mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted suneater 3d modeler application

suneaterchan

Level 105
IGN: My main is riyako. You already know my alts (suneaterchan & DerekSanders)

DISCORD: SUN#0040

PREVIOUS BANS: I have no previous bans on the server, and on top of that, no legitimate in-game infractions. As a dedicated member of the community and staff member, I intend to keep this record clean.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE MODELER TEAM?:
Only recently have I picked modeling back up, but within the past couple of weeks I’ve developed a new-found love for it that I didn’t quite have previously. There’s a multitude of reasons as to why I’d like to join the modeler team, so I’ll list them off separately & elaborate accordingly.

1.) My pre-existing love & passion for creative outlets, whether it be drawing, graphic design, or even something as simple as making a Minecraft skin.

My digital art granted me a good amount of Roleplay Hub fame back in the day, and even still, it remains as something I’m pretty known for. I like to believe I have a good idea of composition and understanding form. . .which is a fundamental, or at least I’d like to believe, in 3D modeling. I wish to expand upon this further, though, by joining the modeler team. Additionally, I spend a lot of my free time making skins & drawing. Sometimes, you get bored of one thing or burnt out and tend to the other, and 3D modeling would allow me yet another outlet. It’s basically just skin-making with a few extra steps! I also enjoy creating houses on the Sims 4 waaay more than I should, and just… building in Minecraft in general, and as it’s similar to that, it’s naturally just something I enjoy. I have a fairly good grasp on things like shapes and shading/texturing, too, and can certainly improve if need-be. This would certainly be a driving motivation to improvement!

2.) The quality of current models on the server & recreation of old models

In all honesty, there are certainly a ton of models on the server that aren’t quite aesthetically pleasing. Of course, it’s primarily the older ones, which are actively being remade. I would like to lend a hand in remaking these older models, and even updating others to look a little better and fit into Minecraft a little better–or more specifically, SchoolRP. As I do have quite the bit of experience in skin making (roughly 4+ years or so) texturing comes pretty easily to me. The bulk of my skill is in replicating the “trendy” SchoolRP skin shading style and my models reflect that. Not to sound too full of myself, but I do believe that my models & style of models fit the “style” of the server. Afterall, most of the charm my models bestow is in the texture!

3.) Overall contribution to the server

As of right now… I’m not a part of any community team other than just being a staff member. I tend to my duties as needed, but other than that I’m not too involved. I lend a hand with event team shena****ns and can easily do the same with the lore team, leaving me pretty open to other responsibilities. I’d like to take on another responsibility that positively contributes to the server, especially considering the fact that #model-requests has never been empty. Just like helping people as a staff member, the role of a 3D modeler is something I believe I’d enjoy doing. It’s basically a bunch of my favorite hobbies crammed into one!

WHAT PROGRAM DO YOU USE?:
Hopefully a huge relief to Mike… I use Blockbench! I started off on Cubik some time in mid-2020, but since then have expanded to Blockbench which I prefer. Should I ever have to use Cubik for anything. I already know the basics thanks to Adverbe.

PROVIDE AT LEAST 5 MODEL EXAMPLES ALONG WITH THEIR .JSON AND PNG FILE SIZES:
QUICK DISCLAIMER: I am ordering these models in the order of which they were created. Older models of mine will be at the bottom. It’s worth noting that as I went on creating these models, I learned a few things… regarding shapes, elements, textures, bleeding, etc. I’ve been trying my hardest to apply all tips I’ve received to my model-making!

RAPIER…THING.

.PNG FILE SIZE: Around 6 kb? I accidentally split this one up weirdly x_x
.JSON FILE SIZE: 11 kb

NOTE: …i probably need to practice something with a less complex handle. I'm only /just/ starting to get a hang of weaponry... please do not mind the weird positioning it's 1 am

PORCELAIN FLOWERED TEACUP
.PNG FILE SIZE: 1 kb
.JSON FILE SIZE: 4 kb
1647753025315.png

ROSE QUARTZ’S BROADSWORD
.PNG FILE SIZE: 2 kb
.JSON FILE SIZE: 4 kb

1647752833957.png

GLAMROCK FREDDY FAZBEAR PLUSHIE
.PNG FILE SIZE: 2 kb
.JSON FILE SIZE: 7 kb

1647752917346.png

NOTE: I learned a lot after making this model. There’s a lot I would change now regarding the shape alone & the texture and I may attempt remaking it in the future.

HOJUN PEACH SODA
.PNG FILE SIZE: 4 kb
.JSON FILE SIZE: 3 kb

NOTE: With this one, I didn’t directly follow the reference. I used the current model in-game to create this one, which was made by either Joe or Barlos, I can’t remember which but… credit to one of them for the original. It is an awesome model. I also found out how to remove unused texture thingies AFTERWARDS... the png file probably would've been smaller.

Thank you for reading & considering me as an applicant; until reviewal, I will continue practicing!

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
REVIEWED
  • I don't even know how to start, this is by far the most organized application I've seen so far, but in the end of the day, it's the work results that matters most and motivation. I can tell you have a passion in modelling and your texturing work is pretty good, although you will be going through a small training to manage to maintain the png size small.
  • Very good job on the simplistic style, specially on the rapier and tea cup!
  • Welcome to the Modeler team! Message me on the forums or Discord to get things set up. MikeShotZ#0960

Users who are viewing this thread