players online

Accepted Student Council Application ✔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofia

Level 0
IGN: pugofwar

Role in School Council:
School President (Although Vice President would be appreciated as well)

Expected activity (out of ten): 8.3

RL Age (note that it does not matter how old you are):
Well if it doesn’t matter I’d rather not say, I’m sure my behavior should be enough of a hint. I apologize if my english is strange though, it’s not a reflection of my age but rather that english is not my first language.

Previous Applications:
I have applied for other positions similar to this on other roleplays in MC. My other applications aside from roleplaying include being staff on a few PVP servers.

Motivation for joining:
I’d love to develop my character in the server, giving them a role on the student council may help progress with that goal. I’m on the student council for my own school as well, so I thought it would be fun to see if i can roleplay it as well.

What is the School Council?:
The school council is an organization lead by students meant to contribute to the development of the school, raising funds for things the school needs, approving the annual school budget… etc.

What happens in the School Council?:
Well for starts, school council meetings are supposed to be open for everyone (you don’t need to be a member to attend) because it’s also a way to keep up with what’s happening in the school, and even (perhaps) submit and idea for fundraising or concern that the School Council is fit to deal with.

[SCENARIO SECTION]

You are a councillor, the chairman submits a awful idea, what do you do?:
Working off other ideas (even if it seems bad) Is a very large part of working on a council, I’d try to see every view of why they think this is a good idea, have them give some explanations too. They’ll either see how it’s bad themselves as they talk, or you can explain why it won’t exactly work with the budget or any other reason. It’s important not to immediately shoot it down without more thought, the key is to remain polite.

You submit a idea, everyone hates it, how do you react?:
I’d like to hear their point of views of why it’s such a terrible idea, then I’d perhaps refute their explanations (If I feel the need to) then either change my idea, or listen to others. Although I almost always have a lot of research to back up my ideas, I feel that everything should be based off a system of fact, data, and statistic. Even if it’s for a bake sale.

You have become the school president, what is your first speech:
I wouldn’t have been able to make it here without the help my friends, acquaintances, family, and professors. You all have played a major role in helping me rise to school president. I’d like to thank a few individuals, who have made the most impact in my running. My mother, of course. My closest friend [Insert name here], my campaign manager [Insert name here], and last but not least, a very supportive teacher, Ms/Mr [Insert name here]

I promise you all that I will stand by my promises, I will not let you down.

You fail to attend 5 meetings with the school council, how do you apologize?
I will apologize be being incredibly involved with whatever event we are in, I’ll pick up every last bit of slack I had left behind. Hopefully this will be making up for the lost time, then I’d apologize to my friends on student council personally with baked goods.

You are being removed from your position, how do you react?
I would not put up a fight, if I was removed It would have to be for a good reason. Although I will most likely request a thorough explanation, so I can fix my mistakes and try again better next time.

[IC SECTION]

You are writing a letter to the school principal, how do you convince him to let you be his role?

Dear Principal Ms/Mr [Insert name here],

I’m writing to you today to let you know of my wish to be part of the student council.

I’m applying for the role of Council President, and I believe that I am very qualified for the position. To begin I’d like to start with my passion for YHS, I want to do everything I can to help the school flourish, and being part of the council is the my first step to doing real impact.

My main concerns are preventing assault, violence, and bullying in general. Physical, verbal, and cyber. I’d also like to encourage healthy eating, with best nutritional options for our students. Often healthy and good food is not available in some households, but it’s important to be able to provide, if healthy food is available at home for them we can encourage them here at school (Where the spend most of their time) to take advantage of their choices. Being aware is the first step, it’s important to lead a healthy lifestyle.

Thank you for your consideration,

Sofia Fonzi

(I'm so excited to keep roleplaying on your server, even If I'm not accepted)

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Congratulations, you have been accepted as a Vice-Principal as a a person is already on pending for a School President. Well done on the job though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread