Level 1
Honua
Honua
Rich
GENERAL INFORMATION
What is your Minecraft Username?:

Honua
Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I've gotten one warning before because I spoke a different language in /looc. I've never been banned or kicked.
What is your timezone?:
CEST
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
I do, my discord is: dina#3581
Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Chinese Language Application | ACCEPTED
Role Request
| DENIED
Describe your activity on the server?:
The activity I have on the server is quite ordinary, I play and get on mostly every day after lunch and stay online for about 5-6 hours. On weekends I usually play for longer and stay up later than usual. I usually attend classes and try to get my record up, and sometimes when I feel proactive I try my best to achieve a token and do good in class.
List your accounts and roles on this server?:
[20][College][B] - Honua
[17][Grade-11] - FetuElikapika
Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I'm fully aware of that and comprehend those rules.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:

A student council is a group of students that should exist in every school. The student council's task is to advance students' thoughts and opinions, protect students' rights and strengthen individuals at the school. But the role plays a variety of other duties as well, including planning school events. Student councils are important democratic forums where students should have the opportunity to influence, take responsibility for, and participate in the school's activities.
In other words - "a strong student council is an opportunity for a strong school"
The students of Karakura are the ones who know best concerning student health. It is therefore important that students should always have their say in matters that concern themselves. If students can participate and enjoy the teaching at school, there is a greater chance for a higher commitment and a greater desire to learn more.
What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
I've heard about the council being an excellent community, it seems very well put together and I think it would be a fitting atmosphere for me. The strong community really inspired me and therefore it motivated me to apply. My friend was also a part of the council before she got the role as a receptionist, she loved it and suggested it to me. While also motivating me to apply and explaining how phenomenal the college council is and how much I would enjoy it. Currently, I don't have much to do on SchoolRP unless there are classes or some other events occurring. I'd like to see myself with more things to do, as well as getting more opportunities and experiences which I am certain that I will achieve and improve from this role.
Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, I'm very aware of that! It would be an amazing experience for me to be able to use my creativity by coming up with new ideas for events, especially when you're working as a team.
Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
- The Council President: The primary responsibility of the Council president usually involves working with the students to resolve issues and communicating ideas from the class to the school council and the student organization. The President is also responsible for conducting meetings and coordinating the activities and events of the student council. The president of the Student Council not only represents all the students in the school but specifically the entire Student Council.
- The Council Vice-President: The role of the vice-president is quite similar to the president, though to a lesser extent. The vice-president serves as a representation of both the students and the student council. When the president is unable to preside over meetings or meet with faculty members or other students, the vice-president fills in. Their job is to make things happen behind the scenes so that the vision of the president and the needs of the student body are realized both broadly and in detail.
- The Council Treasurer: The student council's budget is overseen by the treasurer. The treasurer oversees fundraising activities and is responsible for ensuring that all funds are used appropriately and in compliance with student council resolutions and rules.
- The Council Secretary: The secretary is in charge of taking thorough notes during meetings of the student council. In order to maintain transparency within the student council, it is the secretary's duty to guarantee that other students and faculty have access to these notes. They also need to keep track of who's absent from the meeting(s).
- The Councillor: The student council supports communication between students, professors, and institutional administrative authorities. Additionally, they help with ideas for school-wide initiatives like social gatherings, events, and educational improvement.

- The SLT: The name by itself is pretty self-explanatory, the School Leadership Team. The SLT creates educational policies for their institution. Additionally, they guarantee that those policies have the necessary resources. There are three members of the school community that must be members of the SLT: The Principal, Vice-Principal, Dean, and Vice-Dean. They have the highest roles in the entire school. SLTs must make decisions based on consensus.
- Professors & Teachers: Professors offer academic leadership to the college students by, among other things, exemplifying and fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities, and policy development at a range of levels, including those within the academic discipline and within the academic unit. The main responsibility of a teacher is to impart knowledge to students in the classroom. Teachers need to manage classroom supplies, navigate the curriculum effectively, plan effective classes, grade student work, provide feedback, cooperate with other staff members, deal with trouble, etc.
- School Faculty: Effective classroom instruction, academic advising, and counseling of students, involvement in departmental committee work (like supplying materials for events), ongoing curriculum development through assessment, applied research or scholarly activity, and service such as helping with student recruitment (for example, college) are among the primary responsibilities of the faculty. Faculty are crucial for students.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

I would firstly listen in to the conversation, to see if they are discussing something or if it's just jokes between them, either way, I'd see it as something uncomfortable for their surroundings. I'd calmly take them aside for a private chat, address their behavior, emphasize how it's making other people around them uncomfortable, and that their behavior is unacceptable, and try to speak with them instead of at them. I would let both of the students tell their sides of the story. Listen to what they have to say.​
If these are students who are arguing often, I would attempt to talk with them together about their disagreements before they get violent. Ask each of them what's upsetting them and how they might best release that frustration. If bullying is part of the problem, there would be further consequences and I would have to take that into action right away. Students need to listen to each other, share their issues, and then check that they understand them. Once students have shared their perspectives, they need to take responsibility for their own actions. I can prompt students by asking them an open-ended question like, “What could you have done differently to change what happened?”. But let's say they don't listen to me and continue harassing each other verbally, or even physically without paying mind to me. I would have to give them punishment and warn them with detention. If they're still not listening and continue what they're doing, this would be the time to call for an SLT where they could take things into a further consequence and give them both detention.​

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
There would be no point in me chasing them down if I didn't recognize them or know their name. I might have caught in which direction they were heading in, either way, I'd get help from other councilors or whoever is nearby, for example, a school faculty member, and describe to them with as many details as I can recall. This student is obviously aware of what they are doing and is roaming off to not get caught, so this is certainly a call for detention.
There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
In order to address the phenomenon of councilors who bully students, the role needs to grapple with several inconvenient truths. In general, bullying by councilors, who are supposed to be your safe spot, could be very rationalized by offenders AND normalized by other students. It could make them feel like their voice is silent and is minimized or ignored, and be too scared to tell anyone about it.
I would start by placing myself between the victimized student and the councillor. In a situation like this, it would be important to not eject any onlookers, and wait till later to determine the facts so as not to increase the tenseness. Once all parties are quiet, I'd attempt to speak with each one individually, and hear out what happened. Then, I would refer to the school rules regarding bullying, by giving a straightforward description of what I heard or witnessed. Also, make it clear to all the pupils involved that bullying is never tolerated, and remind them that as a councillor, you're not taught to treat others that way and show them that their behavior is unacceptable. Then, I would take the victim aside to comfort them, by doing it in a way that respects his or her dignity and ensure that they won't face reprisals. If they're upset, I can make it a point to talk to him or them later in private. Increased oversight will ensure that bullying won't happen again. Verbal abuse can be just as harmful as physical abuse, and it’s never okay for someone to treat another individual this way. If a councillor says mean or abusive things to someone, it's important to let them know that it’s not their fault. It would probably be useful to inform them of proper ways to intervene or get assistance in the future and make it clear to them that I took note of their inaction and that I appreciate their efforts to assist. I wouldn't require them to apologize or make amends that may be insincere. The repercussions must make sense and be related to the offense. A first step would be to let the council president know what happened or contact someone from the SLT.
You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
I would simply just go to one of the other councilors who attended the meeting and ask them to follow up for me. I wouldn't do some futile attempts to cover up the fact that my mind was wandering, it would do me no favors. I'd just apologize for spacing out and ask for a clarification of the following information, obviously, I wouldn't expect a detailed reenactment from this person, but a brief rundown of what was being discussed so that I can provide input.
A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
I'd start by just asking why they want me to do that, and checkup with one of my higher-ups if this is an exception, for example, if it was something that I was supposed to do and this person is just forwarding the message to me. If not, I would politely inform them that I can't engage in something like that, and that it's against my policies as a councillor, and just continue doing it the way I was trained to. It might also be smart to contact someone from the SLT if this person made me feel uncomfortable.
Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
The Multicultural Fair
Have you ever wanted to travel the world so badly and just leave everything behind? Or simply just go on a vacation with your friends/family and have some relax-time? WELL BORE NO MORE! Because it's time for the Multicultural fair!
This event will play out in the school, preferably on the Bobcat's side so it's easier for everyone to access. Each classroom is assigned to a different country and the students will get to research and have about seven OOCLY days to prepare a display and for example, food. (It could be stories, books, recipes, art, or some type of items about the country.) The students will produce a research project related to something important to their culture or general interests. They can write a report and create a visual representation of their project together with their teachers, friends, or family. The students will get to team up with art, geography, and science teachers to create a culture fair together. On Fair day, everyone is invited. Parents, family, or friends are welcome to view the students' projects and watch their presentations. The fair could become a longstanding tradition in the future to attract more people. They could be held each year where different cultures' foods, dances, clothes, and languages are showcased. Each group or individual adopts a country, researches it, and decorates their hallway so that visitors "enter" different countries as they make their way through the building. As they tour the countries, students can write down facts as they learn. During lunch, students or parents can perform on stage in the auditorium by dancing, singing, or playing an instrument native to their country. Or just hold a performance of any kind, like an educational speech or some type of stand-up. There could also be a small market to purchase things like toys, flowers or sweets.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:

Chyou Yì
Character Gender:
Female
Character Age:
Character phone-number:
(030)-931-7225
Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
I would describe Chyou as a very humble but friendly person. Around her friends she's usually very bubbly and shows off her personality as much as she can, she feels lively and cheerful around them, therefore she talks a lot! Usually, when she greets new people she's enthusiastic and tries to hold a small talk, even if it's with people she doesn't know. She usually finds interesting things to talk about, whether this is at school or just with acquaintances. But of course, Chyou could be very decisive when she needs to be, she's a quick thinker. She does not show or feel any worry, anger, or excitement in stressful situations. Instead, she remains calm and diplomatic.
Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
I design my own skins and make new ones all the time, so it might change from time to time.
A 5'3 stood Japanese & Chinese female. She has brown hair with light eyes. She usually wears dark or neutral colors but her style changes a lot as she gets into new phases.

Skärmavbild 2022-10-10 kl. 16.35.31.png
What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I stand by my word, which shows honesty, integrity, and dependability, all of which are intangible skills that can set me apart from other candidates. These certifications indicate that I understand the difficulties of being a councilor. With my blend of talents for talent acquisition and long-term, big-picture thinking, I would bring a novel approach to the role that would leverage my skill set in a way that aligns perfectly with the student council. One of my greatest strengths, in my opinion, is my cheerful outlook. Every hour I spend in that facility, I'm setting an example for the students and the school. I am very good at self-control and self-discipline. It can be really difficult to serve on a council, and I believe that eventually, it is too easy to just stop working as hard to be the greatest councilor one can be. I am aware that after some time, it's easy to lose your organizational or managing skills. I make managing and organizing my team a top priority in an effort to stay away from this mindset.
Why do you want this position?:
Being a school councillor is the most fulfilling and meaningful thing you can do because you get to help students become more enthusiastic about the future and their issues. I enjoy knowing that I can use my empathy and compassion to offer them support in challenging times. I would also get to help with my ideas and expand my creativity. I believe I have many valuable skills that can help me succeed, and I'm excited about pursuing this role so I can contribute to an exciting community! I can be close enough to the center to help people feel connected, yet I can be free enough to reach out to those who are not normally included.
I want to learn about the student council from the inside out, and I am going to use this experience to prepare me to take further leadership roles in the future. I've discovered that offering a sympathetic ear in a welcoming environment is more helping than you would imagine. I like being there for people, and establishing a trustworthy relationships so that they can find their own way to help themselves.
What interests you the most about student council?:
The student council creates an environment where individuals from Karakura meet regularly to collaborate on student-led initiatives. This means I will meet different folks with different sets of skills and opinions. I'll learn how to effectively collaborate with others and use empathy to guide me in my decision-making. I'm interested in sharing my own thoughts and opinions and especially learning from others. I will have the chance to support different groups and give a voice to the voiceless. This is a great opportunity to better understand how inequalities affect different individuals and groups and have a chance to do something about it.
What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
Given this role, I want to try my best to make everyone in the school feel safe and to make sure that they can come to me with any type of trouble or questions they might have. One example of making the school feel safer is to regularly check that pupils are interacting securely. Keep patrol for "hot zones" for bullying within and outside the building. In places like restrooms, and cafeterias where there is little to no adult supervision or monitoring, students may be more likely to engage in bullying. Left ignored or unchecked, discriminatory behavior will repeat itself; it must be addressed. Inaction can endanger the students and lead to an unsafe learning environment.​

Last edited:

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Student Council!

Please ping Customable#1590 to request your roles in the Academics discord here!​

[!]
If you have any questions, please DM Customable#1590

Users who are viewing this thread