Heya y'all!

IGN:
TheIsa

DATE:
02/08/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Changes to the way the animal/ dog whitelist works

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I've been playing around with the dog whitelist for a good while now, and I've got a few dog specific suggestions but also a few that might improve quality of life with every animal whitelist! Being an animal has been really enjoyable so far, but these are my suggestions/complaints:

- Most importantly, a suggestion that I feel would make a lot of animal whitelist owners happy, not just dogs: I know that it might be hard to implement, but I would be so incredibly immersed if the first person view was improved, so that my point of view is accurate for the animal that I'm playing as and so that I don't have to constantly play in third person, and look at awkward angles because I want to look the people that hang out with me in the eye! I feel like this doesn't just apply to dogs but just about any other animal.

- Secondly, and this is a dog specific one: I am ever so jealous of cats for being able to lie down comfortably, and the closest dogs can get to a sleeping/comfortable position is sitting. Again, I don't know how hard this is to implement, but I feel like it could be fun and make for a more realistic pet!

- I've also found out that when toggeling nametags, so they're not in your face, as an animal (or at least with a dog, the baby one) you will be pushed around by your dog model until you turn nametags back on. weird!

Lastly, It would be fun if there was something implemented with smell, something with dogs and o
ther animals with sensitive noses to seek out sources of food/being able to track certain people's smells, imagine how cool that would be for police trained animals!

I hope some of this sounds reasonable, and that's all from me :)

philbertman42

Level 143
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I would be so incredibly immersed if the first person view was improved, so that my point of view is accurate for the animal that I'm playing as and so that I don't have to constantly play in third person
This isn't possible to do, at least not in a way that would be enjoyable for the user. Vanilla minecraft doesn't support changing a player's size or perspective, meaning that you're locked to the default 2 block high camera. The only way I could think of to shift your POV to match an animal would be by doing something similar to /crawl, but that comes with its own set of issues (such as not being able to jump).

I am ever so jealous of cats for being able to lie down comfortably, and the closest dogs can get to a sleeping/comfortable position is sitting
There is no animation for dogs to lay down in vanilla minecraft, so it's impossible to implement.

I've also found out that when toggeling nametags, so they're not in your face, as an animal (or at least with a dog, the baby one) you will be pushed around by your dog model until you turn nametags back on. weird!
Submit a bug report for this.

Lastly, It would be fun if there was something implemented with smell, something with dogs and other animals with sensitive noses to seek out sources of food/being able to track certain people's smells, imagine how cool that would be for police trained animals!
I think this would be cool for police dogs, but I don't know how they would go about implementing it. It's definitely worth looking into, I'd say.

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 118
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
Lastly, It would be fun if there was something implemented with smell, something with dogs and other animals with sensitive noses to seek out sources of food/being able to track certain people's smells, imagine how cool that would be for police trained animals!
+1

Mainly for this one though!
It'd also help with Service Dog tasks when a dog is trained to find someone specific!

KimiNoUso

Level 344
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We may look into adding more features for Animals, including Dogs. However for now, we won't be adding additional features like sense of smell.​

Users who are viewing this thread