players online

Accepted Student Council Application [COLLEGE]

mig

Level 6
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

exbkislover929

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I have no kicks or bans. I have two previous warns for spamming in IC chat, and using cosmetics during a (minor) chase.

What is your timezone?:
EST

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
milo!#3112

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Spanish Language Application | DENIED
German Language Application | ACCEPTED
Arabic Language Application | ACCEPTED

Korean Language Application | ACCEPTED
Third Language Application | ACCEPTED
Swedish Language Application | ACCEPTED

Describe your activity on the server?:
I'm pretty active on the server time-wise. Usually, I'm on during most days for at minimum 1-2 hours, unless stated otherwise prior. I use to participate in GangRP, but I moved away from that scene due to I wasn't enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Now, primarily, I attend Karakura just as any other college student; going to classes, interacting with peers, participating in events, etc. I sometimes get myself caught up in GangRP activities here and there by accident, but if I were to get accepted I can reassure you that I can avoid those scenarios.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
19, [College] exbkislover929

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
I am completely aware of that, and I will be sure to log any inactivity in the future.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:

A student council is no different from any other student, yet they also act as a mediator between other non-student council members, and school faculty members during some situations. They take on the important role of representing the school as students from different educational levels, providing different viewpoints which is important in the long run. Guiding peers and helping when it comes down to improving the school gets passed on to the student council members. Making sure others are mindful of the guidelines of the school and are following them as expected is something student council members usually watch out for also.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
Initially, I've always had a thought about joining Karakura's student council. I enjoyed interacting with the members of the council and it seemed pretty fun to do, yet it never came to mind to actually join until recently. Being a part of the student council will allow me more opportunities when it comes down to interacting with others and overall making friends, which is why I want to join. School should be a safe place for everyone despite what they do during their free time after. Most people don't feel safe in school, let alone comfortable... I would like to put in my efforts to try and prevent that as much as possible; attempting to make it best for both sides of the party, rather than just one. Planning minor school events is also a part of the job of being a Student Council member. I look forward to it just as much, and it will allow me to expand my mind on the creativity side and of course, interact with others in different fields. Lastly, it'll give me something to do in my free time when playing SRP.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
I understand and am aware of that completely! I look forward to it, as I said in the previous question. My mind is limited when it comes down to it, but I will put in all my efforts & try my best to help out the Council as much as possible. Working with others will also allow me to grow & improve my creativity as well.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

- PRESIDENT & VICE, OF STUDENT COUNCIL:
The president & vice president of the student council act as the council's supervisors & main lead! They make sure the members of the council are being kept in check, and following the guidelines of both the council and school. Sometimes when necessary, they kick those who do not match up with their expectations and hopes of the student council. Approving event plans that are brought up by the members, is also something they're to do. The vice president has the ability to establish & approve things, but only depending on what it is. Minor decisions can be approved by them, while bigger decisions are granted by the president. When approving school events that are brought up by the council's members, they of course have to coordinate it all with SLT so the event can actually take place. Their job is fundamental. Vice presidents can also be viewed as the upcoming presidential candidate for the student council, as in any scenario the president stepped down from their place, they'd most likely be the one to step forward and be the new student council's president.

- PROFESSORS & TEACHERS (…AND OTHER SCHOOL WORKERS):
Professors & teachers maintain the role of providing education for the students of course. Aside from that though, they have quite the authority when it comes to the councilors of the student council, since despite them being a part of the council; they're still students and must follow whatever orders are given by their higher-ups. School workers also help around the school, and provide moral support for students and other school workers. Their main task as school workers is to ensure the safety of every student, and this concludes by stopping fighting & bullying when the action is being done. In a previous question, I mentioned that the school council act as a mediator sometimes. Even though school workers are grown adults, young and old, some may forget their place and the guidelines that come with working at the school. It's not the council's job to put them in place, but the council could report them when acting inappropriately towards a student to the council president which then could get the message forwarded to SLT.

- THE COUNCILORS:
As councilors, you're not too far up when it comes to the chain of the important roles of the school council. You do have semi-authority, but before anything, you're still a student amongst the ones you're putting in place. You MUST act appropriately and accordingly on school grounds due to you representing the school as a student. They're the ones to provide assistance to their peers, and school workers when in need. Bringing up ideas for future school events is something they're to do, along with using teamwork skills to establish their best ideas before it being brought to the table. Working together is a necessity for this role since it allows expansion in several ways. Disorderly conduct when you are a part of this role can get you kicked instantly from the school council as a whole.

- SCHOOL JOURNALISTS:

I rarely see people talking about the importance of school journalists, but I think they have a stand. They also represent the council as well. School journalists allow for the truth to be spoken throughout the halls of the school. They write the report's about school behaviors sometimes, and common issues found in the school, alongside the events that are coordinated by the school council. Their reports shouldn't be subjective all the time, so whenever they report stuff; it's generally speaking. If X were to write about an organized event coordinated by the school council, and it was primarily negative... I'm sure you could see how it would have a negative outlook on the school & school council as well.

- SLT:
I'd like to say I saved the most important role for last. the SLT includes the Principal, Vice-Principal, Dean, and Vice-Dean. Just like how the student council President supervises the student council, the Principal & Vice-Principal supervises all school activities, including the student council! They're more like an overseer of the entire school, being the ones to keep not only students in check but the school workers as well. The Dean and Vice-Dean of the school is to provide support for the school. This includes budgeting classrooms, events, and stuff along those lines. They also have great power over school workers and are in charge of school faculty. Everything goes through SLT before any big decisions are to be conducted and put in order.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

My first reaction would NOT be to ask why they're fighting, instead, I would ask them once more to lower their voices and to end the verbal aggressions directed at one another. If they continue on, or just overall got violent to an extent, I'd step in, in a way that there is no way to fail to recognize me. If the situation simmers down a bit, I would give them a chance to explain themselves to me afterward if they want or feel the need to & make sure they walk their separate ways peacefully for the time being. I wouldn't go straight to threatening detention, because this would only make them more furious at not only the other person but at me as well. Though if all does not go ideally, and the girls still continue to lack acknowledgment of my presence, I believe calling for backup either for another council member or a nearby school worker to dispute the situation would be the best solution.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
Chasing after them would do us both no good, so I would make a call over the radio saying that a student seems to be masked & roaming on school grounds. If I had any ideas as to where they would be headed or just a decent general place they were heading in the direction of, I would also include that in the radio report. In the low-likely chances of me scouting them out again and they still seem to have a mask on, I would ask once more for them to remove it, avoiding any confrontation with the threat of detention again since they previously ran from the mentions of it.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I would view it just as any other student being rude to one another. I would inform them that they could get consequences just like any other student despite them being in the council. If it simmers down, I would get in contact with the student that was being provoked and ask them if they're okay and try my best to reassure them that it will not happen again. I would also inform them that the student council will be punished just like any other student, and be dealt with appropriately. Later on, I would reach out to the counselor telling them that they're not in the position to provoke a student in that way and tell them I have no other option other than to contact one of our higher-ups, making them aware that they shouldn't have been acting out like that.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
I would get in contact with someone who was at the meeting and ask for the information I missed. Alongside that, I would thank the person who allowed me to get the missing information and reassure them that it won't happen again. For future reference, I'll be sure to pay more attention when taking notes even if it comes down to writing word for word!

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
My first reaction would be to apologize in advance just in case I come off disrespectful... despite me being a part of the student council, I am still a student and they're still my higher-up as well! I would then inform them in a polite manner that their words, or actions, go against school policy regardless of whether them being a teacher or receptionist. I would direct them to one of my higher-ups, in the student council, if they have further questions & let it go on from there.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
For this event, everyone would be welcomed since it would be based out of school hours & off of school property. I think it’s also worth mentioning that It’s not mandatory, for obvious reasons.

This event would be located somewhere in either Ochiba forest or somewhere designated on the beach; closer to the shore most likely under the 3 water peers! This event is more on the casual gathering side, with nothing too big going on but a good way to bring people together yet still have minor activities to do. Several concessions stand to provide snacks & casual food... and even prize-winning opportunities would be gathered around the area as well. There’s also a chance we could partner with a business that went with the whole theme of the event and allow for them to sell there & have a chance for ONE lucky person to win cash prize money as well! Since this event is primarily based in the summer; I imagine 2 campfires on in separate areas for those who want to roast marshmallows & perhaps even make s’mores. A mini-stage area could also be set up, for a mid-activity during the whole thing. Games like Never Have I Ever, Truth or Dare, and games along those lines could be a great way to connect & make friends with the people who also decide to participate in the event.

A tiny photoshoot area would of course be set up and It would coordinate with the theme of the event as well.

For a final closing of the event, with the mood being toned down, I believe a great way we could end the night is with a mini rap-battle tournament. Those who would like to participate in the rap battle would have to sign up prior to the event unless we randomly pick 6 random contestants from the remaining crowd. It would allow for the crowd to let loose a bit & enjoy the moment!

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:

Aren Faheem

Character Gender:
Male

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(030)-338-9978

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Aren is super duper goofy. He is quite the extrovert, and is the first to speak up when things go... silent..! Aside from that though, he's described as awkward & geeky. Like super geeky. That's really all.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
5'7 stood male, typically wearing sweaters.. in SUMMER?!
body.png
What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

I am capable of having civil conversations with both school workers and students attending Karakura. This is a very important key aspect of this position because as a student council member, you're often viewed as the middle ground in-between both students, and the workers. If you were to be biased during every situation, it would get you nowhere in terms of making the school a better place for both sides of the party. I also work quite well in a team; I may not be the most creative, but when it comes to actually establish things & providing support, you can look for me to count on. Something I do lack in this whole department though is experience. Experience is a key factor as well for not only the student council but for future things and I hope for this to give me at least minor experience. Gaining experience will allow me to help others if I were to take on this role, and long-term speaking; help me guide new members who were once in my position. I can reassure you I have a lot more to bring to the table, and I will do nothing but work my hardest when taking on the role of being a student counselor!

Why do you want this position?:
I strive for this position in order to not just help others but guide myself on the right path. I'm almost fully sure that the other members of the student council will also help guide me, which is something I look forward to as well. I'm pretty excited about the socializing part a lot too; interacting with others from different groups throughout Karakura is something I've always wanted to do, and this would give me the opportunity to do so, especially when events take place. Lastly, this position would give me something to do in my free time. Roaming the halls does absolutely nothing for me, so roaming the halls for a reason... could actually do me some good.

What interests you the most about student council?:
As stated prior, I'm extremely excited when it comes to the whole socializing part! Guiding myself with the help of others is also something that is cool I guess... but nothing tops the socializing part with other student council members and students during the events that are hosted by the student council. I think the experience will also help me later in my life, but that's only speaking long-term.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I typically have nothing to do when classes are over & not being hosted aside from hanging with friends. This allows for my time schedule to be flexible & for me to patrol during whatever time frame is needed. Also, in any case, a school worker needs assistance, I can reassure you that'll I be the one to step up & provide them with whatever is needed. With students, doing activities with them during my free time is something I wish to be a fun mutual experience amongst us all. Making sure we all feel safe in school, one of the places students should feel the safest will be my main goal! Allowing others to let out their feelings in a civil manner is something I will also contribute to, whether that's having one on one talks, or just simply talking in a group. Sometimes people forget that being a school counselor is not always about scolding someone, don't get me wrong it is important to make sure others are following the guidelines of the school, but it is just as important to make others feel as though a school is a safe place. Also, I can be the one to remind you that I am down to help contribute to school events as well when it comes to planning them.

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Student Council!

Please ping Customable#1590 to request your roles in the Academics discord here!​

[!]
If you have any questions, please DM Customable#1590

Users who are viewing this thread