mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Teacher Application (department science) in School Roleplay

Introduction:

This is my application for a physics teacher or mathematics teacher in Karakura high.

I like to be both, but I prefer physics. Questions have the same layout as the format on the website, my personal answers will be written like this.

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

Valhalla_Calling

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Yesà SilverSpikeCommander#3004

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

UTC+2 (Belgium)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

It would be logical, so yes.

Describe your activity on the server:

I will often be online, except for when I have exams, then I will only come online once a day (real time) or maybe a bit more or less. Often is defined as a few times a day, sometimes over an hour (real time).

Do you have any previous bans?:

I have never had bans in any servers (except for once, but that was not justified), but on this server I have had no bans.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

//NONE//

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

12th grader, although a while ago a teacher suggested for me to go to college as my work was very well appreciated.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Mathematics and physics, although if I have to choose one, I would take physics for sure.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I like to teach, and I am sure I can actually learn the kids on the server some things about the course, so they might be able to have a better start when they learn this course in school in real life. I also am a university student, I have mathematics and physics for engineers, so I do know a lot about basic physics, and also a bit about advanced physics. Also I like this server, best RP server I have come through for the past years.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I do, and I would even like teacher training as I can have a fluid start thanks to the training.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

I think they are some kind of logbooks, to keep track of what classes there were, how often, to have some kind of frequency ratio of classes, like 4 classes/day, than the frequency will be 4. And also to keep track of which teachers hosted classes. This is extremely important both for the server staff and teachers themselves as the server staff have to keep track of teacher activity. The teachers on the other hand have to get payed for all their hosted classes, which is for the teachers not unimportant.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1) Come on time, if you don’t, I can still let you in, considering you have a good reason for being late.

2) You can talk when entering class, but when I start class, all students must be silent, unless I ask for answers on a math problem etc. Of course students are allowed to discuss with other students when solving problems.

3) Homework and assignments have to be made, I will only give assignments which can be made during class hours.

4) Do not yell at any times, science has to be learned calmly.

5) Be respectful to the teacher and other students, no bullying or any other forms of disrespect are allowed.

6) In case students have followed previous lessons and completed previous assignments, they are expected to still have the knowledge of those previous classes.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have been on Minecraft roleplay servers when I was a kid, I have been a police officer in a different RP server. I also did RP in GTA V Online and even, recently, D-DAY roleplay in Battlefield V.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head Of Department
↳ Description: Teachers who are head of a department are teachers who know about everything about teaching a subject on a specific department, for physics that will be the head of science department, for mathematics the head of maths department etc. They are the teachers with the most experience in the department. I assume we can ask them for help in case we forgot or don’t know something.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Those teachers have been teacher in their department for a while, they know how to work things out as a teacher. They are qualified by higher ranks, I assume principal or the HD, because of their good performances during classes, or generally in the school. They really have exprience in treaching.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: These teachers passed their teacher training, they settled in their department, and are still settling a little more. They are good, but they do not have all the experience yet.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Their application for teacher was accepted, although they did not have any training yet, and they may not host classes on their own yet.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers try to help students understand a course, good teachers will have a major influence on students understanding something. The salary is 450000 yen for hosting 15 classes, after that, they will be payed 50000 yen for every 10 classes they host, that payment however, can only be claimed twice a month.

Teachers try to find a way to make a lesson fun, they tell their own experiences they have had in their own student career, tips and tricks to help understand something better, because when you understand something, you will automatically find it more fun.

In their spare time they walk around the school, making sure everything is calm and there are no problems. They also prepare lessons, so they can fill up a whole lesson period, or even multiple.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are the second to best most important characters, because students are of course the most important. Teachers make sure students don’t get bored on the server, because with good teachers, these lessons will be more fun than anything else on the server. Suppose most students will find mathematics or physics interesting, wouldn’t that be amazing .

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

To be honest, I do not know, yet!

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Teachers look like normal adults, they may be dressed classic, maybe even a little bit casual, maybe this will help to let the students feel teachers are one of them, to make them more comfortable. The opinion of students differs a lot, because some students may hate all teachers, some students may even love teachers, and others don’t care a lot about their teachers. Nevertheless, teachers may become friends with many students.

It is also important to help the students think critically, as it would help understand anything better, and they wouldn’t just take in what the teacher teaches them, but they would be critical, and ask more questions. This is an important aspect in everyone’s life, being critical, never follow anybody blindly.

However, teachers need to differ themselves from students as they need authority, needed to control a class, and the school. They have to be patient and mentally strong.

Other teachers are co-workers, colleges, and perhaps friends. That’s absolutely mandatory as they must work in a team.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I will act with a respectful piece of authority, which is telling them to stop doing that, respectfully and calmly. I would give them a warning as well. Should they not stop, I would give them detention or some other punishment like cleaning a classroom for instance, or doing an assignment like to write a few pages of something. In case they start doing even worse actions, like threatening, I would give them detention, and I would tell the head of department, or other teachers when they are around.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I would tell them they have to listen, respectfully. I would tell them this is important, because with physics, you can have cool jobs, like a pilot, or they can test fun physics experiments themselves. In case the situation is that bad they will still not do anything, I would all have them write a few pages after class and whoever does not do this, will get detention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

My character would like to conversate with other teachers, to build up a bond between colleges or perhaps friends. I would tell them fun things happened in class (of course anonymous). And tell them stories. I might also be working hard on preparing the next class(es).

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me writes down an equation which most of the students would not understand, showing an equation of both X and Y components in the solution of problem 8

/me would frown on the answer of the student, making the student aware of an incorrect answer
/me would make a figure with his hands and fingers, showing a velocity vector pointing upwards in order to help understand the topic of physical movement
/me would welcome all students in class by making a kind of weird wave with his hand, in a way so that his hand would be tilted towards the right and towards the students

Backstory

He is Michaelle Soroka, born in Oslo, Norway. As a kid he was always fascinated about everything that had to do with the origin of everything. In elementary school he was this dumb kid, but very funny and social with other kids, even a little bit heroic, standing up against bullies and such. I mean, he had good grades and stuff, but people would never think he would become a smart student later on in his school career. However he asked a lot of questions to his parents about the origin of people, and the dirt, and the trees and all the birds, cats dogs etc. He always wondered how this all works. In highschool, he started with a bit of fear, because this would be a total different world. He went to a Norwegian highschool called Skilt, that means signpost. It was an easy school, most smart kids went to different schools. But soon the teachers knew he was not dumb. Even extremely talented and smart in some lessons. For instance in a lesson mathematics, once, the teacher wrote a problem on the blackboard which nobody of the students could solve, because there was a trick in this problem, the teacher didn’t expect anybody to notice that trick. However, little Michaelle spotted it as soon as the teacher wrote in on the board. He called it in, and he told the teacher where the flaw was, and what it was. But not only that, he explained why it could not be done. He was ahead of all the other students for sure.

His parents spotted this and wanted to send him to a “smarter” school. But Michaelle didn’t want this, as he made some friends here. Although overtime he was convinced he could do more if he went to a better school, so he had to leave his friends.

As highschool went on, he soon realised more and more about how the world works, he started to build up interest in physics and mathematics, he tried to see these scientific matters everywhere. As an example: when he was in the car with his father, he was constantly talking about where the speed vector was pointed towards when they made a corner etc.

After a bit of time, he even outsmarted all other students in this “smarter” school. His parents however, had a friend in Japan, they talked about little Michaelle of course. And that friend in Japan suggested Karakura High, as it was a nice school, good teachers, and both smart and medium students were here, so he would perfectly fit in there. It would also be a major culture shift, but a really nice one.

Michaelle really wanted this, as he could examine physics and all in a different location than this cold environment in Norway. Soon he settled in Karakura, and he would never want to leave here.

Quickly he build up a social life with other students and residents in the city. He liked to help other students to understand anything. So when he saw there were applications for teachers of science possible, he had no doubt, and went for it immediately. This would be his absolute dream.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Michaelle Soroka
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Soroka
Given Name(s): Professor Velocity (as that is the thing the kids called him in highschool)
Preferred Name: Michel

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Not married

Nationality:
Norwegian
Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
4 years as private physics and maths teacher.

Academic Degree:
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, graded as physicist.
Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): Master in Physics
Minors: Bachelor Geography

Native Languages:
Norwegian
Other Languages: English, French, German

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Negative

Extra

Additional notes about your application: /
Do you have any questions?:

I have a lot, like if I can use signs to write things on the board and stuff, or is there a different way? Can I ask the other questions during training?

Thank you for your time

-IGN: Valhalla_Calling

-IGN character name: Michaelle Soroka

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+