mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

sugetion

greehn

Level 111
IGN: greehn
DATE: 09/12/20
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Make it so either applications on the forums are hidden, or give us an option to hide them.

I honestly don't know if it is just me, but it's just annoying to go on the forums only to see the most recent posts just being about someone else's garbage application. (no offense to any of you) I wish to see more relevant threads like suggestions or just threads in the "Discussions" category all together. A lot of people browsing the forums really only look at the most recent posts to look for anything new, but when it's literally just cluttered with applications, people are bound to miss cool and interesting threads.

tl;dr, too much applications, don't want to see anymore

I would either like every application thread to be private/hidden, or to have a way to hide them myself so I can be seeing the more relevant threads rather than someones third language application they were denied for because they didn't use the right format.

edit: same with any sort of request thread. same reasons as above.

Last edited:

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
I feel like if they were to add an option to hide them yourself, then possibly being able to favorite or bookmark applications would be nice as well. Overall that way if you want to stay updated/posted on a thread that isn't yours then you'll have the option.

I do disagree with having every thread hidden, maybe add something in which if the thread gets enough likes or publicity, then make it public?

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
I kind of disagree with your suggestion. ▼

As you mentioned, you wanted application threads to be hidden/private instead of being public. This is something I disagree with since seeing others application gives you motivation, and some insight on how YOU could make your application better and etc.

I do agree that it would be better if you could hide selected sections that you want to hide, but not being able to see any applications of other people would be boring.

Ryanark

Level 119
Ryanark
Ryanark
Rich+
+1. The forums are already too cluttered, to begin with. A forum cleanup/rework to see more relevant applications would be useful and appreciated I am sure.

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
Although there are several points worth considering in your suggestion, I still have a very mixed opinion on it.

~ There are most certainly many people who will agree with the fact that the content isn’t always the best and that it could use some “fixing”, like using the proper format for applications or simply correcting the grammar. I personally agree with you for this, but it isn’t the main topic here: let me explain.

- I disagree with most of what was said in your first statement. People will not always have on-point formatting & formulating and won’t always grasp the right ideas on their first tries. You can’t always force or expect people to create a masterpiece, hence why feedback (whether they’re reaction or replies) is also important: removing that aspect would affect the community in negative ways, and inspiration will no longer be an option. Covering this point, isn’t the forums a place made for public? If so, wouldn’t you think that making half the threads private (or hidden to the community) would just ruin everything?

- I would suggest for you to simply stay away from the application section if you dislike them that much until a more suitable solution comes up, or filter what you read by possibly checking out the forums section in the RPH discord, it does help a little, but not completely- I am aware of that (as the “relevant” threads are not obvious to spot).

→ Now, for the filtering… I do think that is a better idea since it could be customized by everyone, but again, how would that be done? How would you determine which threads exactly could be hidden when, like you said, most quality threads get pushed down by the so-said bad ones, which are usually all in the same category? Hiding every single thread by yourself would be dumb- it’d make the upgrade useless. If anyone has an idea of how to fix that issue, don’t hesitate to reply here…

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
If the post gets enough reactions, then it'll be public, instead of hidden.

But then how would you find the threads to react to them in the first place...? Hidden threads would be hard to find unless you know the person / you follow someone. If your method applies, reactions would be way less common: therefore a very small amount of public threads.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Maybe something simple like being able to choose which categories you want to see show up, so that those who need to see new applications (often those marking them) can get the chance to see them quicker, this would work for all parties but be set to default as it is now.

However, as for what @Ryanark said, I don't think a cleanup (in the sense of, deleting irrelevant comments or inactive users.) would be a very good thing to do, its apart of the internet and it should ALL be left so that we can ponder it if we decide to look back on it, its a small bit of history afterall, however a redesign whilst still keeping the factors that make the current forums easy to use would be an appreciated thing to add.

greehn

Level 111
As you mentioned, you wanted application threads to be hidden/private instead of being public. This is something I disagree with since seeing others application gives you motivation, and some insight on how YOU could make your application better and etc.
i agree with this, thank you for sharing.
but not being able to see any applications of other people would be boring.
my whole point is that when i go on the forums, all I see are applications. i don't often go out of my way to look at the actual forum sections, but instead look at the recent postings section. when that is just filled with mostly application or item requests, i miss some threads that i wanted to reply to, but felt it would be necroposting if i did.

I would suggest for you to simply stay away from the application section if you dislike them that much until a more suitable solution comes up
as i have stated already, its not that i actively look for the application threads, but i just happen to see an overabundance when looking at the recent postings section. i'm not a hardcore forums user, so i don't really wish to go out of my way to look at each individual category or sub-forum to check what i have missed. i rely on the recent posting to find the cooler threads. i simply want to just check out whats new, and be on with my day. when i see that most of the recent postings are just applications, i always feel that i have wasted my time bothering to check out the forums. otherwise i do agree with all of your other points. thank you for sharing.

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
as i have stated already, its not that i actively look for the application threads, but i just happen to see an overabundance when looking at the recent postings section. i'm not a hardcore forums user, so i don't really wish to go out of my way to look at each individual category or sub-forum to check what i have missed. i rely on the recent posting to find the cooler threads. i simply want to just check out whats new, and be on with my day. when i see that most of the recent postings are just applications, i always feel that i have wasted my time bothering to check out the forums.
This does mean that the bot will have to be upgraded as well if your original suggestion gets accepted- and it'd have to get personalized for every single individual and their preferrences, which could prove rather problematic...

otherwise i do agree with all of your other points. thank you for sharing.
No problem!

greehn

Level 111
This does mean that the bot will have to be upgraded as well if your original suggestion gets accepted- and it'd have to get personalized for every single individual and their preferrences, which could prove rather problematic...
no it doesn't...... it can still show everything whether or not you can view it. as you can see when someone posts a staff application....

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
but i just happen to see an overabundance when looking at the recent postings section. i rely on the recent posting to find the cooler threads. i simply want to just check out whats new, and be on with my day. when i see that most of the recent postings are just applications, i always feel that i have wasted my time bothering to check out the forums.
no it doesn't...... it can still show everything whether or not you can view it. as you can see when someone posts a staff application....
Hmm...
If your suggestion works though, would you still rely on that method to find the good threads?- Or how would you proceed? Cause like you said, all threads are visible in the #forums channel, and it sometimes gets annoying to scroll through the irrelevant ones.

Users who are viewing this thread