mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Suggestion: Height Adjustment for Shorter Animals

Keo

Level 1
IGN: LavaKeo
DATE: 05/21/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Hi, would it be possible to make it so that for players who are on animal whitelist, who are a short animal (ex. dog, cat, bird, raccoon), have adjusted eye level, and are capable of walking into spaces that are one block tall? Ex. /crawl command does this, but makes walking slower.

At the moment, a cat character is still two blocks tall, and the player "eyes"/camera is much higher than the animals actual eye level. When interacting with human characters, a cat character has to look above the human character head to "make eye contact", and such.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This would increase realism (easier to interact with other characters), and improve immersion for any animal character that is one block tall.

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
That, sadly, it's really technically possible. We could force short characters to always be crawling, but that seems like a pretty terrible solution because it also makes you slower. Other than that, placing your camera one block down isn't possible without moving the player (which is still there, just invisible) down into the ground, and then you wouldn't be able to move. While I do like the idea, this just isn't something we can control. I think the best "solution" would be to just /crawl whenever you need to go through a tight gap.

why not also me ):

Lizalopod

Level 130
That, sadly, it's really technically possible. We could force short characters to always be crawling, but that seems like a pretty terrible solution because it also makes you slower. Other than that, placing your camera one block down isn't possible without moving the player (which is still there, just invisible) down into the ground, and then you wouldn't be able to move. While I do like the idea, this just isn't something we can control. I think the best "solution" would be to just /crawl whenever you need to go through a tight gap.

why not also me ):
Actually, can't crawl be sped up? I've seen a bug where people would crawl like, really fast. If it's possible this would be a cool addition, +1

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback. After discussing this with the staff team, we've decided to deny this.

- As this is fairly difficult to implement and doesn't provide much benefit over just using /crawl manually, we sadly won't be adding this to the animal system.​

Users who are viewing this thread