like this?” Tears welled up in his eyes “Why the hell would I make something like this up?” Before their argument could go any further, another notification would pop up on Ryeo’s phone.. Ryeo took his phone right back off of his sisters hands anxiously wanting to see the new message, His sister would be right next to him peeking over his shoulder to read the message as well

“Behave my beautiful children, I’m coming with gifts! If you continue to fight then you won’t get them”

Ryeo instantly dropped his phone on the ground before searching around his room for cameras “He’s fucking watching us” his sister yelled out as she began looking for cameras as well until she glanced out of the window and spotted a woman dressed in a seemingly expensive dress, The woman held an umbrella to shield herself from the rain, while her other hand held a phone. “Ryeo.. do you know this woman?” She'd call out to her brother who rushed to see what she was talking about but the minute he made it to the window, they received a notification which caused both of them to quickly dash to the phone, even fighting over who gets to hold and read the message first. She finally gave up and let her brother have the phone where he read the message out loud

“I have eyes everywhere”

The two slowly turned their heads to glance at each other, the twins both had the same look, their expression was filled with pure fear and worry.. Their father was truly watching them and they didn’t know how. Ryeo’s sister was sure the woman outside their home was responsible. She dashed towards the window only to see the woman slowly walking away shoving her phone into her purse. Ryeo followed his sister leaving his phone on his bed but before he could reach the window, they received their last notification “Oh you have to be fucking kidding me!” his sister yelled out before Ryeo slowly walked back towards his phone, afraid of what he’s about to read next.

“Be sure to familiarize yourself with your new mother! She’ll be my eyes and ears up until I arrive to the lovely island of Karakura, Love you- BYEEEE”
Ryeo by now was emotionally drained.. As his sister approached to read the latest message, he didn't even look at her, simply handing her his phone before laying down on his bed trying to process what just happened. His sister was obviously emotionally stronger than him as she didn’t shed one tear during this whole situation unlike Ryeo who was still quietly sobbing. She gently placed the phone on the desk next to Ryeo's bed and then glanced out the window, noticing that the rain finally stopped. “It stopped..” She said as her brother who was still overwhelmed replied “What?” She quickly clarified “The rain.. It stopped”

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
(828 words)

The Saiky estate, home to one of the most powerful families in Karakura was said to be one of the most beautiful places in Karakura. I mean they weren’t wrong.. From the beautiful homes that rested within the estate to the large mountain and the charming gazebo, every aspect of the Saiky estate was truly breathtaking. However, hidden within those beautiful walls was a far from beautiful spirit of an old estate keeper named “Haru Hatou” that would frequently cause trouble for the Saiky family

Haru Hatou, born in 1910, later became a servant to the Saiky family, specifically working for Junpei Saiky. Haru's responsibilities mainly revolved around simple tasks such as folding clothes, tidying rooms, and serving food for Junpei. During his time working for the family, Haru's connection with Junpei grew strong, leading Junpei to believe that Haru was not just an attendant but a friend as well or so Junpei thought. In reality Haru was extremely resentful of Junpei as he was jealous of his success.

Haru continued to maintain his appearance as a caring attendant to Junpei, never revealing his true feelings of anger and hatred. However, carrying this burden of resentment took a toll on Haru, ultimately leading to an early death at only the age of 40. Junpei was deeply affected by Haru's passing. Nevertheless, he couldn't allow his grief to stop his pursuit of success. Haru, unable to move on, remained a spirit trapped within the Saiky estate, unable to leave. Haru would consistently cause issues within the estate,whether it was shattering glass, opening windows, or slamming doors, He was very determined to torment the lives of the Saiky family, specifically Junpei Saiky. Haru swore to himself that he would ruin the lives of every Saiky so long as he remained a trapped spirit in the estate.

The Saiky family began to take notice of the disturbances Haru was causing and suspected that there might be a spirit haunting the estate. Junpei attempted to communicate with the spirit, but this only seemed to anger Haru further, resulting in more broken windows and doors ripped from their hinges. Haru continued to torment the Saiky Family for decades until he realized that he couldn’t stop Junpei from achieving his success.

Haru had assumed that once he stopped tormenting the Saiky family, he would move on to the next life. However, much to his surprise, he remained as a spirit within the estate. Haru couldn't understand why he couldn't move on like other spirits in Karakura and why he was trapped only within the estate. He spent decades trying to move on. Whenever the Saiky family was unaware, he would silently engage in these acts of kindness such as secretly folding clothes and tidying up rooms assuming that maybe if he was a good spirit then he could move on but he remained trapped.

It was now 2023 and Haru continued to exist as a silent spirit. He hadn’t done anything in the last few years, even having the Saiky family forget about his presence. Haru tended to stay in the quieter parts of the estate during family events to keep away from the noise but the estate was usually always calm; however Haru’s attention was suddenly drawn to an argument between a Saiky family member and their attendant. Ryeo Minori was one of the attendants of Kichiro Saiky, Ryeo mistakenly thought Kichiro was belittling him because of his family's status, causing a major argument between the two which ended in Ryeo storming off, leaving Kichiro alone with his thoughts. Haru didn’t dwell on it and moved on with his day. As night fell, Haru noticed the two boys seemingly arguing again. However, as he got closer, he saw Ryeo acknowledging his mistake and apologizing to Kichiro, letting go of his bottled-up anger. Haru observed Ryeo’s demeanor shift from anxiety to a sense of calm and happiness, realizing that maybe what he needed to do was release the anger he had held onto for Junpei over the decades.

Upon realizing what he must do, to allow himself to pass over. A bright path would form for Haru, guiding him to Junpei’s grave that would be up in the shrine. Haru would follow the path assuming he would eventually be stopped by the barrier that has been blocking him from leaving the estate for decades, but this time nothing was in his way.. He was free. Once Haru arrived, he found himself in shock to see the grave and also amazed by the beauty of the shrine that Junpei was buried in. Haru would kneel himself down at the grave, apologizing and admitting to his true feelings that he had towards Junpei. After doing that, he noticed that his spiritual body would start to fade away and a bright light would take up his vision. After that, nothing odd would happen to the Saiky’s or their estate again, due to Haru finally passing over.​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • Both prompts felt underwhelming. You may address this by finding diverse locations and ideas.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​
  • Work on tone of the story, as well as the diction of the writing.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread