Omega+
IGN:
stormii__

Discord Name & Tag:
stormii#5309

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?:
I do! I have a Razor headset :)

Your time zone and current country of residence:
Eastern Standard Time (EST) & United States!

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?:
I recognize that I could be removed at any time and fully embrace this as such if an offensive situation were to arise.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team:
I have a severe case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) OOCly and am seeking intensive treatment at the moment, I am also a full time student (University). However, despite both of these, writing has become one of my passions and I always find time for it no matter how busy I am. I love to write and especially love lore development, it's a way I like to escape my OCD as well as my scholarly duties whenever I can.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I have been writing and storytelling ever since I was a little girl. I absolutely love fleshing out characters and lore overall. In fact, I was working on publishing my own novel at one point, but have since lost passion for it due to the amount of work it takes to write a fully fledged story. Nevertheless, I have countless college rule notebooks filled cover to cover with lore pertaining to the world I begun to live in when I was at the peak of writing that novel. Writing has always been a pillar of light for me, it holds a very special place in my heart and I can't go a second without using it in my daily life, even if it is unintentional. I have been awarded several scholarships based on my writing skills from several different schools, not that they meant anything to me as I was just happy to create my own characters and tell their story. I love worldbuilding and I adore exploring fantasy and fiction worlds as much as I do my own world. I would just as quickly sink into the world of a fantasy novel as I would any real world circumstance. I am able to truly express myself and my emotions through my writing, and to me, that is the most important and genuine thing anyone could ever ask for. I have written countless poems in my darkest moments, some of which even brought me back to the light. I wouldn't be where I am today without that first book that my sister illustrated for me so many years ago. Writing my own characters in my own words has really helped me grow as an individual and as a writer, allowing me to sink into their lives as a way to escape my own. Writing has been one of my escapes from the outside world for as long as I can remember, it's a huge part of who I am. I can't think of a way to describe it other than it being my guiding light and my saving grace in the most beautiful way possible.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do! As I mentioned previously, I spent several years working on my own novel and discovering how to properly write and develop my own world in detail. I can link some of the documents related to that novel if it would help speak to my character and my experience as a lore writer. I love exploring fictional worlds and finding out just how special their stories can be behind closed doors.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the core (no rhyme intended) of all worldbuilding. It's Harry Potter's scar, it's the thirteen districts in Hunger Games, it's the building blocks of any halfway decent story. A fictional world unaccompanied by lore is a world that makes no sense, a world with no structure or reason. Lore is what draws a reader into the story, what allows them to fully understand and appreciate the world they are being exposed to. Anyone can write a short story, but without planting seeds of foreshadowing or sprinkling ideas of past events into the mix, it's just that. A story. No life to it, no depth, just a boring book that goes cover to cover. But lore is what makes a book enjoyable. It's why so many people sort themselves into Hogwarts houses, because they fell in love with the lore and the story of Hogwarts. The wizardry school could have just as easily been a simple magic school, no life, no character. But with the backstory of the original house founders, with each individual spell name, the unique potions and creatures, that's what makes the world of Harry Potter, and the storytelling, so magical.

RULES
You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines (658 Words)

The citizens of Karakura scattered the streets, going about their average daily life, following the individual routine each one of them maintained. It was an abnormally sunny day, the sun shining bright over the fluffy clouds in the blue sky. Everything felt normal. The shopping district was busy as usual, businesses booming with customers and the streets filled with students, families, and other playful individuals scurrying around the concrete pathways. Everyone seemed particularly gathered around the towering centerpiece of the district, a beautiful tree standing far above the people picnicking below its branches.

Its graceful leaves swayed in the gentle winds, highlighting the peaceful day-to-day of Karakura City. A few minutes below the stoic oak would erase the criminal activities arising in the streets, every last citizen of Karakura adored that tree with all of their hearts. It was a staple of peace in their city, a place where anyone could go to relax, stop to smell the roses, as some may say. It brought a sense of calm to the wandering spirits of Karakura, any sensible person would be drawn by its tranquility.

The name the oak was affectionately given? "The Tree of Eden". Lovingly placed in the center of Eden Roundabout, the tree smiled upon those who peacefully dozed beneath its branches, always watching over the tired citizens of its city. It had no qualms with the people, it only saw them as living, breathing, beings, just like itself. The seldom had anything but a smiling spirit to share, always sharing the joy of being alive with the people of the shopping district. Its leaves scattered every inch of the pavement no matter where you looked, bringing its smiles and joy to anyone who took even just a glance.

But not everyone was happy with how the tree spread its leaves. Not every citizen was touched by the spirit of the tree, not everyone was overjoyed when they saw the tree.

A day came upon the shopping district, a day like no other. That day, the tree smiled brighter than any other day, not knowing it would be its last.

Conflict was blossoming beneath the tree's branches, planting its roots far deeper than The Eden Tree could ever hope to reach. Families fought. Particular families. Ones that had their roots planted deep into the streets of Karakura, far beyond the oak's reach. The tree smiled at the families, sharing its joy with them just as it did any other human that lie under its branches. But instead of meeting The Eden Tree with the same friendly smile, they grew angry. The tree was met with hatred and greed as the families argued. It reached out to the members of the families, extending its branches to welcome them... But instead of embracing the tree's kindness, the families snapped.

Suddenly the tree felt warm, but not the warmth it welcomed. A wild, uncontrollable warmth that the tree feared might come some day. A dangerous warmth. Fire. The families grew so angry that they set The Eden Tree ablaze in their rage, showing all of Karakura how angry they were with the world. The tree screamed for all to hear, the length of its branches now replaced by the ravenous glow of the growing wildfire. But even still, the tree wrapped its branches around the families, giving them its love despite their anger. In the tree's last moments, it smiled once more for all of Karakura, saying goodbye to its found family.

Ash fell, and with it, the final loving branch of The Eden Tree disappeared.

All of Karakura mourned that day, for it truly was a loss they could not recover from. Not for a long while. Karakura had lost a great friend that day. Some still shiver at the sight of flames, all but terrified to recall the loss of their pillar of hope.

The Eden Tree died, and with it, a generation of Karakura fell too.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines (Words)

wip

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
Your application is unfinished, unfortunately.​

Users who are viewing this thread