sunsetskies_
sunsetskies_
Omega+

KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Sunsetskies_

Previous bans:
I have not been previously banned on the server, this applies to all of my accounts.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am very active on the server and can typically be found online for 6 to 8 hours a day. My availability may be affected by external factors such as college or personal business, but I generally try to be as active as possible. I may take breaks for mental health or personal reasons, but these are usually brief and do not significantly impact my overall level of activity. In the past, I have held roles such as KHS Nurse and Judge at Townhall, which required a high level of activity and dedication. I have a strong track record of being active on the server and plan to continue being an active member in the future.

What is your timezone?:
My time zone is currently GMT.

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
mo!#1590

Do you have a microphone?:
I do have a microphone but, sometimes I will not speak within the VC but I will join and listen.

List your current and past applications:

Judge Application - Accepted
Department Change; Nurse - Accepted
Shrine Application - Accepted
Librarian Application - Accepted
(Keep in mind for the Librarian Application, it was full so i choose Receptionist.)

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:

I have quite a few experiences with roleplay, I’ve been on SRP for over two years or more but I've been through situations where I've had to detail rp regarding medical care or as a government worker in general. I currently work for the Town faction and I used to work as a nurse in the Employee faction of the school. My experiences go beyond the point of adding information regarding emotional and body language to the actions my character has done. My detail in roleplay has slowly developed over the period of roleplaying with the community and I plan on developing further during my time as a hospital staff if I get accepted.

What is your motivation for applying?

My motivation for joining the EMS faction has fluctuated over time, but recently I had the opportunity to participate in an internship program on my college account, eunjiin, which helped to renew my interest in medical roleplaying. I attended the internship program consistently, with only one session that I had to miss due to a conflicting obligation. Despite not being directly related to medicalrp, my previous experience as a nurse at KHS allowed me to gain a basic understanding of the role and sparked my desire to explore new roleplaying experiences within the EMS faction. I am eager to dive into this new set of roleplaying experiences and learn more about the EMS faction.

Which role are you applying for?
I am currently applying for the role of a Surgeon!

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

My knowledge of hospital work is to be expanded, but I mostly focus on the surgeon side. However, I am aware that as a hospital worker, you are supposed to help and treat those in need of assistance regarding injuries or anything else. All hospital workers are required to work alongside each other to make sure each day's duty is completed.

Current knowledge on the surgeon role;

My current knowledge is to be expanded but from what I learned at the internship on the basics of surgical procedures, including repair of fractures, lacerations, and damaged organs. Surgeons may also use specialized techniques such as reconstructive surgery or microsurgery to repair damaged tissues or restore function to injured areas. Surgeons also work on the prosthetic side of things, helping patients who have lost their limbs to be able to walk or talk again. Surgeons also can focus on a certain aspects like Cardiology or Neurology. I'm also aware they deal with the morgue and dead bodies. However, my knowledge still deems to be expanded and I hope that can occur.

Here's what I know about the following Roles within the hospital work.

Hospital Director -

The hospital director role is held by one person who will make all the main decisions in the hospital as well as oversee each clinical department and role that is within the hospital, ensuring that they are all working at the best possible level they can. The director can also do the same roles as the departments so they are able to treat patients if necessary, they have just as much knowledge as everyone else within the hospital if not more. The hospital director also helps oversee events that may happen within the hospital like new trainees or a school trip.

Clinical Manager -
The role of the clinical manager is like a second pair of hands to the director, they oversee all the clinical leads to ensure that everything is in working order and going smoothly, they also can do the same roles as other departments like treating patients when necessary or giving them prescriptions. They are also there to make sure each of the clinical leads is doing their job and that no corruption or bias is occurring within the hospital.

Clinical Lead -
The clinical lead role is split into three, one for each department which are; surgeon, doctor, and physiatrist. Their Job is to oversee their designated department to ensure that everything is in working order, and they can only focus primarily on their own department. If issues were to arise they'd have to report to the CM or the Director for further advice. Clinical Leads also help with training the trainees as well as taking part in helping patients in their designated departments.

Surgeon -
The role of a surgeon is often based in the theatre or trauma rooms, this is because they work on more major things that can happen within the human body. Surgeons are split into different skills regarding what they wish to specialize in, this can narrow to cardiology or neurology, etc. Surgeons often also spend their time in emergency rooms, the morgue as well as other places but usually the theatre. Surgeons can treat a variety of things such as internal damage to the organs or they can deal with prosthetics if one were to lose a limb. Surgeons also deal with removing things from the body as well as putting things into the body like transplants if its urgently needed. When becoming a surgeon the knowledge is rather vast and it does require a lot of dedication to the role as well as focus on surgery.

Doctor -
The role of a doctor is more similar than most people think, when it comes to working at the hospital doctors usually step in if something mild compared to surgeons. Doctors are there to help patients with check-ups, and diagnosis as well as treat basic injuries like cuts, broken bones, illnesses, etc. Doctors will help the patient with treatment as well as give them the correct medication if necessary. If it is too much for the doctors to handle they will eventually call a surgeon to take over the Job as doctors are limited in what they can do as a whole. They tend to have more situations to deal with as they deal with mostly minor injuries or illnesses that don't require any more assistance from other departments in the hospital.

Psychiatrist -
The role of a psychiatrist is more simple and narrowed down compared to the other departments, they primarily focus on the patient's mental health and well-being. As a psychiatrist, you are dedicating yourself to sitting down and letting the patient speak about their issues and helping them find around them, even if it means intense therapy or certain medication. A psychiatrist may have a simple role, but they play one of the biggest roles in the hospital. On rare occasions, a psychiatrist can step in and take the role of a doctor if there isn't one available, though they can only do simple treatments and not major ones like doctors and surgeons.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I completely acknowledge that I am subject to being demoted at any given time upon acceptance.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I completely acknowledge that by applying for this role, I am putting my 100% time and dedication into the role as a hospital staff member.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I completely acknowledge that if training is held whilst I am online, I am expected to attend otherwise punishments will be put in place.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge that I am not allowed to take things oocly when dealing with training and other situations that may come my way during my time as a hospital worker.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Irina Lei

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Irina's gender is female, and she goes by she/her pronouns but she doesn’t mind they/them!

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background

(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Lei completed a Masters's and PhD degrees, she completed one minor degree and one major. She completed Internal medicine to study further cardiology as well as completing a psychology degree as her minor.

Character’s Nationality:
Chinese

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Shinto

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Chinese, Japanese, German, and JSL

Backstory (100+ Words)
Lei was a very active young girl, living in Beijing with her sister Amari. She grew up with a skin condition that never really bothered her much as a child and found it unique about herself. But rather early in life, Lei’s parents were incapable of caring for her and her sister so their aunt and uncle adopted them instead.
As they kept going with life in China, Lei grew up to be fascinated with the medical section of life and dreamed of learning even more. She wanted to help people, learn and work with it. At the age of 20 she travelled away for university to chase her dream but soon discovered it wouldn’t be as fun as she thought. Despite her determination, she found it hard to focus and continue due to other people. At university people constantly reminded her of her skin condition and many of them spoke of it in a negative way so Lei faced a lot of bullying. This would drain her motivation quite a lot, sink her down and eventually she couldn’t continue with it. She dropped, not really knowing how to keep going with something she truly dreamed of. However, she decided to move to Karakura, Japan and start slowly. She took about one month off her studies, but she instantly felt she needed to get back to it so she continued her studies. And this shot her motivation and interest to the ceiling again, so after about a month she decided to continue her studies as a surgeon. She worked hard and learned to ignore the little bastards throwing comments about her skin condition and instead focused on her studies. Along with her studies she got the chance to work as an apprentice at a hospital for practical abilities where she soon learned this was what she truly wanted to do. Not only did this have her glued and determined, but it also made her happy. She knew that the time was soon, soon to be a real surgeon. She finally graduated at the age of 39 with her degree, knowing exactly where to start her journey. She started working as a nurse at the school in Karakura. As her family asked for her back, she thought it was a great start to use her new knowledge and abilities. But after 3 years she decided to initiate her new career as a surgeon and work at that hospital. She applied and got to know the staff quickly. And before she knew it, there she was.. a surgeon at the Karakura Hospital

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?

Lei decided to choose to study Cardiology, growing up she's always had a fascination with hearts and how they work. During biology classes in high-school Lei would always be writing information about the heart. Lei also grew up with her younger sister who was born with a condition that meant her heart wasn't stable and she was at risk of heart attacks, this made Lei rather determined to work as a cardiologist so she was able to figure out the best method to help her younger sister.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
When Lei graduated from Medical school, she was placed in a 2-year residency at the Seoul National University Hospital before being transferred to Peking University International Hospital for another 4 years to complete her residency to then move to Karakura to complete her dream as a surgeon. She completed this along the side of going to university and college.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Lei worked as a nurse at the KHS for a while, as well as her residencies back in China and Korea.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
After Lei completed her master's and Ph.D., she decided to go and study more cardiology in her own time at home with her informational books however she completed almost 10 years of schooling all on a medical degree and didn't take it further as she had the qualification she needed.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, and what makes them unique?

Lei is unique in a way people visually understand. The reason for her journey as a surgeon is nothing difficult to understand due to her skin condition. Her presence often makes people comfortable as they can tell her smile and comfort in herself supports the argument "it's okay to be unique". This has been common for Lei and many people appreciate the kindness and comfort she offers.
Her looks are different when she's wearing foundation vs when she isn’t, she's mostly wearing foundation. Lei has long brown locks that run to around her waist and has an hourglass figure, she often smells like Cherry blossoms, there is another unique feature on her that is hidden as well as her skin condition which is her butterfly tattoos that show on her neck down to her chest.

How does your character act on and off duty?
On the Job -
As a hospital worker, Lei is known for her compassion toward patients and her colleagues. Despite being a quiet person, she is described as caring and enjoyable to be around and is always ready to smile and laugh when given the opportunity. While she is professional while on duty, she maintains this demeanor even when not in uniform.

Off the Job -
Even when not on the job, Lei remains compassionate and caring towards others, with her family and friends being her top priority. She is also very community-minded and is always willing to drop what she is doing to help others. Off duty, Lei is more cheerful and true to herself, enjoying time with her loved ones.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Lei is a combination of both a team player and an independent worker. When it comes to tasks that require teamwork, she is happy to collaborate with others and contribute as much as possible. However, when a task only requires the efforts of one person, she prefers to work on her own as she is able to focus better and be more productive. That being said, Lei is open to having additional support and is not picky about who helps as long as they allow her to focus and get the work done efficiently.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Lei doesn't spend much time thinking about her future, but she is hopeful that things will improve as she becomes more skilled in her job. She is looking forward to starting her new journey as a fully qualified surgeon, and while she would like to advance in the EMS field, that is not her top priority at the moment.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Lei is widely known as a caring and kind individual, with no one ever having expressed any doubts about her character except for her former coworkers, who she dismissed due to their dislike of her for unclear reasons. Lei is also often described as a dedicated and hard-working woman who puts a lot of time and effort into getting things done. However, she doesn't see herself in the same way, mostly because she doubts her own abilities. Although Lei believes she is strong, independent, and hard-working, she doesn't think she has achieved her full potential in life. She also believes she is kind and caring towards her family, but sometimes doubts her own capacity for compassion.​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 227
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED
The Hospital Higher-Ups appreciate your interest in the faction, and after
carefully reviewing your application, we have decided to, unfortunately,
deny your application.

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction,
but we have made this decision based on the following reason(s):

- CAPACITY: Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we
often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as
better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put
into their application.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (alex!#4532) via Discord so that we can solve
any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread