StrawbeeViniq

Level 17
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
StrawbeeViniq
(Primary Char)

What is your discord name & tag?:
Strawberry9703
(due to discord update, I no longer have a #tag)

Previous bans:
None

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m fairly active, I try to get on everyday for a few hours with small breaks in between to look after my mental health, my dog and just to keep posture good.

What is your timezone?:

PST
(I'm usually on late due to adjusting timezones from moving, went from gmt to pst. So, yeah..)

List your current and past applications:
Gaelic Application - Denied
KPD Detective - Denied (wasn’t around long enough)
Doctor Application - Pending

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have quite a bit, I’ve played DnD for a while, WoW, SRP of course, Roleplay Universe and some others. I’ve got about 4 years under my belt or so and have figured out how to properly adapt my Roleplaying emotes and speech to the person I am interacting with.

What is your motivation for applying?
My motivation for applying for EMS but more specifically doctor is because I’ve always enjoyed seeing medical Roleplays and it’s been an experience I wish to be a part of, Ems have always been underrated in comparison to the KPD. I’ve thought about the KPD but the more I’ve looked toward EMS the more I’ve noticed I’d rather be with this ‘faction’ over the KPD, I wish to help out and grow my Roleplay experience and practise DetailRPing when it comes to medical overall and EMS will do that for me over the KPD. I’d love to Rp in the Medical World of EMS and that’s why I want to apply. I haven’t gotten the ability to Roleplay in a Medical setting even when I rp in more Medieval RP’s, which experience from MRP’s doesn’t help as their healthcare systems and tools will be significantly more different. I wish to expand my learning and RP experience and I think a Doctor Position with SRP’S EMS will give me just that.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I do,
I know that EMS are there to help care for wounds, no matter how drastic, each EMS member has a role to play, whether that's the mind, body or soul. They work to keep someone alive the best they can. But sometimes, a character's death is inevitable and some EMS cannot save them no matter their efforts.

Emergency​
Colour Codes​
Code Red
Fire
Code Orange
Hazardous Material/Spilled incident
Code Yellow
Disaster
Code Green
Emergency Exit
Code Blue
Medical Emergency
Code Violet
Combative/violent Persons
Code Pink
Kidnapping or abduction of Child/infant
Code Brown
Severe Weather​
Code Silver
Active shooter
Code Black
Bomb(Extreme danger)​
Code White
Evacuation

---------------
Highest rank to lowest - Departments
Hospital Positions​
DIRECTOR
A hospital director oversees every single physician on staff, and he or she is a leader in the industry. He/She is the main person people go to, including the Clinical Lead.
CLINICAL LEAD
Clinical Leads are responsible for overseeing the delivery of high-quality patient care and implementing best practices and guidelines to ensure that clinical standards are maintained.
DOCTORS
Doctors are often the ones treating the wounds, working the pharmacy or giving medical items such as canes, eye patches and looking after patients in the ICU or in recovery. Helping them get better and send them off to their correct department, Doctors also tend to be the ones performing checkups, diagnosing patients that are not mind related, help surgeons with some surgeries if required to and over all to ensure the best quality of a patient's health.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Top management is directly responsible for each department's functioning, so these people are more time-intensive in their organisational and strategic duties. Often monitoring their department's members.
SURGEONS
Surgeons are often the ones sewing up leg wounds, working with amputations, internal bleeding and internal injuries and performing surgeries regardless of life threatening, critical or minor. They often can be saving someone's life or giving a minor surgery of plastic surgery to fix a nose or giving lip fillers depending on their specialty.
ATTENDING
An individual who completed a residency program and is currently practising medicine in a clinic or hospital.
PSYCHOLOGISTS
Psychologists are people within the Hospital who mainly focus on mental health, looking after those who need mental help or need someone to call and or talk to. They often are the ones prescribing medications and ensuring their Patient is in the best possible mental state and looking after themselves via selfcare.
RESIDENT
Residency is a training which leads to a specialty (or subspecialty) certification, most Aspiring EMS take on the Residency role in order to make it past Residency and become an attending physician.

Along with those, all Emergency persons are often taught Call signs; they are often used through radio and are quick numbers to remember instead of relaying long sentences. Some of these include

10-4 | Understood/Okay/got it
10-20 | Location?/where abouts?
10-26 | Clear/Safe
10-23 | Stand by/Hold position/wait
11-99 | Ems persons needs assistance/help
10-97 | Arriving on scene/at location

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I do

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Absolutely do, and I'll do my best to be on as much as possible to dedicate most of my time as hospital staff.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I do, and I’ll make sure to go to as many training sessions as I can if I’m online and if I am not online I will make sure to tell whoever is hosting a training when I will be available or go to them later if they are on to play some catch up.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I understand.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Orlain Jovanny Quirke

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male - He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Doctor of Medicine Degree, Masters
Minor in medical Science

Character’s Nationality:
Irish

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Non-Religious

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Gaelic(Once I actually post it lol)
Japanese

Backstory
(100+ Words)

During the early stages of Orlain, he had been born and raised in Galway Ireland with his twin sister Orla and Parents along with his grandmother. His father was often around but often was out and about in the Hospital within Galway, he was often working via Paramedic and thus; Orlain didn’t often see his father as much as he’d like to. This went on throughout his childhood from the time he was born to about 10 years old, Orlain often saw his father working which caused him to be able to see at times what his dad did which helped as his father often looked over his grandmother who had signs of breast cancer and would often find himself ensuring his grandmother was stable.
During this time, Orlain found a love for being a doctor or Paramedic and he had found he wanted to be either even as a kid. He soon found that even though his sister wanted to be a Nurse, he soon realised that medicine ran in his family.
As he got into his teen years (13 to 18) he found he wanted to pursue Paramedic/Emergency Medicine, which inspired him to study and work hard in order to achieve such. During his graduation year of High school he was able to intern within the hospital near his school for a bit before he graduated. From there, at 19 years old he had chosen to go to a College for Human Medicine, Biology and Veterinary Science. Despite this, he passed all three, though dropped out of Veterinary Science to focus more on Human Medicine and Biology to give him a little bit of a head start when it came to finishing his 4 years in college which landed him at 23 years old, and made his way into St. Georges University of Medicine where he spent an even two years. On his 25th year birthday after finishing his two years of residency there he came back home instead of living in a dorm to spend time with what was left of his family, though his 25th was fairly bitter sweet.. He had a good celebration and got the ability to travel to Karakura, Japan to find work there instead of spending his life in Ireland.

Though, what made his birthday bittersweet was that his parents had chosen to get a divorce and that they could no longer support his grandmother in which, his grandmother had chosen to have his father stop trying to keep her alive as she was in her 90’s and ready to go.. From then on, Orlain had gotten more quiet.. He wasn’t as active, talkative or joyful anymore. He had found that his time away from his family had made the family separate and felt as though it was his fault, there were times he wished he didn’t get into Medicine. But as his sister was still in med school for another 2 years, it became just him and his father whilst his mother took her mom/his grandmother with her to Dublin instead. Though instead of suffering he had said his goodbyes to his family and went back to the school Orla, his sister was to say bye before heading off home and packing his bags to travel the 20 hours from Ireland to Karakura, Japan to start his new life there.
Whilst on the plane, Orlain took the time to try and study as much Japanese as humanly possible in the span of 20 hours. Learning from Japanese passengers around him but also through books, pamphlets, apps, anything he could get his hands on that would help him learn. Despite his efforts he struggled a lot and couldn’t seem to be able to learn it or get the accents down, he nearly gave up by the end of the flight. But, he was able to retain the most basic of sentences like asking where to find a certain store, thank you, good bye and some grammar but certainly not the best at it. Once he landed he did his best to learn the customs of Japan, such as bowing and that Japan doesn’t have a tipping culture. His first few hours in Karakura, Japan was quite difficult.. Having struggled to get a bank account going, a living space and overall interacting with people and getting food. He had much to learn but he does his best to learn a little more Japanese everyday he’s in Japan.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Emergency/paramedical Medicine
Orlain had specifically chosen this specialty within the medical field as his father was a paramedic and had gotten into such specialty, due to admiration he found a joy for learning Emergency/Paramedical Medicine which made him wish to pursue it as he went forward as a Medical Professional.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Orlain did two years of medical school in Galway, Ireland.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, Orlain has had an internship at a Hospital in Galway in his high school and college years before moving onto his career as a doctor at that same hospital where he did his residency for 2 years. Working beside other doctors and attending doctors.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Not in the medical field.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Orlain is standing at roughly 5 '3” with semi wavy yet soft and fluffy ginger hair with green- avocado looking eyes. He has slightly tanned skin and his shoulders, collarbones and cheeks are dosed in little Freckles, scattering throughout his body.

He’s a fairly quiet man, often keeping his head down to his work. Speaking softly, one could mistake him for innocence. He’s often in more pastel colours and smells of Blackberry and green tea

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty; Orlain is usually quite reserved but will speak up if he must. He tends to prefer looking after himself and his patients unless a colleague needs assistance. He aims to be the best he can be when helping those in need. Orlain is often times finding himself spending time at the front desk when he isn't doing too much, or ensuring stock is full and ready for people who may need prescriptions or any kind of pill or item from the pharmacy and staying at front desk to help patients who are in need for other EMS.

Off Duty; Orlain normally likes to leave a stressful job with a cosy rest of his day/afternoon/evening.. Making a nice meal and relaxing, often times taking a bath to doze and in the morning spend the rest of his day in pj's, Fuzzy/cosy socks under a blanket, reading with some tea and toast. Unless, some of his friends wish to spend time with him. He is often perceived as a puppy the atmosphere around him only adds to it.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Orlain usually prefers being on his own, as being soft spoken it’s harder for others to hear him. But, when it comes to medical settings he’s more than happy to welcome anyone to help him or come to help someone else. At the end of the day, he puts his wants aside to help the patient as most EMS all have a similar goal when it comes to Health Care.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Orlain plans to stay in the medical field for as long as possible, he wishes to leave a legacy behind with the Hospital as one of the best. Though, he does have plans to get married and have a family of his own and have a place to call his own.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
People often see Orlain as gentle, and warm hearted. Despite being quiet he is often seen as hard working and does his best to have a keen eye and ensure the best quality of treatment. As for personal matters, Orlain is often helping his friends in need regardless of what it is. He is often someone who could easily be pushed around as he will bend over backwards for his friends and any partners he may have, though he is very respectful and usually doesn’t do something without permission or unless he knows he’s allowed to do something. He cares a lot for people and himself though his friends often say he should work on making proper home cooked meals than take out food and worrying about the past and what could have been.

Though, Orlain often views himself as lowly and cowardly. Often finding himself running from himself and worrying about others rather than himself, finding a high selfless nature. He isn’t always confident but wears, and does what makes him happy, not letting his thoughts of himself disrupt his relationships with family, friends and future partners. Nor letting it interfere with work, his coworkers or his patients.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application. We highly recommend you try to apply again next wave!

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread