otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
IGN: wwish
DATE: 19 Jan 2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

COLLEGE DORMS [For the new map]

Why?

Considering how most colleges- Have dormitories attached, I don't see why it shouldn't be added for the new map. Most college students don't realistically live on their own on apartments (unless they're rooming with someone else or their parents are filthy rich)- It'd also grant open new role play experiences. 'Party at my dorm!' , 'I heard there's some suspicious items in Y/N drawers. . . I should know, I'm their roommate.' and 'We need to sneak out later. . . To avoid being seen by the dorm mum.' It's also rather unrealistic that most individual teams can have their own individual towers- regardless if they have the money or not. Yes, the frats and sororities will still be there. . . A key experience in college is the dorm experience while also bringing a new perk of applying for college.

How?
There'll be a sign up area at the front of the dorms which would basically have signs for every room and which one is available. There'd be a small application form before payment on getting the dorm.

For example:

IGN:
REASON OF DORM REQUEST:
DORM NUMBER:
LINK TO COLLEGE APPLICATION:

Dorm rooms applications can be on the FORUMS or the KARAKURA ACADEMICS DISCORD SERVER being marked by the vice-dean and vice-principle (since the dean and principle would most likely be occupied marking the actual college applications) If it's on the forums- It'd be under COLLEGE or CHARACTER APPLICATIONS.

Dorms would cost 30k-??? or higher, depending on the consumer surplus. Like how we used to do in 2019 where the discord server would have a lost of available places in the apartments, it'd be somewhat like that but in the Karakura Academic area.

For example

IGN | ROOM 404 [AVAILABLE]
IGN | ROOM 203 [OCCUPIED]

What about High school?

There's way too many people in high school for this to work- adding to the fact that it'll probably disorganise everything.

What's the use of apartments then?

Apartments will still be there- I believe. There's going to be a limit to how many dorm slots there are. It'll just be lower than the apartment costs.

How many people in a room?

There'd be ranks

PRIMARY- One person

DELUXE- Two person

STANDARD- Three person

The standard bedrooms looking somewhat like this
upload_2021-1-20_0-6-52.jpeg

I probably didn't elaborate on some things as clear as I should've so here's a quick summary

• You'll have to apply for dorms , payment ranging regarding the consumer surplus
  • It'll be attached to the college, easy access
  • There's different types you can get (Changes the number of possible people in the dorm)
  • There'd be a limited number of slots (So it can still provide use to apartments and houses)
  • There'd be knowledge you're a college student by linking your college application to your dorm request
  • It'll only be for COLLEGE

That's all, thank you for reading.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
+1
I love this idea, but if you haven't realized College applications are going "bye~bye" and are getting replaced with exams instead. So, if they do make a forum for this to apply awesome. While at it with the new map, the High School and College should definitely separate so they have an excuse for actually finishing the College side of the school. This would also help for if your in College you have your own classes and the High Schoolers have their own classes. So it separates them more and so Professors and Teachers wouldn't work together. I'd also add to the forums for which one you'd like to rent as a dorm with also who'd you like to room with, or they could make it realistic and whenever you join college you get assigned a dorm with a random person, this would also help people who just try and stay with the same people and help them venture out and make new friends. So all in all very good idea!

imgayforwomen

Level 111
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

I believe it brings a whole new aspect to SRP and including the fact that apartments are pretty hard to find, people can easily get a dorm room instead. Of course, they could be able to build, but I feel like building should only be allowed if you should make a format of the room you want to build and then send it to Banter so he can confirm you can build (build perms would be disabled until confirmation). This would allow people to add their own stuff to the dorm. As well as what Woofy1009 mentioned, college will be taken in exams, meaning if people want a dorm, they should be really committed to SRP and actually be willing to become College. This also helps College to another level. A lot of people can't get apartments so dorms are the next thing.

I definitely agree with this idea.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1 / -1

It's very apparent that for a long time we've been trying to introduce a form of 'DormRP' as RyanArk used to refer to it as. I'd love to see this be a possibility, but due to the size of the map it might become an issue. This would benefit the college in a number of ways of being very appealing, along with the new examination system it is tougher to get into college so managing the size of these dorms would be easy.

If I were to look at it in a way that I think works better for the map it could work that the College has rented out an apartment block, so it won't look entirely different and would still in a way make sense. Good suggestion will be sure to discuss this if possible during the next meeting

Im6

Level 184
PENDING

Thanks for your feedback. This thread will be replied to with a finalized response later today once staff have had a chance to discuss it.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread