mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Sylcian's Lore Team Application

Sylcian

Level 9
PERSONAL INFORMATION:

IGN:
Sylcian

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team) Sylcian#8623

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord? Yes, I do!

Your time zone and current country of residence: USA | CST

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: I do not have an application for build team, but I am on it!

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team? Yes, I do!

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
There’s only a few things that can obstruct my progress actually! Which can be good, though recovering from these things might take a bit of time. As you know and may be familiar with, creative-block can come very easily to me as I do use my creative brain juices a lot! With building and putting a lot of my creativity into characters and families, it can get overwhelming. Though I usually do recover after a few days, a few weeks the most. The only other thing that can obstruct my progression is sometimes on weekends I’ll be out, but that’s all!

What makes you passionate about writing?: I really couldn’t tell you! I think it’s because in school, English class came so easy to me! Seeing my teachers enjoy my writing and creativity within my stories really filled me with excitement. It’s the best way that I can express my creative mind, whereas some people express themselves with digital art, painting, woodworking and other very creative hobbies!

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: I don’t have any recent works of writing that aren’t from SRP. Usually I do backstories for some people or backstories of families. I’ve practiced creative writing a lot in middle school, since I found it as my passion. If you’d like to see very old pieces of writing that have, feel free to DM me and take a look if you’re unsure!

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is a history of a story that is written or shown. Lore can tell a story behind a character, behind a painting, or behind a story, creating an even bigger story. Everything has lore within them. Something that defines their character, something that developed them to be the way they are. It even goes for places and imaginary things. Lore is where something originated from and grew to what it is now.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

On this cloudy day, Karakura was holding their second day of the Fish Fair. A young girl within the spartan household seemed to take an interest in the fair, rushing up the stairs to a friend's room, knocking on it. Knock knock! Sorano pulled herself out of her chair, managing to take herself away from her PC to answer the door. “What?” Sorano spoke with a tired tone, sounding like she was being annoyed by April’s presence, but April continued anyway. “Can you come to the fish fair with me?!” April’s excitement out-matched Sorano’s tired mood. Her sheer excitement made her bounce around, as if you said the word “walk” and she were a dog. Sorano looked back at her PC, then said “Yeah, why not. .” She shrugged after and then moved into her room to gather her things. They headed out towards the fish fair, as their late night adventure had just begun. After a long walk to the fish fair, the two girls arrived looking optimistic about the experience. Well, it was more just April. Sorano then told April “I’m going to buy fish for dinner.” As she moved towards the booth, by that time April had already run off, looking elsewhere. As Sorano waited in line, April had found a booth that sold fish merch. April jogged over quickly and stood in line to get her fish sweater, as she said “Nemo!!” and immediately threw the sweater on. By that time, Sorano had finished her order with the fish booth and met April close by. The girl exclaimed “They have SWEATERS!” and as Sorano looked at the shirt, her own eyes lit up and they rushed over to the booth. They waited in line again to get another shirt for Sorano with fish in hand, wrapped of course. Once Sorano had reached her turn, she asked the cashier “Do you have any that come in black?”. Before the cashier could respond with a no, a highschool girl quickly commented “Emo.” outloud, for all to hear. Sorano turned slowly, giving the girl a very angry look as she lifted her chin saying “and Who the fuck are you??” Once the girl saw Sorano’s reaction, she immediately became defensive, claiming “It’s not a bad thing, I was just saying you’re emo.” Sorano commented about the girl's attitude by calling her extreme names. Along with April commenting about the girl in Sorano’s defense. Though, before they left the area before the girl said anything more, she said “Fuck bobcats. .” and left with April. By this time, they walked around and found the ‘Cook the fish you bought!’ booth, with their friend Mako in it. They approached Mako and April greeted him “Mako!!” she said with a smile on her face. Mako greeted her with a smile, Sorano was still new around the area at the time so she kept her distance. Mako then asked April “Did you want something cooked?” and nodded, though she didn’t realize that she needed to have a fish for him to cook. Mako said “Do you. .have a fish to cook?” The realization brought April’s mood down quite quickly. Sorano looked at the armful of packaged fish she bought earlier and put one on the table. “It’s bass. .” April then looked happy again, seeing as Sorano got dragged out here, that’s all she wanted for April today. Mako cooked the fish with excellent skill. Once the fish was done, she packaged the fish up again and put it on the top of the stack. An announcement was heard from across the fair “The fishing competition is about to start!” April and Sorano walked over to the bleachers to sit with a few of their friends that arrived late. They watched the fishing competition till sundown. Sorano left a bit early, but eventually everyone made it back to the house. An eventful day for the two, I’d say.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

There’s a tale that started from long ago, when the city of Karakura was first found. There were plains beyond what the eye could comprehend and ocean as vast as the distance between earth and the sun. It’s said that an adventurer from a far unknown land had come across this quiet and peaceful place. He deemed it as his home, an escape from the reality that once caused him so much pain. Though, as he grew older in this quiet place, he told himself that he missed the voices of those he loved from his past. He thought to himself, trying to find a solution to his desolate lifestyle. He decided that he’d pack up his things and go on another grand adventure, though this time, it’s an adventure for love. Something he seemed to run from before, but was embracing now. He brought himself to a town and he was quite amazed at how he never noticed it before. There were many villagers who were taken aback by the mysterious man that has waltzed in, as it seems they don’t get very many visitors, if any, at all. As time went on, he seemed to stay in the village much more than he expected to, befriending those who lived here. He found a love for the village, so much so that he eventually became a resident, finding a real place to finally call home. As the lunar new year came around, there was a story that was told, reminding those of the village what’s out there. Danger soared across the land for them, as they held something precious to those in want of power. As the story came to an end the village elder emerged from her home, causing those who witnessed it to be stricken with worry. The crowd bowed before her, leaving the man curious as to what she could possibly be going on. The elder foretold an attack on the village in the near future. Someone greedy and awful, with no mercy, will try to step foot onto this village, taking the precious necklace. This necklace was embedded with types of jewels, but the main jewel was a jade. This seemed to be cracked in some places, as if it had been through many wars before. The elder tapped her staff on the ground, asking volunteers “To come forth, match the dragon’s power, and you shall receive it’s blessing.” Multiple men stood straight and walked towards the elder, forming a line. The man then heard a low whisper “No one has ever matched its power since the elder. .” amongst many whispers. Worries filled the crowd as they’ve seen this all happen before, but something took over our stranger. Something in his gut told him that he doesn’t want to lose this village. This is his home, this is something he will never want to lose, something he will die for. He arose from amongst the crowd, standing in the line. He was ready to do everything he could to defend the village, even if it meant dying on the field he once traveled. Many other men and boys have failed with the gem and the despair on their faces muddied the village’s hope. His hope wavering, the stranger stood tall with his chin up. The elder stopped before putting the necklace on him and spoke softly “You must be strong, child. The dragon shows no mercy.” He took a deep breath and nodded, causing the elder to proceed. The suspense of this moment filled the village with hope and as the elder stood back, she flashed the stranger a smile. The necklace then gave a faint golden light between it's cracks, pulsing while on his chest. Elder came and lifted his hand and said “Fear no more my children, for we have found our dragon, once again!” and as the celebration went on, he was informed that he’d spend his days with the elder, harnessing the dragon's power to protect the village. Years passed by as he trained, harnessing the power. One day, as he trained, you can see upon the horizon the smoke of those who seek the necklace. As the village made preparations, the stranger had rushed to seize those who sought destruction. As he ran, he saw the technology they had. An entire army was coming and there was nothing that the villagers could do to defend themselves. In worry, our stranger had released the dragon's power, forming a ghost of a dragon that held him in the heart of it. The foe was astonished at the power, but it was so much more than they imagined! Their general exclaimed “We could level cities with this power, attack that thing!” As a powerful fight went on, the dragon couldn’t go on. The dragon fell, from one edge of the sea to the other, and as it's last defense mechanism, created huge mountains to protect those inside. The necklace was forever encased in the mountain, along with our beloved stranger. The stranger's name was Karakura, and the valley that was made from his actions was named after it, creating a prospering town for all those to enjoy.

“It is my greatest duty to protect the village that gave me hope and prosperity, for if it wasn’t for them, I’d be lost for an eternity.” -Karakura

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread