mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SUGGESTION/RANT | GangRP is ruining the server

idk my name

Level 4
IGN:
??? | I want to keep this anonymous because not tryna get hated on, and having my IGN here wouldn't benefit me.

DATE:
12/19/21

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I think an unfiltered rant or suggestion on this topic has been long delayed for the past year or two. GangRP is ruining the server.
I've been apart of many factions and groups during my time on SRP and have experienced different types of GangRP, some worse than others and some not so bad, but what I want to shed some light on is the broken rules and blurry lines in the Gang system, along with suggesting new ideas to replace the blurred lines and make roleplaying more enjoyable for everybody.

All the suggestions are simply ideas and obv need work.

SUGGESTIONS:
1. AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR WEAPONS AND ITEM PERMISSION REQUESTS
I like to have and play as delinquent characters, so bullying, fighting, and antagonizing is normal for me whenever I play that character and interact with other characters. Sometimes this means getting involved in gangs and delinquent crews, etc. Problem with this is that I can't knock someone out in a casual street brawl without a 16 year old slashing my character's neck open with a katana right after. Weapons that can do serious damage and require real skill to use and do damage like that in real life, like a naginata, should need some sort of leash. It isn't realistic to see a bunch of teenagers running around with samurai swords doing moves that would takes years of practice on a character with zero backstory or real training, and it IS NOT fun to be on the receiving side. Having an age requirement or form for high-skill weapons and certain moves would keep things realistic and more interesting. Yeah it's cool at first having samurai teenage mutant ninja turtle wars but it gets annoying and boring after awhile. It would also encourage people to ACTUALLY ROLEPLAY to get their character to that point and skill. Having to fill out a form and show proof your character knows how to use a complex weapon like a naginata would prove there is at least SOME development and it isn't just some throw-away character. I know verified gang weapons were supposed to fix this, but just because a character is a lackey in Kishi Division doesn't mean they're a feudal-age samurai.
Some examples;

NAGINATAS & KURI-KATANAS - FORM REQUIRED

KATANAS - AGE REQUIREMENT (20+??)

2. REASON TO KILL DO-OVER
The permissions system is outdated and flawed. I shouldn't have to worry about knocking someone out with a baseball bat, then the next day all of my char's limbs getting chopped off and I get posted on an activity channel. I think it's a bit of a stretch for my character to get killed over pulling out a baseball bat since the most it can do is hit someone's head. Getting a character that likes to fist fight for fun shouldn't have to get involved in gang wars and planned hits, plus you gotta have a massive ego to place a hit on someone just because they beat you in a fight, just saying.

USE OF BLUNT WEAPONS, BATS, PIPES, ETC. - MAJOR (KPS IF INTENTION IS TO KILL WITH SAID WEAPON)

USE OF SHARP WEAPONS, KNIVES, KATANAS, AXES, ETC. - AUTOMATIC KPS

Gang wars and rivalry is one thing, but killing just for the fun of it is a whole 'nother concept. Most of Karakura criminals don't have a real reason to kill and just binge-slaughter. It's unrealistic how characters with no mental illnesses that are perfectly healthy will just kill like serial killers for no reason at all other than someone knocked out their friend. People will use perms without their characters actually knowing why they're doing it, since everything is coordinated out of character over a voice chat.

RANTING:
Most of the SRP community hates Gang RP now because the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Gang RP is losing. Losing characters, losing fights, losing reputation, losing a weapon, even down to losing a simple fee of 5,000 yen. Everybody in the Gang RP community (for the most part, there are some chill people) can't take no for an answer. Arguments and toxicity are the foundation for playing as gang members. I know killing is fun but you gotta take into account other people's characters and if they actually deserved to be killed. Most gang member characters have zero morals or emotion and it's just "kill, mug, sleep, repeat" 24/7. Characters that are in gangs should have at least some sort of reason for why they are in them besides you having a friend in that gang. I can't fight a gang member and starting a petty beef without my brand new character getting jumped by 10 masked guys all dual-wielding katanas.

Of course Gang RP is dead, I don't blame Banter for being annoyed at himself for creating it. I miss when Gang RP first was a thing and people could fight and have gang encounters without arguing or reporting someone every five minutes. I feel bad for staff members cause it's like babysitting a bunch of toddlers. I've literally seen people with /help commands lol. This whole system really needs a makeover. I appreciate Minobu and the crime team's efforts to fix it but nothing is really working. I've seen people cry over lost characters, and I already know people are going to say "well you shouldn't be gang roleplaying on a character that you care about," not everybody wants to use a throwaway and roleplay on a stolen player's skin!!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I just want all the complaining and arguing to finally stop. A makeover of the system and a more strict rule system on toxicity would benefit everybody. Staff won't have to respond to /help 24/7 and normal roleplayers won't need to worry about their deep character getting killed after a fight. It would make the server a lot more enjoyable past the Gang RP community.

In my opinion there is more stuff that needs fixing, but that is to be determined with staff, hate and calling out was not the purpose of this message, even if unfiltered. Please do add more suggestions and give feedback on this in the comments!

Thanks for reading!!!

I KNOW A LOT OF YOU HAVE EGOS TO PROTECT BUT PLEASE KEEP THE COMMENTS RESPECTFUL OR I WILL HAVE STAFF MEMBERS CLOSE THIS THREAD TO COMMENTS.

Last edited:

Polar

Level 101
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
+1 However as someone who's suggested many things that could change GangRP, i doubt staff would accept this because its known to be a very low chance for staff to accept suggestions like these.

idk my name

Level 4
+1 However as someone who's suggested many things that could change GangRP, i doubt staff would accept this because its known to be a very low chance for staff to accept suggestions like these.
Yes! I've seen that on many occasions. I feel that this is more than just a suggestion as some of these suggestions could actually fix the server. I've seen a lot of friends quit SRP because their main character got killed over baited kill permissions. The rules are extremely flawed and it's so easy to bait perms it's honestly sad.

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
Big +1

I agree with a lot of this. I used to GangRP quite a bit but no longer do due to how it's gotten. I know not all real-life aspects are supposed to be taken in ICLY which is why a bunch of high school students can run around with weapons and commit acts of crime. But something like knocking someone out then getting limbs chopped off over it does seem a bit too much. And while the people GangRP'ing commit these crimes it's true a lot of those characters don't show any emotion at all and just kill anyone they are able to when given the chance. I could go on a lot more about this whole topic but I'm trying to keep this short. Basically, I agree with most of what was said in the original suggestion though I know there are reasons for some of these to be the way they are ICLY. But even knowing though I completely agree that certain parts of GangRP could use a change.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1

i actually really love the suggestions a lot. Revive gangrp this way. Make it make sense. STOP TRYING TO DO /ME STAB CAROTID PLS

idk my name

Level 4
Big +1

I agree with a lot of this. I used to GangRP quite a bit but no longer do due to how it's gotten. I know not all real-life aspects are supposed to be taken in ICLY which is why a bunch of high school students can run around with weapons and commit acts of crime. But something like knocking someone out then getting limbs chopped off over it does seem a bit too much. And while the people GangRP'ing commit these crimes it's true a lot of those characters don't show any emotion at all and just kill anyone they are able to when given the chance. I could go on a lot more about this whole topic but I'm trying to keep this short. Basically, I agree with most of what was said in the original suggestion though I know there are reasons for some of these to be the way they are ICLY. But even knowing though I completely agree that certain parts of GangRP could use a change.
I agree with this, some things in the system are fine the way they are, but lots of things need changes. Thank you for responding!

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
+1 for me as well I remember when people would usually kidnap the person with kps but not kill em just give them a verbal threat and scary them and they probably wont do it and if they do then consequences will be worse. Yea I used to gangrp with like a couple of my buddies back then I remember we were in vc chatting, planning, and doing stuff together and it was honestly just laughs and giggle it was better than what it is now but they slowly left srp 1 by 1 but when people say that gangrp is dead most can agree but the people that usually back it up are the ones that make it were it is I won't lie I was one of those gangrpers that copied and pasted and ran up stabbed and dipped that was a few months ago however and I left gangrp as a whole ever since from a few good friends of mine convinced me. Now i can see what they mean now srp gangrp is actually dead every srp player plays smart with perms because once they know someone got perms their char is gonna get beat/chopped/killed. I feel like if this was to be accepted it would make it more fun to do and regain the thrill since think abt it if you kill day after day the joy and thrill is gone but if you make it somewhat hard to get kps the thrill jumps pretty high and gang wars will somewhat be more fun to watch and more background behind it ig tho its my opinion. If you really wanted weps to have requirement I would say add like 2-3 more slots to verified roster and only verified gang members can have weapons so like 5 verfied gangs can have weps and make it somewhat hard to get verifed that way delinquent rp will be more common and people wouldnt have to be scared to ko someone thinking they will get hunted down but this is a thumbs up my guy!

Last edited:

idk my name

Level 4
+1 for me as well I remember when people would usually kidnap the person with kps but not kill em just give them a verbal threat and scary them and they probably wont do it and if they do then consequences will be worse. Yea I used to gangrp with like a couple of my buddies back then I remember we were in vc chatting, planning, and doing stuff together and it was honestly just laughs and giggle it was better than what it is now but they slowly left srp 1 by 1 but when people say that gangrp is dead most can agree but the people that usually back it up are the ones that make it were it is I won't lie I was one of those gangrpers that copied and pasted and ran up stabbed and dipped that was a few months ago however and I left gangrp as a whole ever since from a few good friends of mine convinced me. Now i can see what they mean now srp gangrp is actually dead every srp player plays smart with perms because once they know someone got perms their char is gonna get beat/chopped/killed. I feel like if this was to be accepted it would make it more fun to do and regain the thrill since think abt it if you kill day after day the joy and thrill is gone but if you make it somewhat hard to get kps the thrill jumps pretty high and gang wars will somewhat be more fun to watch and more background behind it ig tho its my opinion. If you really wanted weps to have requirement I would say add like 2-3 more slots to verified roster and only verified gang members can have weapons so like 5 verfied gangs can have weps and make it somewhat hard to get verifed that way delinquent rp will be more common and people would have to be scared to ko someone thinking they will get hunted down but this is a thumbs up my guy!
I used to be the average copy-and-paste roleplayer too, so I know first hand on both sides what it's like and I never wanna go back to that phase lol, thanks for replying!

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I agree with this completely, though it'd be best if you would've published it under your actual IGN. Staff won't accept a suggestion from someone who wasn't confident enough to back up their suggestion with a real name. (This is nothing toward you of course, but I can just assume this is how they will take it.)

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
Goodness gracious +1 from ME. Sadly most of the issue isn't something staff can fix, all they can do is try to implement a system that prevents stuff to happen. Please excuse my word vomit. If it were not almost 12am I would have written this better.

The one thing that bugs me with gangrp is that it's always had an issue from the narrative side, especially as of recent. There's a lack of consideration for why someone should be killing a character, and a lack of mutual respect when killing one. For example, if I'm gonna kill a developed character, it is only fair that I use a developed character too. It's close to an equal trade that way. A character that has been alive for less than a week should NOT be able to kill one that's been around for months.

The other issue is the lack of tension. I totally agree with what you said, it's difficult to even raise tension via fighting because it's so easy for it to get taken out-of-proportion and turned into a stab fest. I believe gangrp would be more fun if there were genuine characters fighting each other over in-character issues like uhh.. Say Player A's gang character CHEATS on Player B's character! Now Player B can go to a rival gang and go "BRO I JUST GOT CHEATED ON." and then yknow, the gang can go whack-thwacky and do a fun little scare. Nothing too severe, not a stabbing, just a .. "Don't do that again, bro." That way Player A's character can learn from this experience, and take the narrative in any direction they want. It could be raising tensions with the other gang, it could be scaring Player B. But it shouldn't be so serious that people are afraid to lose their character. I believe gangrp could be a lot more fun without that fear so people will feel less restrained. BUT all of that is up to PLAYERS to fix.

My suggestion which has been brought up before is forcing someone to have a character for AT LEAST a week or two before they can start killing.

If I have to have my character for over a week, I might as well develop them and actually roleplay with people which could help the lack of narrative tension going on. I might as well go bully the other gangsters around town, and then all of a sudden all these other gang guy's know MY gang character because I've been bullying them. It raises player interaction n stuff.. or something.

I understand that it'd be hard to moderate, and it'd come down to a lot of dms with screenshot evidence of "Yep, this guy has existed for over a week" and otherwise player honor code- But that's probably already happening with most IC murders anyways. I'm half sure like every time a character dies staff get involved anyways because players aren't happy when they lose their precious. Roleplay depends on a player's character after all, so it makes sense they're disgruntled.

However, I believe that the issue is really with CHARACTER DEATH. Not quite gangrp, gangrp is just like the big umbrella it falls under. I think if we had repeating gang characters things would be more fun. At the end of the day SOMETHING needs to be done about character death n how it SCUSK BALLS RN

Chei.

Level 9
IGN:
??? | I want to keep this anonymous because not tryna get hated on, and having my IGN here wouldn't benefit me.

DATE:
12/19/21

I think an unfiltered rant or suggestion on this topic has been long delayed for the past year or two. GangRP is ruining the server.
I've been apart of many factions and groups during my time on SRP and have experienced different types of GangRP, some worse than others and some not so bad, but what I want to shed some light on is the broken rules and blurry lines in the Gang system, along with suggesting new ideas to replace the blurred lines and make roleplaying more enjoyable for everybody.

SUGGESTIONS:
I like to have and play as delinquent characters, so bullying, fighting, and antagonizing is normal for me whenever I play that character and interact with other characters. Sometimes this means getting involved in gangs and delinquent crews, etc. Problem with this is that I can't knock someone out in a casual street brawl without a 16 year old slashing my character's neck open with a katana right after. Weapons that can do serious damage and require real skill to use and do damage like that in real life, like a naginata, should need some sort of leash. It isn't realistic to see a bunch of teenagers running around with samurai swords doing moves that would takes years of practice on a character with zero backstory or real training, and it IS NOT fun to be on the receiving side. Having an age requirement or form for high-skill weapons and certain moves would keep things realistic and more interesting. Yeah it's cool at first having samurai teenage mutant ninja turtle wars but it gets annoying and boring after awhile. It would also encourage people to ACTUALLY ROLEPLAY to get their character to that point and skill. Having to fill out a form and show proof your character knows how to use a complex weapon like a naginata would prove there is at least SOME development and it isn't just some throw-away character. I know verified gang weapons were supposed to fix this, but just because a character is a lackey in Kishi Division doesn't mean they're a feudal-age samurai.
Some examples;

The permissions system is outdated and flawed. I shouldn't have to worry about knocking someone out with a baseball bat, then the next day all of my char's limbs getting chopped off and I get posted on an activity channel. I think it's a bit of a stretch for my character to get killed over pulling out a baseball bat since the most it can do is hit someone's head. Getting a character that likes to fist fight for fun shouldn't have to get involved in gang wars and planned hits, plus you gotta have a massive ego to place a hit on someone just because they beat you in a fight, just saying.

USE OF BLUNT WEAPONS, BATS, PIPES, ETC. - MAJOR (KPS IF INTENTION IS TO KILL WITH SAID WEAPON)

Gang wars and rivalry is one thing, but killing just for the fun of it is a whole 'nother concept. Most of Karakura criminals don't have a real reason to kill and just binge-slaughter. It's unrealistic how characters with no mental illnesses that are perfectly healthy will just kill like serial killers for no reason at all other than someone knocked out their friend. People will use perms without their characters actually knowing why they're doing it, since everything is coordinated out of character over a voice chat.

RANTING:
Most of the SRP community hates Gang RP now because the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Gang RP is losing. Losing characters, losing fights, losing reputation, losing a weapon, even down to losing a simple fee of 5,000 yen. Everybody in the Gang RP community (for the most part, there are some chill people) can't take no for an answer. Arguments and toxicity are the foundation for playing as gang members. I know killing is fun but you gotta take into account other people's characters and if they actually deserved to be killed. Most gang member characters have zero morals or emotion and it's just "kill, mug, sleep, repeat" 24/7. Characters that are in gangs should have at least some sort of reason for why they are in them besides you having a friend in that gang. I can't fight a gang member and starting a petty beef without my brand new character getting jumped by 10 masked guys all dual-wielding katanas.

Of course Gang RP is dead, I don't blame Banter for being annoyed at himself for creating it. I miss when Gang RP first was a thing and people could fight and have gang encounters without arguing or reporting someone every five minutes. I feel bad for staff members cause it's like babysitting a bunch of toddlers. I've literally seen people with /help commands lol. This whole system really needs a makeover. I appreciate Minobu and the crime team's efforts to fix it but nothing is really working. I've seen people cry over lost characters, and I already know people are going to say "well you shouldn't be gang roleplaying on a character that you care about," not everybody wants to use a throwaway and roleplay on a stolen player's skin!!

I just want all the complaining and arguing to finally stop. A makeover of the system and a more strict rule system on toxicity would benefit everybody. Staff won't have to respond to /help 24/7 and normal roleplayers won't need to worry about their deep character getting killed after a fight. It would make the server a lot more enjoyable past the Gang RP community.

Thanks for reading!!!

staff please don't take this down​
IGN:

DATE:
12/19/21

SUGGESTIONS:
Some examples;

RANTING:

Thanks for reading!!!

staff please don't take this down :)​

+1 / -1 [My own opinion] GangRP isn’t ‘ruining’ the server - just many people use GangRP in the wrong way and make up random rules that don’t even make sense ;

EXAMPLE
She would attempt to slice the males / females hands using a ‘Pocket-Knife’

; This is a use of bad GangRP and incorrect rule-reading. I do think that most of the GangRP ‘community’ should get taken down due to how toxic and unsafe the environment is for other people and how people get involved with the wrong people and that leads to a whole new mess. ;

On the other hand ; Some of the GangRP community is honestly VERY fun to work with & to get to know.

EXAMPLE
oInfi, Missinglemons, Anticlockwrks, Kenzo, TwerkingJesusRP, BlackmarketRP, Ruin06, uCarter, + many others.

The ‘Gang System’ before the one used now was broken down & extremely bad - it caused a lot of chaos. There were gangs listed as ‘Verified Gangs’ that weren’t even good gangs. It was a absolute mess. Some of these gangs wouldn’t even have turf or a mark anywhere in Karakura. Not only the gangs being awful but incredibly toxic.

In GangRP there will always be complaints due to the amount of new players that get involved with the ‘GangRP Community’ - but I do agree that there should be a minimal change in this section of GangRP.

Many people go into GangRP without realising what they are getting themselves into - on the other hand some people do know what they get themselves into and still make mistakes.

EXAMPLE
A gain of ‘KPS’ (Kill permissions) on Esterno Martinez (YonioTheNacho) - Me and a few friends gained these permissions due to Yonio arresting me at that time, Someone in our ‘Friend group’ at the time saw - they reported it to everyone else INCLUDING a character that I already had / knew them on - later in the day we planned a ‘KPD Raid’ and stormed KPD with Katanas, Kuris, Axes - ECT. We couldn’t get to Yonio due to a wall that was in between us. So someone from our friend group used my character as a hostage and threatened to kill me if Yonio didn’t come out of the station.

RESULTS
- I got banned for 3 days due to ‘Baiting KPD/PLAYERS’
- A few ‘GangRP’ Blacklists were issued out, they all lasted for around 3 weeks.
- A new ‘Terminology & server rule’ about the KPD Raids came out. ‘f) Gang members, verified gang members or regular players may not raid, protest or start any sorts of riot in or outside of the police station unless permission has been granted by the police commissioner’ [ https://schoolrp.net/rules/ ]

Aside from this, even good GangRP’ers make mistakes and have to learn from them ; Sometimes you also just have to find the right people to work with and to have good friends in the Community. The way that GangRP works is ‘If you get into GangRP then you are always going to be going on in that cycle of dealing with new player's - when people get staff to confirm permissions on the other player(s), you just have to cope with this from time to time - I’d say now that staff are more strict on GangRP due to them realising toxic ‘Gang Communities’ and taking them down from the ‘Verified’ status. [When METSU led Bakuto]

Staff have done many changes to GangRP that people are grateful for, individual things like this are making the ‘Community’ 10x better instead of leaving a gang to kick people out OOCLY and killing their characters ICLY and being overly toxic ; they did something about it and that small thing, I appreciate dearly.

I am NOT saying that Metsu is a bad GangRPer - I am just stating that some people aren’t cut out to lead a ‘Verified Gang’ and it may cause chaos and thinking they’re better than most people - also misunderstand-ing a few rules in the field of GangRP - if you do not agree with what I have said about this individual, I don’t want a fight going on & childish behaviour, this is strictly what I think and how some of these changes have an impact on the GangRP Community’ - Do not dislike & provoke action upon this individual. As of this I would like to clear out that I am not hating on anyone and I do apologise if I worded it like I did.

Last edited:

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
+1

Most of gangrpers don't like to acknowledge they are not ruining the server by "doing it because it's fun", I was one of those, however now I have realized that GangRP is the joke of SRP due to players not properly roleplaying, at least not realistically. When you're seen around the powerplant they would just walk to you and jump your character, I get it that powerplant is not a safe place icly but do their characters know that? Do they know what are they jumping someone for? They have no actual reason to simply do /me hedbutt, they just do it because, and that's what happens when you let the community do their own and not giving limitations. At this very point, GangRP is just /me stabs cartoid, /me hedbutt, /me sweeps and many others, acting as if their characters were blade masters of sorts. GangRP must be given limitations NOW.

idk my name

Level 4
Goodness gracious +1 from ME. Sadly most of the issue isn't something staff can fix, all they can do is try to implement a system that prevents stuff to happen. Please excuse my word vomit. If it were not almost 12am I would have written this better.

The one thing that bugs me with gangrp is that it's always had an issue from the narrative side, especially as of recent. There's a lack of consideration for why someone should be killing a character, and a lack of mutual respect when killing one. For example, if I'm gonna kill a developed character, it is only fair that I use a developed character too. It's close to an equal trade that way. A character that has been alive for less than a week should NOT be able to kill one that's been around for months.

The other issue is the lack of tension. I totally agree with what you said, it's difficult to even raise tension via fighting because it's so easy for it to get taken out-of-proportion and turned into a stab fest. I believe gangrp would be more fun if there were genuine characters fighting each other over in-character issues like uhh.. Say Player A's gang character CHEATS on Player B's character! Now Player B can go to a rival gang and go "BRO I JUST GOT CHEATED ON." and then yknow, the gang can go whack-thwacky and do a fun little scare. Nothing too severe, not a stabbing, just a .. "Don't do that again, bro." That way Player A's character can learn from this experience, and take the narrative in any direction they want. It could be raising tensions with the other gang, it could be scaring Player B. But it shouldn't be so serious that people are afraid to lose their character. I believe gangrp could be a lot more fun without that fear so people will feel less restrained. BUT all of that is up to PLAYERS to fix.

My suggestion which has been brought up before is forcing someone to have a character for AT LEAST a week or two before they can start killing.

If I have to have my character for over a week, I might as well develop them and actually roleplay with people which could help the lack of narrative tension going on. I might as well go bully the other gangsters around town, and then all of a sudden all these other gang guy's know MY gang character because I've been bullying them. It raises player interaction n stuff.. or something.

I understand that it'd be hard to moderate, and it'd come down to a lot of dms with screenshot evidence of "Yep, this guy has existed for over a week" and otherwise player honor code- But that's probably already happening with most IC murders anyways. I'm half sure like every time a character dies staff get involved anyways because players aren't happy when they lose their precious. Roleplay depends on a player's character after all, so it makes sense they're disgruntled.

However, I believe that the issue is really with CHARACTER DEATH. Not quite gangrp, gangrp is just like the big umbrella it falls under. I think if we had repeating gang characters things would be more fun. At the end of the day SOMETHING needs to be done about character death n how it SCUSK BALLS RN
I agree with this completely, killing is a big problem but what i was trying to point out is what leads up to killing, it’s pure exaggeration to chop a limb off because you lost a street fight you know? And if your character is in a gang or wants revenge then that situation would eventually lead to killing. And I love the week-long requirement, having this paired with a character form for certain weapons would prove that character actually deserves that weapon. The only thing keeping people from getting a weapon they need to get rid of a character, no matter the skill needed, is one application away. Thank you for replying!

idk my name

Level 4
+1 / -1 [My own opinion] GangRP isn’t ‘ruining’ the server - just many people use GangRP in the wrong way and make up random rules that don’t even make sense ;

EXAMPLE
She would attempt to slice the males / females hands using a ‘Pocket-Knife’

; This is a use of bad GangRP and incorrect rule-reading. I do think that most of the GangRP ‘community’ should get taken down due to how toxic and unsafe the environment is for other people and how people get involved with the wrong people and that leads to a whole new mess. ;

On the other hand ; Some of the GangRP community is honestly VERY fun to work with & to get to know.

EXAMPLE
oInfi, Missinglemons, Anticlockwrks, Kenzo, TwerkingJesusRP, BlackmarketRP, Ruin06, uCarter, + many others.

The ‘Gang System’ before the one used now was broken down & extremely bad - it caused a lot of chaos. There were gangs listed as ‘Verified Gangs’ that weren’t even good gangs. It was a absolute mess. Some of these gangs wouldn’t even have turf or a mark anywhere in Karakura. Not only the gangs being awful but incredibly toxic.

In GangRP there will always be complaints due to the amount of new players that get involved with the ‘GangRP Community’ - but I do agree that there should be a minimal change in this section of GangRP.

Many people go into GangRP without realising what they are getting themselves into - on the other hand some people do know what they get themselves into and still make mistakes.

EXAMPLE
A gain of ‘KPS’ (Kill permissions) on Esterno Martinez (YonioTheNacho) - Me and a few friends gained these permissions due to Yonio arresting me at that time, Someone in our ‘Friend group’ at the time saw - they reported it to everyone else INCLUDING a character that I already had / knew them on - later in the day we planned a ‘KPD Raid’ and stormed KPD with Katanas, Kuris, Axes - ECT. We couldn’t get to Yonio due to a wall that was in between us. So someone from our friend group used my character as a hostage and threatened to kill me if Yonio didn’t come out of the station.

RESULTS
- I got banned for 3 days due to ‘Baiting KPD/PLAYERS’
- A few ‘GangRP’ Blacklists were issued out, they all lasted for around 3 weeks.
- A new ‘Terminology & server rule’ about the KPD Raids came out. ‘f) Gang members, verified gang members or regular players may not raid, protest or start any sorts of riot in or outside of the police station unless permission has been granted by the police commissioner’ [ https://schoolrp.net/rules/ ]

Aside from this, even good GangRP’ers make mistakes and have to learn from them ; Sometimes you also just have to find the right people to work with and to have good friends in the Community. The way that GangRP works is ‘If you get into GangRP then you are always going to be going on in that cycle of dealing with new player's - when people get staff to confirm permissions on the other player(s), you just have to cope with this from time to time - I’d say now that staff are more strict on GangRP due to them realising toxic ‘Gang Communities’ and taking them down from the ‘Verified’ status. [When METSU led Bakuto]

Staff have done many changes to GangRP that people are grateful for, individual things like this are making the ‘Community’ 10x better instead of leaving a gang to kick people out OOCLY and killing their characters ICLY and being overly toxic ; they did something about it and that small thing, I appreciate dearly.

I am NOT saying that Metsu is a bad GangRPer - I am just stating that some people aren’t cut out to lead a ‘Verified Gang’ and it may cause chaos and thinking they’re better than most people - also misunderstand-ing a few rules in the field of GangRP - if you do not agree with what I have said about this individual, I don’t want a fight going on & childish behaviour, this is strictly what I think and how some of these changes have an impact on the GangRP Community’ - Do not dislike & provoke action upon this individual. As of this I would like to clear out that I am not hating on anyone and I do apologise if I worded it like I did.
I can kind of agree with you that most of the problem is individual attitude more than rules but with lack of toxicity rules there is already some lenience and toleration for it.

Thank you for replying but please refrain from naming players.

idk my name

Level 4
+1

I agree with this completely, though it'd be best if you would've published it under your actual IGN. Staff won't accept a suggestion from someone who wasn't confident enough to back up their suggestion with a real name. (This is nothing toward you of course, but I can just assume this is how they will take it.)
I took that into account but if staff really took the problem into more consideration I don’t think they’d ignore this post because I didn’t want to put my ign, if it comes down to that then I’ll put it there for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread