What is your Minecraft Username?:
heyitsgwendy

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
None

What is your timezone?:
EST/ET (Depending on daylight savings)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
Yes, heyitsgwendy#0154

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.46071/ - [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.46072/ - [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-re-application.46075/ - [ACCEPTED]

Describe your activity on the server?:
I am currently a student, so I am not available 24/7, but I like to play when I have free time (which is almost always daily), so I would consider myself pretty active.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
1: heyitsgwendy, -->[18][Grade-12] Megumi Nakamura

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I understand why and I will accept the consequences if I am inactive for that long.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:
Student council is a group of dedicated, responsible students in charge of planning fun school events and making sure all students feel safe at school by preventing/breaking up fights and taking care of students who need help.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, ect.):
I saw a poster about it, and I saw the toy drive on the first floor of the high school, and I want to be able to have a role in the school where I can help people, so I decided to apply here. I also find it annoying when people purposefully go out of their way to break the rules, and I can't do anything about it, so I think that being a member of student council and preventing other people from feeling the same way would be nice.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and team work ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, and that's actually one of the parts I'm most excited about. I think that getting to work with others to plan fun, engaging events for the whole school to enjoy would be really nice.

Can you list the roles in council along with others roles that might be important to council?:
I believe that the roles in the council are: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Councilor/Member. Roles that would be important outside of council would be: Principal, Vice-Principal, Teachers (NQT, QT, HD), Professors (AP, QP, HD) and School Employees.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?
I would move between them so they wouldn't have any choice but to look at me. I would then try to defuse the situation by figuring out what started the arguement, and try to settle it. If that doesn't work, I would first give them a warning, and tell them the consequences that they might face if they don't stop. This way, they have a chance to recognize how their actions were hurtful, and change on their own. If they continue even after the warning, I would then give them both detention.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
I would contact other councilors, and authority figures such as the principal or teachers, and warn them that there is a student refusing to take their mask off that is running away, and has ignored my warning about detention. That way, there is a greater chance of stopping them than just me trying to take care of it on my own.

There seems to be a councilor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I would step in and remind them of why they were made a councilor in the first place, and then warn them that if they don't stop immediately, I will report them to the President. Abusing power that was given to protect students and make people feel safe to intimidate others is reprehensible, and I would most likely report them even if they did stop, since I have no way of knowing if they have done this to others before, and anyone else who was hurt deserves to know that what happened to them won't be happening to anyone else.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
I would first see if there were any councilors that I knew were at the meeting that I could ask in character about what I missed. If nobody is online, or nobody online knows, and I felt the information was important to know ASAP, I would reach out over discord (OOC) to see if anyone knew what I missed.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher ups. How would you react to this?
I would generally refer to what I was trained to do, but I would also ask why they were telling me something different from what I was trained to do. There's always the chance that there was a change to the rules or code of conduct that I wasn't informed of, so they could just be trying to help me out.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
Club and Sport Fair:
The Club and Sport Fair would be an event where current students enrolled at either Karakura High School or Karakura Community College could come and try out any clubs or sports that they want, similar to how some schools will do a club fair at the start of a year. This would be a sort of “free trial” for all of the activities, since people can try out different things and see if they like them without having to commit anything. I feel that this would increase sport and club participation, since if someone tries something at the trial night and really likes it, they’d be much more likely to apply/try out for it than they would be if they had never done it before. For sports especially, it will give students who have never played the sport before the chance to learn from people who are currently on the team before they try out. If we wanted to have food and beverages provided, we could either use the cafeteria and just hand snacks out to people, or we could do the more fun option, and have every team or club provide a snack or beverage that they think represents them. It could be something simple, like the basketball teams making cupcakes that are frosted to look like basketballs, or it could be more subtle, like the journalists serving tea, because they always have the “tea” on the latest situations at school. Either way, I think it would be a fun way to get people talking about different clubs and spread interest around the school. I’m not entirely sure if we should allow adults to come to the event, or keep it as being just students (and school staff). Since the whole point of the event is to bring attention to the school clubs and sports, I think that bringing in adults that can’t even join the activities is kind of counter productive. However, it could be interesting to bring in adults who went to Karakura High School or Community College and played for any of the teams or were in any of the clubs, so they could talk about how much they enjoyed being in the club or on the team when they were younger. Overall, I think that this would be a fun way to increase participation in after-school activities among the student body.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:
Megumi Nakamura

Character Gender:
Female (she/her)

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(+81) (030)-356-7598

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
My main goal in life has always been to be able to help people, in any way possible, so I try to go out of my way to assist whenever possible. I think I have a generally confident demeanor, and I'm not afraid to speak out when I think it's necessary. That does sometimes end up causing conflicts between myself and others however, since I do tend to lack situational awareness, and just say whatever's on my mind.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

casual2.jpgcasual.jpguniform.jpg
(The two on the left are my casual outfits, and the one on the right is my main uniform)

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I have very good conflict resolution skills, so I think that I would work well defusing conflicts between students, or helping deescalate a situation. I also work very well in a team, so I would enjoy being able to work with my fellow council members. I have also been told that I am very responsible, and end up being the "mom friend" for my friend group most of the time.

Why do you want this position?:
I want to be able to make a difference in the school, and help Karakura High School to be a safe learning place for every student. I think that being a member of the School Council would be the best way to go about that.

What interests you the most about student council?:
I think the part that interests me most would have to be a tie between planning events and making sure students aren't acting out of line. I like the planning aspect of it, because I love to come up with new ideas and be able to apply them to real life, and I like the ensuring students are safe part, because it just makes school more enjoyable for everyone when it's a safe place to come and learn, and knowing that I have a part in making people's lives easier like that would be nice.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I could contribute lots of ideas for future school events, and assist in breaking up fights and helping keep students on the right path by defusing conflicts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread