How old are you?:

Do you have any previous bans?:

None.

What Country are you from?:

I am from El Salvador and Togo.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):

Yes I do, saturnsring#5241

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:

Yes I do, and I have looked over them thoroughly.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes I do.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:

Yes I do.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:

I am on the server everyday, for a good 3 - 8 hours a day.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kσrєαn-αpplícαtíσn.13767/ [PENDING]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/díѕєαѕє-αpplícαtíσn.13766/ [PENDING]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/saturnsrings-shop-application.13680/ [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/misokis-shop-application.12409/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/language-application.12374/ [ACCEPTED]

THIS WAS IN THE 2017 ERA DOWN BELOW.
(I left for a good 2 months after October due to financial issues in real life but came back in January of 2018, being more active than ever)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/seas-mandarin-language-application.9792/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/seas-teacher-application.9311/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/seas-teaching-assistant-application.9261/ [ACCEPTED]

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I believe that being a teacher will give you incredible joy in seeing the difference they make as students gain new insights, become more interested in a subject and learn about themselves. Every day, teachers mold the future through impacting their students’ views and understandings. Teachers foster and develop creativity, develop character, give students lenses with which to view the world and provide students with the skills they need to reach their potential and lead productive lives. Many individuals such as I are attracted to teaching by a sense of service, because they want to make a clear, tangible difference in the lives of others. As a teacher, you see the thriving of your efforts everyday as you use your intelligence and creativity to help students become excited about and learn about important knowledge and topics in their lives.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

Yes I have. I have played on numerous roleplaying servers about all kinds and types of roleplay before I came into SRP around the time the old map was introduced. Upon arrival at SRP, I also stabilized to a better sense of roleplay where I then thrived upon its atmosphere.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:

Yes.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

Classroom logs are very important for numerous reasons while being the position of a teacher. By logging classes and their dates, this is how the staff and higher rankings of the school make sure you are doing your job and not slacking. By this, I mean if someone is not teaching, higher rankings are aware of this and have proof that can counter you for unprofessionalism and failing to do your duty. Thus so, there is a sense of organization in the overall teacher group.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

(OOC'ly, I believe I would write an application on the "Field Trip Applications" Thread but I am not sure if those are still active)

I would take a look into the lesson plan topics that have been covered most often and use those topics to set up a field trip to a destination in which fits the criteria that the students are learning about. By doing so, it could allow students to get a better understanding of the class's lesson when going on this trip. In order to set it up, I would speak to a Vice Principal and the Principal for permission and asking for the budget plan. I would then check in with the leaders of the educational location we are planning on going on and also setting it up with them. After all is done, I would hand students permission slips and make sure them and a legal guardian signed.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Do not speak over the teacher during the lesson, let alone any other school employee in the class.
2. Show respect to fellow peers and the teacher.
3. Have all electronics turned off during the lesson or else they may be confiscated.
4. Show an effort to learning in the class, this meaning, raise your hand with thought-out responses to discussions.
5. Do not sass the teacher.
6. Do not complain about work, please do your tasks as so.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

I have been in all kinds of roleplays, from GangRP to TeachingRP to even BusinessRP on SRP and as well as other platforms. I know how to act in any kind of roleplay because I know how to adjust and adapt with the knowledge given on the type of roleplay. In this case, I know my responsibilities of being a teacher and how to control what is needed.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: The HD are responsible for keeping a certain curriculum at a high standards, also overseeing NQT's, normally old.

- QTLS: The QTLS know the basics and know what's needed to start their own classes.

- NQT: These are the newest teachers who need permission from an HD before starting a class who have most-likely just graduated.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers play important roles in the lives of the students in their classrooms. Teachers are best known for the role of educating the students that are placed in their care. Beyond that, teachers serve many other roles in the classroom. Teachers set the tone of their classrooms, build a warm environment, mentor and nurture students, become role models, and listen and look for signs of trouble. Teachers in Japan earn from 44,000-250,000 Yen as their salary, however this can very in other places due to currency and economic ideals in other places. The most common role a teacher plays in the classroom is to teach knowledge to children. Teachers are given a curriculum they must follow that meets state guidelines. This curriculum is followed by the teacher so that throughout the year, all pertinent knowledge is dispensed to the students. Teachers teach in many ways including lectures, small group activities and hands-on learning activities. Teachers also play an important role in the classroom when it comes to the environment. Students often mimic a teacher’s actions. If the teacher prepares a warm, happy environment, students are more likely to be happy. An environment set by the teacher can be either positive or negative. If students sense the teacher is angry, students may react negatively to that and therefore learning can be impaired. Teachers are responsible for the social behavior in their classrooms. This behavior is primarily a reflection of the teacher’s actions and the environment they set. Teachers typically do not think of themselves as role models, however, inadvertently they are. Students spend a great deal of time with their teacher and therefore, the teacher becomes a role model to them. This can be a positive or negative effect depending on the teacher. Teachers are there not only to teach the children, but also to love and care for them. Teachers are typically highly respected by people in the community and therefore become a role model to students and parents. Mentoring is also natural role taken on by teachers, whether it is intentional or not. This again can have positive or negative effects on children. Mentoring is a way a teacher encourages students to strive to be the best they can. This also includes encouraging students to enjoy learning. Part of mentoring consists of listening to students. By taking time to listen to what students say, teachers impart to students a sense of ownership in the classroom. This helps build their confidence and helps them want to be successful. Another role played by teachers is a protector role. Teachers are taught to look for signs of trouble in the students. When students’ behaviors change or physical signs of abuse are noticed, teachers are required to look into the problem. Teachers must follow faculty procedures when it comes to following up on all signs of trouble. In their spare time, Teachers live a normal life, most-likely with family, doing their everyday needs. While at work (in-game), they are required to stay on duty and complete their tasks formally and professionally. Teacher most-likely stat after-school and later than most people as they grade papers, exams, classwork, etc.

Why are teachers important to SchoolRP?

Teachers are extremely important to SchoolRP's atmosphere, after all, as stated by its name, it uses the foundation of SCHOOL roleplay. As that is said, who are the main impacts on students at school? The teachers are the ones who teach students and give them an education. Without teachers, there is no genuine School roleplay.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school works on the planning system known as MoSCo. (Must have, Could have, Should have)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Tyler Moon is a tall, formal figure, standing at 6’5. He always has a serious expression on his face, having hazel eyes and black hair. He’d also be wearing reading-glasses. What makes Tyler different is his passion for the world of education and teaching students beyond their standards in a good manner. He never wants to set the bar too low for students, he believes setting higher and higher standards in the classroom is one of the best forms of teaching. He has different teaching traits that his strong passion influence so greatly to become in the state of a teacher that he is. Tyler’s looks upon the students as learners who have not yet completed the overall knowledgable standards in school, thus meaning, Tyler believes they are all capable and intelligent students in the education field. As for teachers, Tyler likes to keep things professional and occassionally speak to them, but he knows they also have busy schedules as well so he does not distract them from their business and/or job. However, he appreciates teachers for coming this far in their lives and likes to become friends with them all whether its outside of school or in the teachers’ lounge. His personality revolves around good-mannered traits. Tyler’s persona is of course, serious but he does crack a joke at times, meaning he can be very joyful. Tyler is also very social meaning he can basically talk to anyone without any awkwardness. Finally, his outlook on the future has many aspects taken to mind. He still hopes to educate the mindsets of the youth however he hopes to have much more knowledge than he has now, so he can be the best teacher he can be for the kind students.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I politely and calmly go up to the delinquents, formally reminding them to please keep the school's atmosphere a safe area, telling them to stop using such foul language inside of school. If they continue to disobey, I immediately report everything to a higher-ranking such as a VP or Principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I announce to the class that everyone will spend a detention in the class if the fuss does not calm down. If they continue to do so, I let the class know I am getting a Vice Principal or Principal, or just any higher-ranking in the school system in the class and those of the class who continue to talk and disrupt will have a meeting with them, letting them know that their parents will most-likely be involved as well.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

My teacher acts formally upon being in the teacher's lounge, occasionally smiling at the other teachers as he sips his coffee, also attempting to start small talk with teachers just to clear any awkwardness in the atmosphere. Small talk could range from talking about their classes or their genuine life.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He'd walk formally around the entire class, examining their answers to the quiz briefly, making sure everyone was doing their work.
/me He'd lower his glasses as he stared at the boy attempting to cheat off another student, calmly walking up to his desk.
/me He'd pass out the worksheet, briefly smiling at the students, before occasionally fixing his glasses' angle.
/me He'd begin to write a detention slip, writing the student's name, time of detention, and their actions, formally walking to his desk and laying it on his desk.
/me He'd swiftly take attendance on his roster, writing a check mark on the students who were present, smiling at them.

Backstory

Tyler Moon was born in Tokyo, Japan on February 12, 1989. At the time, his parents were seemingly in love, being kind and well having a stable relationship. When Tyler was 2, his mother had died in a car accident as she drove on the influence of alcohol. Tyler had seen her but of course did not know much about her mom, being 2. As that happened, his father was of course heart-broken that he had lost the love of his life. His father began to fall into depression, at this time, Tyler was 5 and going to school, he always thought of his education as a way to cope with problems because he seemed to love learning a lot. One day, Tyler was called into the school office to get some news. The news was that his father had sadly passed away in their apartment, the officials not being sure what the cause was. Tyler was deeply saddneed, knowing that was the only parent he ever knew wholeheartedly. The school didn’t allow Tyler to go home by himself due to this news. The school staff were left confused as to what to do in this situation. His kindergarten teacher did something no one expected, she offered to let the boy stay at home until something was settled, and Tyler did so. At her home, Tyler was educated even more by her, getting more knowledge both at school and at home. He began to flourish as a person and as a learner. 3 months later, officials came to her house, letting her know that he would be taken into foster care unless someone adopted him before then. Tyler did not want to leave, he loved his new home, beginning to cry and sob as he heard the news. Miss Honey, the teacher who was taking him in at the time decided to do a drastic decision, adopting him. She went to the adoption center and filed for the needed information to adopt Tyler. Tyler was completely happy and joyful, hugging Miss Honey on the way back. His life was a very good lifestyle from now on. Tyler began to grow a strong passion for education in itself. He joined educational clubs at school, as well as playing sports. Fast-forward some time, Tyler is 1 year from graduating high-school. He is stressed and confused as to what to do with his life. Miss Honey sat him down one day and began to talk with him. Tyler began to vent about not knowing what he wanted to pursue until Miss Honey once again gave some very great advice, she said, “Well, you like education a lot I know, why not make something great of that passion and study Education and become a Teacher for students!” Tyler was happily shocked, giving Miss Honey a huge hug, running off to his room, Miss Honey following him to help him on his College Enrollment Application. Fast-forward 5 years, he has graduated from College and High School. He has a Mastors Degree and is age 23. He applies for a job at a local Tokyo Highschool, becoming a teacher! He absolutely loved his job of making children joyful as they learned. He worked there for 6 years, now Tyler is attempting to get a job at Karakura High School, waiting in for results...

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Tyler Moon
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Moon
Given Name(s): Tyler Moon
Preferred Name: Tyler Moon

Religious Denomination: Atheism
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 6
Working Experience (# of years): 11(Tyler got his first job at a local restaurant at the age of 18 and worked at other small shops for 4 years maintaining himself in College before teaching at his first school, at the age of 23)

Academic Degree: Mastors Degree

Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Theater Drama
Minors: Biology

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No, I do not.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Drama

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
If I get accepted, I would lose my College Professor role. Also, if Drama is not available, I will take Physical Education please.
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

toodlekim

Level 71
Congratulations! You have met all the qualifications and your application has been ACCEPTED.

The estimated time (of) arrival for your role is 24 hours.
Please contact Labba#9336 on Discord if you have any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread