Do you have a microphone?:
Yep, works and everything

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I understand

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m on the server pretty much everyday, the only thing that differs is the hours that I’m on everyday. On weekdays I’m on for only about 1-3 hours, however on weekends I’m on for a wide range of time, being 4-10 hours. Most of my friends play on the server so I will mostly play when they play, which is all the time.

Do you have any previous bans?:
Yes, one ban for ERP, however that was over a year ago and I have never been banned or warned since then.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-application.39156/ [Height Application](Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-application.35423/ [Italian Language Application](Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.35383/ [French Language Application](Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/journalist-application.34980/ [Journalist Application](Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sullenrps-language-application.42409/ [JSL Language Application](Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sullenrps-height-application.42589/ [Height Application](Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sullenrps-height-application.42601/ [Height Application](Accepted)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Currently I am a 12th Grader.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Science-Chemistry

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I have been playing on SRP and have been a part of the SRP community for over 1.5 years now, and over that long period of time, I have grown attached to the community as a whole. I’ve made so many friends that always encouraged me to try a different type of roleplaying, and I had always paid attention to the type of roleplay teachers do. It’s very interesting to me how teachers teach classes, as well as I love teaching people in real life, so being a teacher in game is just about the perfect job for me.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes I understand and I'm willing to roleplay that if needed.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher logs are used to keep track of the teachers and to show which teachers are active and hosting classes. They are also used to count the amount of classes a teacher has hosted per month to use for their payment at the end of the month. Its also used to keep track of the classes and how they went and the subject hosted as well as the amount each day. (edited)

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Respect.
Students and teachers are expected to respect each other in the learning environment. They are expected to make sure they respect everyone and not start fights as well as teachers are expected to listen and teach as well as talk to students with pure kindness and hospitality.

No Violence or bad Language
Fight or any from of verbal/ or physical violence is not permitted on the school grounds or in classes this goes for both students and teachers. If caught, students fighting physically will be sent to detention for punishment to follow the rules if failed to follow instructions will result in further punishment and any verbal threats or slurs will not be accepted and students will be warned 3 times before being sent to detention. Teachers are expected not to start fights or swear they are to handle the situation at hand with care and caution. No

Eating or Phones(Gadgets)
Students and Teachers are allowed to have their phones on/ with them during school grounds/ hours however to be pulled out in class or detention is not allowed and if caught teachers have the rights to take the phones off them teachers are not allowed to pull them out during class as well as its a bad example. Food is the same students/ teachers may eat in their breaks or when they have a free period however if caught passing/ or eating food in class will result in a warning and the food being taken off them if failed to follow rules higher ups will be called to assist staff as well if needed. And gadgets as well are not permitted the use of gadgets in a roleplay situation is not allowed and if found being used will be warned OOCLY if failed to follow staff will be called.

No Illegal substances
Students are not permitted to bring into the school grounds/classes these items can consist of alcohol, smoking and any form of weaponry including masks. If found with these they will be confiscated and will not get them back, failing to follow rules will result in detention and continued will be called for higher ups .

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Well during the time I have been a part of the SRP community, I have studied and exercised the use and ability to DetailRP. It is a very important part of roleplaying to me, as it explains in detail what a character is doing and how it might affect another character. Besides DetailRP, I play a wide variety of characters, some loud, others quiet, but none boring. I love bringing new and interesting factors into roleplay, and that is what I have been doing ever since I started roleplaying back in March of 2020. I’ve also had people teach me other ways of RP, like roleplaying a character who is mute, maybe a character who is a social outcast, or maybe a character who is the popular type. Of course I am open to new experiences in roleplay, and I hope to see some as a teacher!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head Of Department
↳ Description: They are the teachers who have worked in the educational department for a long time. They are experienced and promoted by higher ups in the educational department and they have a lot of experience. They normally welcome and help out newer members.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They are normally Newly Qualified Teachers that have been moved up from their rank because of their ability to host classes and have been hard working in their job. If they keep up their work and continue to work hard they can be promoted Head Of Department.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They have finished their training and have also passed their exam and are now able to host classes independently. They can host a normal class like all the other higher up teachers and can rank up by undertaking a SLT test.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: These teachers have just joined the educational department and have to under go training by the Head of Department's. They are not permitted to host classes or their own but are able to attend other teachers' classes to see how to do it when they are prepared to host their own classes.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game are there to entertain, assign, create and host fun interesting classes to do throughout SRP school days. The lessons have some small learning intention but mainly are put in place for the fun and interesting experience for the students or players to interact with. Teachers out-of-character are dedicated to their job. They turn up everyday to their work to teach students how to do things they may need in their everyday lives once they become old enough to do things independently. Not only being a teacher they are also a role model for the students to look up to as well as guidance and open up different subjects for the students to understand and see what they would like to do in their lives. Teachers in-game also take up the role of being the fun and also helpful people of the sever they are put in place to make SRP more engaging and interesting as well as keeping the name School Roleplay alive. Teachers are dedicated to their job, always walking into their class with a smile on their face and dedication in their eyes. They are always welcoming and try to make things exciting or interesting for the students. They always turn up every day of the week to teach and make sure they are able to be there to help the students even if they are tired or exhausted from their work. They are always understanding the students troubles and issues and also trying to solve issues or troubles themselves and also in school with issues the students may have with one another. They encourage and support each and every student in their own ways mentally and academically.

450,000 yen is paid in-game to the teachers who host 15 classes every out-of-character month. An extra 50,000 yen is handed out to the teachers who host 25 classes every out-of-character month, making it 500,000 yen in-character.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: The name School Roleplay is self explanatory. The whole idea of the severs name is about school and roleplaying in a learning/school environment. Without those teachers or any form of teachers/learning facility around will cause the whole point of School Roleplay to be lost. The students will no longer be able to be classified as students instead of civilians and the campus itself becomes useless and has no role to be there. And therefore the whole name and idea of School Roleplay would be pointless, useless and forgotten.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
"Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won't Have."

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Kenji C. Matsuzaki was born and raised native in Karakura, Japan. He was always, and still is an energetic and confident man. Sometimes his confidence can be a bit annoying to others, but once people have been around him long enough, he is a delight. As a kid he always wanted to help people and show people the right way in life, so he had always wanted to be a teacher of some kind when he grew up. Kenji feels that students should be respected as much as teachers since there are a lot of instances where students are not treated equally. Kenji made a promise to himself morally that the people he taught, whether they were older or not, were treated equally and felt a safe sensation around him. The one thing most people will first notice about Kenji is his height. Kenji is 7’ 5’’, has a lean, but athletic build, and will seem to intimidate the average citizen. Despite his scary and intimidating looks, he is very friendly and will help anyone if they need it. He knows what it feels like to be an outcast, so he likes to help kids who struggle, whether that be with school, or just their social life. Overall, he can be a bit overconfident, but despite that and his abnormal height, he is a very nice man who loves to help people in need.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Kenji would first clear his throat and walk up confidently to the group, showing off a wide smile and bending down to their level. He would first ask them to keep down the swearing as it is school and there are other people around them. IF they were to continue, he would then stand up straight, towering over the delinquents, and glare at them with a stern look, telling them once more with a more direct tone of voice to keep the swearing down. If they still do not oblige, he will simply give them a detention and walk off back to his business.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Kenji would first view the class, observing who was talking, and who was behaving. He would then begin by putting a smile on his face and asking in a warm voice for everyone to quiet down, as the lesson was about to begin. IF the class continues to not listen, Kenji would remove his smile, glare upon the whole class, grab a nearby ruler, and whack it against the blackboard, making a loud noise to get everyone’s attention. Once the class had quieted down, he would continue the activity as if nothing had happened.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Kenji would enter the teacher’s lounge and first take a seat on a nearby chair. He would stretch out and place his hands behind his head, relaxing after a long day of teaching his class. If any other facility members walked in, he would be polite and say hello and make small talk. Kenji would stay in the teachers lounge for a while before returning back to work, grading for his students or making improvements to his lessons.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He would grab a stack of lab assessments and shuffle them into a neat and nice pile. He would then begin to pass out the papers to his students, making sure to ask, “If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask me, I’ll happily help you out.”

/me He would grab his coffee mug, taking a long sip, watching as all the students in his class focus on the test he had prepared for them. He would then set the mug down and announce, “5 minutes left to finish up your test!”, before leaning back in his chair and getting his pen ready to grade all of the papers.

/me He would first grab a test tube, carrying the liquid copper chloride, before dropping a couple drops of the liquid onto the raging flame. The flame would instantly turn to a bluish greenish color before returning back to the normal flame color. He would put down the test tube and signal the class to take notes of what he just did.

/me He would sit back in his chair, waiting for everyone to gather into the class before jumping up onto his feet and announcing, “Alright class, today we’re gonna be dehydrating sugar!”. He would widely smile as he was excited to get started on the day's class.

Backstory
Kenji C.(Chiako) Matsuzaki was born on December 8, 1993 in Karakura Japan. As a kid he was very popular for being the confident and brave kid, but as time went on, he was noticed and noticed less by his peers. Even his family paid less attention to him. Kenji was confused at the time, he didn’t know what he did to make people not want anything to do with him, until one day someone finally said it. By the time he was in middle school he had grown to the height of 6’ 8’’. Kids began to make fun of him, calling him names, like “the big ugly giant”. Kenji was brought down by this set back, so as he went down, so did his confidence, his energy, and himself as a whole, until one day a teacher from a nearby high school saw Kenji sitting by himself. By now Kenji had grown to 7’ 5’’, and was a complete outcast to the school. To Kenji’s surprise the teacher was just about as tall as him. The teacher began talking with Kenji as if nothing was wrong. He talked about a whole range of topics, but the one topic he always came back to was chemistry. “Kenji, everything will eventually lead back to chemistry, that's why chemistry is such a beautiful subject.” is what the teacher would always say to Kenji whenever they talked.

Overtime, Kenji began to develop his confidence back and he took an interest in chemistry. He continued talking to the teacher all throughout high school, but eventually, all good things came to an end. Kenji received news a couple weeks after his high school graduation that the chemistry teacher had passed away. Kenji was heart stricken by this news. It took him many weeks to process. But by the end of it, he was determined to finish what that teacher had started and he wanted every student to know the wonders of chemistry and how beautiful it could be. When Kenji began college, he was determined to become a chemistry teacher, no matter the cost. With his past learnings and his newly founded determination, Kenji was convinced that nothing would stop him from achieving his dream of continuing his teachers legacy, however there was one thing that could, and did stop him. Death. He received news that his father and mother had been murdered and his brother was nowhere to be found.

After hearing this news, he stayed in his home for weeks. He was in a state that he wasn’t sure he could come out of. That was until he remembered what his chemistry teacher would always say. “Everything will eventually lead back to chemistry, that's why chemistry is such a beautiful subject.”. He thought about all the people he would let down if he wasn’t there to teach the world about chemistry, and help people through their hardships. Maybe even help a kid that is going through what Kenji went through. Now he was more determined than ever to become a chemistry teacher. Eventually he went back to school, got his degree in chemistry and education, and is now ready for anything he might face at Karakura High.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Kenji Matsuzaki
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Ken
Preferred Name: Kenji

Age (Minimum is 27): 28
Religious Denomination: Agnostic
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: N/A
Year of Graduation: N/A
Major(s): N/A
Minors: N/A

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese, Italian, JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No I don’t

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A​

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Science Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread