TcbIsAngel_

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
TcbIsEvil_#3060

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
GMT+2

Describe your activity on the server:
At the moment, My activity really depends on the number of exams I have. But usually, I’m online about 2-3 hours on the server on weekdays, on weekends 3-5 hours

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I’ve been banned once about 2 years ago for not listening to a staff member. It was a couple of days of me playing on the server so I was new and was unaware. However, I have learned from that and have not been banned again, and don’t intend on getting banned.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do acknowledge the importance of a faculty member on the server and that my inactivity might affect other’s experiences on the server. I'll do my best to stay active as I am at the moment on the server.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
School Nurse

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A school nurse plays a very major role within the school. The main purpose of the school nurse is to medically assist any injured students, give first aid and watch out for drunk students. However as a part of the school faculty staff, nurses should also watch out for students who misbehave and give them their needed punishments if needed. School nurse would be seated at the front entrance at their office right next to the front desk.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been playing SchoolRP for around 2-3 years by now, I’ve gotten a lot of experience from different situations, StudentRP RomanceRP etc. I’ve also played on different types of servers&platforms of roleplay. For the last 10 months, I’ve been working as a school chef&receptionist which gave me a lot of experience on how to roleplay as a school employee.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

(ACCEPTED)

(DENIED)

(ACCEPTED)

(ACCEPTED)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Receptionist

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Firstly Shiori would tell them to quit disrespecting school staff, in a gentle but warning tone. Give them a warning and try to calm them down, if the student will keep misbehaving I’ll warn them for the final time that if they keep misbehaving they’ll end up in detention. If the student after all of that keeps misbehaving and being disrespectful ill send them to short detention during lunchtime. If all of the things mentioned above wont help I’ll try to get an higher up or SLT member to assist me with the problem

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Firstly Shiori would rush to the students and try to break up the fight by yelling at them if they won’t listen she’ll try to contact someone via the radio to assist her after that Shiori will try to understand what happened between the two students and will listen carefully to each side. Then, she’ll check visually if any one of them is injured and will offer medical assistance. Then Shiori will hand each of them a pack of cold ice from the nurse office and after that depending on whos fault it is, will send them to detention for misbehaving and fighting on school grounds

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Shiori would approach the employee and try to talk to them privately and understand
why they’re doing it and explain to them, that what they’re doing is unprofessional
and dangerous. If the employee is new to his job, Shiori would warn them with a serious tone and explain the rules once again saying that she hopes that it won’t happen again. If the employee is not new to his job Shiori will make sure to report him to the senior leadership team about his actions

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
In the employee break room, Shiori will firstly try to find a spot and take it, later she will unpack her lunch that she made earlier this morning. After that she will look for any of her employee friends and try to talk to them and find out how their day is going so far, Trying to talk quietly in order to not disturb the other employees in their break.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
As she stands up rushing towards the student, as she grabs some bandages from the shelf nearby. As she reaches the student she assists him to cover his nose to stop the nose bleed, helping him to get on the nurse bed, and taking out a clipboard as she starts to write what happened.
/me She’d stand up and follow the student, as they approached a student laying down on the floor. She’d carefully bend to the student and ask “What’s up?” as she placed both of her fingers on the student’s throat to check his pulse, As she asks another student to help her out and get a cold bottle of water. As the student wakes up Shiori helps him to get to the nurse’s office and lays him down to check a few more things with him.
/me As the students get up from the bed and walked towards the exit, Shiori cleaned a little bit the place from the blood and piece of garbage that students has left, closing the light and getting the keys out of her bag locking the door, and saying goodbye to her employee friends

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only):

Shiori Byun
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Preferred Name:
Shiori
Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
single
Academic Degree:
Masters
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Healthcare
Minors:
Psychology, business management
Nationality:
Japanese
Current Location:
Japan, Karakura
Native Languages:
Japanese
Other Languages:
JSL
(Japnese sign language)

Backstory

Shiori Byun was born into a small, tight-knit family in Karakura, Japan. She didn’t have any siblings, so was given the most attention from her parents. Her parents were cultured Japanese and were madly in love. Despite the years to their marriage, they still had a spark between them and would do a lot to maintain their affection and love for each other. Her dad was quite the romantic, and would seize any opportunity to take her out to dinner for example. Growing up Shiori idealised their relationship and therefore became a hopeless romantic. She would spend a lot of her time watching movies and reading intriguing books, expanding her knowledge of the wider world. But it also meant that it gave her something to compare her parent’s relationship to. Over time, she realised that she didn’t want love if it wasn’t as exciting and as committed as her parents’.

Throughout her childhood years, she was very committed to her studies. Her dad was quite strict when it came to education and had taught her from the start that to be successful in life, education is very important. She would set goals for her to complete on a monthly basis, after all, she was a very organised and punctual person. Her father was a businessman and she was always interested in his line of work, which led to her taking up a Business Studies class in highschool and she pursued this at College. She particularly enjoyed psychology which she studied in her spare time since her school didn’t offer the subject. She had built a foundation of psychological knowledge by talking to her mum’s aunt who was a psychologist for younger kids and researching different topics that took her interest in her spare time.

At school, she wasn’t the most popular and had trouble fitting in. However there was something at school that made the transition a bit easier - the male receptionist at the time. He was the second person she had talked to when she moved from Korea to Japan with her family. She was born in Japan but lived in Korea for the first few years of her life since the rest of her extended family lived there, including her mother’s maternal family. So when they moved back to Japan, she had to change schools of course. The receptionist was extremely kind and helped her settle in, showed around during lunch time so she could get used to the buildings and surrounding areas, he even let her eat lunch with him for the first few lunches, since she was finding it difficult to make friends as she had transferred in the middle of the year.

Later in her life, after having worked abroad in a girls school back in South Korea voluntarily, she decided she wanted to give back in honor of that one receptionist, by going back to Karakura High and working as the school receptionist.

In college, Shiori have been studying for nursing and healthcare
She started working as a receptionist as a starting job and to get some experience
after growing up she wanted to help more as much as she can as a nurse, to get the experience she decided to risk and apply for a school nurse as this was a similar environment for her and was loved to work with students

Motivation for Joining KHS (What is your motivation for changing departments?):
OOC:

I’ve been working as a receptionist for the past year, I want to try myself in a new role within school as I really enjoy working here and my experience is awesome, to keep myself a little bit more motivated I think that changing position might boost my motivation to work within the school and give me a whole new experience on this job. After all, I need to try other things than receptionist
IC:
Shiori has been working for a long time as a receptionist. However, there are many reasons why she’s considering a career change. In college Shiori was mainly studying for healthcare in order to help people, that was her dream job since she was young, Working as a nurse for the start will be much easier for her as she’s very experienced on how to work with kids and she will also be able to gain experience for a future job such as, hospital nurse etc. The more Shiori working with kids the more she understands how complicated they are and that slowly she starting to hate to work as a receptionist because the lack of sleep and headache she experiencing from the job

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
Yes, for almost a year I’ve been working as a receptionist and a little bit as a school chef. Currently, I’m the head of department and I’ve gained a lot of experience from different situations and events, I’ve been almost in every single possible to imagine situation and I’ll know what to do in each of them

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
Other applicants might have a better application than mine, but unlikely others I’m experienced at the job and I can show my maturity by the fact that I haven’t got warned even a single time. I’m very patient and active on the server and I’ll do my best to stay so. I’ll perform my job the best way I can do.
Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/
Additional notes about your application:

Just in case you didn’t notice, this is a switching department application
thank you for your time and for reading my application

Easter egg!
Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
Thank you for taking the time to apply! Fortunately, today, your application for NURSE has been put on
PENDING
. . .

You are permitted to change departments, however. . .

The department you are attempting to switch to is full. If there is another department you are interested with open slots, you can let me know & I'll switch you over. Should the role open up in the future, you will be given the option to change to that.
Contact SUN#0040 over Discord to obtain your required roles and for any other necessary information

Users who are viewing this thread