players online

Student council | COLLEGE

wren

Level 9
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft username?:
Flwers (alt account)

Any previous warns/kicks/bans?:
I’ve had a few previous warnings for meta-gaming, capitalization within OOC and responding to chains, nothing major and one ban which was appealed for and responsibility was taken for all actions done, though this was when I was a new player and I’ve adapted well to the rules within the RPH servers, more specifically SchoolRP. (This was all on my main account rather than my ALTs)

What is your timezone in GMT?:
BST

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?:
vixx#4740

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/czech-language-application.21551/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-application.21319/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/doctor-application.20739/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.20165/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.20149/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-application.19110/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/gaelic-language-application.19112/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.19235/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/albanian-language.19546/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/private-tutor-school-employee-application.19549/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/albanian-language.19561/ - Accepted

There were also two DM applications for professor that were both accepted.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I’m frequently active on the server on multiple accounts such as vixxale (high school cheerleader account) and fhgh (shop-owner account) however, I’m not frequently active on forums as much as I would be in game. Though, I’d be willing to get more active within forums if need be.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?:
Student council is a selection of students who’ve been elected to address any issues within the school, though this is not the only role of school council. They also share these concerns and issues with teachers and staff faculty, along with sharing ideas to improve the school or make school more enjoyable entirely.
-
Social events, fundraisers, community projects etc. are often held by the school council, allowing it to operate in many many forms. Student council also acts as an influence in some form to other students of the school, allowing them to have someone of their age and within their year groups to look up to and perhaps even follow on after.
-
Within the student council, there will often be a vice-president and a student council president. Typically, they’re responsible for coordinating all of the student council activities that occur along with student council meetings, of course. If it comes to the point where voting takes place for a specific event or meeting and a tie occurs, the president's vote will break the tie.
-
Though this is a given, student council presidents will not only have to be a representative for the school and the students but also for their entire council team. This means that they’d have to answer or explain for any occurrences that go on pertaining to council.
-
Whereas vice president does have a very similar role to president. However, it’s to a lesser extent. They’ll have the authority to step in and take action when the president is unavailable to do so themselves. It may be common for them to be assigned to various projects and chair committees. Despite the fact they cannot have full leadership to run the entire student council, they still have plenty of chances where they can take leadership and responsibility.

Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):

Typically, a few friends brought my attention to council such as the college student council president themselves! Council has been something that has caught my interest for a long while but I’d never thought about it in depth until my friends pushed me towards it. So, of course I decided to dive into the opportunity when given the chance.

What does the school council of Karakura do?:
In my observation of the Karakura school council, typically I’ve noticed that rules were enforced in general and mostly in difficult situations where there has been misbehaving or perhaps worse. By enforcing these rules, noticeably the school environment appears more safe and a much more fun environment to be in. In my role-play experience, the council always wanders around to check in with students and even school faculty in case of any situations where a ‘flame’ may need to be ‘put out’. Charity events or social events are also usually hosted by the council which essentially helps students take more interest within school.

How would you describe your work ethic?:
In my own personal point of view, I’d say I have a pretty decent work ethic, though there is always room for improvement. To be specific, I’d say I can stay pretty motivated when given a task as I’m a somewhat determined individual. I tend to try to fit everything into an organised schedule to assure my assignments or tasks all have equal time to get finished.
-
I’d say I’ve built my persistence up which has allowed me to work for a longer period of time than usual and of course, through time this will improve. I do try my best to appear professional when need be along with creating a good first impression.
-
I do tend to work well by myself and especially in groups which further improves my communication skills, which I’m sure will come into place within council quite a bit. So when it comes to teamwork, you can expect I’ll be able to get along with everything rather well.

What interests you the most about the student council?:
The experiences and responsibilities that come with the journey of a student councillor. I find that because of this specific interest, it’ll boost my RP experience due to my characters personality (essentially, the two will collide rather well). I’m always looking for new roles that come with new experiences and I’m quite sure that this is one that I’ll enjoy quite a bit.

Do you have past experience in role-playing (if so, summarize your experience)?:
I’d say plenty despite my short period of time on the RPH server. Throughout my time, I’ve gone through private tutor and professor role-play which boosted my experience for school employee experience. I’ve had plenty of college-RP experiences (along with college-cheer also high school-cheer, then I moved onto EMS hospital-RP for a while and finally shop-owner. I’ve had plenty of student-RP to get used to my placement on council as a student yet again in college, overall I’ll fit in just fine.

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
I do not discard the idea at first nor criticize it. I’d try and get the rest of the council's views too before I took any form of action. If it turns out they’re not fond of the idea either, I’d try suggesting ways that the idea could be initially improved so that everyone had a fair chance and got to be considered as this is a team effort. There is no need to cause a scene or an argument over such a simple thing that could be improved on, we learn from any mistakes and go back to the drawing board.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:
Not causing an argument over it and remaining collected and calm would be the start. I’d ask for advice on how to improve my idea and find out what was so awful about it and rethink my idea, this way I’ll know later on for future reference the do’s and don’ts when it comes to council ideas and suggestions.
-
If there’s no room for improvement at all for my idea, I’ll drop it. Personally, it won’t be a big deal to do so, I can easily move on from it. I’ll always ask for advice from vice presidents and presidents due to them being elected as the higher role for a reason, I’ll find myself receiving possibly more knowledge on the matter.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
Once again, staying calm and collective of yourself is key whilst trying to calm the rest of the room down and suggest taking a breather before anything gets too out of hand. If there’s no vice president or president around, I’d go grab them and inform them about what has happened and ask them to help calm the situation down also. If they are also participating in this argument and not acting professional or proper, I’d instead ask for a school faculty to come in and help settle this too.
-
Asking everyone to take turns and address the issues with the opposite opponents' opinions for this idea so we could get to the bottom of the issue and resolve it. If the idea is becoming too much of a trigger for arguments, I’d also suggest scrapping the idea entirely and finding one that everyone was comfortable with.

A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?:
OOCly, I’d take a screenshot of this for proof to show to a council member with higher authority, so that they could address what was wrong with the issue and take action if needed. ICly, I’d come over to the situation and ask if assistance is needed and try to observe it myself and give a side input to see if the situation could essentially be calmed down and sorted without the abusing of their position as we don’t want a bad image for student council.
-
Student council is meant to be full of elected people we can look up to with responsibility, not a group with a bad image… Despite the fact I may not have the authority to tell them off, I still would refuse to sit by the sidelines and watch it occur. I have a responsibility, just like they do.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:
I’d ask if I could give my own personal input to see how they react and if they’d give a different insight, or even agree with my own point but if this is something that would be deemed offensive in any way or form and they refuse to change their views, I’d bring it up to a school faculty.
-
If it’s just a normal statement that isn’t harmful in any manner, I’d drop it. Knowing they’ve been elected as president for a reason, I’d drop it as they have more experience than I do, nor is there too much I can do. I’m rather aware that not everyone will agree on everything, we each have our own opinions that we value. We cannot force anyone to change their opinions and that’s okay.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:
Trying to resolve the tension between the two is the main goal, if it’s to the point where they cannot simply sit down themselves and discuss the conflict going on between the two, then I’d inform a higher up within the council and bring the situation to light, asking them to assist with the situation. Though this is the president's role (or vice), I’d ask to assist or observe to take notes for any future situations, so that I’m prepared on what to do if they’re not around at all. Though, I’d know to grab a school faculty if no higher ups within the student council are around. It’s of importance that we all get along and can work as a team along with respecting others' decisions and opinions.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:
Sylvaine Grenville

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(+81) 756-185-854

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:
Sylvaine overall is a rather confident young lady and well mannered, perhaps she might be described as posh in some aspects. If she feels something is hidden from her, she will tend to use every tactic to lure the secret out (though, she tries not to be malicious, of course). Categorized as a high achiever when it comes typically to her education or practically anything.

Character appearance/attire:

Side note: Sylvaines attire is usually more colourful attire but that is a work in progress…
In front of you stood a young woman with a pear-shaped figure, appearing a little more on the chubby side. 5'8, Brunette, somewhat fragile, intelligent in expression. Her hazel eyes peered out through a wild tangle of curly hair fell past her shoulders. Majority of the time, she'd be seen in proper clothing and never anything that would be considered as 'skimpy'. Her voice seeming honeyed yet serious tone when she spoke.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
Throughout my time on School-RP, I’ve been extremely committed to each role I’ve had and always had an excitement when it comes to new RP experiences. Though that is a typical response, I’m also friends with a few council members and have always had a small insight on what they do or have done in their experience which has given me a rough idea on what to expect. I’m still rather active and can manage to balance multiple accounts and bring rather swell ideas to the student council.

Why do you want this position?:
As previously mentioned, I look for new role-play experiences often and this is one particular role-play experience caught my interest. I just know I'll enjoy it and simply with the fact that my friends are also apart of council, It reassures that I'll be able to commit to team work and become a lot more social. Within every role, I always find new friendships here and there and it is something I'm looking forward to the most.

What interests you the most about student council?:
The events, honestly. I've always found them quite enjoyable and it gets me more interested in student-RP most of the time, having the opportunity to be apart of the council and potentially even run events is rather exciting in my eyes and I'd love to have the chance to do so. I'm sure that it fits in with my characters personality as she's quite an organised and social individual.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
Keeping students safe and out of trouble is my main priority, monitoring the halls and checking in on anyone who may be in distressed or even a bit lost round the school would be part of what I can contribute on a daily basis. I'm happy to assure that everyone's on their best behaviour and hopefully a good mood. I'd try to be somewhat comedic whilst I check in with students for a more fun environment rather than an uptight serious unpleasant place to be in... while of course, remaining professional at the same time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread